InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha? Flipped? ❯ Amimi: The Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This piece is dedicated to my friend Jennifer, who was sadly auctioned to-Okay…I'm not helping at all…
 
This fan fic was inspired by the novel `Flipped.'
 
Enjoy^^
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
BRING! BRING! BRING!
 
“Stupid clock…” I muttered under my sheets as I crashed my hand onto my alarm clock. I slowly got out of bed and fixed the sheets, poorly, but with effort, as my mother always instructs. I went into the bathroom to fix myself up. My black hair was all frizzy, which isn't much of a surprise. My eyes squinted whenever I looked into the light above me. I had work to do…
 
I ran downstairs, almost tripping over the steep steps and I slid into the kitchen. My mother kissed me on the cheek as I sat down to a steaming hot plate of waffles. Boy was it good.
 
“Amimi, honey, you look gorgeous today…” she complimented as she continued cleaning her already spotless kitchen. How? All I wore was the school's daily uniform: a tight white shirt, a blue vest, high knee socks, and the small blue mini-skirt to match. Nothing…unusual. My idiotic older brother, Chris, came rampaging to the table as my dad quietly took his seat across from me, beginning his normal routine of reading the morning paper. Sakura, my older sis, also know as the `middle child,' sat down next to me as she fumbled with her newly dyed red hair.
 
I tried my best to keep a low profile as everyone began to talk, mumble, and munch at the table. As I put my maple-covered plate into the sink, my mother pulled on my twin braids.
 
“Do you need a ride this morning, Amimi-chan?” she asked as she twirled my perfect braids in her fingers and they dropped to my waist. “No…I'll walk,” I answered her, grabbing my school bag and racing out the door. “Bye Mom! Dad! Sakura! Chris…”
 
I began to hum cheerfully to myself as I walked out of my neighborhood and into town. I pretty much knew everyone here….except…All of a sudden, a car zoomed by, almost blowing my skirt upward. I restrained myself from shrieking as I held down my skirt. I heard a small `Sorry!' from the car as it turned the corner towards our school.
 
All I could see was a boy. He was about the same age as me. I've never seen him before. Probably heading to school. Hmm…a new student. Nothing different. Our school always gets new kids, including from America. I walked slowly with ease as I entered the school gates.
 
“Ohaiyo Amimi-chan!” smiled my friend, Sakeko, as she ran up to me merrily, getting ready to tackle me like the boys on our newly picked football team. Happy as usual. She's really nice. A perfect saint. It can be scary sometimes. Mussu ran up next to her, waving to me violently. Mussu isn't as…how should I put this… `Vertically challenged' as most of the kids in this school, such as I. I'm not very tall and I'm proud of it. Next was Riri. Cheerful, happy, and somewhat perky is all I can describe at the moment, including since that's how she always is. Yes…I'm surrounded by happy people, but they make me happy anyway.
 
“Hey Riri-sama…Where's everyone?” I asked, noticing that our other friends weren't here. She blinked. “Remember? Today is Friday…” she answered pointing towards the band room. Yes…Friday. The day when the school band played. They're really good, but Fridays were those days that I didn't feel like listening to saxes, trumpets, and whatnot. Rochelle-sama played alto. One of the many reasons why they were so good! You could hear it at the front gates perfectly. But today, there was something there was has never been there before.
 
The car that zoomed by me was parked right there in the parking lot. So that boy was a new student. Oh…I can't wait. The morning bell ran as everyone rushed to their Homerooms, trying not to get tardy (who wants to scrub floors anyway?). I slowly took my seat as the last bell rang, telling all students to hurry their butts into their seats.
 
“CLASS!” yelled an unwanted voice, just outside the classroom. The door was pushed as hardly as it has ever been, almost making a giant crack in the wall. Everyone quickly put their heads down onto the desk, including I, and began to `read.' That is Yukari-san, our homeroom teacher. She's also the Language Arts teacher. She can get pretty moody…
 
“DAMN THAT! THAT! ARGH!” she yelled with rage, one of the normal things that happen during school. She's talking about Minamo-san. Yukari-san seems to always be jealous of her…-.-.
 
“THE ONE TIME I COULD GO OUT TO EAT AND SHE DECIDES TO TAKE THE DAY OFF!” she shouted, taking her seat at the desk. Yukari-san mumbled a few words as she made fists with her hands. It soon became quiet as Yukari-san began to calm down. She looked at everyone with her shifty eyes and sighed.
 
“Alright class…” she said in an uneager tone. “Today -” The door slowly slid open. Kurohashi-san, our principal, slowly walked in with a young boy. He had pure white hair that collapsed down to his waist. He actually looked sort of suave with the boy's uniform on…HEY! I'm not saying I…uh…like him…
 
“Ohaiyo Yukari-san. Ohaiyo class,” said Kurohashi-san as he entered the room with the boy. My class slowly stood up from our seats and bowed. “Ohaiyo Kurohashi-san,” we said in unison, most of the girls trying to get a glance at the new student. Kurohashi-san cleared his throat (which he always does before a speech) before he began. “This is Inuyasha. He will be in this Homeroom for the rest of the year. He transferred from America and we are glad to have him as a student.”
 
“We sure are…” Yuki-sama whispered to me. She's one of my closest friends. I've known her since…Well…forever. Even being a second year here at Jusan High, she can still act immature every now and then. You get used to it. She giggled and turned back to the front of the classroom. I was going to tell her how disrespectful she was, but I guess she already knew. She likes to blurt things out. Let's just put it that way.
 
“Welcome Inuyasha,” said Yukari-san, trying to put on a smile. It looked more of an evil grin at my seat. “Please pick a seat…any…”
 
Okay…There are three open seats. One was in the WAY back next to Kuno-kun. Eww…He smells too much like food. How does he sleep at night? The next one is in the front, smack dab, right in front of Yukari-san's desk. Yuki-sama sat there once. She told me it looked as though she would collapse on you, ready to blow flames out of her mouth like a dragon. And last, but not least, the last seat was right across from mine. I sit right next to the window, so you can just drift off to sleep. I didn't say I have…It just looks…comfortable. Sadly, the birds chirp like their on fire in the morning so you can't really get anything done. It sucks. Hey, but at least you get a view…Including of the football team…
 
Inuyasha took a quick scan of the room and just stood there. What's he waiting for? He looked over at me and blushed. Blush? Pathetic. He walked through the aisle of seats and took the desk next to mine. Great. More company. Just what I need.
 
“Amimi-chan!” called Yukari-san as Kurohashi-san exited the room. I stood, feeling very embarrassed. “You're going to give Inuyasha a tour of the school. You are excused from the next class,” she muttered. “Including when Minamo-san has the day off…” I had Minamo-san next. PE. At exactly 8:50 am.
 
I heard a few girls say `Lucky…' under their breaths. Lucky?! How?!