InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha? Flipped? ❯ Inuyasha: The Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This piece is dedicated to my friend Jennifer, who was sadly auctioned to-Okay…I'm not helping at all…
 
This fan fic was inspired by the novel `Flipped.'
 
Enjoy^^
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
I yawned as I slowly got out of bed. Being one of those, `messy' guys, I didn't even bother to fix my bed. That's for moms, right? I just moved here from America to have a good education. My mom says that I'm `too smart for American schools.' Stop saying that mom…T.T! I won't make any friends that way!
 
My alarm clock was still packed in with all the boxes that have been inside our living room for the past 2 days, so the shrieks of my brother woke me up.
 
“Stupid Sesshoumaru…” I muttered as I entered the bathroom. He's probably being as bratty as usual. Just because he's older than me doesn't mean you have to pamper him like a king! I fixed myself and reentered my room. I looked at the school uniform that was placed on my bed by Mom probably minutes ago. It looked…funny. It was all blue, except for the golden buttons. There was a white blouse underneath, so it was alright, I guess. My old school had no dress code. You can pretty much go there butt naked and no one would notice or care.
 
I stripped off my pajamas and put on the `prison uniform.' My mother rushed into the room, suddenly taking pictures of me like I was a famous actor or something.
 
“OH MY GOD INUYASHA! Don't you look absolutely adorable!” she smiled, continuing to snap photos of me like a mad paparazzi.
 
I moaned as I went downstairs, to the kitchen, my mom following me like a stray cat. I sighed with relief as her camera suddenly ran out of film. I sat down on the couch as I looked at my breakfast. Our table was not assembled yet so we have to eat on the family couch. Today for breakfast: Cereal and milk. Nothing special and nothing fancy. I like it like that.
 
“Do we have to eat this?” asked Sesshoumaru as he fiddled with the spoon. He can act childish and mature. He calls it `multi-tasking.' Dad gave him a mean glare. He quickly turned back to his reading, trying his best to translate the kanji characters on the `Tokyo Times.'
 
I quickly swallowed my breakfast and threw the bowl into the sink. “Eager aren't we?” said my dad, giving me a happy smile. Dad always liked me best. Mom always liked Sesshoumaru best. Hey, people have to have favorites. I nodded as I grabbed my backpack, opened the front door, and I headed towards the car. Dad followed me and opened the car doors. I don't know how to drive yet, which sucks ass. How will I bag chicks faster?!
 
Our car isn't really special. It's my dad's friend's old car. It's green, but still sort of new. He let us borrow it while we look for a new one. Our Lexus was still in America. I miss it so much…T.T
 
I set myself in the back seat and threw my backpack next to me. The car's engine started and we were off.
 
“What's the new school I'm going to?” I asked, looking out the car window as we entered the town. “Jusan High,” he answered, keeping his eye on the road and not on me. I sighed. This sucks. At my old school, I knew EVERYONE. Now, I'm here and new. Like a rebirth. But I haven't died yet!
 
As we turned the corner, I noticed my dad was going faster. “Sorry son,” he said. “We have to get there soon because we're late.”
 
I noticed a teenage girl walking on the sidewalk as my dad zoomed by. She had black twin braids that reached down to her waist and she wore the girl uniform for Jusan High. I saw it on the brochure. So many ribbons. The girl shrieked as her blue skirt almost flew up. My face went completely red. Why me? She held it down with her hands as we passed her. I noticed that she looked straight at me.
 
“Sorry!” I shouted from the window as we turned the corner. She looked pretty cute. Hopefully, I'll get to know her soon.
 
Dad parked the car at the front gates of the school. As I exited the car, I noticed three girls staring at me. One had really long black hair. She smiled and waved. She had that `saint-ish' smile…weird… The next one had blonde hair and was…tall. Taller than anyone I've seen in Tokyo. The last one was a dirty blonde. She jumped up and down and waved as well. She was so perky. How was that possible?
 
I glanced at them once, but didn't wave. I guess my body just froze. My dad locked the car doors and led me to the front office.
 
A tall, chubby man greeted me as I entered his office. It was so…dull. His office was all white and small. All that was there were pictures of framed, painted kanji characters. I took a seat across his wooden desk and my dad took off, wishing me good luck. “Good morning Inuyasha,” he said merrily as he engulfed my hand into his as he shook it maniacally up and down. “My name is Mr. Kurohashi. I'm the principal here at Jusan Highschool.”
 
I nodded. “Nice to meet you Mr. Kurohashi,” I answered as he let go of my throbbing hand. He stood up and dug into his gray, metal file cabinet, which seemed to take up the whole office. He went through the folders inside of it and took out a nicely folded piece of paper as a loud bell rang.
 
“This is your schedule…I'll led you too your homeroom and a student will help you with the rest. I would do it myself, but I'm a very busy man.” He handed the paper to me and we walked off to my homeroom: Ms. Yukari, Room number 305. Mr. Kurohashi pretty much dragged me over to Ms. Yukari's class. This is so embarrassing.
 
As we went up another staircase, the 3rd one to be exact, I heard yelling. Really loud, disturbing yelling. I shuddered as I learned that it was coming from Ms. Yukari's room.
 
“Are you ready, Inuyasha?” he asked, holding the door's handle. He said it with so much drama. If you added background music, it would look like an adventure movie. I nodded and he slid the door open.
 
A tall woman looked at us. She had long, brown wavy hair and she wore something a Language Arts teacher would wear. I entered the room with Mr. Kurohashi behind me. The class was so quiet. Everyone was reading a book with their heads right on the surface of the desks.
 
“Ohaiyo Ms. Yukari. Ohaiyo class,” he said with a commanding voice. The whole class stood up, dropping their books onto their desks. “Ohaiyo Kurohashi-san,” they said in unison as they looked at him. I was too busy looking at the cemented floor to notice any faces.
 
“This is Inuyasha. He transferred here from America. We're glad to have him…” was all I got from his mumbling mouth as he dragged me to the center of the class. My heart began to pound faster and faster as Mr. Kurohashi mumbled on and on. Then, Ms. Yukari spoke.
 
“Welcome Inuyasha. Feel free to sit anywhere,” she said with a lazy tone as I looked around the room. One was right here in the way front. I noticed that it was the only seat in the front where it was empty. Probably for a really good reason… There was one in the WAY back next to some kid. He was…tubby. He looked like one of those `food-obsessed' people. They sometimes smell like food and sneak it out too. Not there… Last, was next to where that cute girl for the street sat. She was staring at me with her big pink eyes. I just froze. I noticed my face was completely red as I continued to stare at her.
 
All of a sudden, my feet led me over to the seat next to this girl and I sat down. What the hell?!
 
I noticed that she didn't look at me as I sat down. The light from the window reflected off of her jet black hair. She seemed bored, but her profile was…Wow…
 
“Amimi-chan!” called out the crazy lady who was dubbed my Homeroom teacher. The pretty girl stood up, some fear in her eyes. I began to stare, but, strangely I couldn't take my eyes off her.
 
“You're going to give Inuyasha a tour of the school. You are excused from the next class,” Ms.Yukari muttered. “Including when Minamo-san has the day off…” I could see that she began to make fists out of her hands. The girl who I found out was Amimi looked at me. Her big round eyes began to shimmer as she walked out of the classroom. I ,with a little hesitation, soon followed.