InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ inevitable destiny ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The three of them stood in silence for a few moments; Inuyasha took a closer look of him to see how much he changed over the years. Inuyasha first remembered him when they were kids and he had his short black hair along with his blue eyes. He could remember him as the geek with large bottle glasses, lots of gel on his hair, short, skinny and of course with a lousy sense of style. Now he looked at him and was very shocked, he was tall, as much or even more built than he was, he had black hair but it wasn't covered with gel now it was long and tied in a pony tail, he could finally see what color his eyes were and he realized they were blue. Inuyasha was surprised to find out that the man who never had a date in his whole time during high school was about to marry the girl who had been driving him crazy for a long time.
 
“I guess you two know each other” Kagome said breaking the uncomfortable atmosphere in the air, she looked at both of them.
 
“Unfortunately we do” Kouga mumbled and Inuyasha rubbed his temples. “Is there anything you would like to say?!”
 
“Sorry?” he offered and Kouga felt like hitting him.
 
“Sorry?! For all those times you and your stupid friends made me feel like a miserable geek who didn't deserve to live?!” Kagome looked at him confused.
 
“What the hell are you two arguing for?” she asked.
 
“I was bullied in high school by that jerk” Kouga said and Kagome got surprised.
 
“It was high school! Everyone had to bother someone!” Inuyasha said in his defense, Kouga let an annoyed sigh.
 
“Why are you here?” Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“I just came here to tell the wen… Kagome that she should be an hour early tomorrow” Kouga arched his brow.
 
“You work for this imbecile?!” his fiancé nodded and he closed his eyes for a moment. “Is that it?”
 
“Yeah” Inuyasha answered and Kouga smiled.
 
“Great” he closed the door in Inuyasha's face and went to his bedroom.
 
Kagome followed him and saw him changing to his pajamas; he used a pajama pant and a white T-shirt to sleep. She stood in the door watching him change as she tried to think about what to say to him, she knew he was mad. Kagome took a deep breath and approached to him, he kissed her softly on her moist lips and she placed her arms around his neck to pull him closer to her.
 
“Are you okay?” she asked once the kiss was over.
 
“Yeah… it's just that, he can get on my nerves” Kagome nodded, she knew exactly what he meant.
 
“How did you meet him?” she asked curiously and he pulled her arms away from his neck, he sat on the bed and pulled her to sit next to him.
 
“I met him when we were like 10 or something, we used to be really good friends till we entered junior high and bigger kids called me a freak and since Inuyasha's brother was between them and since he used to spend a lot of time with his brother… well, he started doing the same and I started hating him” she hugged him tightly.
 
“So… are you okay with me working with him?” he sighed and rolled his eyes.
 
“Do I have a choice? I mean… you love cooking and I won't ask you to quit just because I hate the guy you are working with” she kissed him again.
 
“Thanks… have I ever told you I love you?” he smiled.
 
“Yeah… but every time it hears even better” she giggled and went to change to her pajamas.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Should I buy you an alarm clock?” Inuyasha asked Kagome as she entered the restaurant.
 
“No thanks, my boyfriend gave me one and it works perfectly” she replied as she got her apron on.
 
“Maybe you should try something new like… turning it on for a change!” he yelled and she rolled her eyes at him.
 
“Okay, I'm sorry… I wasn't asleep, I was just hanging around with my fiancé in his free day” he nodded.
 
“I don't give a crap so if you just go to your place and start following my orders it would be what I'm waiting for” Kagome ignored him, she looked at the paper with today's orders, she went to the fridge. “Wench? Are you even listening? Did something brake inside your brain? Or should I ask… do you at least have one?”
 
“Yes, I do… and guess what? It has the ability to recognize people and call them by their names, look I'll show you… by your arrogant looks, golden eyes, silver hair and of course your way of annoying me, your name is Inuyasha… now you try it and call me Kagome” she slammed the fridge's door and started cooking.
 
“Damn! She's so damn hot and yet she is rebellious” Miroku mumbled and Sango hit him. “What?!”
 
“Stop it… she is engaged” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Have you ever heard the phrase `look but don't touch'? That's exactly what I'm doing right now” Sango hit him again. “Now what?”
 
“For being an ass” she replied and went to help Kagome.
 
“She loves me” Miroku said and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
Inuyasha pulled vegetables and started making a vegetarian salad, if there was something he hated more than not cooking was making a salad. `Whoever invented this salad crap must have been alone in an island with nothing better to do' he thought as he decorated the top of his plate with little bread pieces, celery and cherry tomatoes. He was about to ring a bell to let the waitress know that the order was ready when he saw Kagome coming with the same plate he had prepared on her hands.
 
“What is that?” he asked and she looked down at her food.
 
“A salad” he rolled his eyes.
 
“I know it's a salad… why did you prepare one when I'm supposed to do that?” she giggled.
 
“I took the paper first so it was my plate… you must have taken that order again” Inuyasha seemed to lose his patience and let out a sigh.
 
“Alright… here's what will do, you'll eat your salad for lunch” she shook her head.
 
“I'm having lunch with my fiancé” he rolled his eyes again.
 
“You should have thought about that before preparing the same plate”
 
Inuyasha walked away and Kagome was about to throw the salad to his head if it wasn't for Sango who came to grab the plate away from her. She placed it on the table next to the sink and Kagome sighed.
 
“It's just not fair” Kagome said as she tried not to let her anger take over her again, Sango nodded.
 
“Welcome to his world” she mumbled.
 
“How long is lunch time?” Sango looked at her clock.
 
“Well, it's about to start so if you half swallow that salad you might have enough time to see you fiancé” Kagome nodded, she grabbed a fork and a napkin and started eating.
 
“Will you care to join me?” Kagome asked her and she shook her head.
 
“Sorry, but wanted to eat at this new restaurant next door… I have to check the competition, see you after lunch”
 
Kagome saw Miroku leave as well; since Hojo and Yura were still taking a break from their work she sat there alone with Inuyasha as fried a piece of chicken on his pan. Kagome tried to eat as fast as she could but she thought she might throw up so she took her time to chew it correctly till it was small enough to be swallowed. She was sitting on the table next to the sink; Inuyasha put his chicken on a plate with smashed potatoes.
 
“Why don't you eat out like everyone else?” Kagome asked curious and he shook his head.
 
“How do I know they know how to cook?” she sighed.
 
“They are chefs, of course they know how to cook” he shook his head.
 
“They may know, but they don't cook as well as I do” she scoffed.
 
“Are you always this…?”
 
“Delightful?” he offered and she sighed. “Adorable… irresistible?”
 
“Conceited” she said and he laughed. “Seriously… you always act as if you were a god or something”
 
“In my kitchen, I am” Kagome sighed and kept on eating the salad. “Besides, with a goddess like you by my side… who wouldn't?”
 
Kagome nearly choke at his words, she looked at him and he was just acting as if nothing was wrong. She put away her plate and swallowed the food that was still in her mouth.
 
“Excuse me?” she asked and he looked at her confused.
 
“What's wrong?” she scoffed again.
 
“Did you just…? You just called me a goddess” he nodded.
 
“So?”
 
“I'm engaged” he nodded.
 
“So?” she sighed.
 
“Should I get worried that you feel attracted to me?” he laughed.
 
“Now that's interesting, why would I feel attracted to you?” she thought about it for a few minutes.
 
“Well… you were just flirting with me and I…” he covered her mouth with his hand, Inuyasha looked at her straightly in the eye and with the intensity of his looks, she felt like melting.
 
“I'll teach you the two different types of flirting… the first one are compliments… like the ones I've been saying to you lately… now that one doesn't harm anyone” he whispered huskily on her ear, she blushed even harder and he let out a chuckle. “And the second one involves touching… caressing you…” he cuddled the side of her cheek, still looking at her in the eyes. “Hugging you…” he pulled her into his strong arms. “And… of course, there's always… kissing you”
 
Kagome still looked at Inuyasha, who now moved his hand from her mouth and was slowly moving towards her. It was the perfect environment, they were alone, in her favorite place which was the kitchen, his face was just inches away from touching her soft lips but then she pushed him apart.
 
“I'm about to get married” she whispered and he sighed, Inuyasha looked down at his feet as he pretended to laugh.
 
“And you seriously thought I was going to kiss you? Grow up wench” Kagome looked at him as he left her alone, she cursed him and then she cursed herself for stopping him.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Rin made sure she locked the door this time before changing, she had successfully changed her clothes with no interruptions and she was now going back home. Her parents had no idea she was singing at night, she had told them that she wanted to study and she needed help from her friends so she would stay at a friend's apartment till 22 or even longer, her parents agreed only because they thought she was going to be a great doctor, if they only knew the truth. Rin knew what she was risking everything by doing this but as long as she was happy, she didn't care. She heard someone knock on the door, she opened and saw Sesshomaru.
 
“Hey… did you need to use your office?” she asked, Sesshomaru shook his head.
 
“No, I was just going around… wondering if you were already changed and… if you were ready to go out with me” she smiled.
 
“Oh, it's even cuter when you don't hesitate” she cooed and he looked away.
 
“Are you going to keep embarrassing me or are you ever going to go out with me?” he asked and she sighed heavily.
 
“Trust me; I really want to go out with you because you seem so sweet but… I can't… I have to be at my place in like half an hour because if I don't my pa... partners will kill me” he nodded.
 
“Then I'll drive you there” she got scared.
 
“No! I mean… there's no need for you to do that, its okay” she smiled at him and grabbed her backpack. “I'll see you tomorrow”
 
“Of course… tomorrow” he sighed heavily and sat on his desk.
 
“Poor Sess… heartbroken” he heard his brother mumble, he got annoyed by his comment. Sesshomaru turned around and looked at Inuyasha
 
“What do you want?” he asked and he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“I just came by to tell you that we have to make an inventory because I think we are almost out of vegetables and I also wanted to say I was very right” he sighed.
 
“About what?” Inuyasha chuckled.
 
“Sesshomaru, stop pretending… I can almost smell it, you are totally in love with that girl” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Are you done?” he asked and Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“No… ask her out, c'mon… don't be such a coward” he sighed again.
 
“I already did and…”
 
“I knew it! You like her!” Sesshomaru scoffed. “Go on…”
 
“I like her but she doesn't want to know about me, now go back to your kitchen and the next time you get out of there I hope it's for a useful purpose” Inuyasha smiled and walked out of his office.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Another day was over and Inuyasha as always, was exhausted but that didn't stop him from keeping on cooking. Once again he made up a lame excuse to keep Kagome with him, he didn't know what it was but something about her made him feel weird, but in a good way. Of course that didn't mean he could feel happy about his new feelings, he was falling for a girl who he had met three days ago and on top of that, she was engaged and on top of that, engaged to man who hates him. He thought he deserved it, after humiliating Kouga for years it was fair he got the girl of his dreams; apparently Karma did exist. Inuyasha sighed as he chopped fruits, he was looking for a new exotic dessert to attract new clients and lately things in their restaurant weren't exactly what he would call perfect; they had never been. They had few clients who came most of the time and who kept the restaurant alive but what the restaurant needed were more people coming. Inuyasha heard Kagome telling him something about going to her house, he pretended he didn't care and got the chopped fruits in a bowl, he mixed them with blueberry marmalade and poured whipped cream on top of them. He looked at it and sighed.
 
“And voila! I created…” he looked at his new plate and he sighed. “I created a fruit salad… an ordinary fruit salad! What the hell is wrong with me?!” he asked to himself aloud.
 
“Your brain for a start” he heard someone say, Inuyasha looked over his shoulders and saw Kouga leaning against a wall of his kitchen.
 
“And what are you doing here?” he asked as he placed his fruit salad inside the fridge.
 
“Waiting for my girl” he answered and walked next to him.
 
“She left like 10 minutes ago, I suggest you to follow her” he took his apron off and Kouga sighed.
 
“Aren't you lying to me?” he asked and Inuyasha scoffed.
 
“Why would I?” Kouga shrugged his shoulders.
 
“I don't know… maybe because you hate me?” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Kouga, forget about it… it was high school, everyone has their own time to act like a jerk… high school was mine so stop living in the past and move on”
 
“Oh, it's easy for you to say it because you were never locked inside your own locker… you were never left without your clothes after gym class and you may never know the joy of getting your head flushed down a toilet” Inuyasha tried not to let a smile slip his lips, he actually enjoyed doing that kind of stuff but he had to remember that he wasn't the defenseless guy he once met.
 
“Is there anything I can do to let you forgive me?” he asked and Kouga stopped to think for a moment.
 
“Sure… you could give me a job” Inuyasha arched his brow.
 
“You aren't working?” he shook his head.
 
“I told Kagome I was working at a big company and that I had to travel to Japan constantly but the truth is that… when I go to Japan is to ask my grandfather to loan me some money and… last time I had to ask for a lot since I'm getting married and I won't be able to ask him money in a while… anyway, call me when you need me” Kouga said and walked out of his kitchen.
 
Inuyasha processed the new information in his brain; Kouga wasn't working so he was lying to Kagome. He found it very interesting although he still couldn't figure out why. `Has being around too many onions affected your brain? This is your perfect chance to win the girl… you tell her he's an idiot, she falls to your arms and voila! Kouga is out of your life forever and Kagome enters yours' he sighed, whoever inside his brain had thought about that plan was very brilliant but he couldn't do it. `Think about it, you wake up every morning the aroma of fresh coffee and Kagome enters your or should I say to her new room and serves you breakfast before going to work… sounds lovely, doesn't it?' Inuyasha nodded in agreement but he still wasn't going to do it, he heard someone yell in his mind. `Why, you moron?! Why don't you use this information to grab the girl and have a happy ending?! Why the fuck do you think a loser like him deserves such a great girl?!' Inuyasha sighed.
 
“I don't know… but she loves him and I don't want to ruin that for her” he mumbled at loud and turned off the lights of his kitchen before heading back to his apartment.
 
 
 
 
A/N: sorry for the late update but I'm taking a short break to get away from writing for a while and of course I'm taking this time to review my older stories and change their plot a bit… not that much of course but anyway, I'm also away from my computer because my cousin was just had a nose job and I'm helping my aunt take care of her while she's working and that's taking most of my time. Review please!!! =)