InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Nature Rock ❯ MNR - Miroku ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apology: Elvis Costello who sings "She" and of course RT

Format: Song Lyrics – Bold

Format: Thoughts - Italics

Please insert Standard Disclaimer from Chapter 1 here.

Mother Nature Rock – 9 – Miroku

 

Earrings jingled as Mother Nature pushed Miroku to sit on the rock next to Kagome. "Behave!" she admonished before heading back to the remaining females and males.

"Miroku?"

He turned to look at Kagome, his gaze moving over her face to her lips, and his fingers itched, "Yes Kagome?"

"Why has Sango been crying?" she looked up into his face.

He removed his hand and quickly used it to scratch the back of his neck," Umm, well"

Kagome's brow arched, "then answer me one question"

"If I can," Miroku's hand dropped

"Do you love her?"

Miroku's eyes searched for and stayed on the lithe figured demon slayer, "I don't know, what does love feel like Kagome?" his gaze moved back to the woman he loved as a little sister.

She placed her hand on his and softly asked, "tell me what you feel Miroku."

His gaze followed Sango as he tried to do as Kagome asked; his voice a hushed whisper, "She may be the face I can't forget, a trace of pleasure or regret. May be my treasure or the price I have to pay. She may be the song that summer sings, may be the chill that autumn brings, nay be a hundred different things within the measure of the day."

Stunned Kagome watched his face soften as he continued to whisper while watching Sango, "She may be the beauty or the beast may be the famine or the feast may turn each day into a heaven or a hell . She may be the mirror of my dreams a smile reflected in a stream she may not be what she may seem inside her shell "

Kagome gasped at the raw emotion on the monk's face as he watched the woman he was speaking of; feeling Kagome's stare he turned back, crimson staining his cheeks, before his gaze drifted back to the object of his now very obvious affections, "She who always seems so happy in a crowd whose eyes can be so private and so proud no one's allowed to see them when they cry. She may be the love that can not hope to last may come to me from shadows of the past that I remember till the day I die"

His voice faltered as he confessed the last in barely a whisper to the young girl before him, "She may be the reason I survive the why and where for I'm alive the one I'll care for through the rough and rainy years. Me I'll take her laughter and her tears and make them all my souvenirs for where she goes I got to be the meaning of my life is She, she, she"

Kagome's eyes filled with tears as she hugged the monk then pulled back to study him, "Oh Miroku, why don't you ever tell her these things?"

He searched Kagome's eyes as she whispered, "You love her, you big dummy."

She kissed his cheek, brushed at the tears on hers then straightened. "You need to tell her"

He played with the material of his robe, "but what if she doesn't feel the same? I've not given her any reason to."

Kagome smiled softly, "You big faker!"

Miroku huffed.

"You act so knowledgeable but you are as blind as a bat" she leaned over and nudged him, "every five seconds she looks at you, worrying her bottom lip and blushing. The woman is mad for you."

A smile teased at the corner of Miroku's lips at the news. "Just tell her you love her, she will never know unless you do."

She added for good measure, "And keep your hands to yourself!"

Miroku pulled back on the hand inching its way toward the curvaceous backside in front of him and laughed.

Across the spring, Inuyasha stared at the sky and thought about what Miroku had said about Sango, it was how he felt about Kagome.

"Sesshoumaru", Mother Nature called.

The tall elegantly beautiful man rose gracefully and stopped by his brother, "wish me luck?"

Inuyasha growled low and loudly as Sesshoumaru moved across the grass toward Kagome.

 

xx

x