InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ don't give up ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: first of all, I'm aware of how much time it took me to keep on going with this fic and of course I'm very sorry… but just so you can be kind enough to forgive me I made this chapter long and very good… I know I shouldn't dare to say this but I'm ready to risk my life… review please!!! =)
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“How about you flirt with me first?” Kikyo added with some giggles, pretending she didn't notice the slight pinkish tone on her cheeks. Inuyasha smiled delighted by the sound of her laugh.
 
“I already cooked you lunch…so, is that a yes?” he asked anxiously, Kikyo shook her head.
 
“No.” Inuyasha arched his brow.
 
“Then was that a no?” Kikyo laughed again, this time she toyed with her hair as she smiled flirtatiously.
 
“No.” he chuckled and Kikyo bit her bottom lip. “I'm actually… not dating at the moment.” She admitted, Inuyasha smiled and grabbed her hand before kissing it lightly.
 
“I'm glad to hear you're not dating… but I also have to say, I never take no as an answer.” Kikyo smiled and looked at him attentively; she thought his sun bathed eyes were definitely something that she didn't find everywhere, which made him look even handsomer and that killer smile was driving her crazy… but she didn't want to seem desperate.
 
“I guess there's a first time for everything.” Kikyo stood up and grabbed her coat. “I might come back; food here is like a slice of heaven… I have something very nice to write about.”
 
“You're always welcome in here.” She smiled one last time and waved at Inuyasha as she exited the place. “Gosh… beautiful.”
 
Inuyasha couldn't forget her face, he couldn't forget her smile, he couldn't even take away from his thoughts the sound of her sweet voice. Everything about her was fabulous to him. `She is a food critic! Kikyo clearly is interested in food as much as I am; Kikyo… even her name sounds like heaven to me! She is just… so perfect, the only way I could have ever described her.' Inuyasha strolled his way to the kitchen, just to keep on with his reverie about her. He rested his back against the wall and let out a dreamily sigh; to him it was love at first sight. `What about Kagome moron?' his mind suddenly spoke with bitterness. Inuyasha groaned and crossed his arms, only he was able to ruin his own moment of happiness by reminding him what he wanted the most and couldn't have.
 
“She's about to get married.” He repeated to himself, believing it was the only way possible reason he had to keep away from Kagome. “I should… I should start accepting it and take my chances with another person.”
 
“Inuyasha!” he heard his annoying brother yell as he got near to the kitchen, Inuyasha sighed and made a face before he saw Sesshomaru smile widely, he ran towards Inuyasha and hugged him tightly. “I really, really… lov… look; I want to thank you for not being the usual idiot you are and actually helping our restaurant get a good review… that was awesome.”
 
“Whatever Sess.” Inuyasha simply said. “Listen, I'm a bit tired and there's nothing I would like more than to take a break this afternoon… sounds good?”
 
“Of course… not.” Inuyasha frowned and scoffed.
 
“And why the hell not? You're always giving your employees free time and paying them and I'm the only idiot who stays here and work my ass off cooking for the costumers! It's only one day, please Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha begged; Sesshomaru arched his brow as he kept his solemn stare.
 
“Get on your knees and plea.” His older brother replied, Inuyasha chuckled believing it was a cruel joke but Sesshomaru didn't even seem to be playing.
 
“You can't be serious.” Inuyasha mumbled amazed, Sesshomaru nodded.
 
“I'm still waiting.” Sesshomaru said as he tapped his foot impatiently against the floor. His younger brother got on his knees and placed his hands together.
 
“Please Sesshomaru, give me a break.” Inuyasha muttered and Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“Don't ever forget how I made you do this.” His older brother laughed, Inuyasha hit him on the shoulder and took his apron off before throwing it to Sesshomaru.
 
“Say hello to Rin for me.” Inuyasha said and Sesshomaru erased the smile on his face and heard his younger brother laugh.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Everyone was happy in the restaurant; things were finally going as the owners had planned it. Their regular costumers were coming in as usual and they also had new visitors, Sesshomaru had given the credit to Inuyasha although his younger brother knew that everything was thanks to the great review Kikyo wrote about their restaurant. Even though everyone was pleased with everything that was happening lately, there was just one thing that had been bothering the staff of chefs. Kagome and the rest of the crew had been curious the whole week; Inuyasha wasn't acting himself anymore. Kagome knew he wasn't being the man she thought she knew. For the last few days, he had been quiet, pairing her up with someone else and when it came to lunch time he disappeared after naming Sango in charge. `Is not like I miss his stalking self but… he's not Inuyasha… it's like someone replaced him for a cooking robot.' Kagome thought strangely as she mixed slowly the hot steamy blackberry sauce she was preparing, Inuyasha suddenly appeared from behind and turned off the grill and took a spoon of her sauce. Inuyasha stood there motionless for a moment, before nodding and looking at his watch, he smiled brightly and was about to walk away when Kagome grabbed him by his arm.
 
“Are you okay?” She asked worried, he roamed the room with his eyes and nodded certain.
 
“Yeah… why?” Inuyasha looked at her and Kagome sighed, picking her whole hair and then moving it to a side.
 
“I don't know… I'm starting to think I don't know you anymore or maybe I have never really known you but… you're different.” She finally let out, Inuyasha smiled touching lightly her cheek.
 
“Do you miss me, Kagome? Is that it?” Kagome pushed his hand away from her and turned around to avoid him to see her pink tainted cheeks.
 
“As if, Inuyasha… that's what I get for being trying to be nice.” She mumbled and Inuyasha smiled, he looked at his watch again and walked out of the kitchen immediately.
 
Sango, Kagome and Yura watched him through the small kitchen window as he nervously pulled off his apron and waited at a table. Inuyasha tapped his fingers against the wooden material tensely till he saw her coming, a smile was plastered in his face and his eyes were shining with excitement. He immediately stood up, keeping the chair out for her to sit; she was flattered and thanked him as she sat down. Sango looked at her attentively; completely amazed by the fact she looked very familiar. She took at look at Kagome and finally realized what was happening.
 
“So, where did you get a twin in such a short notice?” Sango asked Kagome and she looked at her confused.
 
“Huh?” Kagome managed to let out of her mouth.
 
“Don't play dumb, is too much of a coincidence that the girl Inuyasha is chasing looks exactly like you… she could be your clone!” Sango exclaimed and Kagome scoffed, disbelieving what her coworker had just mentioned.
 
“She is kind of right… Inuyasha must have been dying to find someone like you, after all he wants you so bad but you are forbidden… too bad, he has me and yet he hasn't dared to make a move.” Sango looked at Yura angrily and let out an annoyed sigh before walking away.
 
“Do you really think she looks like me?” Kagome asked Yura, she nodded and Kagome took a more attentive look at the girl.
 
“Of course, take a good look.” Yura patted her back before going back to work.
 
Kagome had to admit their hair color and height was very close, the girl out there might have been just an inch taller than her but their raven tone of her hair was something that was unmistakable and yet there was another girl who seemed to share her unique color. Kagome looked at the brown eyes she carried, looking pretty much like her own chocolate ones and she looked at the way her skin tone shaded and it was a much lighter tone than the one Kagome carried in her body. `She's the reason Inuyasha has been behaving strangely lately… he's in love with her.' Kagome thought and let out a big sigh. `What's with the depressing sigh? I should be happy for him! He's in love with her like I am with Kouga and… it's better for him to get off of me because I wouldn't miss his sweet gestures, his soft kisses on my neck or his strong arms around meI wouldn't miss none of that.' Kagome looked one last time there before shaking her head lightly and walking back to the pots. Inuyasha walked back inside the kitchen with that goofy smile still showing up on his lips.
 
“Okay, we have a lot of things to do… Sango, you work with Kagome; Miroku, you work with me and of course Yura and Hojo you two lovebirds can be together today.” Inuyasha smiled and got his apron back on before looking at the orders; he sighed dreamily and gave on of the papers to each couple. “Once they are done, you know what to do…”
 
Kagome and Sango prepared a complete lunch which included soup, salad, main course and dessert. Kagome had been preparing her sweet sauce for ice cream and thankfully, someone had order it and Inuyasha was placing it on vanilla ice cream. Kagome was proud he used something she prepared without his concern or advice but at the same time she was very worried. `I bet he just forgot… maybe that's the kind of effect love has on him.' She thought vaguely and sighed before placing an egg on a bowl with flour, Kagome was going to prepare crepes with chicken, cheese and mushrooms while Sango was in charge of the carrot cream someone had ordered. Kagome put the chicken and the cheese in a pot, hopping the heath would melt the cheese enough to make it appear like fondue. While the cheese and the chicken were cooking, she poured the raw mixture of crepes and fried it on a pan for a few minutes. Kagome placed the crepe on a plate; she added the melted cheese with chicken and as a final touch the mushrooms. Kagome was going to leave the plate so the waitress would grab it but Inuyasha took it from her hands.
 
“Thanks Kagome, I'm sure it's delicious.” He said and winked at her before taking his apron off like before and walking towards the table where the mysterious girl was sitting.
 
“I'm really happy for him.” Miroku mumbled as he approached the kitchen's window.
 
“Happy? What's to be happy about? She looks like a cheap prostitute… I don't like her at all, the way she wears her makeup and how horrible her skin tone is… she looks like a corpse. I bet she's with him for interest.” Sango said and he shook his head.
 
“You know what? People can actually have relationships that come with happiness don't include lying to their friends… and I believe she's a gorgeous girl, actually she's perfect for him… now if you excuse me I have some other things to prepare.” Miroku said irritated, he slightly pushed Sango and she scoffed.
 
“Whatever.” Sango let out annoyed before walking back to the stove, Kagome looked at the two of them and sighed.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Darling!” Kouga shouted once he heard the apartment's door opening.
 
Kagome could hear the sounds of the TV; she knew Kouga was on the living room. She smiled brightly and closed the door. She slowly took off her shoes, making sure they wouldn't stay in front of the apartment's door. Kagome quietly walked to the couch, she crouched and then jumped over the couch just to land on top of Kouga's lap. He let out an “ouch” and she smiled; he kissed her forehead and turned his eyes back to the TV.
 
“I'm exhausted.” She managed to mumble and Kouga smiled before placing a soft kiss on her lips.
 
“I bet you are… I've never seen someone surprise me that way, I'm sure it was very difficult.” Kagome punched his shoulder lightly. “No, really… you look like a secret agent in a very important mission. An extremely sexy super agent.”
 
“Shut up.” Kagome said and next to him, he enveloped his arm around her shoulders. “It's Friday night… I need to do something very different, something out of the ordinary.”
 
“How about we sleep on the couch?” Kagome laughed and he chuckled. “What do you wanna do?”
 
“I don't know… I feel like dancing.” Kouga rolled his eyes and his fiancé hugged him.
 
“Didn't you just say you were tired?” he said and Kagome begged him.
 
“Oh! Please! It's just this time… never again, I promise.” She said as she kissed his neck a bit he pushed her away slowly.
 
“Gosh Kagome, you know I hate to dance… I have two left feet!” he exclaimed and Kagome laughed again, this time she stopped immediately once she saw his face.
 
“Okay, if you really don't want to do it… we can stay here and watch a movie, my pick.” Kouga stood up and shook his head.
 
“No, I want you to have fun and if you want to go dancing… I think I can let you go, for tonight. Why don't you go with Yuka?” Kagome smiled and hugged him tightly before kissing him deeply.
 
“Thank you! You are the best!” Kagome said and he pulled her closer to him, to kiss her some more, Kagome tried to get free but he kept on kissing her. “Um… honey, I really love you but if you don't let me call Yuka then I won't go.”
 
“Fine…” he let her go but suddenly he pulled Kagome closer to him again and kissed her. “That was the last one.”
 
“Jerk.” She mumbled as she walked towards her room and Kouga laughed.
 
Kagome called Yuka who immediately accepted, Yuka asked Kagome if she could bring some other friends and she didn't mind. Kagome took a quick shower and changed to her clothes. Kagome picked an elegant Capri pant with a white tank top and a long black necklace to match with her stylish dark shoes. Kagome looked at her reflection on the mirror, she frowned when she looked at her hair but in less than 15 minutes she ironed it and then smiled proud at the results. Kagome walked out and Kouga had his jaw on the floor, he watched her long legs and her swinging with every step she took. Her soon to be husband shook his head and stood up as she was walking out of the door.
 
“Hold it right there.” Kouga said and Kagome turned back to look at him. “Do you know how you look?”
 
“Um… yes?” Kagome replied taking a look at her outfit, he took a deep breath.
 
“You look sexy.” Kagome shrugged her shoulders, giving him a careless look. “You're not seriously thinking you can go out like that right?”
 
“Kouga, look at me… do I look as if I wanted to be with someone else?” Kouga remained quiet. “I picked this because I bought it and I haven't wear it once… this is the only time I get to use it… please, don't make this difficult.”
 
“Fine Kagome. Go, just remember that…. I love you.” Kagome smiled and kissed him lightly on his moistened lips.
 
“Thanks.” She said and walked out the door.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Loud music buzzed against their ears and vivid colorful lights surrounded the place as they made their way to the bar. Kagome wanted to dance with her friend but Yuka insisted to get something to drink first, the whole day she had been starving and she was about to drink something when she received Kagome's phone call. Yuka had so little time to get changed that she even forgot about her thirst but now that she was there and saw everyone introducing tons of liquids down their throats Yuka remembered the reason her own throat was feeling so hoarse. As Yuka waited her beloved drink, Kagome looked around the place and found familiar faces.
 
“Sango, Miroku! Over here!” She shouted, hoping they could hear her. Lucky for her Miroku saw her and they walked to her direction.
 
“Hey there, you look fantastic.” Miroku said against her ear before placing an innocent kiss on her cheek.
 
“So where is mister fabulous? The only thing you are proud of.” Sango asked and Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“Let's just say that clubbing isn't his thing. Oh! This is my friend Yuka, she's from Japan.” Kagome said pointing at the woman with short hair beside her. “Yuka, these are my coworkers… Sango and Miroku.”
 
“Hi!” Yuka said out loud as she shot a flirty smile to Miroku, he returned the smile and although it was too dark for him to see, he saw how Yuka had blushed.
 
“Now that we are done with introductions, what are you guys doing here?” Kagome asked intrigued as she took a sip from Yuka's martini.
 
“We came here to have a drink, you know... to get relaxed after work and have a good time between friends.” Miroku said and Kagome nodded. “And what are you doing here?”
 
“I came here to dance of course!” she answered giving Yuka back her drink. “And that reminds me that I really like this song and that I promised Kouga to go home early, c'mon Yuka!”
 
Miroku watched the two girl run towards the dance floor as a toothy grin appeared in his face. Sango grabbed she had been waiting the bartender to give her and drank it, Miroku gently took it from her fingers and took a sip from it, he gave it back and Sango sighed heavily.
 
“Something's bothering you.” She finally let out; he turned his eyes to her for a moment. “Don't you dare to say no, c'mon… spit it.”
 
“What was that at work?” He finally snapped and Sango scoffed before drinking some more of her beer.
 
“You mean…”
 
“You know damn well what I mean!” Miroku said annoyed, a few people turned to look at him so her took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment. “You still love him, don't you?”
 
“I have said it a thousand times… no, Miroku I don't have feelings for Inuyasha anymore.” Miroku felt his heart breaking every time she lied to him, he swallowed hard and nodded.
 
“I need a much stronger drink.” He mumbled and left her alone; she frowned and finished her beer.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Oh, so you two first bring me here against my will and now we have to make a line just to get in? You two are just insane… see you at work tomorrow.” Inuyasha said as he tried to get away from his brother and his girlfriend.
 
“Please! Do it for me!” Rin pleaded as she held him by his arm tightly, Inuyasha sighed taking a good look at the starry night and then looking back at the door where two men were standing as if they were guarding a bank.
 
“Do I really have to?” He asked and tried to listen to the music humming lowly while Rin made her best effort to convince him. “Fine… but if we don't get inside in less than five minutes I'm just going to…”
 
“Rin!” Someone shouted and the young girl turned to see who had called her, she smiled and shrieked excited.
 
“Oh my god! Kohaku! It's been ages!” She said as she hugged the gorgeous boy.
 
Rin was the envy of all the other girls making the line; Kohaku was a tall man with perfectly arranged black hair. His features made him look as a very innocent teenager but he was very far from it. Sesshomaru was also jealous, looking at that brat hugging so tightly his girlfriend. He cleared his throat hoping Rin would get the hint but she kept her arms around the boy, Inuyasha rolled his eyes and tapped Rin's shoulder.
 
“Sorry, Kohaku this is my boyfriend Sess and his brother Inuyasha.” Kohaku took a close look at Inuyasha and arched his brow.
 
“Haven't I seen you before?” he asked, Inuyasha thought for a minute and immediately shook his head.
 
“Not that I recall.” Inuyasha answered after noticing that in fact they had met before. Kohaku glared at Sesshomaru and gave him a fake smile.
 
“So this is your new boyfriend?” he asked and shook Sesshomaru's hand.
 
“Yeah, I've been dating him for about a week or two… well, what are you doing here?” Rin asked, quickly changing the topic before the situation turned even more uncomfortable.
 
“I own this place and I saw you here and I thought that maybe you would like to go inside instead of freezing your ass out here… you and your friends can come in, my treat.” Rin smiled widely and hugged Kohaku again.
 
“Thanks! I can't believe my luck… I'll see you inside, okay?” Kohaku nodded as he made a sign to his guards to let the three of them in.
 
Inuyasha had to cover his sensible ears when he first heard the kind of music people were actually dancing, for him it was like when the dentist used his tools and someone had recorded that and called it music. He couldn't believe Sesshomaru had agreed to come here, he knew he was desperate to be with Rin but he never knew he was very desperate. `I always knew she was special to him… I just didn't know she could be able to take him out to dance, damn I wish I brought a video camera.' Inuyasha thought upset as he walked towards the bar, if he was going to be there the whole night at least he could get wasted. He ordered the bartender to give him scotch on the rocks and waited till he prepared his drink, in the meanwhile Inuyasha noticed another frustrated drinker.
 
“And why are you here?” Inuyasha asked Miroku before sitting next to him, Miroku grunted irritated by his coworker presence; the last person he wanted to see was now sitting next to him, apparently someone up in the skies just hated him.
 
“I came here to have a drink… with the girls.” Miroku pointed at Kagome, Yuka and Sango.
 
`Beautiful.' He managed to think, it was as if someone had hypnotized him. `Kouga is surely dazzled by the way she looks today.' Inuyasha thought bitterly, he looked at Kagome with his bright golden orbs and sighed before grabbing the drink that had been laying on the bartender's hand for a while; he drank a bit and settled it on the bar. `Kikyo is very pretty but she's not like her… damn, I can't believe I'm doing this… Kagome and I can't be together so why do I keep pushing this? I need to know her opinion… I need to know what she feels about me dating someone else.' Inuyasha sighed and finished his drink before grabbing Miroku by his arm.
 
“What are you doing?” Miroku asked him as he was dragged to the dance floor.
 
“Look, I need an excuse to dance with her and you are here so you can get the other girls distracted… help me, please.” Miroku stopped and arched his brow before nodding and walking towards the girls.
 
“We have to talk.” Inuyasha said as he pulled Kagome towards him and grabbed her by the arms.
 
“What are you doing here?” she asked amazed and he groaned.
 
“Why does everyone ask me that?” Inuyasha said annoyed and she looked at him seriously. “Okay, it's about Kikyo.”
 
“Kikyo?” Kagome said confused as he grabbed her hand and made her twirl once, he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly for moment. “Who is she?”
 
“Well… she's… the girl I've been seeing.” Kagome nodded before he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer to him, he leaned his head against her shoulder. “Do you… like her?”
 
“Why?” Kagome asked confused and Inuyasha sighed.
 
“Is just that… I want to know if you like her.” Kagome looked at him more confused than ever. “Your opinion matters a lot to me and… if you don't like her well…”
 
“Inuyasha?” he looked at her with a smile across his lips. “What do you really want?”
 
“Kagome, I have such strong feelings towards you… I don't know if I really love you or if I'm obsessed with you. I just know that I want you in my life… if I can't have you, you can be my friend.” Kagome sighed with a smile on her lips, she placed her hands on his cheeks and wanted to give him a kiss but then she felt someone tap her shoulder.
 
“Yuka wants to talk to you… she is crying in the bathroom and Miroku is with her.” Kagome sighed frustrated and let him go, Inuyasha was about to walk away when he felt Sango's hands around his neck.
 
“You can dance with me.” She suggested as her hips were already swaying at the rhythm of the music.
 
“I think we should stop…” Inuyasha said and she looked at him angry. “I'm sorry Sango… I just…”
 
“What? Is it because I'm not feminine like her?” Inuyasha sighed and shook his head lightly, the lights of the place slightly touching his face and hers.
 
“When we were dating, I told you that it had nothing to do with it… Sango, this is what bugs me about you. You are very jealous and everything I say you take it as an insult, I don't need someone that acts like a beauty pageant girl… I just want someone who understands me.”
 
“So why the nicknames? Why do you treat me worst than the leftovers we throw to the trash?” Sango inquired with some anger in her tone; she stopped dancing and stared at his eyes.
 
“Because another person loves you! I don't want him to suffer because you still have feelings for me!” Inuyasha let out and her expression softened.
 
“You know about Miroku?” Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Anyone who is aware of what happens in our kitchen knows about the two of you… he clearly loves you Sango.” She turned around and crossed her arms.
 
“I don't….” Sango said as she grabbed him by his head and crashed his lips on his, she kissed him as if her life was depending on it but Inuyasha pushed her apart.
 
“What did you just do?” He asked as he cleaned his mouth, someone tapped his shoulder and soon a furious punch from Miroku met his face.