InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ mess ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshomaru was having a great time dancing with Rin, although he was too old like to dance that kind of crazy music but just to be with her tonight he was capable of doing anything. Finally, he got tired and asked Rin for a break. She nodded a bit annoyed but since Sesshomaru had done such a big sacrifice to please her, Rin might as well do the same for him. It was a mystery to Sesshomaru how Rin liked to go dancing when she didn't have age to enter such places but he didn't want to bother her by inquiring everything she did so he just asked for a cold beer and for a bottle of water for Rin. She smiled at him when he kindly gave her the bottle and he immediately gave her a chaste kiss on her cheek. Rin kept the smile she had brought to her lips although she was broken on the inside. `It's been a long time… when the heck is he planning to kiss me?' Her inside yelled and her outside let out a heavy sigh.
 
“Hey there cutie, having a good time?” Kohaku asked sitting next to Rin, she giggled as she nodded.
 
“Yeah, I didn't know you have bought this place… how did you do it?” Rin asked intrigued and he gave her a flirtatious smile with a few chuckles.
 
“It's not just my club, some of my friends and I agreed to split the bills… it's a great business… and I get to see beautiful girls like you.” Rin blushed a bit before looking back at Sesshomaru who had a killer look.
 
“Well, I bet there are even better looking girls here… why don't you look for them while I dance with my boyfriend?” Kohaku nodded displeased as he watched Rin pull Sesshomaru to the dance floor.
 
Sesshomaru pointed at Kohaku as a sign to let him know that he would be aware of all his moves. Rin danced delighted and her boyfriend tried to follow her pace but he was too jealous at that brat, that annoying kid named Kohaku who had been flirting with her since the moment he set his eyes on her. `Who the heck does he think he is? Flirting with Rin like that while I'm with her… when she's not around I'm going to kill him.' Sesshomaru thought with determination. Rin noticed some malice in his look, watching always at the bar and she finally gave up.
 
“Stop it; people are going to think you're in love with him.” She joked; Sesshomaru arched his brow and took his eyes away from Kohaku. “Okay, what's the problem?”
 
He's the problem… damn kid.” He mumbled to himself, Rin sighed.
 
“He's my ex boyfriend, what did you expect?” Rin let out and he looked at her dazed.
 
“You dated that ass?” Rin looked at him offended. “Seriously, I thought you could do better than that idiot.”
 
“I'm proud to tell you that he is the most romantic guy I've ever met and he is also a successful model.” Rin took a deep breath. “He was the first man I ever dated, my first kiss and… many other things.” Rin said and looked away, some embarrassment in her eyes.
 
“Like what?” Sesshomaru inquired and she sighed.
 
“I'm not comfortable saying this to you… anyways, it doesn't matter because we are still good friends but he is not the man I love.” Sesshomaru let a small smile curve his lips and she kissed him lovingly.
 
“Wow.” Sesshomaru muttered once Rin pulled apart, she smiled delighted and blushed before moving closer to his embrace.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Miroku!” Sango yelled as she saw Inuyasha fall to the ground, at the loud thud of his body bumping against the ground the crowd turned to see what was happening.
 
“Don't say a thing Sango! This isn't your business!” Miroku screamed and watched Inuyasha getting up; he simply made his neck crack and turned around to walk away. “Come here Takashi! I'm ready to fight you for her!”
 
“I'm not interested in her!” Inuyasha let out frustrated and let out a heavy sigh.
 
“You fucker! You dare to kiss my girlfriend and yet you say you're not interested in her?” He let out ferociously and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“I'm gonna leave before you lose your job.” Inuyasha turned around and kept on walking. Miroku, who was still fuming in anger, strolled towards him with the intention of hitting him again but this time Inuyasha caught his fist.
 
“Fight me you idiot! I have to prove that I'm better than you!” Miroku said furiously as he tried to get his hand free from Inuyasha's tight grip.
 
“I'm not going to fight you Miroku, Sango is not my type and she kissed me… if you have anything to say to me, do it after you ask her for some explanations.”
 
Inuyasha pushed him away from him and walked towards the bar to ask for something that would relax him. After the whole riot, the crowd let out a frustrated grunt for missing a fight as they kept on dancing. Sango glanced at Miroku as her hands rested on her hips; he was too embarrassed like to watch him in her obscure orbs and to talk to her. Miroku closed his eyes and shook his head lightly with the intention of going out of the club but Sango grabbed him by the arm and pulled him through the swarm of people in the dance floor towards the quiet ladies bathroom.
 
“I told you that we shouldn't tell anyone.” Sango started, Miroku looked at her with disbelief as he felt his heart crack.
 
“Don't you realize what just happened? I sacrificed my job because I thought he wanted to steal you… Sango, you clearly love Inuyasha.” She sighed and turned around to face the wall.
 
“And what if I do?” Sango daringly said as her eyes directed to his, Miroku clenched his fists in anger and shook his head.
 
“Nothing… nothing is going to happen, not when it comes to us.” Sango looked at him guilty.
 
“Miroku…”
 
“No,” He interrupted her before Sango's words could hurt him even more. “We… I should move on, I should have known this was a lost cause. I have to go.” Miroku mumbled before going out of the bathroom.
 
Sango aggravated walked towards the bathroom sink, feeling a bit sick but she turned her eyes to the mirror before hitting her palms over her reflection and starting crying. `What is wrong with me? Why are my eyes leaking? I don't feel sad… I can't feel sad…' She tried to convince herself but it was too late to try to do something, she had been responsible for breaking her own heart.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Watching him so alone, so quiet and yet so handsome sitting in a corner; it made Kagome think about his previous words. `I guess I'm glad he's moving on… Inuyasha finally accepted the fact that I'm not available but… does it have something to do that Kikyo looks exactly like me?' She couldn't help but to question, was he looking for a new start or was he looking for an alternative? `It's not like I'm not happy for him but I do think it's a bit suspicious.' Without even noticing, Kagome had stopped dancing and just kept a deep glare towards the bar. Yuka looked at her worried and snapped her fingers before her, Kagome immediately reacted and smiled ashamed and started moving her body again.
 
“Are you even listening to me?” Yuka said against her ear, Kagome nodded. “What was I saying?”
 
“Um… something about Miroku.” Yuka looked at her with some disappointment and Kagome sighed.
 
“Okay, sorry… keep going.” Kagome mumbled and Yuka smiled.
 
“Do you think I'll look like a complete slut if I go and ask him out to dance?” her friend asked with some nervousness in her tone, Kagome shook her head with a smile on her face.
 
“No, you'll look like a girl who knows what she wants…” Kagome let out and took her eyes towards the bar in time to watch Inuyasha's eyes on her. “I'm thirsty, I'll be right back.”
 
Kagome walked sensually to him, she sat next to Inuyasha before crossing her long legs and asking for a bottle of water to the bartender. He, with his eyes almost popping out of his head, couldn't even blink when he saw her so sexily come to his direction. Inuyasha looked up at the bright lights of the club cursing whoever was in the skies and who was punishing him that horrible way. `She's my match and she's a step away from marrying… nothing can be worst than this, thank you karma.' He thought believing he would soon start crying but instead he felt Kagome silk hands over his hand.
 
“So where's Sango?” she asked intrigued, Inuyasha shook his head and grunted.
 
“At home.” Inuyasha said before taking a big sip of his drink. “So… I thought you came here to dance.”
 
“Of course… but I also need some liquids, don't you think?” He nodded as a soft smile curved his lips; Inuyasha slowly grabbed her hand and moved closer to him.
 
“Yes, right… I wouldn't want you dehydrated.” Inuyasha murmured, Kagome looked at his golden orbs.
 
For a moment, both of them heard nothing. Inuyasha just like Kagome was too focused to look at something else, Kagome felt her heart pounding so fast she thought it was about to explode, her hands were sweating and her stomach was making crazy twists that were made her think she would throw up. All that electrifying magic and they were just holding hands, Kagome's cheeks turned red and she took her eyes off of him; Inuyasha, delighted by her shyness let out his bright smile to the light and stood up to take her out to dance. Kagome took a deep breath as she felt Inuyasha's hands on her hips, she tried to dance as if nothing was wrong but she was too nervous.
 
“I knew you were familiar to me! Inuyasha!” Kohaku said pulling him away from Kagome and messing his hair, Inuyasha pushed him and arranged his silvery hair.
 
“I don't think I know you.” Inuyasha said, having a feeling that he really did.
 
“Yes you do, you dated my sister Sango…” Inuyasha wanted to hit him for letting out that but before anything he felt Kagome's hand on his shoulder.
 
“You dated her?” Kagome said a bit shocked. “I thought you hated her.”
 
“Well… you see…”
 
“You? Hate my sister? Impossible! After she broke up with you like a year ago you still called her.” Kohaku interrupted and Kagome looked at him surprised.
 
“Wow… and let me guess, you paired her up with you too? You made her taste all your delicious plates and told her how pretty she is?” Inuyasha opened his mouth but before any real words left his mouth she interrupted him. “You know what? I don't need to know… it's really none of my business anyways, I'll see you tomorrow at work.”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Tonight is karaoke night!” Sesshomaru declared to his employees, asking for a meeting was something new for Sesshomaru since he never had problems with them but about a week ago things started to get ugly.
 
First, Yura had broken up with Hojo leaving him very devastated and her, flirting with Inuyasha at every moment she thought appropriate. Hojo was very mad at that but he couldn't do a thing because she had broken up with him. Miroku wasn't talking to anyone, not Kagome, Hojo or Yura. After what happened at the club he didn't thought that he needed some fake friends to help him get over that problem. Sango tried to pretend everything was normal but her heart was heavy with grief and regret that most of the things she cooked she ended them with a broken heart shaped vegetable or fruit according to the flavor of it. Kagome saw Kikyo coming everyday and watched her go out with Inuyasha, they only thing she was able to think was that she felt pity for Kikyo because Inuyasha was just using to replace her… or at least that was what she liked to think. As to Inuyasha, ignoring Sango was hard because meeting up with Kohaku that night had made him remember some stuff from the past, like how wrecked he was when he first broke up with Sango and how angry he was when he saw Miroku flirting and bringing her to work. Inuyasha was finally able to forget her when he accepted that Miroku was the man for her but then found out about Sango's feelings. To sum up everything in a word, disaster. That was what was filling Sesshomaru's and Inuyasha's perfect restaurant.
 
Sesshomaru got the great idea to have the chefs take a rest from their hard working shifts and make them try something different, like karaoke. It was actually Rin's idea and thought that everyone would love it but once she took a look at the cooks faces she knew she was wrong.
 
“C'mon guys! It'll be fun!” Rin told them excitedly and saw their eyes filled with annoyance. “Sess said that if we do this you'll go home early.”
 
Everyone agreed, knowing they didn't have a choice. Rin looked at Sess and he looked at her horrified after the huge lie she had just said.
 
“Oh, there's one more thing…” The chefs turned to look back at Sesshomaru. “You'll be singing for a crowd, our usual customers and I'll be serving drinks.”
 
“You turned my restaurant into a bar?” Inuyasha asked dismayingly and his older brother nodded.
 
“Don't worry; it'll be only for tonight… you better start making gargles so your voice doesn't crack.” Sesshomaru said walking towards his office.
 
“You'll pay for this!” Inuyasha warned him as Sesshomaru laughed.
 
“Let the fun begin.” The oldest brother mumbled and let out a small smile break his cold image.
 
Everyone inside was listening to Rin rehearse, listening to her wonderful voice was soothing and helped them think less about how bad they were at singing. Finally, Rin said her goodbye and walked towards the small stage Sesshomaru had made install just for her, she looked at the crowd and smiled.
 
“Hi guys… I bet you're all here to listen to good music or maybe just here for the drinks.” Rin laughed nervously and cleared her throat. “Anyways, I'm not gonna sing for you tonight but I have some people that do want like, amateurs that want to let everyone know what they think or feel like… um… Inuyasha!”
 
“What?” He said and felt someone push him to the stage, he looked back and saw his coworkers grin delighted as he frowned and took the microphone to replace his scowl with a smile.
 
“Um… hey… so… I'll sing something… I guess you should like it.” Inuyasha said as he gulped hardly.
 
As soon as his mouth opened Inuyasha ran out of the restaurant almost invisible for the eyes of the crowd. Rin climbed to the stage and sighed heavily before letting out another anxious set of giggles.
 
“Okay, I think now it's my turn… it's an oldie but I believe we all know the lyrics to this song… I love rock and roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.”
 
I saw him dancin' there by the record machine
I knew he must a been about seventeen
The beat was goin' strong
Playin' my favorite song
An' I could tell it wouldn't be long
Till he was with me, yeah me, singin'
I love rock n' roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock n' roll
So come an' take your time an' dance with me
Rin smiled at the crowd at they clapped at her fantastic beginning and the way she was able to dominate the song. Rin pushed her hair behind her ear before she kept on singing and entertaining people.
He smiled so I got up and' asked for his name
That don't matter, he said,
'Cause it's all the same
Said can I take you home where we can be alone
An' next we were movin' on
He was with me, yeah me
Next we were movin' on
He was with me, yeah me, singin'
 
Rin heard the guitar solo and tried to imagine herself alone, as if she was only singing in her room like she always tried to picture so she could shove away the stage panic. Finally, the solo ended and it was time for her to let the multitude listen to the end of the song.
 
Said can I take you home where we can be alone
An we'll be movin' on
An' singin' that same old song
Yeah with me, singin'
I love rock n' roll
So put another dime in the jukebox, baby
I love rock n' roll
So come an' take your time an' dance with me
 
The people in the restaurant clapped and Rin saw someone standing up between the tables and saw Kohaku with a huge flower bouquet laying in his arms. Rin smiled widely as she got off of stage and ran towards Kohaku to give him his well earned hug before grabbing the precious flowers he had brought along. Sesshomaru unconsciously let out a furious groan and walked towards them.
 
“Oh, Kohaku… how nice to see you, did you like MY girlfriend's performance?” Sesshomaru asked as Rin sniffed the wonderful essence of the pink roses.
 
“Of course grandpa… you were perfect up there Rin.” Kohaku complimented and Rin blushed.
 
“I have to agree.” A woman said and Sesshomaru felt like fainting, Kagura walked inside his restaurant. “Wow, looks like you have some competition.”
 
“What are you doing here?” Sesshomaru hissed and Rin looked at the ruby eyed vixen in front of her.
 
“Sess, who is she?” Rin mumbled and Kagura turned her eyes towards her with a malicious grin plastered on her face.
 
“Oh, she even has a nickname for you… hi, I'm Kagura his wife…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I hope anyone reads this chapter at this time of night… I think I should make Inuyasha sing, add some spice and fun to this story… lol review please!!! =)