InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ power of music ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Oh, so you're married.” Rin said a bit awkward, she constantly stared at the woman with scarlet eyes beside her.
 
“I'm not married, at least not anymore… I divorced her.” Sesshomaru hissed with some embarrassment in his tone, he tried to grab Rin's hand but she pulled away and folded her arms.
 
“But you never mention her, now I can see why… she truly isn't something to be proud of.” Rin spoke and Kagura faced the girl.
 
“Excuse me? Did you just…?”
 
“Oh, you heard me… why don't you walk back to the farmhouse you came from and keep on snorting… I bet the piggies miss you.” Kagura stood there with her jaw on the floor as Rin walked away proudly, pulling Sesshomaru with her.
 
“This… this is war.” Kagura declared before walking out of the restaurant.
 
Sesshomaru was still white in shock, he had never heard someone insult Kagura that way and yet just walk away from her as if nothing had happened. He had to admit that even though she was very young she sure knew how to stand up for herself instead of waiting for her knight in shinny armor. `I bet she learned to do it when she dated that sissy of Kohaku.' Sesshomaru laughed in his insides and Rin pushed him inside his office and closed the door behind her.
 
“Why?” Rin started as she placed her hands on her hips and a huge frown on her face.
 
“Why what?” he asked pretending amnesia, Rin walked up to him and looked directly at his eyes.
 
“I need to hear the truth, why didn't you tell me about her?” she asked as her voice softened with every word that left her mouth.
 
“Kagura… she was the love of my life. I met her when I went to buy some paintings for my office, I used to work at a big corporation and I had tons of money…” Rin grabbed his hand and he let a small smile show up. “The moment I set my eyes on Kagura, my whole world changed. I dated her for about half a year and then we married, we were very happy…”
 
“You really loved her?” Rin asked a bit jealous about the past, Sesshomaru nodded very sure of his thoughts.
 
“And I thought nothing could break us apart but my demanding work made me push her away every time further and further and finally, I caught her with another man. I don't blame her, it was my fault so we had a big argument and that's when she broke my heart asking me for divorce.” Sesshomaru took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh. “So now you know the reason I didn't tell you about her.”
 
“Sess…” Rin said as she hugged him strongly. “It's okay to be vulnerable; she was stupid to let you go.”
 
“I'd like to think so.” He mumbled as he pulled away from her embrace.
 
“Do you… want to be alone?” She asked although she wanted to be with her boyfriend.
 
“No, I'm fine… why don't we go out and hear them sing? I can't wait to hear Inuyasha's terrible skills.” Rin laughed as Sesshomaru grabbed her hand and pulled her out of his office.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Inuyasha sat on the restaurant's sidewalk, he had watched Kagura walk in and he had watched her walk out. He looked at the starry night above him and smiled at the bright moon that barely liked to show around, Inuyasha took a deep breath of the fresh air of the night. He looked back inside to watch Sesshomaru sit with Rin to enjoy the spectacle his coworkers were trying to do. Inuyasha glared at the window as Kagome walked up to the stage, he looked at her and felt his breath lacking. He smiled and looked at her as she took the microphone, Inuyasha walked inside the restaurant thinking it was something he couldn't miss.
 
“So now that Rin has delighted us with her voice, I thought that maybe I could sing something too… although I'm not quite a singer, okay…” Kagome cleared her throat and waited for the music to start.
 
I'm not the sort of person who falls in and quickly out of love
But to you I gave my affection right from the start
I have a lover who loves me, how could I break such a heart
Yet still you get my attention
Although she wasn't the great singer Rin was, Kagome had everyone silent so they could hear her voice. For a second, Inuyasha heard the lyrics and looked at her eyes directed at him. `Could she be…?' he shook his head, dispersing any thought that could lead him to destroy his own heart.

Why do you come here when you know I've got troubles enough
Why do you call me when you know I can't answer the phone
Make me lie and I don't want to
And make someone else some kind of unknowing fool
You make me stay when I should not
Are you so strong or is all the weakness in me
Why do you come here and pretend to be just passing by
But I mean to see you
And I mean to hold you, tightly
 
Inuyasha and Kagome had their looks locked on each other, for some reason or another Kagome had picked that song without a real reason. `Why can't I keep my eyes off of you Inuyasha? Why is it so hard?' Kagome thought before breathing and closing her eyes for a short moment.

Feeling guilty, worried, waking from tormented sleep
This old love has me bound but the new love cuts deep
If I choose now, I'll lose out, one of you has to fall
And I need you, and you
 
Never in her life Kagome had been so confused, for her, had nothing hurt more than knowing what Inuyasha did to Sango. `I shouldn't feel this way, he's not my boyfriend... and I don't love him.' Kagome convinced herself before glaring at his gorgeous golden orbs once again; Inuyasha stared at her with such desire as she finally finished the song.

Why do you come here when you know I've got troubles enough
Why do you call me when you know I can't answer the phone
Make me lie and I don't want to
And make someone else some kind of unknowing fool
You make me stay when I should not
Are you so strong or is all the weakness in me
Why do you come here and pretend to be just passing by
But I mean to see you
And I mean to hold you, tightly
 
Kagome finished her song and although the people clapped joyfully for the way she had delivered it. She smiled and hurriedly walked down of the stage before directing to the ladies room, Inuyasha stood up and pretended to walk to the kitchen but soon went towards the bathroom and locked the door so they could have some time together. The sound of other voices singing completed the place as he went to search for her. Inuyasha didn't see her; he was worried how she could suddenly vanish so he checked each lavatory until he saw her feet.
 
“I think we need to talk.” Inuyasha started as he tried to push open the door but it was locked.
 
“Get out, this is the ladies bathroom.” Kagome said stubbornly and he sighed before leaning his back against the door.
 
“I'm not going anywhere until we clear up what happened out there.” He finally said and she crossed her arms above her chest.
 
“It was nothing Inuyasha; I don't know what you're talking about.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes and passed his fingers through his hair.
 
“Kagome, you can keep denying it or we can just clear it up and just forget it ever happened.” The door immediately opened and he fell on her lap, Kagome blushed and pushed him off her lap. “Ouch.”
 
“Sorry, okay… I want to know why you kept your eyes on me.” Inuyasha arched his brow taken off guard.
 
“I kept my eyes on you? I was practically your eye candy Kagome! It was you who started everything!” Kagome scoffed before giggling a bit.
 
“Yeah right, as if I would look at you when I'm committed.” Inuyasha chuckled with disbelief.
 
“It's amazing how many times you can play that card and never get tired of it.” Inuyasha said and she looked at him offended.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know that an engagement ring was such a lame excuse… I'll think of a better one while I jump off a cliff.” Kagome said with a mocking smile before walking towards the door, Inuyasha grabbed her hand.
 
“Alright, stop. That didn't come out as I planned it, look… I really like you Kagome, if it was up to me we would be dating since the moment I saw you at my kitchen.” She blushed quickly but turned around to avoid his eyes noticing her redness.
 
“But it's not up to you Inuyasha, because if it was up to me I would too…” Kagome decided it was better to stop there.
 
“What? Please… say it.” Inuyasha mumbled lowly and she shook her head and sighed.
 
“Nothing, I wasn't thinking clearly. Listen, Inuyasha as much as you hate it when I say it… I'm not available.” Kagome said before looking at him again, he nodded in agreement.
 
“Yeah, I'm aware.” Inuyasha mumbled bitterly, “I should get out of here. I'll see you… tomorrow.”
 
“Tomorrow…” Kagome echoed with some sorrow in her voice.
 
They stared at each other for a moment, each waiting for the other to say something… anything that could make them talk again so they wouldn't be left alone. Inuyasha let out a deep sigh as he strolled away from her, the moment he walked out of the bathroom he crashed with his other raven haired beauty. Her eyes brightened the moment he appeared before her and Kikyo immediately plastered a sweet smile on her cherry red lips.
 
“I've been looking for you.” Kikyo said while placing her arms around his neck, he gulped hair and half smiled at her.
 
“Really? And why is that?” she shrugged her shoulders for a brief moment and then pursed her lips together.
 
“Because… I thought that maybe you would like to know that I started to date someone.” Inuyasha's smile vanished and blinked a few times.
 
“So… you came to let me know it?” Kikyo nodded and pushed him against the wall before kissing him tenderly, she passed her fingers through his scalp and right away Inuyasha placed his hands on her hips.
 
“And to take you out of this place… after all, that's what people do when they are dating.” Kikyo said as she took in some air and pulled away from him, Inuyasha looked at her deep chocolate brown eyes before mumbling one single word.
 
“Wow.” The girl before him smiled delighted as she blushed, Inuyasha shook his head to bring himself back to earth.
 
“So… what do you say?” Kikyo said and Inuyasha's eyes for a moment turn to watch at the bathroom door, it was still closed and he sighed before enlacing his hand with hers.
 
“Only if I pick where to go.” Inuyasha gave her a small peck on her cheek before walking out with Kikyo.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome waited in the airport as she watched the screen of arrivals, the only friend she had outside Japan had left a few days ago without any notice. Kagome was mad but she couldn't blame her, it wasn't like she was there for her at every minute of the day. Kagome would lazily get up at noon and work till midnight so that left her no time for calls. She finally saw her flight appear on the screen and smiled before walking to the gate it showed. Kagome anxiously waited for Ayame to get out of the plane and finally, she saw her friend. Kagome had to admit she was different from what she remembered, the Ayame she met was a brunette and the girl standing before her had a very bright shade of red, kind of orange in fact.
 
“You silly girl! This is how you receive me after not seeing me for days?” Ayame said impatiently to get a hug from Kagome, she ran towards her and granted what she needed.
 
“I missed you, wow… now that is something I would have never expected.” Kagome commented before pulling away from her, Ayame smiled as she took a strand of her reddish hair.
 
“Well, I got tired again of my stupid natural brown color… I thought it was time for another change.” Kagome nodded unsure and helped her with her heavy bags. “Thanks, those things were killing me… so where's my imbecile for a cousin? I thought he would come… I mean, I go to Japan to check on him and he's already here.”
 
“Stop it; he's my boyfriend after all… Kouga really wanted to come but he had a very important meeting this morning.” Ayame arched her brow surprised.
 
“On Sunday?” Kagome nodded and giggled. “Okay, he better run when I see him for picking his job before his cousin who, by the way, introduced him to his future wife… you know, it's hard to be such a nice girl… I could have set you up with someone better.”
 
“Believe me, I'm alright with him.” Kagome said as she laughed and the girls walked towards Kagome's car.
 
Kagome drove calmly to Ayame's apartment; she didn't live far from her place. Ayame was nearly 5 minutes away from them and Kagome couldn't be happier, she had lived there once too and whenever she felt like wanting a girl's night she could just walk towards to Ayame's apartment. More than Kouga's cousin, Ayame was almost his sister. They grew up together since his mother had adopted her after her mother deceased while giving birth, Ayame felt of her aunt as her own mother and now that Kagome was marrying Kouga she felt of her like the sister she always wanted and that Kouga never wanted to be. Finally they settled the bags on her apartment and Ayame ran towards her bed and threw herself over the mattress.
 
“Home, sweet home.” She mumbled as she hugged her pillow, Kagome sat right next to her.
 
“It was only a week, not a century.” Ayame got up and nodded as she walked to the bathroom.
 
“Yeah, but I do miss all of my pretty stuff… like all my good friends.” Ayame said opening the drawer on her night table and pulling out a bunch of books. “Mommy missed you guys.”
 
“I don't know how you are able to read all of those books in less than a week.” Ayame shrugged her shoulders.
 
“Maybe some help I had from those speech contests I had in high school, they helped me get a deeper connection with my babies.” Ayame hugged her books and Kagome rolled her eyes and stood up.
 
“How about you come to the new restaurant I'm working at? It's cool and you'll taste some of my delightful plates.” Ayame smiled and grabbed her reading glasses from her purse.
 
“Only if I can yell at your boyfriend while we are there.” Ayame pleaded as Kagome laughed, she made her way to the door. “I'll take that as a yes!”
 
 
 
A/N: the song Kagome sings it's called `The weakness in me' by Joan Armatrading, it's kind of a very cheesy song but I really like the lyrics… in case you are interested in the song. Anyways, I know it's taking me longer to update but it's a matter of time… I have this whole week free and that's the only reason this crazy girl is up at this hour. Hopefully you can enjoy it by tomorrow and maybe (NOT A PROMISE) I'll be able to update by Wednesday till then, how about some reviews? Lol =)