InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ where we belong ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Days like this reminded him how hard it was everything, days in which rain poured down everywhere without even an excuse why. It was days like this that made him think how bad it was for him to forget about Kagome. Time had passed by and still he hasn't gotten a response from her, he would have asked Miroku if he delivered his message but apparently something happened to him the rest of the week and he wasn't able to attend to his classes. The day for him to cater a wedding rehearsal had come, something that he didn't like about catering was the fact that he didn't deal with the costumers; he would just do what he did best and let someone else pay him for that later. The thought of his old job crossed his mind but he soon discarded it since it also reminded him of his brother. He was changing his clothes lazily when he heard someone knocking on his door; he got on his t-shirt and jeans and walked to his door. He opened it and it revealed the last person he needed to see.
“What do you want now Sesshomaru?” He asked with despise as he said his name.
“I want 5 minutes from you, nothing else.” His brother replied, Inuyasha rolled his eyes and let him inside his place.
“I'm counting.” Inuyasha reminded him, Sesshomaru nodded.
“Look, I'm sorry about everything that happened between us but you have to understand that… I still love Kagura. I just can't forget her like this and…”
“Oh, so you can't forget your lying cheating wife but you can forget poor Rin?” Inuyasha interrupted, Sesshomaru sighed heavily and sat on his couch.
“I didn't forget about her… she left me, in case you didn't know.” Inuyasha sighed angered.
“She left you, idiot… because Kagura fired her! I found her a few days ago and that's what she told me. And you pretended you got a phone call from her manager when it was your bitch all along.” Inuyasha said folding his arms on top of his chest angrily, Sesshomaru sighed.
“I did get a call…” He mumbled and shook his head. “That's not the point, I didn't come here to discuss my love life with you… it's about our restaurant.”
“I don't care about that place anymore,” Inuyasha snapped harshly, Sesshomaru sighed. “And it's not mine anymore; it's yours and… that bitch's.”
“Inuyasha, there's something you don't understand you see…”
“There you go again picking her, Sesshomaru you can marry a dog for all I care as long as you did it because you wanted it… not because she's ordering you, you're like her damn toy.” Inuyasha said; Sesshomaru stood up furious.
“I made my decisions Inuyasha, don't think things are like before when I…”
“It's all the same Sesshomaru! You sold your soul when you decided to give it another chance! You ruined everything!” Inuyasha shouted irritated, Sesshomaru looked at him furious as his younger brother sighed. “Your time is up, get out.”
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha stared at each other for a few seconds, neither of them had nothing to say because they both knew very well what each other was thinking. Sesshomaru walked towards the door and turned to look at his brother again, he pulled out a bunch of papers from his jacket's pocket and threw it in front of Inuyasha. His younger brother gazed at them curious but kept fury in his eyes.
“What the hell is that?” He asked, Sesshomaru turned his face to the door and opened it.
“It's the proof that I finally did something right.” He replied and walked out the door, slamming it harshly on his way out.
Inuyasha stared at the door for a few seconds, hoping that his brother would come back so he could apologize. He sighed heavily and walked towards the papers in front of him picking them up. Inuyasha read them carefully and smiled as he realized what they were about, he laughed dryly.
“I hate you Sesshomaru,” Inuyasha said chuckling.
­-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Kagura had everything set up, the papers were ready and all she needed was her fiancé's signature to make it official. After such a long time, finally it would be hers. She was comfortably sitting on his chair, her soon to be chair and her future restaurant empire. `I want this… I want it bad, I want a franchise… one is not enough, not now that I have managed to break into Sesshomaru's heart again. I'm thankful that kid Kohaku helped me with that call, if not that little girl would still be shrieking in my restaurant.' Kagura thought maliciously as she rubbed her fingers against the table, taking the papers between her hands again and reading them again in bliss. Suddenly, a knock came from her door which startled her. Kagura cleared her throat and placed down the papers.
“Come in,” She breathed out and soon the door opened, revealing Kagome. “What is it?”
“Um… I was wondering if, well… if it was okay for me to take this day, today is my wedding rehearsal and this weekend is my wedding and new a few things to get ready.” Kagome explained; Kagura rolled her eyes.
“Do I have a choice?” She mumbled annoyed as she rubbed her temples. “Fine, but it's coming off your paycheck.”
“Thanks.” Kagome said with a bleak smile before walking away.
After waiting for such a tedious time, it would finally become hers. Another knock on the door made her react with a smile, knowing exactly who would be behind it. She quickly arranged her hair and opened the door, greeting Sesshomaru with a soft kiss on his lips. He sighed heavily as he followed her back to her chair, Kagura picked up the papers she had been dying to show him.
“So, I did the arrangements this place needed and…” She tossed him the papers; Sesshomaru read the title and placed them back to the table. “I think we are all set up, don't worry it's still yours.”
“Kagura, the real reason I have been delaying this whole… blend thing, it's because I did something very important once we got our engagement going.” He declared, Kagura looked at him confused.
“Sess, I just need your signature… the owner of the restaurant must sign so we can have our place together. That's not a problem.” She said as she tangled her hands between his, Sesshomaru sighed heavily.
“Actually, it is.” She looked at him dazed. “You see, when I agreed to marry you again… well, before that actually, Inuyasha and I shared half of the restaurant and when I accepted to try it again… I gave him my half, which means…”
“You're sitting in my place,” Inuyasha said coming in, Sesshomaru half smiled at the sight of his brother and turned his attention back to his fiancé when he heard her hands slamming hard against the table.
“But you! You quitted! You no longer work here!” She gritted furiously, Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders and grinned.
“No, I was taking a break… which means that I no longer need you. Bye Kagura, you may leave my restaurant alone now.” He said with a light chuckle leaving at the end of the phrase, she quickly got up and irritated walked out of the place.
“So… does this means you forgive me?” Sesshomaru asked, Inuyasha stared into his brother's golden troubled eyes as he sighed.
“Are you still going to marry her?” He replied, it was his brother's turn to sigh.
“I love her; you never really understood that… I can't just say no.” Sesshomaru said, Inuyasha sat on the leather chair that once belonged to his older brother.
“I'll tell you something, come back in a few weeks when you're in need of a job… you won't owe me explanations, just come and you'll have your half.” Sesshomaru smiled, he opened his mouth but the roaring voice of his wife interrupted him.
“Sesshomaru! We are leaving! NOW!” Kagura yelled angered, Inuyasha chuckled and Sesshomaru sighed.
“I hope I don't need it but thanks.” His brother replied before walking out of the restaurant.
Inuyasha had been devastated when he entered the place, a few weeks ago it had been the wonderful place he had settled up with his brother and now it was a joke. He walked out of the office to check the restaurant again; the plain horrible colors Kagura had picked were making his eyes itch. He sighed heavily, directing his eyes towards the kitchen door and smiling in the process. There was only one person who he ached to see, who his heart jumped for.
“Kagome.” He breathed out, making his way to the kitchen. He opened the door eager to see her but then he just saw Miroku and Sango. “Where's…? Oh, she quit… didn't she?”
“Close,” Sango replied preparing a whole pot of some white creamy stuff, she looked at Inuyasha before smiling. “I missed you… and I mean that in the friendly way, just in case.”
“If that's so… I missed you too, what's up pervert?” Inuyasha asked at Miroku, who was busy cleaning his nose with a tissue paper. “So, you're not over that cold yet?”
“I'm feeling better… what are you doing here? I thought you said you wouldn't come here until Kagura left.” Inuyasha smiled happily, Sango's and Miroku's eyes widened at his expression. “She's gone?”
“Until she hires her henchmen and kill me,” Inuyasha declared happily sitting on the table in the middle of his kitchen. “So… not that I care but…”
“Kagome?” Sango finished his phrase with a smile, Inuyasha blushed lightly before nodding. “She's gone… she had some stuff to do before the wedding.”
“Wedding…” Inuyasha echoed, letting out the heavy sigh that had been tormenting his heart ever since she decided to make a choice. “So she's finally marrying Kouga.”
“That's right,” Sango said looking at him.
He was breaking down in pieces, at least from his inside. The way his heart shattered when Sango mentioned her wedding would never get back together, it was clear for him that everything was over now. Inuyasha closed his eyes tightly, preferring to never know her choice but he knew that it was possible that it might happen. `Isn't this what you pleaded? That she gave you her answer… I guess I was hoping she would pick me, I was so stupid. She was going to get married after all and now… she still is going to marry him.' Inuyasha sighed again, trying to push his pain out but it was impossible when it was coming from every inch in his body. He felt a hand on his shoulder and when he looked back he saw Sango with a concerned look in her face.
“Are you okay?” Inuyasha didn't move, the answer was pretty obvious so she simply hugged him. “It's not her fault… don't blame her.”
“I'm not… I just wish I heard it from her.” He explained as she let him go, Inuyasha smiled a little and Sango returned the gesture. “Thanks though.”
“You guys… what's going on?” Miroku asked confused, Sango smiled but when she was about to explain it to him her phone started ringing.
“Excuse me guys.” She said as she walked out of the kitchen.
Inuyasha stared at the floor unconsciously, he didn't feel like himself anymore nor did he feel any part from him. All he was able to recognize was pain, agonizing pain that her decision had caused him. Miroku sat next to him, letting out a sneeze. Inuyasha half smiled looking back at his friend.
“I have a confession.” Miroku said, Inuyasha turned to look at him a bit surprised. “Remember your little note for Kagome?”
“Yep, useless but… what about it?” Inuyasha asked and Miroku laughed nervously.
“The truth is that… I got that terrible cold and I kinda blew my nose with the napkin and I never really gave it to Kagome.” Miroku said, Inuyasha laughed.
“You're kidding, right?” He asked and Miroku scared shook his head, Inuyasha turned furious. “You son of a bitch!”
“Guys!” Sango yelled as she entered the kitchen to find Inuyasha strangling Miroku.
“It's your fault!” Inuyasha yelled angrily, Sango pulled him apart from her boyfriend.
“No, Kagome made her choice before that… she was going to marry him whether you talked to her or not, she made her choice and that wasn't you.” Sango said and Inuyasha clenched his fists in fury. “Are you…?”
“What were you guys cooking?” Inuyasha asked to change the topic as he helped Miroku up, Sango sighed.
“I was making ice cream… Kagura got us a contract with a tourism company to server lunch every day.” Inuyasha nodded.
“I have to call that place to tell them we are no longer working for them, anything else?” He asked and Sango shook her head. “How about we have this night free? I still have a commitment with my catering job and I can feel you guys need a break.”
“Thanks Inuyasha.” Miroku breathed out as he finally managed to catch his breath, he smiled.
“I've got some phone calls to make, keep working.” He ordered and walked out of the kitchen.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Rain hadn't stopped pouring since the morning and it was making Kagome nervous, everything was making her nervous lately. `It must be about the wedding.' She thought as she admired her reflection on the mirror, her plain magenta skirt contrasted her white tank top as a black necklace casually fell over her chest. It was the last night of her freedom, the next few days she would spend them at Ayame's place until it was the wedding which was only 3 days away. Ayame wanted to convince her to have a bachelorette party but Kagome threatened her about never making something for her to eat so her future sister in law dropped the idea. She was brushing her hair carefully as she eyed Kouga from the corner of her eye. Unlike Kagome, Kouga was showing a very happy grin on his face which only demonstrated how delighted he was with the wedding.
“Are you ready?” Kagome asked, getting tired of his happiness. Her fiancé nodded.
“Just let me get my jacket.” He said as he walked towards the closet. “Don't worry babe, everything's going to be all right.”
“Of course,” She agreed with a sly smile, he gave her a chaste kiss and they were on their way.
Kouga helped Kagome inside the car; he was holding an umbrella to avoid getting his fiancé wet. Driving to the place where their wedding rehearsal would be made was very quiet; Kagome had her eyes fixated on the rain drops that loosely rolled down her window while Kouga was busy driving. When they were at the place, Kagome was about to get out of the car when he stopped her. Kouga got out and like before, he got the umbrella for her and Kagome smiled at the gesture.
“You should be more worried about getting yourself wet.” Kagome said as she gently walked beside him.
“I'm more worried about you,” Kouga replied as they got inside the place, Kouga closed the umbrella and left it at the side. “Go greet everyone; I have a surprise for you.”
“Really?” She asked with a small smile, he nodded and she walked away to see her guests between the crowd she noticed her mother, her brother and her grandfather. “Mom!”
“Darling, you look amazing!” Her mother complimented as she hugged her daughter tightly.
“But… how? You told me that if you came, you would come here alone for my wedding.” Her mother smiled and looked towards her fiancé.
“During his last trip, Kouga offered us to buy tickets and I just couldn't reject his offer… you're making a great choice by marrying him Kagome.” Her daughter nodded and her mother kissed her cheek, leaving her alone with her brother.
“Congrats sis,” He said before hugging her, Kagome kissed his forehead. “I hope you're happy with him.”
“Yeah, so do I.” She mumbled and sighed. “I have to get some fresh air.”
Before her brother could remind her of the terrible storm that was out there, Kagome was out and stood under a small roof top that was able to keep her dry. She sighed heavily, she really did want to marry Kouga but why was it so hard to listen to everybody cheering her up and congratulating her about her choice. `Because you know the truth in your heart… and it's not enough to make you happy.' Her thoughts answered, she tried hard not to cry and heard someone yell, Kagome looked at the alley.
“I know I'm late, I had some stuff to do.” A voice said.
“Change your clothes; we have been waiting for you to start with the ingredients. Use the door in the front; it's easier for you to get to the changing room.” A guy replied before leaving him alone.
The man quickly took a few steps directing him towards the front door, the rain had forced him to wear a hood and once he was under the same roof that Kagome was, he pulled it away. Kagome couldn't believe what her eyes were telling her but there he was, shaking his silver hair from side to side. His bright honey eyes intensively staring at the front door; his perfect face, beautiful, as always. Inuyasha, out of curiosity, turned to look back at the girl that was so startled by his presence; he now knew the reason and stared at her with the same impression. It was hard for him to speak, it had been so long since he last saw her but there she was with her breathtaking beauty, hoping he would say anything.
“Inuyasha…” She whispered out of impulse, he immediately wrapped his arms around her body.
“Don't spoil the moment Kagome.” He said before softly tracing his hand around her cheek, he pushed himself towards her face trying to kiss her but she stopped him.
“I have to, I'm sorry.” She said pulling apart; Inuyasha placed his hands in his pockets as he stared at her.
“Why didn't you say something? Do you have any idea of how hard it was to hear from Sango that you picked Kouga over me?” He asked, Kagome looked away and that made him furious. “Look at me in the eyes Kagome; I don't want you lying to me.”
“I can't! Okay? It's been so hard to deal with everything after you left and… you come back and expect me to change my decision?” She replied, desperately fighting back the tears. “What are you doing here?”
“I get to cater a wedding rehearsal, what a coincidence.” He snapped, Kagome sighed.
“This is my fault; I should have never fallen in love with you Inuyasha.” She whispered, Inuyasha turned to look at her with his heart fluttering in joy.
“Kagome, if you love me and if I love you then why…?”
“Because I love Kouga too, it's stupid and completely crazy but I'm in love with both of you.” She interrupted before he could finish the phrase that hurt her so much.
“But you love him more than you love me.” Inuyasha replied with a heavy sigh, Kagome turned to look and him and shook her head; he chuckled dryly. “Of course, if not… you would be with me.”
“Inuyasha, you have to…”
“No, I have to go. I can't deal with this right now. Good luck with your wedding Kagome.” Inuyasha slowly walked under the rain towards his car, she had to let him know the truth. She ran behind him and stopped a few feet away from.
“You were my first choice!” Kagome blurted out, Inuyasha turned to look at her surprised. “I picked you and then you left, I thought you didn't care anymore so I had to give Kouga my decision.”
The rain was still pouring on to them as Inuyasha moved closer to her; he hugged her for a few minutes before kissing her lips softly. Kagome's lips burned in pleasure as his were on top of hers but as soon as he removed them, she felt her world tremble a part.
“I really should go Kagome; you gave him your word.” Inuyasha said with some effort, he got inside his car and drove away.
Kagome stared at his car for a few seconds until it was out of sight and when she didn't see him anymore, she fell down to her knees. Letting her eyes pour down the rain that had been storming in her heart. Once she begun, it was impossible for her to stop; it hurt too much to know that it had all been a misunderstanding. Kagome suddenly felt the rain stopping, she was glad it had finally decided to cease but when she directed her eyes to the sky there was the only person she needed to see.
“Kouga,” Kagome whispered as he held the umbrella on top of her.
 
 
 
 
A/N: *sigh* I'm almost done with this story and I realized it took me over a year to finish it… wow. Hm… I'm noticing that my chapters are getting a bit bigger, I hope you like it. Review please!!! =)
2 chaps left… teehee!