InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ School Days ❯ Pain ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS CHAPTER.
#5PAIN
It was break time and, Misaki was in the library. She had just finished with a student council meeting. She was sitting at a table with about five books laying in front of her. She was flipping through pages and taking notes. Suddenly a cup was placed in front of her. She looked up and saw Kai.
"Here's some tea. Maybe you should take a break and go have some lunch." She was quiet and continued working. He sighed, and shut the book she was looking in.
"What was that for?" She said frowning.
He sat down, "You have your hands full being president, and you're always pushing yourself. Just take a break, Misaki."
"I don't deserve a break. I have to keep my head in the game becauseI ampresident."
"But you're always pushing yourself. You're doing just fine."
"I am not doing good enough." She opened her book and continued taking notes. Kai sighed and pushed the cup of tea a little closer to her. She glared at him. She sighed and sipped it. He gave a small smile.
He sat there for the remainder of the break with her. She looked up at him, "I'm pretty sure you're bored."
He shook his head, "Just keeping an eye on you." She raised an eyebrow, but continued to study. Kai frowned;I really hope he doesn't try anything. He said he wouldn't if I kept my mouth shut.

Inuyasha was walking down the street. He was on his way to the store. He had some things he needed to get. He walked into the store and went into one of the isles. He went to go grab a box of cereal when he noticed someone. The person noticed him and stared. He stared back.Kikyo.
The said person put a box into her shopping basket and walked over to him. There was a silence between them for a moment. Inuyasha put his head down and rubbed the back of his head. "How ya been?" he asked with his head still down.
She smiled, "I am alright." He lifted his head back up. His eyes wandered to her shopping basket. "Seems like a lot. Are you walking home with all of that?" He asked.
She looked at her basket and then back up to Inuyasha. "Yes, I guess so."
"I'll walk you home and carry the bags for you if you want."
She smiled, "Sure, that'll be nice. Is that all you're getting?"
He looked at the box of cereal in his hand and at the roll of toilet paper in the other. "Yeah, I guess so."
She walked over to the check out and he followed. They both paid for their items and left the store. He took the couple of bags from Kikyo. "Thank you." She said. They began walking to Kikyo's house.
After walking for a few minutes Kikyo spoke, "So are you still doing the same things as before?"
Inuyasha looked at her. "Yeah," he answered as he turned his gaze to the ground.
"I see...Is there someone new in your life?"
He looked at her briefly, "What do you mean?"
She gave a small laugh, "Inuyasha, don't play dumb."
"Well I've been hanging out with this girl-"
"Do you like her?"
He paused for a moment. "Yeah."
They stopped. They were now in front of Kikyo's home. She turned to face him, "Thanks for walking me." She went up to him and grabbed her bags. She stared at him for a little while.
"What?" He asked.
"I wonder do you miss me at times?"
His eyes widened. "Of course! Don't be stupid."
She gave a sad smile. She motioned her face closer to his. "One last kiss. A sweet goodbye."

Kagome was walking home from school. She was a little behind schedule because she decided to go to the store and get some snacks. She couldn't decide what to pick, and spent at least a half hour in there. She was walking and eating a bag of chips. She stumbled over a small stone on the ground causing her to drop her bag.
She stared at the bag on the ground and sighed. She bent down to pick it up. As she was picking it up she just so happened to look across the street. She seen Inuyasha and some girl kissing. At that moment she felt her heart drop. She dropped the bag she just picked up.
She felt tears threaten her eyes. She couldn't take it. She began to run home. She ran all the way home. Once she got there she ran inside without speaking to any one. She ran up the stairs to her bed room. She entered her bedroom and slammed the door behind her.
She threw herself onto her bed and placed her face into her pillow. She began to cry.Why did I have to start liking him? Why?continued crying.I should just forget about him all together.
Kikyo was walking up her steps. Inuyasha still stood in front of her house. She turned around. "I'm pretty sure who ever the girl is that you like, likes you back." she then turned back around and walked into her home.
Inuyasha watched until she was safely inside. His phone then rang. He looked at it, but didn't recognize the number. He decided to answer anyway. "Hello...Oh hey old lady. What is it that you want?" There was a long pause as he listened. His eyes widened and he almost dropped his phone.
"Alright, I'll be right there." He hung up and quickly texted some one. He then ran off. He continued running until he reached a hospital. He ran inside the hospital and went over to the desk clerk. "I need to know what room Momoko is in!"
"Calm down sir. I will look that up for you right now." Inuyasha started to tap his foot and the desk with his finger. The clerk spoke, "Room 42B on the third floor."
Without hesitation Inuyasha ran off. He didn't bother taking the elevator; he went to the staircase and ran up them. He continued to run until he reached the room he was searching for. Once he reached it he stopped. He panted and opened the door.
He stepped inside. Once inside all he saw was Kaede and Momoko laying in bed. She had on a nasal tube and was hooked up to a cardiac monitor. "What the hell happened, Aunt Momoko?"
"She had severe shortness of breath and had to be hospitalized. Luckily I was with her at the time." Kaede spoke before Momoko could.
"Are you going to be alright?" Inuyasha asked.
Momoko gave a sad smile. "I don't know...I was diagnosed with lung cancer."
There was a silence. Inuyasha's eyes widened. "How did you get lung cancer? You don't smoke you don't-"
"Things just happen."
He balled his fist up and gritted his teeth. "I don't want to hear that BULL SHIT. Is there any way to get you better." Momoko was silent. "Well is there!"
"There's some, but I don't think I can go through with them."
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN-"
"Well like all procedures, dealing with cancer, they're risky and I can't-"
"I don't want to hear that! I already lost my mother and you're the closest thing I have to her. I cannot loose you too! You and Misaki are the only family I have left."
Momoko fell silent and frowned. Misaki then walked into the room. She was panting. She looked around. "What's going on?" Inuyasha faced her and explained everything.
Once he was finished tears threatened Misaki's eyes, but she fought them back. "Mom, you don't think you can go through with them? Why?" She said with her head down.
"Sweetie it's risky, and besides those procedures are very expensive. We don't have the best insurance and I sure can't afford it."
Misaki shook her head, "No," Her voice was cracked.
"With regular doctor visits I can cope with it."
"But you already cough so much and I seen blood, Mom." Misaki said with a shaky voice. "I wish you'd just get treatment. Please, Mom."
Momoko remained silent and frowned. Tears rolled down Misaki's face. She turned around and ran out of the room. Inuyasha was about to run after her, but was stopped by Kaede. "Let the child be. She probably needs some time alone."
Misaki ran out of the hospital. She continued to run. She didn't no where she was running to, but continued to run. After seven minutes of running Misaki stopped. She put her back against a wall and slid down it. She started to cry. She gripped both sides of her head and cried harder as a car drove in front of her playingWithout you.
I can't live if living is without you..
She placed her head into her knees.
I can't live I can't give anymore..
She cried louder.
I can't live if living is without you..
She started to scream.
I can't live I can't give anymore..
She bit her lip trying to silence herself.

Bankotsu was walking into an alley way by his apartment building. He walked over to two guys sitting by trash cans. He looked down at them and they looked up. One of the guys put his hands out, "D-di-did you get the stuff. Did you get the stuff for us man." He said. His hands were trembling.
Bankotsu took a small bag out of his pocket. He held it over them. They looked at it with hungry eyes. He was reaching to hand it to them. As soon as they were bout to grab it he snatched it back up. "Do you have the money?"
The other guy went into his jacket pocket. He grabbed money from out of it and reached to hand it to Bankotsu. The mans hands were trembling. Bankotsu took the money and counted it. "Alright here." He threw the bag to them. The men fought to catch it. He then walked out of the alley way.
He went to his motorcycle and hopped on it. He started to ride around. He was enjoying himself. He was doing tricks, speeding, and going through red lights. He suddenly stopped once he saw a cop car. He noticed a girl on the sidewalk curled up against the wall. He squinted and he thought he recognized the person. His eyes widened,Is that, Misaki?
He parked his bike and walked over to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him. Her face was covered in tears, her eyes were puffy and red. She was crying. "Misaki, what happened? What's wrong?"
She didn't answer. She threw herself into his chest and cried. He placed his arms around her. "Misaki, come on let's get you someone." She nodded. They stood up.
He walked her over to his bike. "Here, put this on." He said handing her his helmet. She took it and put it on. They both got on his bike. He rode off.
After about five minutes they arrived to his apartment building. They entered and walked to the second floor. He went to his door and opened it. They entered. He went into his kitchen. He went into the fridge and grabbed two cans of soda.
Misaki was still standing at the door way. Her head was down. He went up to her and handed her the soda. She shook her head and he set it on a table.
"Misaki, what's wrong."
"You were mad at me just a week ago. Don't worry about it."
"That was last week. I guess I was just jealous. You know I like you, but do you still like me." She nodded. "Then let me help you. I am not the type to help people, so take advantage of it."
"You can't help."
"I want to make you feel better." Misaki was quiet. He grabbed her hand, "Lets go watch a movie in the living room. A comedy, so you can laugh." Misaki remained silent, but followed. They went into the living room and Bankotsu put on a movie. They sat on the couch and watched the movie.
During the movie Bankotsu heard a few chuckles come out of Misaki. The movie lasted about an hour and a half. Misaki stood up. "I'm going to go." Bankotsu nodded. He walked her to the door and opened it. She stepped out and whispered 'bye.'
Bankotsu shut the door. He let a sigh out. As he was about to turn to walk away a knock was heard. He turned back around to open the door. He opened it and Misaki stood there. He was shocked.
"I forgot to say thank you."
"It's no problem."
"Well, thank you anyway." She walked closer.
"Your welcome." He stepped closer. They stared at each other. They then leaned closer and their lips met. The kiss started off slow and sweet. Then it got rough. They opened their mouths and they're tongues met. They kissed faster and rougher with each time.
Bankotsu started to remove Misaki's sweater. She started to unbutton his shirt. Their breathing was heavy and they were getting hot. Without taking his attention off of Misaki Bankotsu slammed his door shut.
SORRY TO READERS THAT I TOOK THIS LONG TO UPLOAD. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. R&R.
Return to Top

Converting /tmp/phpCMkf7i to /dev/stdout