InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Wing & a Prayer ❯ The Flower of Carnage ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[A/N: Hello. This is fictionqueen1 speaking. I would just like to sincerely thank you all for the reviews and for being so supportive. Thanks, and of course, keep them coming!]

Part III: The Flower of Carnage

Gina limped out of the room, seeing the look on Sesshomaru's face change. She could virtually see his patience wearing thin. "You…" she started, "You were able to defeat that demon, so I want you to teach me how to wield a blade." He raised a silver eyebrow as she walked closer. "And what exactly makes you think that I'll do that?" he asked sarcastically.

Gina scowled a little. "Because…it is an order from a royal princess," she said cynically. He chuckled acerbically. "What exactly makes you think that I'll listen to you?" he demanded. Gina scratched her chin a little. "Would you teach me if it would get me out of here sooner?" she asked. He thought for a moment. In the short time she had been in his company, she had been quite obnoxious. "Alright," the taiyoukai started, giving a large and extremely annoyed sigh, "Fine. I'll teach you to fight."

With this answer, Gina's face lit up. She could not believe he had actually agreed to train her in the ways of the blade. Actually, what she had expected was to be beaten into a bloody pulp. He probably just doesn't want to get blood all over his fancy clothes and in his nice hair. Gina smirked a little at the thought. He probably was that shallow. He's as shallow as a puddle after a drizzle, she thought blasphemously, her smirk growing. That's when Sesshomaru noticed the cynical grin.

"What are you smiling about?" he demanded harshly. Gina quickly flashed her princess smile and came up with something polite to say. "I am simply happy that you have found it in your heart to teach me the way of the sword, milord," she said. He simply smirked sarcastically, barring a ferocious fang, and walked off.

Gina eyed him harshly as he walked off. Se hated being there. She just wanted to go home. She wanted to see her mother and brother. And she wanted to get married. Kurai was so perfect for her…she just felt like holding him close forever. But she didn't even know if she would ever even hear his name spoken again at this point. She didn't even know if she'd hear anyone call her Princess Nobunaga Gina again. As she felt tears well in her eyes, she stopped her train of depressing thoughts. She would get home and nothing would stop her. Not even that stuck-up demon called Lord Sesshomaru…

But, what she didn't know was that Sesshomaru had the acute hearing of a dog, and also that she had thought the last part aloud. "Stuck-up, am I?" he asked, his voice like acid. Gina slowly turned, gazing up at his menacing face. "H-hey…" she started. He snarled a little, but his rage quickly passed, and he handed her a wooden sword. "Let's get started, shall we?"

Gina, not wanting to offend her savage host any more than she had, quickly took the practice blade. He turned and began walking silently away. Gina figured that he was simply going outside. She simply stood still for a moment, awkwardly gripping the wooden toy in her hands. She didn't even know how to hold one of these things, and yet she had convinced herself that she could master it, still injured, in one day. But, returning to the real world, she looked around, the demon lord was gone! She looked both ways, vaguely remembering which way he had gone. Following the path she believed to be right, she ran down the cavernous hall, her fake sword near her chest as though she would bludgeon anyone who happened upon her.

About five minutes later, though, she found Sesshomaru, in an isolated, barren section of courtyard, looking quite desperate to get this experience over with and the weak human out of his hair. She slowly took a step outside, and he turned, glaring fiercely at her. "Well," he said, scowling, "It took you long enough. Still suffering from your wounds, you weak little ningen?" Gina's eyes fell down to the ground, her cheeks turning a bit red. While she was looking down, Sesshomaru raised his wooden practice blade, and swung it at her head.

Hearing the fake blade flying toward her, she looked up, and awkwardly raised her own sword. As the wooden toy drew closer, she let out a huge scream, so loud and high-pitched that he stopped, wincing in annoyance and pain. Gina opened a single eyes, looking at the short proximity between the false blade and her head, gaping. "You…you were actually going to hurt me, weren't you!?" she demanded frantically.

Sesshomaru simply glared fiercely at her. "It would have been nice top have you out cold again…" he growled under his breath, snarling terribly. She raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me, what was that?" she asked, a cold politeness about her. "Nothing. I was just thinking of how you want to learn to use a sword, and yet you can't even hold one properly. You have never even thought twice of being trained, have you?" he asked, his voice like acid. "W-well…no, not really…"

Sesshomaru grabbed the practice sword from her and threw the both of them in the corner of the dust-worn garden. "We'll start this tomorrow. I have much too much of a headache right now." And with that, he walked off, leaving Gina there alone. The young princess simply made a face.

Take a chill pill, dude…