InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Senior Prom and True Love ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Senior Prom and True Love
 
Chp. 5
 
By ~alilangel
 
Disclaimer: I do no own Inuyasha or characters.
 
Sesshomaru woke suddenly when he heard a sound coming from his room that reminded him of a screeching banshee. He became tangled in the sheets from the shock and ended up falling to the floor in a heap. Scrambling from the sheets as fast as he could he looked around for the source of the noise to see if he was threatened and found a little circular object ringing on the table. Bringing his poison to his claw tips he headed toward the infernal racket.
 
“I Lord of the Western Lands command you to cease that noise or you will cease to exist.” he threatened. His eyes widen a fraction when the noise continued and the thing gave no notice of having of heard him. Growling in warning once again he slightly winced when the thing gave off a rather loud beep that hurt his ears. With no warning he grabbed the object in his claws and it slowly melted into nothingness with one last beep.
 
Just as he had finished getting rid of the bothersome thing Kagome stumbled into the room panting. She had been awoken that morning when she had heard a loud thump coming from Sesshomaru's room and then growling. She knew it that was not good a good sign so with incredible speed she had scrambled out of bed to throw on an old pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. She rushed to his room and stopped at the sight that her eyes took in and couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled forth.
 
He was standing next to the bedside table with a pile of melted metal in front of him looking bewildered. She couldn't believe that he had melted the alarm clock! She laughed even harder at this. Finally after a few moments she got herself under control and slowly walked toward him.
 
“Sesshomaru-sama what exactly happened?” she asked with a slight smile.
 
“That thing kept making racket and would not cease it, even when I threatened him. I decided to get rid of it.” he stated calmly.
 
She frowned slightly at his comment. It looked like she would have to explain the electronics a little more carefully. “Okay then, well why don't you get changed into the clothes that are in the closet and then come on downstairs.”
 
Sesshomaru watched the wench leave and growled in annoyance. Her scent had filled the room when she entered and his youkai had wanted to taste her once more. Heading towards the closet he opened the door and stared at the strange garments. Grabbing a pair of dark blue plants he stared at them in confusion. How was he supposed to put these on?
 
Kagome settled at the kitchen table with a sigh. If Sesshomaru had reacted that way to an alarm clock going off how was he going to react to riding in a car to get his tuxedo measurements done? Smiling at her mom in thanks when she placed a bowl of cereal in front of her she continued to think of ways to get Sesshomaru to the tuxedo store without riding in a car or bus. Shortly after she looked up when she a shadow crossed her path and choked at the sight.
 
Sesshomaru was in tight black Levi jeans wearing a white tank-top that outlined each of his muscles. His black boots completed the outfit and Kagome felt heat rush to cheeks when he met her gaze. He nodded to Kokoro when she greeted him and declined when she offered him a seat. He settled instead for leaning against the wall to wait for Kagome to finish.
 
She finished off her breakfast and turned to him. “We'll go get your tuxedo measurements taken today and then it'll be ready in time for the prom. Sound good to you?” Her answer was a glacier glare.
 
Sesshomaru watched her leave and return shortly with some sort of small bag and a jacket in her hands. He gave her one more glance and then walked out the door his hair flowing out behind him.
 
Kagome yelled a goodbye to her mom and ran after him. Finally catching up to him before he descended the stairs she stopped him.
 
“Sesshomaru stop,” she gasped out. “We're going to have to walk but first there are things called cars that humans drive in this era. They will make lots of noise and it will be extremely busy. You'll also probably get a lot of stares with your hair, eyes, and symbols. Please do not hurt anyone. They don't know any better. Please?”
 
Sesshomaru looked into her sapphire eyes and found trust lying in them. He didn't show it but he was irritated. Why didn't she fear him? He had tried to kill her numerous times after all and she still trusted him. So lost in her intense gaze he ended up nodding. He was rewarded with a sunny smile.
 
Kagome grabbed his arm and started to drag him down the stairs toward the streets, silently praying to anyone that was listening to not let him lose his cool. She didn't want to be the one responsible to an uncontrollable demon running around Tokyo.
 
They were two blocks away from the shop when they encountered trouble. It was Eri, Yume, and Ayame. Kagome groaned in frustration. In all the places in Tokyo they just had to be on this street. Sesshomaru and her had made in safely this far with no mishaps only receiving stares and envious looks from females directed at Kagome. Sighing softly that only reached Sesshomaru's ears she slapped on a smile as her friends approached.
 
“Hehe hey guys! What's up?” she received a series of hellos. Kagome watched as they checked out Sesshomaru and could tell that they liked what they saw. She felt jealousy rise in her and was stunned. Where had that come from?
 
Eri was the first to speak. “Kagome who's the hunk?” she asked dreamily.
“Uh guys this is Sesshomaru. He's my prom date; we're just on our way to get him measured for a tuxedo. Well we got to go so sayonara!” Kagome said grabbing Sesshomaru arm and dragging him the rest of the way. When they reached the shop she let out a sigh of relief. She was just not ready yet to explain to her friends how she had met him and what had happened to her “boyfriend.”
 
Surprisingly Sesshomaru had allowed himself to be dragged off without causing a fuss of her touching him. She turned with a smile on her face but quickly it disappeared when she saw the glazed look in his eyes.
 
Sesshomaru had become annoyed when the girls had stopped them. They had to get to the shop so that the measurements would be taken and then he could see more of this world, though he had been surprised when Kagome sighed when they approached. Weren't they her friends? Thinking on why she would be in their company if she didn't like them he didn't notice that they had reached the shop until he saw concerned sapphire eyes in front of his face. Quickly donning his cold mask he marched into the shop leaving her to follow.
 
Sesshomaru looked around the shop and saw different types of what he guessed to be suits from what Kagome had described to him. He noticed a short balding man sitting behind the desk and headed towards him, Kagome right behind him. Sesshomaru opened his mouth to command the man but Kagome beat him to it.
 
“Hello! Could you please help us with measurements? He needs a tux for prom.” she said gesturing to Sesshomaru. The man regarded them with beady eyes and silently nodded. He grabbed measuring tape and motioned for Sesshomaru to follow him. He quietly went along, once again surprising Kagome.
 
The man quickly measured Sesshomaru, his cold exterior making him motivated to work even faster than he usually did. Kagome was surprised at how fast the man had worked as they left the shop with instructions to come back in a week to make sure the tux would fit.
 
Kagome looked around and spotted a WacDonald's. Grabbing his arm out of habit now they headed off in that direction so that she could get some food. Who knows maybe she could get him to try some french fries or something.