InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Past Mind, Present Body ❯ Fun at the Park ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: A Little Fun at the Park!
 
Kagome, Kit, and Yash were playing at the park. Kit was going down the slide and Kagome and Yash were watching her while they sat on the swings.
 
“The swings were always my favorite part on the playground,” Kagome commented as she tried to get herself to swing.
 
Yash laughed when she almost fell backwards from leaning back too much. He stood up and went behind her, so he could give her a push. “Why were they your favorite? They seem kinda dangerous to me,” Yash said.
 
“Well the best part is when you get as high as you can go and then jump off to see how far you land,” Kagome explained as Yash pushed her higher and higher. Yash walked around to the front of the swings and watched as Kagome tried to swing higher by herself.
 
Kit ran over to the scene and giggled, “Look at Mama go!” Kit had taken up the liberty of calling Kagome and Yash Mama and Papa. Even though they couldn't adopt her she still thought of them as her parents.
 
“Watch out guys, I'm gonna try to jump now!” Kagome called out. Yash pulled Kit over to the right side and out of the way of Kagome's landing space.
 
Kagome got her body ready and when she was at her highest point she jumped off of the seat. She flew through the air and did a rolling landing. Kagome rolled all the way to the grass and she burst out laughing when she stopped on her back, looking up at the light blue sky.
 
Yash and Kit ran over to her and started laughing with her.
 
“That was so much fun! It's been a while since I've done that,” Kagome said. Yash laid down next to her and put his head next to Kagome's.
 
“You looked like you were going to die when you jumped off of that seat,” Yash laughed.
 
“That was great Mama! Will you show me how to do that?” Kit asked.
 
“I will show you another day, Kit. I'm a little tired right now,” Kagome promised.
 
Kit sat down on Yash's stomach and said, “You have a hard tummy Papa.”
 
“Yeah, well, in about twenty years it will become soft and round,” Yash joked.
 
Kagome turned her head to look at Yash and asked, “Do you think we'll always be this close? Will we always be this in love with each other?”
 
“Of course. I don't plan on leaving you anytime soon. When I leave you it'll be a cold day in July,” Yash smiled.
 
“You stole that line from that Dixie Chicks song!” Kagome said.
 
“But it's true,” Yash said.
 
“You know that song is about a man leaving his girlfriend, so the girl feels like it's a cold day in July,” Kagome stated.
 
“Oh, well that shows me how much I listen to music. But the point is that I'm not going to leave you anytime soon,” Yash said.
 
“What about me Papa?” Kit asked.
 
“Of course you'll be with us all the time. Once we graduate and get jobs we'll back to adopt you if you haven't already been adopted, okay? I promise you that,” Yash said.
 
“Really? Then I won't get adopted until you guys come get me!” Kit smiled as she ran off to play some more on the slides.
 
“She's such a sweet girl,” Kagome sighed.
 
“She reminds me of you,” Yash simply stated.
 
Kagome sat up and gave Yash a questioning look.
 
“I mean her personality and stuff. She's outgoing, brave, sweet, and determined, just like you,” he clarified.
 
“I guess I see your point. Hopefully she'll be able to find a guy like you to protect her when she gets older,” Kagome smiled.
 
“She doesn't need any guy trying to break her heart. She'll be fine on her own. Guys are nothing but trouble,” Yash growled.
 
“Fatherly instincts kicking in already? Come on, you know as well as I do that she's going to want to start dating and wearing make-up to impress the boys. She's a girl and that's what we do. We look for love and hope we find it,” Kagome said.
 
“Well now that you've found me what do you plan on doing?” Yash asked.
 
“What makes you think it's you?” Kagome asked in a joking manner. Apparently Yash didn't think it was a very funny look because he sat up with a hurt look on his face. He looked like a little kid who just had his puppy kicked.
 
“I was joking, Yash. Haha, it's supposed to be funny,” Kagome said.
 
“It wasn't very funny to me,” Yash said, pouting like a little boy.
 
“Awww, is my Yashy-kun hurt?” Kagome asked in a baby voice. Suddenly a hand tangled itself in her hair and pushed her head forward. Lips crashed against hers and her eyes grew wide at the abrupt surprise Yash had decided to give her.
 
Yash backed away from her and asked, “Do you want to go on a date tonight?”
 
This was going to be their first date in two months. “Of course, where do you want to go?” Kagome asked.
 
“I heard there was a new place in downtown Tokyo where we could go eat?” Yash asked.
 
“Okay, I'd like that,” Kagome smiled and connected her lips with his again.
 
A couple of women walked by the couple and one said in disgust, “They shouldn't do that in public. Little kids play out here.”
 
“I think it's cute. My husband and I used to do PDA all the time when we were in high school,” the other woman said.
 
Kagome backed away from Yash and blushed a bit at what the women had said. She looked over and saw them sitting on a bench staring at her and Yash.
 
Yash smirked and asked, “Want to give them a real show?”
 
Kagome looked at him shocked as they began to kiss yet again.
 
`Oh you filthy-minded boy. I love you.' That was Kagome's last thought as the kiss deepened and she felt Yash's hand crawl up her shirt. His hand drew circles all over her back and stomach.
 
Yash didn't go any higher, knowing that this wasn't the place to do anything extreme. He broke the kiss and latched on to her pulse point. He gently nibbled on it and then looked at the two women with a devilish look in his eyes. The women blushed a dark red before leaving.
 
Yash backed away from Kagome completely and smiled perversely at her. He looked down at her neck and said, “Oops, that's going to leave a mark.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened and she smacked Yash upside the head. “You gave me a hickey? Man, you are so dead when we get home!” Kagome exclaimed, making some parents look over at her.
 
“I gotta leave my mark on you somehow, don't I?” Yash asked rubbing the side of his head while laughing.
 
“Just wait till we get home. You better be glad your stitches are out or I would've ripped them out,” Kagome snapped. Yash visibly flinched and knew that he was going to get it when they went back to the apartment. Maybe he could sweet-talk his out of it?
 
~*~*~
 
Kagome laid down on her bed and sighed. She curled up into a little ball to keep warm during the night, since she tended to kick the covers off. She closed her eyes and was about to go to sleep when her door opened.
 
Yash's black figure walked into the room and closed the door behind him. He walked over to the bed and Kagome sat up.
 
“What's going on?” Kagome asked.
 
“I was cold so I came in here hoping you'd be so kind as to warm me up,” Yash smiled.
 
Kagome scooted over some and let Yash lay down next to her. It was a tight fit, but they managed to both get on.
 
“If we are going to be doing this more often we need a bigger bed,” Kagome stated.
 
“I'll move my bed in here tomorrow and we can put them together. Problem solved,” Yash said.
 
“Good night Yash, I love you,” Kagome whispered before drifting off to sleep.
 
“I love you too Kagome. See you in the morning,” Yash said and watched her sleep for a couple of minutes.
 
So much has happened in these past six months, but Yash knew that from now on things could only get better. They had learned to trust each other no matter what happened and to always deal with their problems as soon as possible or they could come back to haunt you. But right now, things were all right.
 
I guess there are something's that were just meant to happen.
 
THE END!