InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ they don't love you like I love you ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No one fully understood what was going on, neither did Inuyasha. Everything seemed to be in slow motion for him, Inuyasha could watch the confusion that hid Kouga's deep blue eyes. Inuyasha could mirror himself on his eyes as he stared at the way he held his fist up, ready to let a blow hit Kouga's dazed face. It was fate, it really was when he saw from the corner of his eye a waiter trip with Kagome's chair; the clumps waiter let his tray fall right on where Inuyasha had Kouga pressed against the ground. Inuyasha used his hand to block away the upcoming dishes towards them and they heard the shattering glass breaking loudly against the ground. Finally, things got up to their normal speed and Inuyasha got off from Kouga, straightening his clothes before offering his hand to Kouga to help him get up; he looked at him suspiciously as he stood up.

"Oh, my... I'm very sorry about this sir, please forgive me." The waiter asked politely and Inuyasha nodded before roughly passing his fingers through his hair. "Here is your check, I am very sorry."

"It's okay, no one was harmed... Inuyasha is our hero today." Kikyo said with some sarcasm in her voice, Inuyasha ignored her as he pulled out his wallet and pulled out a few dollar bills and walked away. "You're leaving?"

"I have a restaurant to take care of Kikyo," Inuyasha reminded her bitterly and turned his attention to Kouga and Kagome. "It was nice to have lunch with you."

Inuyasha couldn't believe the way he behaved, how could he manage to do such a crazy thing? 'What was I thinking? That she would go out with me after I nearly killed her fiancé? How did I let my instincts overrule me before I launched myself to attack that loser?' Inuyasha thought angrily as he entered to his car, he inserted the key and twisted it to start the engine; the sooner her left the better. But Inuyasha wasn't able to move, he started hitting his head against the wheel making the horn honk loudly until he heard someone tapping on his window. Inuyasha looked up and his girlfriend standing next to him, waiting for him to speak. He pressed the window button to lower it down, hoping she had something to say since he had nothing in his mind. Inuyasha sighed heavily as she held a very furious stare; he closed the window and got out of the car. Kikyo was still waiting for him to talk but Inuyasha had nothing to say, Kikyo knew better than him what had just happened and he believed there was no need for an explanation.

"I know what you feel." Inuyasha started and Kikyo shook her head.

"Trust me, you don't." She immediately snapped and closed her eyes before taking a deep breath. "If you knew how I feel... you would be shedding tears for the pain that it's incrusted in your chest."

"Kikyo, I..."

"No, you don't have to apologize for something that you can't control... I wish you could though, you let me think that you only had eyes for me and..."

"I do, I really feel something very strong for you." Inuyasha said in his defense; Kikyo shot him a saddened smile, all fury gone away.

"But you don't love me the way you love her." Inuyasha wanted to say something, anything to try to change her mind because he couldn't live with the thought of losing her too but nothing came out of his mouth. He suddenly let out a small chuckle.

"I'm that easy to read huh?" He asked with a soft smile plastered on his lips, Kikyo nodded and placed her hand on his cheek.

"I want to slap you for the pain you made me go through… but I can't because it will hurt me even more.” Kikyo patted his face a few times before walking away.
“This is goodbye?” Inuyasha asked confused, Kikyo turned to look at him and gave him a soft smile.
“Only if you want it to be,” She replied and winked at him before leaving.
Inuyasha stared at her figure as she went further and further away from him, he knew that the way he felt for her would never match the way he felt for Kagome; the only girl that he wanted but he was unable to reach because she had already found her life companion. He let out a heavy sigh flow out of his lungs before he toyed with the car keys, Inuyasha was about to get in his car once again when he heard a few steps behind him.
“Kouga, I bet he already knows it… don't, please.” Kagome begged and Kouga gently hushed her.
“Inuyasha!” Kouga called, he looked back over his shoulder and then turned around to face them. Inuyasha locked his eyes with Kagome for a moment before she looked away.
“I… wanted to say… thanks.” Kouga managed to push out and scratched the back of his head. “If you hadn't done that, who knows? Maybe I could be dead.”
“Yeah… it was nothing really.” Inuyasha let out as he felt guilt eating him from the inside; of course Kouga wasn't aware of his attempt of beating him up.
 
“See? Now let's go… you're gonna be late.” Kagome rushed but Kouga didn't move.
“Wait. Inuyasha, I thought you would always be that creep that kept on flushing my head down the toilet during high school…” Inuyasha hid the smile that was forming on his lips. “I… think I can start tolerating you again, you were very good to me back there.”
“I'm serious Kouga; I don't want to hear about it… I just want to go back to work.” Kouga nodded and smiled.
“Right, um… would you mind doing me another favor?” Inuyasha rolled his eyes but nodded. “Would you mind taking Kagome with you? I'm very late for a meeting and I'm going the other way, driving her off would be very…”
“Of course.” Inuyasha said to stop him for talking; Kouga nodded and patted his shoulder friendly before gently kissing Kagome's lips.
“I'll see you tonight babe, I'll miss you.” He said before walking towards his car, Kagome got in his car and soon Inuyasha was sitting next to her ready to drive to the restaurant.
Kagome stared out the window; she didn't find the right words to express the way she felt at the time. She was angry at Inuyasha for having done something to Kouga because she knew his intentions but then she was grateful at him because after all he had managed to save her fiancé's life. Inuyasha swung his eyes from her to the road, he didn't want to kill themselves but he also felt necessary to know about what she was feeling or what she was thinking. They had managed to stay silent half of their way to the restaurant, it was easy since Inuyasha didn't know what to say and Kagome didn't want to hear it. Although, they were grateful for the way they had managed to suppress what they were thinking, Inuyasha had to talk. He opened his mouth but before any words left his mouth, Kagome stopped him.
“This is the last thing I need, please don't make it harder.” She half begged, half warned him.
“I need to get it out of my system… I want you Kagome.” He said with no regret, he stopped the car and stared at her eyes. “I want you to be with me and that little stunt you were playing with your boyfriend wasn't enough to push me away.”
“What are you talking about?” Kagome asked as confusion drenched from her words.
“The way you pretended to enjoy the way he kissed you, to mock me… don't you know that hurts?” Inuyasha asked wounded, Kagome snorted.
Pretended to enjoy? Inuyasha!” Kagome said and softly punched him on his shoulder.
“Please, listen to me for a second… and then you can say anything you want. You can dyne it, you can admit it… hell! I'll even let you punch me again but just hear me out first.” Kagome nodded and took a deep breath.
“I only have eyes for you Kagome, I wasn't even able to realize that myself. It was Kikyo who let me know about it and today after I broke up with her I couldn't help but to imagine that maybe I still had a chance. I'll admit it was very dumb from me to try to hit your fiancé in that restaurant but I've never felt that way, as if every part of me screamed to push you away from him… so I could take you in my arms. And after such a long time thinking about you and me and about everything between us that would never be… I only have one question.” Kagome stared at him with her eyes wide open; he let a small smile curl up his lips. “Do you feel even a glimpse of what I feel or do you just feel of me as a friend?”
“Inuyasha… I…” Kagome couldn't manage to admit that it wasn't only his friendship what she was looking for but she wasn't able to admit that she felt something strong for him too. “I'm about to get married, I don't think this is appropriate.”
“Appropriate or not!” He yelled with frustration, Inuyasha took a deep breath and shook his head. “I'm sorry… please Kagome, just let me know your answer.”
“I can't answer that, whether I say the truth or I lie… we'll end up hurt and I really think it's better for us to leave it in the dark until…” Inuyasha looked at her with bright eyes.
“Until? Until what?” He asked anxiously.
“Until I figure out something very important for me, I promise you'll have my answer after that.” Inuyasha nodded and kissed her forehead before starting up the engine and driving to the restaurant.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
A loud thud on her window woke her up; it was very early to be waking her up. It was barely 3 in the afternoon but she needed her sleep, whoever was trying to wake up her surely knew that it would be a harsh task. It was her free day after a long week of being awake and trying to cook in front of many people, she needed this rest. Although she didn't want to open the door, she got up and looked out her window. She saw no one and just when she was about to lay down again, she heard the doorbell. Sango quickly arranged her hair a bit and got on a sweater; she walked towards the door and opened it. She was very surprised to find Miroku outside; she looked at him confused as her heart speeded up. He stared at her before taking a deep breath.
“Can I talk to you?” He asked delicately, she nodded although she was unsure and he walked inside her apartment.
“What's up?” Sango asked casually before sitting on her couch, Miroku took a seat right next to her.
“Sango, you need to know that I'm still thinking about you… ever since I saw you out with that guy I realized that I love you more than ever.” She was shocked but her face remained with a normal stare. “I need to know if you feel the same way because it's driving me insane the way you manage to ignore me.”
“Well, the truth is that…” Her doorbell interrupted her and she got up, Miroku followed her closely.
Sango wished she didn't open the door because outside there he was, Hiten waiting for her with a perfect smile flashing on his teeth. He suddenly erased his grin when he noticed another man standing behind her.
“Hiten, what are you doing here?” Sango asked pretending to be amused.
“Remember the other day? We agreed to go out today… who's this?” He asked, jealousy running down his words.
“Hiten, remember…”
“No one, just her coworker; nothing else. Good night.” Miroku said with a smile before walking out her door.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
“Thanks.” Rin said courtly as Kohaku held out an empty chair for her to sit.
It had been such a long time since she had gone out with him; Rin had forgotten about his sweet gestures, his gentleman traditions, his way to persuade people to get him what he wanted but most of all she had forgotten how handsome he was. His face glistened as the dim light of the candles that surrounded the restaurant tried to bring some glow into the place, his perfect smile showing up as he waited for her to sit. His marvelous chocolate glittering as he looked at hers, which were of the same color something that Kohaku had mention to enjoy.
“So, what made you dump grandpa for tonight and go out with me?” Kohaku asked as he took his seat next to her, Rin made a face of warning before answering.
“First of all, he's not that old; second, he has a name which by the way it's Sesshomaru and third; I didn't dump him, I'm still dating it's… I just missed this, you know… the way we manage to have fun in a very immature way like the time we had dinner and then ran away.” Rin laughed at the memory, Kohaku let a smile escape his lips.
“That was your fault, we decided we should split the check and suddenly you had lost your money… how convenient.” Rin giggled a few times before blushing.
“You could have let me know that I left my wallet in your car.” Kohaku smiled and shrugged his shoulders.
“I think I liked it better when you turned out to be the bad guy or girl in this case.” Rin shot him a glance before turning to her menu, the waiter soon appeared and before he asked for their meals Kohaku already answered.
“We would like to have raclette as our main course and for our dessert chocolate fondue, bring only strawberries if you can.” He said to the waiter as he slid a twenty dollar bill inside the menu, the waiter nodded surprised.
“Whatever you wish sir.” The waiter replied before walking away, Rin softly kicked Kohaku under the table; he looked back at her as he pretended to be hurt.
“Someone call an ambulance, I think you just broke my leg.” Rin rolled her eyes before smacking him on the head.
“What? You become an actor and suddenly I don't get to pick what I eat?” She asked with some amusement and he smiled.
“I would like you to think about it as the way it used to be before, when you would accept how I bribed everyone behind your back and you pretended you didn't notice. You know how much I like it when I have it my way.” Rin let a sigh wash her lungs, she loved it when he got his way and as much as she didn't want to admit it now… she still did.
Rin let Kohaku start rambling about his very successful career; he told everything to Rin like his future plans about becoming a famous actor just like many other male models before him. She was listening to him and every one in a while she would roam her eyes across the room in hope of finding Sesshomaru and Kagura, just like her boyfriend had promised. Kohaku noticed her distress and grabbed her hand gently in an attempt to keep her thoughts focused on him, it worked for a second since Rin was able to spot her silvery white haired man along with his ex wife by his side. Kohaku looked at her eyes and couldn't resist looking back but soon Rin grabbed his face by the chin, she smiled teasingly and giggled flirty.
“I would like to hear more about your underwear pictures down the avenue; you look good enough to eat.” Rin said with some effort the last part, even though she tried her best not even Kohaku believed her and started laughing.
“Of course, mock the model.” Kohaku said still chuckling due to her words; Rin couldn't help to giggle a few times. “I love the way you laugh, it's like whenever I listen to it it's as if bells…”
“Would jingle in my ears and suddenly the world stops for a moment, enough for me to watch your beauty pour from your eyes?” Kohaku nodded dazed and Rin laughed. “That's what you say in your movie, your lines… apparently you were trying to seduce me with some else's words. I'm shocked.”
“C'mon, give me some credit… I'm very tired and I've already used my imagination when we were dating, what can I say? I've run out of ideas.” Rin nodded convinced by his words.
Sesshomaru had promised Rin to arrive to the restaurant at the same time she did but Kagura wasn't ready when he decided to pick her up. Sesshoramu patiently waited for her in her living room which used to be his living room too, he couldn't help to notice that she kept some pictures of them together but the frame that used to hold their wedding picture was nowhere in sight. Finally they drove off to have their date, Kagura held a pleased smile on her lips as Sesshomaru guided her to their table. They sat down and he didn't have to search for Rin since she was just a few tables away from him very comfortable with Kohaku by her side. After a long silence to decide what they would eat, the waiter came and then left to give the others to the chefs. Sesshomaru wasn't able to pull his eyes away from Rin, she seemed to be having a great time with Kohaku and that made him very jealous.
“I'm very happy you decided to go out with me again, don't you?” Kagura asked with a soft voice, Sesshomaru nodded almost mechanically as he kept on staring at Rin. “I know I've been very mean to you and I've done some things I'm not proud of but… I still regret the day I kissed another man, Sess… you're the only one I've ever loved.”
“Yeah, of course.” He replied, Kagura looked at him suspiciously and grabbed his hand. Sesshomaru turn his eyes towards hers.
“I know you might not believe me but I know how to compensate you.” Kagura smiled vigorously.
Sesshomaru was positive Kagura was going to kiss him, he wanted to stop her in whatever way he could but that wasn't necessary when he noticed that she dug her hand into her purse and pulled out a ring. Sesshomaru knew very well the ring she held, after he had caught her with another man Sesshomaru furiously tossed his wedding ring against the floor of their house; he thought it was lost forever but there it was in her hand. Sesshomaru looked up at her to search something in her eyes, probably to find out if she was lying but she just kept on her sincere smile on her lips. The waiter came with their meals; Kagura thanked him as Sesshomaru kept on staring at the ring.
“I found it a day after you send me the divorce papers; I kept it… just in case.” She admitted and grabbed his hand, she placed in the ring in his third finger and Sesshomaru sighed heavily.
“Kagura, I'm amazed… I wanted to go out with you but I had no idea that you had this in mind.” He said before pulling out his ring, Kagura looked at him hurt. “I'll keep it, to remember everything or at least only our good times.”
“I was thinking about many other possibilities, you know we are better when we work together and I thought that maybe… we could blend our restaurants, what do you say?”
 
 
A/N: Sorry for the very delayed update, I got a new computer and it has been a hard task to transfer everything my old one had… well, whatever I've made my decision and finally only 35 chapters will be necessary for this story. I've got a few ideas for a new one, which I will post the same day when I post the last chap for this one… review please!!! =)