InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ competition ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Why do you always do that?” Miroku asked to her and she looked at him confused.
 
“What?”
 
“Whenever he is around… you… you always get away from me or call me names, are you ashamed of me?” he hissed and she shook her head.
 
“No, I'm not ashamed of you… you know what an asshole Inuyasha can be and I don't want him to bother us… that's why I'm always trying to keep our relationship in secret… I really, really like you” he half smiled.
 
“I feel the same way” his girlfriend kissed his cheek. “Do you like the new girl?”
 
“Kagome?” he nodded. “Love her, really she's adorable”
 
“How do you feel about how Inuyasha treats her?” she shrugged her shoulders.
 
“That's all in the past; I don't care about that… not anymore”
 
No matter how much he heard it, he never believed it. He kept his eyes on her all the time and he was so jealous about the looks she shot to his boss, always looking at him with such a desire. Sometimes he wondered if she knew that he was aware that her feelings haven't vanished yet. Everyday he would wake up next to her and the only thing she would mention was him. He had to admit that he wanted to kill Inuyasha, not only because he had the attention of the girl he loved the most but because he acted as if she hated her and still she would even more attracted to him. She caught his glare on her and she looked at him worried.
 
“Now what?” he shook his head.
 
“Can't I even look at my own girlfriend?” she sighed.
 
“Not with that look” he smiled.
 
“Then maybe could I have a kiss?” Sango smiled a little before planting a peck on his lips. “That wasn't what I was thinking about”
 
“Shut up perv” he laughed a little.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Inuyasha drove to his restaurant to arrive early, ever since Sesshomaru hired Kagome he wanted to be there first and find her. Today was no different but he also wanted to apologize to her after what he had told her about his boyfriend. `But he said it himself; would he be able to make up things and hire actors to make Kagome believe that he really is a business man? Poor grandpa… he must be running low of cash' he thought and before he got to his usual spot to park his car, he noticed at big banner with the words: `Big inauguration'. Inuyasha parked his car and looked over at the new place which was called `Shichi'nintai'. He looked at it worried and entered to the restaurant to find his brother frustrated.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked and he sighed.
 
“It's her” Inuyasha looked at him surprised.
 
“You mean…”
 
“Yeah, she just opened the restaurant right in front of us… the new `Shichi'nintai' it's hers” he understood his frustration and got as mad or even more than him.
 
“What are we going to do?” he asked his brother and he sighed again.
 
“What we have been doing lately… ignore her” he heard someone laugh a little.
 
“You were planning on ignoring me, honey?” the two brothers looked back at the woman who made them so nervous.
 
Sesshomaru had to admit that she was looking better than ever, her big scarlet eyes fixated on Sesshomaru's golden ones. Her whole body had a silky white appearance that made her very desirable along with her dark, dark as the night hair that was tied up with two turquoise chop sticks. He looked amazed at her body, the gray skirt with a white blouse and white shoes with short heels made her look very thin but in a good way. She walked towards the two men in front of her and rested her hand on her hip as she traveled her eyes around their restaurant.
 
“Pretty nice place you got here, that's all you did after our divorce?” she asked.
 
“You look beautiful” he mumbled and she half smiled.
 
“Thanks darling” she looked at Inuyasha. “Still an ignorant chef?”
 
“Still a heartless gold digger bitch?”
 
“Inuyasha!” his brother yelled and he looked at him with anger.
 
“Have fun while you can… this place will be over once mine gets a reputation, bye Sess” she walked out.
 
“Bye Kagura” he mumbled and Inuyasha hit his brother's head. “That hurt you know”
 
“You're still in love with her?” he asked and he sighed.
 
“Well what do you expect me to do?! I'm not like you… I don't like ditching girls every minute” Inuyasha looked at him furious.
 
“The problem is… you are still in love with her, you're still in love with the woman who took all your money and broke your heart into a million pieces… I thought you were over that, I mean after dating Rin…”
 
“You know I'm dating her?” he asked surprised and he nodded.
“Please, anyone who saw her presentation last night knew you two were dating… have you told her about Kagura?”
 
That was a question that was torturing Sesshomaru, for the last two days it was all he could think about. About 5 years, he married the art dealer when he was 25 and she was 22. For three years, their marriage seemed to be perfect until Kagura started to demand attention, he being used to travel to many cities thought that she would get used to it but she never did. Their relationship ended when he caught Kagura kissing another man, he never got to know who he was but he would never forget that moment. Two days later, he presented the divorce papers and two weeks later she kept everything Sesshomaru had, including the house he bought. He wondered how he would tell Rin or at least when he should tell her.
 
“No” Inuyasha hit his brother like he did before. “I'll chop off your hand if you dare to hit me once again”
 
“And what? Will you wait till the two of them find each other and hear Kagura telling her about your past?” he shook his head.
 
“I'll tell her, in the right time” Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Good morning” he heard Kagome say and walked right into the kitchen.
 
“Morning” Inuyasha mumbled and Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“Trying to get the committed girl?” Inuyasha tsked.
 
“Nothing wrong in being polite with my coworkers” they saw Miroku and Sango coming in. “A bit late, are we? Get your asses to the kitchen and start by boiling water… same positions as yesterday, move it perverted asshole”
 
“Yeah right” he heard his brother mumble.
 
“What?”
 
Nothing wrong in being polite with my coworkers, shouldn't you treat them all the same? Admit it… you really like her”
 
“So what? She's a great chef…” his brother looked at him skeptical. “And she's attractive but… she is engaged, what am I supposed to do? I'm just being friendly with her… like Miroku always says”
 
“I'm afraid that what he always says is look but don't touch, not flirt but don't get to second base… think about it”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
`How could he say something like that?' Kagome thought as she boiled carrots. `Why about Kouga? He can't be jealous…Inuyasha doesn't really like me and I should learn to accept that, he likes to bother me with those stupid but sweet compliments… sweet? He's always saying something degrading, like when he called me a goddess… okay, not that but there will be some bad things and I don't want to be there when he says them… Inuyasha is just a flirt … yes, that's all he is… an annoying flirt' she sighed and noticed that the carrots were ready, she grabbed the pot and was about to pour the water out on the sink when she crashed with someone. Unfortunately, the water on the pot got splashed on the person she crashed with and for her bad luck, that person turned out to be Inuyasha.
 
“I'm really sorry! Are you okay?” she asked as she saw him open his mouth.
 
“It's burning” he mumbled and she put away the pot.
 
“I was very distracted I…” he covered her mouth.
 
“Bring me a wet towel, please” he said and she ran to get a table cloth wet.
 
Inuyasha had no other choice than to get off his apron and his T-shirt, he was able to see his whole abdomen area read. Inuyasha heard someone whistle and looked back at Yura who was eating him with her eyes. Kagome came back only to have her mouth hang open as she studied Inuyasha's perfect built body. Noticing she was very distracted, he pulled the towel away from her hands and placed it on his body. He felt better as the cold fabric met his burn body. Sango looked back at him and Miroku did the same as they noticed what had just happened.
 
“That must have hurt” Sango said as she walked closer to Inuyasha.
 
“You think?!” he practically yelled at her and she rolled her eyes.
 
“I think I saw some ointment at the closet, you want me to bring it for you?” Sango offered and he nodded.
 
“It doesn't seem that bad, you can use an apron” Miroku said and he shook his head.
 
“It hurts more than you think” Inuyasha touched his stomach lightly. “I think I'll need a whole bucket of ice”
 
“Here, you want me to put it on you?” Sango asked and he laughed.
 
“Are you that desperate to touch my body?” he asked and she scoffed.
 
“I was just trying to be nice” she turned around to hide her red cheeks.
 
“You can be nice by keep working, you too perverted asshole” he sighed annoyed.
 
“Coming” he left Kagome and Inuyasha alone.
 
She looked at him as he sat on a chair and sighed relieved, Kagome was feeling very guilty although then she started thinking about what he told her about Kouga. `Wouldn't this be considered as Karma? He tried to push away my boyfriend and now he's suffering because of his attempts of my unhappiness… in a way, he deserves this! It's what he gained for being an ass! I shouldn't be feeling like this! I should feel like justice has been made… exactly, so I'm just going to turn around and keep on working' Kagome took one last look at him before going to work but she felt him grabbing her hand.
 
“Don't leave me” he mumbled.
 
“But I have to cook” she said and he shook his head.
 
“Let the others handle that” she smiled softly. “I want you to get me another wet towel”
 
Kagome's smile vanished once he asked her for that, she took away the one that was resting over his stomach and went to soak another table cloth. As she walked over to the sink, she noticed Sango's eyes looking over at Inuyasha and noticed Miroku's eyes looking towards Sango. Kagome decided that she wouldn't say a thing but she knew that something was going on. During her first days, she thought that Sango hated Inuyasha as much as Kagome thought she hated him but it was the opposite and Miroku seemed to like to flirt with Sango but it was something else he wanted from her. `They are all in love with the wrong person' she thought and walked back to Inuyasha. `It's a weird thing… Miroku is in love with Sango, Sango is in love with Inuyasha and… if I'm correct, he feels something for me' she swallowed hard and gave him the towel before getting back to work.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Sesshomaru was losing his patience, live entertainment was supposed to start half an hour ago and Rin wasn't there yet. He waited for her to call to his cell phone, after last night's date they exchanged each other's number while they had dinner. Sesshomaru had tried to call her several times but she had apparently turned off her cell phone. He waited for her sitting on one of his tables when he heard someone come in and sit right in front of him. It was none of other than his ex wife; she looked around his place just like she had done it that same morning and yawned.
 
“I thought you had live entertainment, that's what it says outside” she smiled and he rolled his eyes.
 
“The girl is just late… she has an astonishing voice” she looked at him surprised.
 
“So know you appreciate music? I remember you hating when I got my CDs on your car… or was it only to annoy me?” he sighed annoyed.
 
“Did you come here only to bother me or does your visit have a purpose?” she nodded.
 
“I do have a purpose, I was wondering if you were wanted to sell your restaurant” he arched his brow.
 
“What?”
 
“This place seems dead, look at this” Sesshomaru looked around. “3 or 4 tables full when you have more than 10 other places to sit… I think it's time for you and your brother to walk away from this business before you lose any more money”
 
“I'm not losing any money, I'm making more… this place is fine, it only has 2 years since it opened and it's not going bad; unlike yours which…” she shook her head.
 
“Mine isn't open yet so don't jump to conclusions darling, the banner out there isn't accurate… it's going to open at the end of this week, I'll see you tomorrow” she kissed his cheek and stood up, Sesshomaru sighed heavily.
 
He kept his gaze on her till she walked out of the door, a few seconds later he saw Rin coming in. He was grateful they didn't cross paths but he was angry because she had missed her own presentation. She saw him look at him very shocked but decided to stay calm, Sesshomaru walked towards her and she panicked.
 
“Where the hell have you been?!” he hissed furiously and he saw a man and a woman walk inside his restaurant. “Oh, good night… welcome to `Shikon Cooking'”
 
“It looks very pretty, don't you think Rin?” she nodded.
 
“Great attention… don't you think so, Rin darling?” the woman asked and Rin swallowed hard as she looked at Sesshomaru's golden gaze.
 
“Amazing mother, thanks for bringing me here for my birthday father”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Inuyasha and Kagome were left alone; Sango said something about visiting a friend at the hospital, Miroku mentioned that he had promised to pick up a friend at the airport; Hojo and Yura were going to search for a new apartment since their last place was filled with roaches. They all said that they have asked Sesshomaru for permission and it was true but since he was too distracted waiting for Rin, he had no idea of what he was doing. Kagome asked for permission too but before she could even present the idea to Sesshomaru, Inuyasha immediately refused saying he needed help for tonight and that if she left he would fire her. At those conditions, Kagome stayed although she wasn't very happy about it.
 
“Are you still not going to talk to me?” he asked and she kept on chopping fruits. “For Christ sakes, are you always this bitchy, wench?”
 
“Don't call me like that, my name is Kagome or have you forgotten it?” he smiled.
 
“Now we're getting somewhere” she sighed annoyed.
 
“You gotta stop doing that”
 
“What?” she rolled her eyes.
 
“That! Play nice and bad… you like to make me angry and other times you like to make me happy, why do you have to do that?” he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“To like watching you angry because you look adorable” Kagome blushed and he smiled again. “You look even more adorable when you blush”
 
“Stop it, I'm getting married” she repeated and he rolled his eyes.
 
“Why didn't I see that coming?” he asked more to himself and pulled away to keep on frying food. “Every time I open my mouth you open your to let out your boyfriend's name… why do you have to do that?” he mocked her and she laughed a little.
 
“Well I…” they heard the door open and Kagome saw her fiancé. “Kouga!”
 
Kagome ran and placed a kiss on his lips, he hugged her tightly as he kept a big smile on his lips. Inuyasha watched them uncomfortable until he turned his eyes to look at him. He whispered something on Kagome's ear and she nodded, she kissed his cheek and walked out of the kitchen.
 
“You lied to me” Inuyasha said and he smiled.
 
“Yeah, it was very fun… I never thought that you would actually believe something like that”
 
“I just want to know why you did it” he thought about it for a second.
 
“Remember when you said that high school was your time for being an ass?” Inuyasha sighed and nodded. “Well this is my time now, so you better watch your back Takashi”
 
“Sess said yes, let's go” Kagome said and grabbed his hand.
 
Kouga smirked before walking out the door with Kagome, Inuyasha cursed himself and kept on cooking alone.
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I updated faster than you thought huh? Lol… I've been doing nothing lately and after two whole months of playing wii it starts to get boring, so… I'm a step away from finishing `The truth beyond' and I think that as soon as I end that story I'll keep on posting for `Destiny's ploy' hope any fans of that story are happy, anyways… review please!!! =)