InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ you can't have it ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Have you lost your fucking mind? What the hell were you thinking when you said `yes'?” Inuyasha asked to his demented brother.
 
Sesshomaru had been patiently waiting for his brother's arrival; he needed Inuyasha to know about Kagura's ploys and told him that he had some plans too. After mentioning that he would be going out with his crazy ex wife, Inuyasha simply lost it. For a few minutes he seemed to have fainted, his body wasn't responding and his eyes had widened too much that they resembled a pair of plates. When his brain had finally processed the information Sesshomaru had told him, he immediately got up and started yelling at his brother. Sesshomaru stared at him with indifference and sighed heavily before sitting on his black leather chair.
 
“Unless I figure out what she is planning, our restaurant would be in great danger and after the many sacrifices we've done to keep that place alive… do you really want it all to go down the toilet?” Inuyasha furiously shook his head and Sesshomaru flashed him a small smile.
 
“What about Rin?” His younger brother asked and Sesshomaru froze. “You did think about her while you accepted your date with the devil, right?”
 
“Not really.” Sesshomaru mumbled embarrassed. “But how bad could it be if I just don't tell her about it? It's just a date and besides I'm only going out with her for pure revenge… no romantic emotions attached.”
 
“Keep telling that to yourself, not me.” Inuyasha replied as he walked towards the kitchen, Sesshomaru followed him closely.
 
“Do you really think it's not a good idea?” Sesshomaru asked unsure, Inuyasha looked back at him with a cold expression printed on his face.
 
“Of course I think it's a bad idea, in fact I think it's the worst idea you ever thought about.” Sesshomaru sighed heavily and Inuyasha placed his eyes on his older brother. “Try not to screw it up with Rin; she's the only girl that actually likes you and… I wouldn't like to see her hurt.”
 
“Why do you think I'll end up ruining everything?” Sesshomaru asked again and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Because when you have such a stupid plan like that everything seems to be going down hill.” Inuyasha nearly yelled.
 
“Everything is going to be okay and to make sure Rin won't hate me, I will tell her that I'm going out with Kagura tonight and she is going to be very comprehensive.”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Are you serious?” Rin asked once Sesshomaru told her about his great plan. “Of course not! I'm not going to sit down and watch you walk out with your completely insane and bitch former wife.”
 
“It's not like I really want to go out with her, I'm just trying to take advantage of the situation… please Rin; you have to understand me.”
 
Rin stared at him doubtfully, Sesshomaru was planning on tell her that night when she came to sing and he would just ran out the door to meet Kagura. If things went back, Sesshomaru could beg her to forgive him and living in his stupid fantasy world Rin would simply smile and nod. When she showed up to meet him as a surprise for lunch, Sesshomaru nearly fell off of his chair. Sesshomaru quickly spilled out his idea and just like Inuyasha predicted, she didn't like it at all.
 
“What if I told you that I had to sleep with Kohaku to gain a million dollars?” Rin asked, Sesshomaru's blood boiled and gathered some air before answering her.
 
“I don't know… that won't ever come true, right?” he asked as he tried not to let his anger show up, Rin shrugged her shoulders.
 
“If I needed the money, Kohaku is always willing to accept me… who knows? Maybe I can ask him if he can help me to rent an apartment…” She said as she crossed her arms across her chest, Sesshomaru slapped his arms against his desk.
 
“You're not going to do that!” Rin smiled proudly.
 
“See my point?” Sesshomaru fell straight on her trap and tried to remain calmed. “I know it's a very drastic example but… I know you would feel the same way if I told you I had to go out with my ex boyfriend.”
 
“Is that a yes?” He asked and Rin looked at him horrified before slapping his cheek gently.
 
“No! Are you even listening to me?” She asked and Sesshomaru nodded. “Okay Sess, let's put it this way… you go out with your ex and I'll go out with mine, deal?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at her with disbelief, he thought she would soon laugh and told him she was just fooling around but Rin held a serious stare that meant that she wasn't going to take back her words. Rin was still waiting for him to chicken out and tell her that he wouldn't be going out with that woman. `She looks so old… why on earth did he even married her? And why would he date her in the first place? She cheated! She lied! And now he's going out with her? It's like she's forgiving her after everything she did to him! But I know how much he hates Kohaku and Sesshomaru has to be crazy if…'
 
“Deal.” Sesshomaru finally said as he pulled her out of her thoughts. He offered her his hand to close their agreement, Rin was about to shake it when he pulled his hand away. “But you have to be at the same restaurant I'll be going and nothing can get further from a handshake.”
 
“Sess..” Rin said in a warning voice and he rolled his eyes.
 
“Fine, a hug.” Rin looked at him a bit angry and he let out an irritated grunt. “Okay, okay! Not further than a kiss on the cheek.”
 
“Alright.” Rin agreed and they finally shook hands. “Just remember, you established the rules so you better make sure your ex follows it or you'll regret it.”
 
“Now let's seal it with a kiss.” Sesshomaru said goofily, Rin nodded and he smiled seductively.
 
“But you have to close your eyes…” He nodded and once he closed his eyes, Rin grabbed a book from his desk and gently smashed it on his face. Sesshomaru groaned in pain before looking back at Rin who was walking out of his office. “He tells me he's going out with his ex and he even dares to ask me a kiss, what's going on through his head?”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome went out with her boyfriend for lunch; he had called her at last minute to ask her to meet her in a restaurant nearby. She couldn't say no since it had been such a long time since the last time they had gone out as in a date. Kouga was already sitting in a table, waiting for her as he had a cold glass of water. Kagome showed up a few minutes later, she gave him a peck on the lips and sat next to him while she decided what to eat. Kagome's eyes were lost in the menu, she remembered the day she had picked her wedding dress and every day that elapsed she felt her glorious day closer and closer but as days went by she started feeling even more insecure. `I do want to marry Kouga, he has always been there for me… he supports me, loves me, cares about me and I'm sure he can make me happy. Then, why is it so hard for me to feel the same for him?' Kagome's hand was covered by Kouga's; she rose up her eyes to meet his and tossed apart her menu before smiling sweetly.
 
“I know I haven't seen you much lately but I know when something is tensing you up; I can see it in your eyes darling.” He mentioned as his hold became a little tighter, Kagome shook her head slowly as she kept her smile upon her lips.
 
“It's nothing really, maybe it just that knowing that we are like 20 days away from marrying and we still haven't picked out what color our tablecloths will be or when will our invitations be delivered or…” Kouga placed a finger on top her lips gently and smiled.
 
“I already took care of everything Kagome, just like I promised you.” She smiled again and Kouga kissed her cheek. “I decided to pick out everything of your favorite color along with white, the invitations were delivered last week including the ones for your relatives which I had the pleasure of giving them, I picked out the flowers too and the food that is going to be catered at the reception.”
 
“What would I do without you?” Kagome asked lowly, Kouga chuckled before sighing proudly.
 
“There is one thing left and I want you to take care of… I need you to stop worrying and leave everything else that you want for our wedding to me, okay?” She nodded and he smiled.
 
“Kagome, I thought that was you.” She heard someone say behind her, Kagome turned around to find Kikyo with Inuyasha by her side. “It's so nice to see you here with your fiancé.”
 
“Oh, hi Kikyo… It's nice to see you here, what are you guys doing?” Kagome asked and Kikyo smiled as she grabbed Inuyasha's hand protectively.
 
“I'm just doing my work and I brought my boyfriend her to help me decide what's good and what's bad.” Kagome nodded and heard her boyfriend cough a few times, she caught his hint.
 
“Where are my manners? Kouga this is Kikyo, Inuyasha's girlfriend and well, you know Inuyasha.” Kagome said awkwardly, Kouga shot Inuyasha a venomous look.
 
“Okay Kikyo, you said `hi' let's go to our table.” Kikyo shook her head and looked back at Kagome.
 
“How about we share a meal? The four of us… you know, as a double date.” Kagome looked at Inuyasha for a millisecond before turning her attention to Kouga who sighed heavily. Kikyo was still waiting for her answer.
 
“I think we could.” Kagome let out defeated, Inuyasha rolled his eyes and Kouga let out a small annoyed grunt.
 
Kikyo immediately asked a waiter for a table for four people, a few minutes later they were installed in around table sitting together. Kagome was next to Kouga who was next to Inuyasha and he was sitting next to Kikyo, they were all staring at their menus busily deciding what would be their best choice for today's meal. Kikyo suddenly closed her menu and glared at Kagome.
 
“So, how did you meet your fiancé Kagome?” she asked intrigued, Kagome looked at Kouga and smiled nervously.
 
“I moved here when I finished high school, I graduated in gastronomy and my family wanted to go back to Japan but I decided to stay here…” Kagome made a short pause; Kouga grabbed his glass of water as he took long refreshing gulps. “I was searching for a gift to my mom, so she could remember me when I grabbed this beautiful candle and Kouga grabbed the same. We dated for about 5 years and then he proposed.”
 
“Oh, that's so romantic… you met him before or after you were dating Inuyasha?” Kouga immediately spilled out his water, Inuyasha smirked at his bad luck but soon he looked serious at the killer look Kouga was shooting at him.
 
“You what?” Kouga asked hysterically and Kagome wanted to kill herself, Kikyo simply nodded.
 
“Yeah, Inuyasha said the two dated for about a year or less… right honey?” Kikyo said looking back at Inuyasha, he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“I don't… remember. Maybe for a few months or…”
 
“Ouch!” Kikyo suddenly yelped, Kagome cursed herself for her bad aiming as she was trying to hit Inuyasha.
 
“Kagome, we need to talk.” Kouga hissed and Kagome started breathing in and out nervously, she grabbed Kouga's glass of water and spilled it over her clothing.
 
“Oops, stupid me… I have to go to the bathroom.” Kagome quickly said before getting up and running towards the bathroom.
 
“Excuse me for moment.” Kouga said before following his girlfriend.
 
When Kouga got to the bathroom, Kagome was already inside. He sighed and looked around, making sure there were no women around so he didn't get caught. Kouga walked inside and went on pushing the doors until he found the one that was locked. He bent and saw her feet underneath door and he pressed his back against the bathroom.
 
“Why didn't you tell me?” Kouga asked. Kagome didn't know what was worst, the truth or the lies but she chose the latter for safety.
 
“I just thought I would never see him again, I did want to tell you but then Ayame came up and told me all those horrible things he did to her and I thought it would have been better for me to keep it as a secret forever.” She said coming out and making him almost fall, Kagome smiled a bit before he grabbed her hand. “I'm just sorry, okay?”
 
“You know I don't like it when you lie to me but I can understand why you did it.” Kagome hugged him as he held her in his embrace, she just thanked the gods they have helped her and closed her eyes tightly as she melted in the warmth of his body.
 
“Ah! Help!” An old woman yelled at the sight of Kouga in the ladies room, he quickly ran out followed by a very embarrassed Kagome.
 
They walked towards their table in hands, laughing about their bad luck and Kouga kissed her sweetly before sitting next to Kikyo and Inuyasha. Kouga kissed Kagome's cheek before the waiter came and took their orders, he immediately left and after 25 minutes of awkward silence their meals arrived and they ate them gladly. Kikyo kept on asking about Kagome's previous “relationship” with Inuyasha, which seemed to make Kouga very angry but he simply kept on eating as he listened to her stories in silence. After a delicious meal, Kouga asked for the check and they all waited patiently so they could split it.
 
“It was good, don't you agree honey?” Kikyo asked Inuyasha, he nodded a bit unsure.
 
“The attention could be better.” He suggested and Kikyo sighed before kissing his cheek lightly.
 
“Stop it!” Inuyasha heard Kagome whispered. He looked at her and noticed how Kouga was kissing her neck and she was enjoying it.
 
Kikyo kept on rambling about the review she was going to write for the restaurant and Inuyasha couldn't keep his eyes off of Kagome and Kouga. Kouga was sweetly kissing her neck and making his way slowly to her mouth as he placed soft kisses on her lips. Inuyasha couldn't help but to notice that he was mocking him, Kouga looked back at him a few times before smirking proudly. It was as if he was letting him know what Inuyasha was missing. He couldn't handle it anymore and just as they broke off from their kiss, Inuyasha launched himself over Kouga to hit him after getting what he always wanted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I know this chapter was short but I updated fast… I'm still not sure about the length of this story but I'm sure that there will be no more than 40 chaps, maybe only 35… yet again I'm still thinking about cutting off some parts and making it 30. Okay, I'll try to update soon I say try `cause tomorrow I'm taking a small trip to my hometown (yay!) And I won't have that much time to write… review please!!! =)