InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ pain without love ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He felt like a stalker, searching for her picture in a magazine or in the internet but he couldn't help it. It hurt him not to; Sesshomaru's only wish was to explain everything to Rin. He wished they could have ended their relationship in good terms and not in the childish way he had made her break up. Although it drove him crazy to find her in magazines with Kohaku by her side, his eyes brightened by seeing her smiling at the cameras. He looked around his old-new house; Kagura had gotten their home after the divorce and had kept it during the years they had been apart. She invited him to live with her when she found out he was living with Inuyasha, Kagura knew that it was a great idea since his younger brother would be very angry at the fact that his brother still trusted her. Sesshomaru heard the main door opening so he placed the magazine under the couch and turned on the TV to watch the weather channel.
“Hey darling, I bought some things for tonight to eat… sushi, your favorite.” Kagura said, Sesshomaru lazily turned to look at her.
“Great, I was getting hungry.” Kagura nodded and placed the groceries on the kitchen's counter.
“You know what I was thinking today?” Sesshomaru didn't even bother in answering her, she would tell him anyways. “I was thinking that maybe it's time that we should rename our restaurants… give them the same name, blend them.”
“Kagura, I…” she immediately enveloped her arms around him, she directed her ruby gaze towards his golden orbs.
“Sess, it's been almost two weeks since our engagement. Don't you want to make it official? To let everyone know that we are marrying?” She purred as he stared at his eyes, he closed his for a moment.
`Try to think idiot, don't let her win… resist her enchantments, for your own good.' He mentally ordered himself before sighing, Sesshomaru kept his eyes closed as he decided what to tell her.
“I know we are going to marry but there are still a few things that we should take care of…” Kagura looked at him suspiciously; she grinned and kissed his lips lightly.
“Look at me in the eyes Sess and tell me exactly what you need to take care of, I'll do whatever you want.” She promised, he shook his head and opened his eyes.
“I'm just taking into consideration everything, giving it a second thought… just in case.” He let out before he could regret it, Kagura smiled.
“Then why didn't you say so? You have as much time as you need.” Kagura promised, he nodded and stood up.
`How hard was that now? All I had to do it was to state my opinion, nothing more… Inuyasha was right, I need to learn how to stand up for myself and things will be better.' Sesshomaru smiled proudly, he walked to the counter and searched for something to eat. He heard the pat of her high heels on the wooden floor, she touched his shoulder softly.
“So Sess, why don't we discuss the amount of time you'll take? We don't have much since we are having our marriage in 3 months.” He looked at her amazed.
“3 months?” Kagura nodded with a smile. “You already picked the date and you didn't even bother on telling me?”
“I wanted our wedding to be the same day as our last one… to bring us nice memories, don't you agree?” Sesshomaru was about to shake his head when Kagura kissed his lips softly again. “You'll love the food I picked for our reception, sushi and caviar… doesn't that sound great for appetizers?”
Kagura waited for his answer with her red eyes filled with sweetness, Sesshomaru couldn't help but to agree. He nodded and she let out a giggle before kissing his forehead, Kagura hugged him and he slowly placed his arms around her. Sesshomaru sunk into his thoughts as he felt Kagura tighten her grasp. `Great… I give to steps in but I take one back, what is wrong with me? I can't say no when I look into her eyes and when I'm not staring at them… she will ask me to do it. I'm trapped in my own mistakes, I just wish my brother could help me now…' Sesshomaru thought helplessly as he felt Kagura get away from him, she searched into the bags and pulled out a stray of sushi.
“Are you hungry?” Sesshomaru nodded and Kagura kissed his cheek.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Kouga had to leave to Japan once again so Kagome was left alone for the last time, Kouga promised that once they were married he would accept a job position in his office that will provide him a higher salary and the option of traveling only once a year. Kagome was pleased by his sacrifices, knowing how much Kouga enjoyed traveling and even though she insisted it wasn't necessary, Kouga was willing to make that sacrifice for her. Kagome invited Sango and Ayame for lunch, Ayame eagerly accepted since she had a lot of questions concerning her surprise trip to Tokyo. Sango agreed when Kagome said she needed to ask her a few things about her job, mostly concerning her coworkers or better say coworker. Kagome wanted to cook for her friends but Ayame refused to let her cook and brought in a box of pizza and a liter of ice cream with her. Sango brought some apple pie made by her and the three girls ate gladly.
“So, when you marry my brother… will you still cook for me or only for him?” Ayame asked, Kagome laughed.
“I'll cook for whoever asks me to, unless I'm too tired to do so.” She explained; Sango nodded.
“Okay, I'm happy… you know, that little escapade you did to your hometown had my brother like a zombie. He was only able to sleep, eat and work. I was going to get him into an asylum until he told me you showed up… why did you leave?” Ayame asked curiously, Sango had the same interest to know and Kagome sighed heavily.
“Let's just say I had a few things to clear before I tied the knot… okay?” Kagome faked a few giggles and walked towards the freezer. “Anyone else want more ice cream?”
“No, thank you.” Sango said placing her dishes in the kitchen sink; Kagome looked at Ayame who shook her head.
“I'm full… I couldn't have another bite.” Ayame explained before starting to wash the dishes, Sango helped her and Kagome stared at the as they rinsed the plates grabbing a big spoon full of chocolate ice cream.
“When is your wedding Kagome?” Sango asked, Kagome swallowed her ice cream.
“Um… two weeks from now, time goes by so fast.” She mumbled, Ayame smiled and finished with the last plate.
“In less than a month I'll be able to call you sister… this is so pretty!” Ayame giggled and Kagome smiled a bit, she heard something ringing.
The three girls looked at their phones and Ayame picked up hers, after a long talk to someone on the phone she shut it and grunted annoyed. Kagome looked at her worried and before she could ask her what was wrong, Ayame beat her in explaining it for her.
“I got a call from my boss, he needs something urgently so I have to go to my office… sorry to leave you Kags, will you forgive me?” Ayame asked and Kagome nodded before hugging her tightly.
Sango and Kagome stared at Ayame as she walked out of her apartment, Kagome kept on eating her ice cream as Sango rested on her couch. When she finally finished it she dropped it in the sink and went to sit next to Sango, she was reading a magazine and placed it down as soon as Kagome was next to her. She looked at her friend concerned.
“Do you really want to get married Kagome?” She asked and her friend nodded.
“Of course, what gave you that idea?” Kagome asked with a smile, Sango bit her bottom lip and sighed.
“Well, when I asked about the date you didn't sound so eager… I know this is none of my business but… I think there's someone else.” Kagome froze, feeling her soul going down to her feet but she didn't even flinch.
“I was having my doubts but now that he's gone, well…”
“It's Inuyasha, isn't he?” Sango interrupted, pressed her hands against her face to avoid shedding tears. “But… when you met him..? And then…? Well, why did you start to like him?”
“Inuyasha was pushing too hard to try to make himself a space in my heart and when you told me that I should get to knowing him better, well… I think I pushed down the barrier of friendship and I screwed up. Sango, my whole life is messed up because I'm love with two guys at the same time… does that even make sense?” Kagome asked as her voice broke, Sango hugged her softly.
“Yeah, don't worry but… if this is hurting you too much, why are you marrying Kouga?” Sango asked dazed, Kagome sighed.
“Because I picked Kouga.” Kagome stated, Sango nodded. “It would be twice as hard if I saw him again, destiny is working with me to forget about Inuyasha… if I'm lucky, when I'm married to Kouga this will all look like a nightmare.”
“Are you sure you made the right choice?” Kagome shook her head.
“But I hope it's enough to keep me happy.” She smiled bleakly as Sango hugged her again.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
“I was an ass to you, I'm sorry Inuyasha…” Miroku apologized.
Miroku thought it would be a good idea to get some extra cooking classes, the lasted for a week so he asked Sesshomaru for permission for that week. He could hardly believe his eyes when he saw Inuyasha as his teacher. After his two hour class, he asked Inuyasha out to grab a beer. Something inside Miroku was eating him, when he worked with Inuyasha he used to behave like a complete idiot and then he found out that he was only trying to push Sango towards him. Miroku knew he had to apologize so he blurted out the words once the silence became too uncomfortable to grasp it. Inuyasha arched his brow confused and finished his beer.
“I didn't even care Miroku; as long as I knew that what I said was true… nothing really mattered.” Inuyasha answered truthfully, Miroku smile a bit and Inuyasha sighed. “And… I guess I'm sorry I was such a jerk when I was the top chef at my rest… I mean, at the restaurant.”
“You should have seen the look on Kagome's face when Sango told her you weren't working anymore…” Inuyasha looked at him shocked.
“She came back? Oh, Miroku… you got to do me a favor.” It was his turn to act puzzled.
“What?” He asked suspiciously, Inuyasha grabbed a napkin and started writing.
Kagome, your decision is killing me… I want to know it as soon as you deliver it for me; it's unbearable the pain the suspense is causing me. Even if you don't, I love you. Please send a note like this to Miroku, he will hand it to me.
Inuyasha
He gave it to Miroku.
“Give this to Kagome,” Miroku nodded but before he could grab it Inuyasha snatched it and shot him a deadly glare. “If you dare to read what is inside and you'll regret it for the rest of your life.”
“Fine,” Miroku said placing it in the back of his pocket. “Don't you wanna know about your brother?”
“That bastard could die for all I care,” Inuyasha uttered, Miroku sighed. “Is Kagura already the owner of the place?”
“No, I don't know why though… your brother is like a peon to her and still she hasn't made a move. Do you think she loves him?”
The two men stared at each other seriously until they started laughing, Inuyasha asked the bartender for another round of beer as his laugh dried up.
“One thing is for sure, Kagura is planning something… blending restaurants is the first part, I don't know but the second part has to do with my brother.” Miroku nodded and took a sip of his beer; he looked at his wrist watch.
“Damn, its late… thanks for everything Inuyasha; I'll make sure Kagome gets this.” Inuyasha nodded thankfully as he gulped the rest of his beer. “Thanks for everything.”
“Any time.” Inuyasha mumbled as Miroku walked away.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
The next day, Miroku woke up with a terrible flu. He called in sick and although Kagura wasn't pleased with his absence, she warned him that he wouldn't get paid for that day. Miroku didn't care, his health was more important for him at the time. He called Sango for help and at lunch time she prepared for him some chicken soup. She fed him carefully, blowing each spoon with soup before giving it for him to eat it. Miroku was very happy his girlfriend was so nice to him, Sango was even happier he had asked for her help instead of trying to do it by himself. Once he finished his meal he decided to watch TV, Sango's shift didn't start in another hour so she sat next to him but not enough to catch his cold.
“What did you do last night?” She asked curiously, he coughed before answering.
“I was with Inuyasha last night, which reminds me… will you…?” He started coughing again, Sango was worried.
“Are you okay? Do you need something?” Miroku nodded as he coughed some more, he pointed at the pants he wore last night.
Sango quickly approached to them and brought them to him, Miroku stopped coughing by the time she brought him his clothes.
“I need you to…” he started sneezing, Miroku couldn't stop and finally pulled out a piece of paper he found in his pants and cleaned his nose with it. “Ah… much better,”
“Okay, so what do you want me to do?” Miroku thought about it for a second when he remembered.
“Oh, yeah…” He looked through his pockets until he looked back at the piece of napkin he held in his hands which was now contaminated by his flu; disgusted, he open it to reveal the ink had been erased. “You know what? It doesn't matter anymore.”
 
 
 
A/N: this reminds me that I'm going to cut off the number of chapters… everything is becoming too repetitive and I've got some complains so I was thinking that I'll only write till chap 32 which means that there are only 3 chapters left, I know I should have thought about this early but whatever… review please!!! =)