InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ food critic ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshomaru was desperate, his restaurant opened the next morning and he had lost costumers. He was making counts and he realized that if things kept going like that, his restaurant will have to close and he would have to find another job. Sesshomaru looked out the window and saw the long line in outside his ex wife's restaurant; he sighed heavily and closed the curtains to prevent him from torture. He grabbed the newspaper to distract for a while and opened in a random page, he read the title which was So you think you can cook? Sesshomaru found it very interesting and started reading the article.
 
Yesterday, I went to a new hip restaurant called Cooks… pretty catchy name, huh? It had a nice environment, nice waiters and a very well presented menu with many, many options but I just picked my typical three: the soup special, the main plate special and the dessert special. Soup was good; it was a well prepared red pepper cream, no complains about that. Main plate was a juicy meat with fried vegetables and smashed potatoes, it was to die for. Dessert… not their specialty; peaches with whipped cream and that cream had a sour taste, it really disappointed me after a great banquet and it ruined the night for me. For their good attention and their first two plates, I would give them an A but I'm very picky and I think everyone is when it comes to dessert so due to it I will give them a C, which in my vocabulary means improvement. I don't recommend this restaurant for desserts but if you what you like is salty things then definitely this is your restaurant. Next week, I'll be visiting Shichi'nintai owned by Kagura Onigumo-Takashi, we'll know if they can cook.
By: Kikyo Hiramatsuri
 
Sesshomaru was shocked; he never knew that there was a food critic and that she had her own special column in the newspaper. He read the date; it was from yesterday so probably today she was supposed to go eat at Shichi'nintai. Sesshomaru debated whether it was good or bad, if many people read the column and if the critic turned out to be good many would go and it there but if it turned to be bad costumers would stop going to eat there. Sesshomaru got up from his chair and got a hat, he got in all of his silver hair and grabbed dark sun glasses, he hoped Kagura didn't recognize him and he walked towards his ex wife restaurant.
 
“Welcome to Shichi'nintai” he heard Kagura say, he turned to look at her and she smiled. “Table for one?”
 
“Um… yes, please” she instructed him over to a corner and he saw a girl that he thought was Kagome, he looked again and noticed that her skin tone was a bit paler.
 
“Excuse me, Miss… I don't mean to be annoying but I've been here for about an hour and I'm hungry… will you please take my order?” Kagura nodded.
 
“Just one second” Kagura walked away and she sighed, she pulled out a small notebook and wrote something.
 
“Hi, I couldn't help to listen… you have been waiting very long?” Sesshomaru asked her and she nodded.
 
“Yeah… attention here seems to be very bad, I'll take that in mind if I ever come here again” he smiled.
 
“I heard that attention next door is very good, I didn't go there because it was closed” she looked at him surprised.
 
“There's another restaurant next door?” she asked, he was angry that she hadn't notice his restaurant but he only sighed.
 
“Not exactly next door, right in front of this one… it's pretty good, the owner and the chef are friends of mine” she nodded.
 
“I might visit it tomorrow… my name is Kikyo, by the way” she smiled and he smiled wider.
 
“My name is Se…” he thought that if he gave her his real name it might seem suspicious. “Senpai”
 
“Senpai?” he nodded and she laughed a little. “Alright… would you mind to join me for dinner, Senpai?”
 
“I don't think so… I'm very hungry and if they take that long to take an order, I don't want to know how long they take to cook” she smiled. “Pleased to meet you”
 
Sesshomaru walked back to his own restaurant; once he was there he started jumping out of happiness. He couldn't wait for Kagura's review to come out and he was even more impatient for her to come and write about his restaurant. Inuyasha came out and saw his older brother with a very big smile plastered on his lips; he looked at him worried and placed his hand over his brother's forehead. Sesshomaru looked at him confused and Inuyasha pulled his hand away.
 
“No, you don't have fever… what the hell is wrong with you then?” Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“It just happens that maybe I found the way to save our restaurant… am I genius or what?” Inuyasha arched his brow.
 
“What are you going to do?”
 
“Nothing, it's what someone will do for us… tomorrow night I want you to prepare that shrimp thing, find a name for it soon” Inuyasha thought about it.
 
“How about kick ass shrimp?” his older brother shot him a look. “No? Okay… I'll think about something, can I go home now? There's nothing left for me to do”
 
“I'm not stopping you, am I?” Inuyasha stuck his tongue out and Sesshomaru chuckled. “Oh, very mature”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Hi honey” Kagome kissed Kouga and he looked at her surprised.
 
“Didn't you just leave home like 5 minutes ago telling me you had to work?” she nodded.
 
“Let's say I got a free day… why don't we go out for lunch? I don't want to cook right now” he smiled.
 
“Whatever my babe wants, my babe gets” she laughed and he yawned. “I'll take a shower and once I'm ready I'll take you to a very nice restaurant to eat very good food, of course not as good as the one you cook”
 
“Thanks darling” he kissed her cheek and entered to the bathroom.
 
Kagome threw herself on the bed, she sighed. `What is wrong with me? How can I not know if I'm really in love with Kouga? Of course I am! That's stupid… I'm just having cold feet… I will marry Kouga, nothing will make me change my mind… not even… not even Inuyasha' she clenched her fists in fury. `Why am I even thinking about him?! I don't even get along with him that well… I bet he's just doing that stuff because he likes to annoy me… I know he doesn't like me' Kagome saw her boyfriend come out of the bathroom dressed and smiled. He arranged his hair and looked at her in the mirror, he smiled.
 
“Like what you see?” he asked and she laughed.
 
“Oh yes… you are so very hot” he chuckled and walked towards her, he kissed her softly on the lips.
 
“I love you… don't you ever forget that” she smiled softly.
 
“You know I feel the same way” he hugged her and kissed her forehead. “So where are you taking me? Should I look good?”
 
“You always look good” she smiled. “You look great to me, we are going somewhere you have been begging me to take you… you are going to like it”
 
“I wonder what it is” she mumbled as he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the apartment.
 
“Then let's go”
 
Kouga drove one hour and a half to take her to the place she desired the most, he knew she would like it because it was everything she could think about. Kouga didn't know why but ever since he saw Inuyasha at his door frame, he knew that he shouldn't be near his fiancé and what a better way to make her forget about him than getting her precious wedding dress. Kouga parked at the shop and Kagome smiled and squealed before kissing her boyfriend several times. She practically jumped off the car and ran towards the store.
 
“Hi, welcome… Kagome?” the sales girl said and she smiled.
 
“Oh my god! Yuka! What are you doing here? I thought you were still living at Tokyo!” she smiled as she hugged her.
 
“I moved here about a month ago… I was too busy looking for an apartment and a job that I didn't even get a chance to call you, you aren't mad… right?” her friend laughed.
 
“Of course not! I'm very happy to see you here! Oh, I'm sorry… this is my fiancé Kouga” Yuka's eyes widened.
 
“Oh my god… he's gorgeous” she whispered and smiled. “Very nice to meet you, you are getting married?!”
 
“Why else would I be here?” Yuka hugged Kagome.
 
“Congrats! Well… you might wanna see a dress… and you…” she pointed at Kouga. “You are her future husband, you shouldn't be here… it's bad luck, I'll help her and trust me, you are going to love her wedding dress”
 
“Awesome… I'll go drink something nearby, call me once you are done” Kagome nodded and kissed him, once he was out the store she heard Yuka sigh.
 
“He's like a dream come true” Kagome blushed and giggled. “I wish I could meet someone like him”
 
“It's been ages since I talked to you and the girls… I've missed you so much” Kagome gasped. “I know… we can talk tomorrow when I invite you for dinner, I work at this restaurant called Shikon Cooking and I bet you might want to try one of my dishes”
 
“Are you sure Kags? When we were 15 you almost killed Ayumi with your so called chicken soup” she laughed.
 
“Trust me, this will only leave you wanting for more” she smiled.
 
“Alright, sounds good to me… now, let's pick a dress for you”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Inuyasha was at work early, today he was supposed to prepare the spicy shrimp Sesshomaru liked so much. Since he was so indecisive about the name, his older brother named it delightful sins. Inuyasha agreed after he was out of names, he was trying to remember the recipe he made up for it but the flavor never felt the same. He had no idea why Sesshomaru was acting so nervous today, he had mentioned something about being their only hope; Inuyasha heard the door open and saw Sango coming in. He had to admit for some reason she looked better than any other day, her hair was pulled down and her body was covered up in a very nice summer dress up to her knee. She smiled for a millisecond before replacing that smile for an annoyed look.
 
“What are you looking at?” he half smiled.
 
“For just a second, I forgot it was you… I was about to tell you how look you good” she blushed and opened her mouth but after no words came out; she turned around and grabbed her apron.
 
“Good morning everyone” Miroku said and gasped. “Sango! You look precious today!”
 
“You are not going to touch me perverted asshole” he laughed but his inside felt broken.
 
“Guys, today we have a big day… don't ask me why because not even I know about it, Sesshomaru told me that” they nodded and he noticed Kagome, Hojo and Yura coming in. “Ask your coworkers why today is such a big day”
 
“Not even we know it” Sango answered and Yura smiled as she walked towards Inuyasha.
 
“Hello handsome, I get off work soon” she whispered and he smiled.
 
“Too bad, because I like being here till late… now your dense boy might be happy about it” she looked back at her boyfriend who smiled friendly, she rolled her eyes. “To your position Melons”
 
“So… what is today's special?” Miroku asked intrigued and Inuyasha smiled widely.
 
“I'm glad you asked… its sea food, shrimp to be exact and it has a very complex sauce… Sess named it delightful sin and since it's such a special day I'll pair everyone up… perverted asshole you go with AMP and prepare every salads, soups, that kind of crap; Melons you go with your dense boy to prepare desserts and they better be good… and now I think I'm stuck with you” he said to Kagome and she rolled her eyes.
 
“Since I'm such an annoyance… why don't you pair me up with someone else? I bet Miroku will like to cook with you” he shook his head.
 
“I want you… to help me, of course” she blushed lightly but soon shook her head and sighed. “I'll take that as a yes, let's begin”
 
Inuyasha and Kagome prepared their plates with no problems, of course none other than Inuyasha bothering her about the way she cooked or thinking she left something raw. Kagome was worried about him because she felt someone's gaze on her all the time and she knew that the only eyes that could be watching her would be Sango's. She sighed heavily as she flipped in her pan a piece of meat with celery and beats. Kagome didn't like any of those things and couldn't even imagine who could eat something like that. Once she was done, she decorated it with fried potatoes and smiled at the result. Inuyasha came by and looked at it impressed, he grabbed a friend potato and Kagome slapped his hand.
 
“What?” he asked and she looked at him furious.
 
“Please, tell me you weren't going to eat from the client's plate” he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“Why not? Is not like he's going to find out” she rolled her eyes and took the plate away from him and gave it to the waiter, immediately after that Sesshomaru came running in.
 
“Okay, this is what I want you to prepare your famous onion soup… that spicy shrimp and of course white chocolate ice cream with piece of pecan pie” Inuyasha looked at him confused as he washed his hands.
 
“Who the fuck wants to eat all that?” Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“Someone who can save the restaurant… now move!” Inuyasha jumped a bit when he yelled at him.
 
Inuyasha sighed before asking Kagome for the ingredients and repeated the same process as yesterday, adding almost the same exact amount of wine and pepper he put the last time. Inuyasha tasted it and felt there was something missing, before he could even get the only thing he thought that was lacking, Kagome was right behind him with the salt. He smiled and kindly took it away from her, he poured some in his sauce and once he tried he was more than pleased with the result. Inuyasha looked over at Sango and Miroku who were already giving the waitress the soup, he needed something to compliment the shrimps and he got a corn salad with chopped carrots, mayonnaise and a bit of mustard.
 
“Looks tasty” Kagome said, he grabbed a spoon of his salad with a shrimp and took it to her mouth. “Inuyasha, this is from the client”
 
“He will never know it” she sighed before opening her mouth and eating it before smiled. “That good, huh?”
 
“Yeah… now turn it in to the client before I eat it” he smiled and walked to leave the plate, when Kagome turned around to wash her hands she saw Sango mad at her.
 
“What did I tell you?” she hissed and Kagome gulped.
 
“It was nothing” she said and walked towards the sink before Sango could say anything else.
 
After three marvelous dishes, they were exhausted and it was almost time for their break. Kagome left early before Inuyasha could make any excuse for her to stay, Sango was pleased and walked out and was later followed by her boyfriend. Yura and Hojo left once they were done with other desserts, Inuyasha was again was left alone but this time instead of cooking for himself he thought about going out and trying something different for a change, he wanted to eat junk food after years of forbidding himself from that kind of things. Inuyasha was about to walk out when Sesshomaru came in rushed like last time.
 
“You have to come out here” he arched his brow.
 
“And why is that?”
 
“Because the food critic wants to meet our very talented chef and that, as unbelievable as it is, it's you” Inuyasha was shocked.
 
“You invited a food critic and you didn't even tell me about it?!” his older brother rolled his eyes.
 
“I knew you would freak out and I would have made you nervous and you would have screwed it… I couldn't afford that… now get your ass out there and greet her” Sesshomaru pushed him out.
 
“Her?” he echoed.
 
Inuyasha was about to find that critic when he saw a woman sitting alone, she wasn't facing him but judging by her hair he thought it was the most beautiful woman in the face of earth since he thought she was someone he already knew. He cleared his throat and saw her flipping her dark hair back with her left hand; he saw no ring in her hand and smiled. `Maybe she finally left him after realizing that Kouga wasn't good for her… Kagome wanted me to know that she was tired of him and decided to give me a chance, he gave her back the ring and told him she didn't want to marry him' he fantasized as he approached her, he touched her shoulder and she turned around. Inuyasha kept a smile on his face although she wasn't who he thought she was, she was as beautiful as Kagome and the best part was that, she loved the food enough to become a food critic. The girl stood up and kissed his cheek softly, she had a soft smile hanging on her lips.
 
“Hi, my name is Kikyo Hiramatsuri… I'm the writer of the column in the newspaper called So you think you can cook and I have to admit that your ability to cook is one of the best… your name?”
 
“My name is Inuyasha Takashi, I'm half owner of this place and I want to take you out for dinner tonight” she blushed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I just finished this chapter, I know it's taking longer for me to update but you guys have to understand that I'm busy… VERY busy with school and of course my personal life is in the way… anyways, I'll try to update once per week but one chapter of my stories meaning that one week it will be `Destiny's ploy' and the other will be this story… I'm also taking time to change the plot of my old stories which is taking most of my time but I want everything in my profile to be perfect for when I stop writing (not that I plan to do that very soon though) so… review please!!! =)