InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Tough Get a Helmet ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of its characters.
Flames welcome.


Life's Tough Get a Helmet
By: Miyukyshan


Epilogue

Everyone in the audience watched, captivated, as Rin sat up and stretched her arms high over her head and arched her back as if waking from a long sleep. She looked around in a daze and smiled upon seeing one of her fellow students.

“O comfortable friar! Where is my lord? I do remember well where I should be, and there I am. Where is my Romeo?” she asked sweetly.

The boy playing the friar looked around nervously as some noise rattled off stage. “I hear some noise. Lady, come from that nest of death, contagion, and unnatural sleep. A greater power than we can contradict hath thwarted our intents. Come, come away. Thy husband in thy bosom there lies dead; and Paris too. Come, I'll dispose of thee among a sisterhood of holy nuns. Stay not to question, for the watch is coming. Come, go, good Juliet.” Some more rattling went on off stage and the boy jumped. “I dare no longer stay.”

Rin looked heart-broken as she stared down at the dog demon strewn across her lap. She pressed the back of her hand to her mouth and choked on a sob. “Go, get thee hence, for I will not away,” she cried out.

The boy ran from her and smiled at his fellow students once he was out of eyesight of the audience.

Rin located a cup in Sesshomaru’s hand and plucked it out. “What's here? A cup, closed in my true love's hand? Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end.” Rin then put the cup to her lips and tilted it back, intent on getting even a drop from the empty goblet. “O churl! drunk all, and left no friendly drop to help me after? I will kiss thy lips. Haply some poison yet doth hang on them, to make die with a restorative.”

Sesshomaru sighed against her lips when she made contact, trying his best not to press his more firmly against her soft ones.

Rin stifled a giggle and pulled back, running a slender finger over his full mouth. “Thy lips are warm.”

A man’s voice sounded from behind the curtain and Rin looked up, frightened.

“Lead, boy, which way?” the man’s voice echoed.

Rin turned desperately to Sesshomaru and searched his shirt and pants. “Yea, noise? then I'll be brief. O happy dagger!” She pulled the fake knife from Sesshomaru’s pocket and pressed it to her chest. “This is thy sheath,” she cried before pressing the collapsible tip against her heart. It pinched her skin and she made a guttural sound to emphasize her pain. “There rust, and let me die,” she yelled in one final, heart-broken moan before falling over Sesshomaru’s body and trying her best to make it look like she wasn’t breathing.

The next few lines were drowned out by a huge wave of applause and Rin and Sesshomaru did their best to stay perfectly still throughout the rest of the play. When it was finally over they walked to the front of the stage together, hands clasped, and bowed before the cheering crowd. Rin located B and her favorite cook sitting with Sesshomaru’s family and waved excitedly. Her Oba was sobbing into a tissue and B was rubbing soothing circles on her back. When Rin and Sesshomaru were finally able to leave the stage and change, Rin ran to her strange family and let herself be wrapped up in an embrace.

“Oh Rin! You were born to act. That was wonderful,” Oba said, starting to cry all over again.

Rin laughed and comforted the portly woman before hugging B and turning her attention to Izayoi and Inutaisho. The great dog demon and his mate fussed over her and Sesshomaru and promised them a celebratory feast back at their mansion. Rin smiled and thanked them both before giving Sesshomaru a mischievous glance. Sesshomaru grinned down at her and grabbed her hand to pull her away from the overwhelming sea of people. Their drama teacher was sobbing uncontrollably in a corner claiming that to be the best rendition of Shakespeare’s play ever put on. The happy couple laughed at their overzealous teacher and made their way to the exit, only to be stopped by Sango, Miroku, Kagome and Inuyasha.

Rin elbowed Sesshomaru in the ribs when he growled at her friends and put on a sweet smile.

“Rin, that was wonderful. I had no idea you were so good at acting,” Sango said.

“Perhaps you should pursue an acting career, Rinny,” Miroku chimed in.

“Seriously, you guys. You know I want to be a vet so stop teasing,” Rin giggled from Sesshomaru’s side.

Inuyasha stepped forward with Kagome on his arm and grinned at them.

“Didn’t think you had it in you, Sesshomaru,” he began, but a warning growl from his older brother made him shut his mouth and just smirk. Inuyasha knew he could tease Sesshomaru for years about the surprising skill with which he acted. He could be patient, for now.

Kagome stepped forward and hugged Rin, handing her a huge bouquet of flowers the whole group had pitched in to buy.

“Kags, they’re beautiful! Thanks everyone. It really means a lot to us that you came tonight,” Rin said.

Sesshomaru fidgeted beside her and a look passed between him and Inuyasha. He was relieved when Inuyasha caught his meaning and proceeded to drag a reluctant Kagome away from them. Sango and Miroku were a little more difficult.

“Rin, we need to get going,” he pushed, hoping he wouldn’t get a scolding for being so impatient.

Luckily for him, Rin seemed to be as much in the mood as he was and finally managed to tear away from her clingy friends. Sesshomaru smiled down at her and cast a glance at the laced fingers of her two friends.

“I see Sango finally caved against Miroku’s… charms,” he murmured.

Rin laughed and wrapped her arms around his bicep. “About time, too. It’s nice going on double dates with Kags and Inu, but a triple date would really be fun.”

Sesshomaru crinkled his nose at the idea, making the slender woman beneath him giggle. Once they were free from the auditorium, they turned down a few hallways to get away from straying parents and students. Sesshomaru’s hand moved to drape over her hip and he grasped at the skin greedily before pushing her into a closet. Rin gasped in surprise at the sudden darkness but soon moaned against the onslaught of Sesshomaru’s mouth. His lips devoured hers hungrily and she shivered in his arms. She made a low whining noise in the back of her throat when he broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against hers. His breathing was already heavy from his restraint.

“Have you thought about what I said?” he whispered huskily.

Rin swallowed and nodded. “Yes. I want to be your mate. But I want to wait until I graduate from college. Or at least until I’m twenty-one.”

“That’s reasonable,” Sesshomaru chuckled before moving his mouth over hers again.

Rin moaned against him and let him push her against the door, legs wrapped firmly around his hips as he suckled and nipped at her neck.

“S-Sess, Sesshomaru,” she groaned as his hips crushed into hers.

“Mmm, why won’t you move into our mansion again?” he whispered as he licked her pulse.

Rin gasped and ran her hands over his chest and shoulders. “You know why. I can’t leave Oba and B.”

“They can come work for us,” he growled before capturing her lips in a heated kiss.

Rin felt her world dissolve away as he explored her mouth and caressed the soft flesh of her stomach with the pad of his thumb. “It’s not proper,” she gasped out.

“Neither is dry humping in the broom closet,” Sesshomaru snickered against her throat.

Rin slapped him gently on the shoulder and dropped her legs. Sesshomaru pouted at the break of contact but released her. His little Rin was still a virgin and he had no intention of pushing his future mate faster than she was willing to go. Rin sensed his disappointment and kissed him deeply before exiting the closet. Sesshomaru sighed and wrapped his arm back around her waist.

“So have you all settled in that little house?” he asked.

“Yes, it’s nice. It doesn’t feel any different, except for the constant abuse thing. But Oba and B were always like my guardians so it just feels right.”

Sesshomaru looked down at Rin and frowned when she sighed. He squeezed her hip and she brushed him off.

“It’s nothing. I just feel sorta bad selling the house. But I couldn’t stay there. Not after everything that happened.”

“I think you made the right decision. That place was too big for three people.”

Rin nodded her agreement and smiled. “Everything’s turned out the way it should be. A small house with Oba and B, no more living in fear, and a future to look forward to with you.”

Sesshomaru stopped and gathered Rin in his arms before brushing his lips over hers. “I’ll never let anyone hurt you again, Rin. I promise as your mate I will protect you.”

Rin closed her eyes and breathed him in. This was how it should have been all along.

Sesshomaru’s parents appeared out of the hallway and called to them, Rin’s new guardians in tow. Rin’s face lit up and she grabbed Sesshomaru’s hand, feeling happier and more complete than she ever had as she left the school with her new family.