InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Scar Tissue ❯ Our Home ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm SOOOOOO sorry…it's been a damn YEAR since I wrote….GOMEN NASAI MINNA!!!! I just finished my freshmen year of high school…I was sooo busy all year that this break was more than welcomed….Anyways…Chapter 3 is up because I have too much time on my hands and need to be spending it writing. Forgive me once again!!!! SORRY!!! Ok….let's get this started again…

Disclaimer: Not mine…never was…..unless I strike oil…never will be…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Chapter 3: Our Home

 

 

Kagome awoke to a delicious odor floating into the bedroom. She pushed herself from under the covers to find InuYasha missing. She looked quickly around the bedroom for his silver form with fuzzy ears, but found no sight of him.

Jarring her out of her search, InuYasha's voice came in from some unknown room in the apartment.

"If you're not already awake, get your ass up. Breakfast is almost ready and I'm not waiting for you."

Kagome smiled as she jumped from under the covers and walked towards the bedroom door. Upon opening it she was met with a long hallway of doors. At the end of the hall was a large library. Still in shock from the largeness of just his hallway, she cautiously made her way to the staircase in front of her.

"Down here," InuYasha called from the bottom of the stairs.

She followed him through a number of other rooms and into a large, elaborate dining room. The room followed suit bathed in crimson with gold trim. Kagome took a seat in one of the plushy crimson chairs at the table. She noticed the table was already set as InuYasha brought out a few more dishes. Taking the seat across from her, he grabbed the handle of a white jar and poured a steaming, dark liquid into a cup.

"You like coffee, right?", he asked as he held the cup out to her.

"Yeah! You wouldn't happen to have any sugar would you?"

"Sugar? What is this magical thing you speak of?", he grinned sarcastically as he passed her a small bowl of sugar and a spoon.

InuYasha watched in mild amusement as Kagome heaped in spoonful after spoonful of sugar into her small cup. She looked up at him as she felt his eyes on her,

"What? I like sugar in my coffee."

"I think you prefer the coffee with your sugar." InuYasha grinned as he handed a plate of pancakes to her. Looking at the plate in from of her and the smell wafting up from it reminded Kagome just how hungry she really was.

"Wow! I haven't had a full meal in days!"

InuYasha regarded the drooling girl with a smirk, "Go ahead. There's plenty." He handed her a glass of juice and a plate of toast.

"Arigatou!", she shouted as she poured syrup over the pancakes and began to tear them apart. InuYasha smiled as he held another plate towards her.

"Want some eggs?"

Kagome nodded, her mouth to full for her to speak. InuYasha laid the plate down and snatched back his hand as fast as he could. He swore to himself if he were any slower, he'd be missing a hand. He then started on his meal once he was sure Kagome was taken care of.

***

"Wow! That was great!", Kagome exclaimed as she stretched lazily in her seat. InuYasha smiled as he got up to clear the table.

"I'll help."

Kagome stood and started piling empty dishes on top of each other and followed him into the kitchen. "You know. I used to be a waitress once and it was always……..WOW!"

She almost dropped the dishes in her hands as she took in the shiny chrome kitchen.

"Does everything draw out that reaction from you?", InuYasha asked as he took the dishes from her hands.

"You seem to forget what I do for a living."

"Oh how could I forget.", he replied coyly as he led her into the living room.

She immediately snuggled into the soft crimson couch and made herself comfy among the throw pillows.

"Relax and make yourself comfortable. I'll be back later this afternoon."

"What?!?! Where are you going?!?!", she turned around quickly on the couch to face him as he began throwing papers into a small briefcase.

"I have a job ya know. And if I intend on feeding you three times everyday, I might wanna start tryin' to get there on time for a change." InuYasha saw the down-trodden look on her face and felt a tug in his stomach. "Hey! Don't look like that. I'm comin' back. Besides, you have the whole house to yourself. Just don't break anything.", he gave he a cocky grin as he slung his briefcase over his shoulder with one arm.

"But what if Sesshoumaru shows up?"

"Don't worry about that. He'll be with me all day. He's head of the corp. You should know that unless you don't do your homework on the people you rob."

Kagome stuck her tongue out at him and began pouting as she turned back around on the couch.

"So lady-like.", InuYasha teased as he threw her the remote. "Entertain yourself with whatever. I'll be back later and we'll have dinner. If you get hungry, you know where the kitchen is. Ja." With that, he walked out the door and shut it behind him.

Kagome heard a click from the other side of the door, alerting that InuYasha had locked the door behind him.

She sat staring at the blank television screen. She refused to touch the remote until he left and even after she couldn't bring herself to grab it yet. Kagome decided that she would let curiosity lead as she found herself wandering through InuYasha's extremely large crimson apartment. Each room was decorated in various shades of deep red and gold. Hints of silver could be seen here and there in different rooms.

'His house reminds me of him.' Kagome giggled as she thought of him and compared him to his décor. Red, gold, and silver. His clothes, eyes, and hair. 'Not to mention those adorable ears atop his head.'

Growing up, her grandfather taught her to fear demons. That they weren't to be trusted or even talked to. Her mother ,on the other hand, held an acceptance for demons and told her that people like her grandfather were the reason demons were the way they were now. Derrick taught her how to talk her way out of confrontations with certain types of demons, but she was never able to fully rasp the concept. She actually thought from time to time that Derrick was a demon himself. But she never let on to her thoughts when in his presence.

Kagome smiled as she walked from room to room. It was good to get away from Derrick and her shabby little apartment. The feel of clean, luxurious carpet beneath her feet was magical. Even her carpets back home never felt this good. She liked it here with InuYasha better than anywhere else she had been. Not just because of the sense of financial security that filled the apartment, warm dry beds, and as much food as she wanted, but she found herself, strangely, more content in InuYasha's presence. He gave off a very comforting and warm air around him, and from what she heard, he wasn't that way towards everyone. She felt special with that knowledge. And maybe it was just his ears, but she found him cute in a way. Kagome ignored that last thought as she continued to roam through the house.

After searching through all the rooms and not finding anything that caught her attention, she curled onto the couch to watch T.V., only to fall asleep half an hour later. She smiled as she found herself dreaming of pancakes and puppy ears.

~~~

InuYasha sighed as he unlocked the door to his home.

"Just sit them over there.", he directed to the doorman. The doorman placed the bags where InuYasha specified and waited for his tip by the door.

"Arigatou.", the man bowed and turned to leave. InuYasha bowed in return as he closed the door behind the retreating man. He turned around to survey his work. Ten bags of clothes and other feminine necessities occupied the once empty spot next to his staircase.

'Maybe it was a lil' much..', InuYasha thought as he stared at the bags before him. 'I don't even know how long she wants to stay….I mean…how long I'm going to keep her.' He dismissed the thought as he noticed his television was turned on loudly to some annoying cartoon. He peeked over the back of the cough to see a sleeping Kagome snuggled comfortably among the pillows. He smiled slightly as he removed her hand from it's place around the remote and turned off the T.V.

"Kagome. Kagome wake up.", he whispered while lightly shaking her, "Kagome. I bought you a present."

Her eyes opened slowly and just started to regain focus, when out of nowhere Kagome reeled back and punched InuYasha in the face.

"What the?!?!" InuYasha yelled as he stumbled backwards clutching his jaw.

"Hn? What happened? OH!" Kagome screamed as she jumped off the couch to join InuYasha on the floor.

"Oh! Gomen Nasai. It's a habit. Gomen, gomen."

"Ikara. I'm alright. It didn't hurt…just kinda caught me off guard." Inuyasha touched his fingers to his lips, relieved to find no sight of blood on his hands, "Anyway," he started as he began to raise himself off the ground, bringing Kagome with him, "I got you a few things." He pointed to the mound of bags near the stairs.

Kagome's eyes grew wide as she made her way over to the bags. "All for me?" she asked as she began to go through each bag one by one.

"Yeah. It's not much, but I couldn't have you running around in my old shirts and boxers as long as you’re here.", InuYasha smiled at her happiness. He couldn't explain it, but seeing her happy made him happy as well. He shook off the thoughts as he saw her face fall.

"Umm…about that. How long, exactly, are you letting me stay here?", she looked up at him, her eyes held slight worried in the abyss of the dark pools.

"As long as you want.", he paused, "Well..at least as long as you want to stay with me."

He watched as the worried look in her eyes disappeared and was replaced with happiness and a smile spreading across her features. His own anxiety seemed to fade as she jumped on him in what he supposed was supposed to be a hug.

"Of course I'll stay here with you."

InuYasha turned away with a blush, "Well…umm….believe it or not, in this big house I don't exactly have a guest room so….you'll still have to sleep in my bed………..with me."

Kagome's smile got even bigger as he tried to hid his reddening cheeks, "Okay! I think we did just fine last night. But what about Sesshoumaru?"

"I'll take care of it. Don't worry about it. Want some help?", he asked as he lifted up some of the bags he brought for her.

"Oh sure.", Kagome said as she picked up the two bags he left for her to carry.

As she followed him up the stairs to their room she couldn't help but notice her erratic heartbeat.

'He just asked me to stay with him, right? Then why do I feel like he just proposed to me?'