InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Absolution ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Shades of Gray ~<>~
 
~<>~ Chapter 27 ~<>~ Absolution
 
 
“I got to say,” Miroku said after gazing out at the passing by landscape without turning to look back at his friend, “I feel kind of gay.”
 
InuYasha grunted a response and cracked his neck to the right side, eyeing the man sitting across from him on the flipped around seat. He understood Miroku's point, but felt compelled to add; “what, because you're wearing all that makeup or is it the fact that you're sitting in a train car wearing leather pants and a little bit exposed?”
 
“How about the simple fact that yes, I am covered in fabulous makeup however missing my fabulous gun, but I am also being joined by a dominatrix half demon who looks like someone who just stepped out of a bondage fairytale?”
 
InuYasha cracked a smile, a canine slipping past his lip to gleam white in the dying sunlight. It hadn't taken nearly as much as he thought it would to get Miroku in on his plan. All InuYasha had to mention was a club that Miroku would fit in wearing the leather pants and plenty of sluts for him to feast his eyes on. Convincing himself, however, that there was a plan was a bit elaborate. Sure, he knew the basic gist of this nights actions; he would scout outside of the club from the rooftop, avoiding unnecessary confrontation with Bankotsu and his band of goons while Miroku worked the inside, keeping his eyes peeled for anyone who looked like Kagome.
 
In retrospect it was a huge oversight that he had missed the link between Kagome and Titania. It was one that he was almost positive that Miroku wouldn't make. He had done his best to describe Kagome to Miroku a hundred times over and had also gone thoroughly over what he was to say if he ran into her. Kagome would recognize Miroku in a heartbeat, so his friend had to be ready. Miroku was to get her out of the club on contact, saying that Sango sent him to get her. Miroku was the genius that came up with the rest of the plot and excuse to know exactly where she was. He would say that Kikyo remembered Kagome mentioning a Goth stage in her life and when speaking to Kikyo to see if Kagome was home, Kikyo mentioned Bankotsu and the problem that they had that morning. It would be a long-winded load of bullshit that could stink all the way to Canada, but InuYasha was praying that she wouldn't be downwind of it all and fall for it out of confusion.
 
InuYasha was praying on running into her first however. He never planned to have Miroku actually needed in the whole plot and actually didn't want him involved. Being that the boy had no exposure to Bankotsu, he proved to be the greatest spy for the inside though. Getting him to agree to the nefarious plan was easy, but as they sat there together now on their way up to the city, he couldn't help but wonder if Miroku was having second thoughts.
 
“So, are you sure you got all this?”
 
Miroku shrugged and turned to stare back at InuYasha. Seeing his best friend in his natural form was still offsetting, he couldn't lie about that, but it made him have a little bit more faith in his friend. InuYasha trusted him with this, and he wasn't about to let his buddy down. “Don't call you anything but Sha, don't talk to strangers, see `Gome and get her out and don't talk to strangers. I think I'm all set mommy.” Pointing to his leather pants, he added in a huge faux smile, “I'm a big boy now. I'm wearing pants as tight as yours.”
 
InuYasha cracked a smile and ran his fingers through his hair, trying to go over a conversation he couldn't fathom. How could he convince Kagome to walk away from the club with him without giving himself up? He had a good idea as to where he was going to go with it, but Kagome had thrown so many curve balls at him in the last few weeks, he wasn't even sure what way was up with her. “If I don't get to say it later….”
 
Miroku clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes at his friend. “Don't go all Lifetime on me, Sha, you'll have plenty of time later to make this up to me.” Glancing into the window, he hardly recognized himself. The makeup around his eyes was elaborate and made him look like the victim of someone's fists. He would almost believe that to be the case if the black paint around his left eye didn't flare out so far with sharp points on both sides, almost like a scar running the across his eye. His face was covered in a base white foundation that he had cringed at to start.
 
All the while InuYasha had put it on him, he had convinced himself that it was for Halloween, but seeing people's reaction when they arrived to the train station made it all the more real; the attention was like a high that he didn't quite want to let go, he wouldn't lie about that. It was almost as good as any drug that he had ever done. He understood now just why his friend had no qualms about dressing in leather and wandering about in public.
 
Shifting his head to the side, he wasn't fond of the way that his black hair stuck to the side of his head like glue. “Talk about Emo,” he muttered while attempting to get comfortable against the canvas seats. The fishnet that was nearly neon green the clung to his body like a second skin, only outdone by the guinea tee that he had on beneath it. Breathing hot air against the cold glass of the train, he glanced back into his friend's amber eyes. “Dude, I am so sure that my nipples could cut glass at the minute.”
 
Hearing a huff that sounded almost offensive issued from behind them, both boys glanced back at the entrance to the car. Having stopped at the Little Silver train station to pick up more customers, an elderly woman stood in the front of the car staring at the two boys as if they had someone just managed to insult her, her religion and her family all in one sentence. Miroku tilted his head to the right, assessing her complete disdain for whatever she beheld in front of her.
 
A little boy materialized to the woman's right, sandy blonde hair falling over into his face and wearing what probably could account for his sister's pants. “Mommy, is that a demon?”
 
Miroku slowly shifted his attention from the nine year old and the distraught woman to the look on InuYasha's face. His eyes were narrowed, his claws just about extended into the seat, and he was not at all pleased by the interruption. Miroku turned and glared back at the woman in slight confusion.
 
“Filthy,” the woman muttered as she attempted to turn against the inflow to the train and walk the other way, “filthy animals shouldn't be allowed to walk around with us. They should have destroyed them all.”
 
Miroku's eyes just about doubled in size as he shot to his feet. “Oi!” he shouted as the woman dragged her son through the opposite car door. Miroku made motion to walk out into the isle to go after the bitch but InuYasha put a leg up, blocking his exit. Glaring down at the leg and back as his friend, Miroku fumed; “The hell!”
 
InuYasha simply shook his head and nudged Miroku with his knee back to his seat. “Sit down, stumpy, you'll only expose yourself more.”
 
Miroku didn't seem at all entertained. “That bitch,” he ranted, “just said….”
 
InuYasha growled and Miroku shut his mouth. “Just let it go, `Roku. I'm used to that shit.”
 
Miroku fell back into his seat with his mouth agape. “How can you be used to that shit? That woman just basically spat on you and you're telling me to let it go? She ought to be publicly taken down three fuckin' notches!”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow and then pointed to the two ears that resided on the top of his head. “That's why I'm used to it. I don't live the life that often, so I can deal with it when someone's a bitch like that. But that's what most demons get all the time. Think about how you first reacted when you figured out what I was.”
 
Miroku sat back as if he had been slapped. Staring at InuYasha speechless, Miroku took a minute to collect himself. “Dude, I'm sorry,” he breathed, his shoulders sloping downwards, “I never meant to take it like that. I don't think you're…”
 
“I know.”
 
The silence that ensued in the car was thick with contemplation.
 
“Is that how a lot of people take to…you?”
 
InuYasha cocked an eyebrow and simply looked around their abandoned train car. “What do you think?”
 
Miroku glanced around, turning a bit red under all the white makeup, making him light up like Rudolph. “Dude, I feel like a jackass. I didn't even notice.”
 
“You were to busy looking at your own ass. It's chill, don't worry.”
 
Miroku cracked a tight smile that seemed to be forced. “I can't believe that in today's society…”
 
InuYasha huffed loudly, shaking his head firmly. “Don't give me that shit. There is still so much hatred and racism out there that it makes me sick. There will always be someone out there for you to hate.”
 
Miroku nodded slightly. Trying to lighten the mood he had stumbled upon, he quickly added, “So our person to hate tonight is Bankotsu?”
 
InuYasha nodded, “otherwise to be referred to as?”
 
“Oberon.”
“Good boy.”
 
Miroku raised a thinly plucked eyebrow. “Do I get a Scooby snack for that? How about one for courage?”
 
InuYasha cracked a smile. “So now you're the one wanting dog treats? Dude, I'm telling you, as much as you want to, you cannot be me. There will never be any duplicates, just imitations.”
 
Miroku chuckled deeply. “So…do I have to act gay or do anything…you know…”
 
InuYasha sat back and eyed him curiously. “Not unless you want guys flocking to you, do you?”
 
Miroku shook his head in the negative. “No, but wearing this…”
 
“This is how almost everyone will be dressed. I told you to bring a coat so you don't feel so…exposed.”
 
Miroku rolled his eyes and shook his head with a smile. “Fuck that, I enjoy the looks. They make me feel special.”
 
“Special? Have you ever considered moving to the village, `Roku? I think you might fit in like a fat kid in a bakery.”
 
Miroku eyed his friend evilly. “Hey, this is all you buddy. If you want to talk about anyone being fit as a fairy, you shouldn't speak.” Kicking his feet up to the seat in front of him, he asked calmly, “So when does this shit go down?”
 
“The club won't be open until eleven, but I want to get there early enough to set up a good lookout spot and keep my eyes peeled. If Kagome really is planning on getting up here quickly, she'll blow off Kikyo and leave straight from Sango's and get here before the club opens. If she does, that will be you're queue to run into her. If she doesn't show and the club opens, then you go in, mingle and keep your eyes open for her. Remember, Oberon sits on the far right back corner in the booth with red velvet curtains. Keep away from there, just to be safe. If you can though, get to a place where you can see over there and keep your eye out for Kagome. I don't doubt that the minute he finds her there, he'll drag her into the back. It will give you very little time to catch them. Just walk up to her and start talking, make a big scene about knowing her and keep asking whom her friend is. Text me in the mean time and I'll get in there and get you both out.”
 
Miroku yawned loudly and stretched. “So is this guy going to kill me for this, or do I not need to be packing on this outing?”
 
InuYasha's eyes widened. “Don't you dare pack anything. They have guards at the front that will search every inch of you before you walk in. You'll have hell to pay if you try to bring in something.” Seeing Miroku's grin, he leaned forward and thumped his fist against Miroku's chest. “Jackass, no he won't kill you. He won't even acknowledge your presence.”
 
Miroku shrugged and closed his eyes. “If he kills me, I expect you to morn for my loss. I expect revenge. I expect a good funeral with a thousand virgins crying at my feet.”
 
“How about I get Sango to shed a tear and then we'll just drink and leave a twelve pack on the top of your tombstone?”
 
Miroku nodded slowly. “Fair enough.”
 
X**X*X*X*X*X*X*XX**X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X*X*X*
 
Kagome breezed through the lobby of the dorm intent on grabbing her car keys and getting out before being held up by Kikyo. She didn't intend on being at the club before it was well populated with people she knew and had a chance at seeing her at the scene. She was still working it all out in her head, but had a good clue as how to the night would progress. He would threaten her, she would threaten him, he'd hit her and she would insist that she would ruin him until they came to a stale mate. She didn't want to lay all of her shit out there to start with, that was for sure. The envelope was her golden ticket and she was going to treat it as such. She wanted to hear what he had to say and figure out a rational way to part ways without having to result to vulgarity and abuse.
 
She refused to acknowledge the part of her that was scared shitless. She refused to admit that there was a part of her that wondered if she would walk away from this. There was no other way, unfortunately. This had to be done.
 
Walking through the lobby, she was hardly ready to hear her name being shouted from behind the counter. Turning once she got to the elevator, she was completely dumbfounded to find Rin by her side.
 
“You look lost.”
Kagome snorted out a response and sputtered for a minute. “What are you doing here?”
 
Rin cocked an eyebrow and threw a bewildered glance at the front desk. “Oh look, a job!” Looking back at Kagome, she nudged her with her shoulder. “You all right, Chika?”
 
Kagome laughed sardonically. “Hardly, but I'll be better by tomorrow. It's been a rough day.”
 
Rin stared at Kagome and then turned to face the wall. Scratching her nose, she shrugged, “I guess it would be for me too, seeing as to how much blood shed there was on my floor. Oh, wait that's right, it's your floor and something tells me that you know something about it.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened but she didn't say a word. Slipping into the elevator when it opened, she sighed but wasn't surprised when Rin joined her. It was only after the door shut that she grilled her friend. “What are they saying?”
 
“That there were two guys fighting over a girl and the only person who saw anything was Kikyo, who called for clean up. She refuses to give up names though, saying that she didn't know anyone involved. The dorm is on lock down until someone talks.” Looking side to side, Rin then whispered, “Honestly Kagome, I'd get out while you can. They will pull the tapes from the cameras…”
 
Kagome turned quickly to stare at Rin wildly and then hit the automatic stop button on the elevator. Ignoring Rin's gasp at the vaulting brake, she asked loudly, “What camera?”
 
Rin grabbed the wall of the elevator, her heart just about in her mouth. “Was that seriously necessary?”
 
“Answer my question Rin! What camera?”
 
Rin stared blankly at Kagome before regaining her ability to use words. “The ones that they have installed in all hallways. Ever since the Virginia Tech incident, they put them into the dorms here at Monmouth.”
 
Kagome nodded slowly, praising any God listening for this stroke of good luck. “Do you know where they keep the tapes?”
 
Rin blinked, not enjoying at all where the conversation was going. “Of course I do. From what I know though, they are already in police custody.”
 
“Good!”
 
Rin shook her head. “Excuse me?”
 
“It goes to further my case.” Staring down at the ground, Kagome muttered, “let me see your cell phone.”
 
Hesitantly Rin handed her phone to Kagome. “Girly, I'm not going to lie, you're scaring me. What are you doing?”
 
Kagome programmed in a phone number and handed back the phone to Rin. “If I don't call you in the next two days, I want you to call Sango, her number is in your phone, and tell her to go to the police with what I gave her.”
 
The elevator jerked back to life and began to rise only to have the button slammed again by Rin. As the elevator stumbled to a stop once more, Rin quickly asked, “What are you talking about?”
 
“My friend Sango has something to help…support…my case. I already explained the directions for her, but you're going to be my other key in this. That tape, you have to make sure the police know to put it to the envelope as well.”
 
Rin stood back and crossed her arms. “What's going on Kagome?”
 
“Bankotsu's threatening everybody now and I'm going to deal with him.”
 
Rin's arms slowly slid away from her body as her mouth dropped in shock. “Oh, no, Kagome! No way, you're not going after this man on your own! I'll go with you, if that's what it takes, but no, no way!”
 
Kagome nodded in the negative. “There is no way in hell that you're going with me, Rin. I have my ass covered and I think I know how to deal with him.”
 
“You obviously don't being that you're asking your friend to hold a secret envelop for your protection and me to contact her when I don't hear from you. You're expecting not to come back, are you?” Seeing Kagome turn from her, Rin shoved her across the elevator. “Are you!? You have no expectation of walking away from this man! Are you mad?” Her voice grew shriller as she hollered at her friend. “What the hell is wrong with you? I told you I could help you! I told you I'm getting you support. I talked to InuYasha and his brother is on his way to town! They can deal with this, Kagome! Give it another two or three days and they will handle him.”
 
“InuYasha already tried to help,” Kagome seethed after a minute, “and it got him in a lot of trouble. He's the reason that they needed maintenance upstairs. He's the one who fucked up Bankotsu's day. He walked up there to Bankotsu threatening me and flipped a shit on him. Now Bankotsu is threatening to put him in jail for assault and there isn't anything that can be done about it. I need to talk to Bank and try to work this out with him.” By time she was done with her rant, she needed to deeply inhale to keep breathing. Staring at Rin, she could see the anger on her face.
 
“And where are you going to meet him; his apartment, a concrete basement, the dumps perhaps? How many chances do you plan on giving this man to kill you?”
 
“He won't, Rin. He won't kill me! If he were going to, he wouldn't have put himself in the public perspective by coming to the dorm. He would have had his men grab me from the street or something like that.”
 
“So what…are you saying that he only wants to play? Are you saying he's doing this to fuck with you?”
 
Kagome nodded slowly. “He wants the control back. He knows that I don't want to be with him anymore and he thinks he can scare me back into place. I plan on telling him tonight that I have enough evidence to link him to the death of the other girl and also that I have enough evidence that if he makes me disappear, they can get him on murder.”
 
“And what if he owns all the cops in the place that you take the evidence to?” Rin hesitated and shook her head after a second. “What other girl?”
 
Kagome ignored the latter question. “You said that Sesshoumaru is powerful. Have Sango give it to him first before the police. Tell him to go with her when they take it there.”
 
Rin shook her head slowly. “Kagome, this is bad, this is really bad. You're so far in over your head you're drowning! Why can't you see this? You cannot go there by yourself, you cannot do this!”
 
“There is no other choice, Rin! I've filed a restraining order to start the ball rolling. I just have to go and talk to him and get this shit straight.”
 
“And you're violating it! He won't be held accountable for it if you go looking for him. It won't be his fault! Are you stupid?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and stumbled briefly as the elevator once again jerked into motion. “No, Rin, I'm just determined.”
 
“You must be outside your mind!” Rin reached over and shook Kagome's shoulders. “Girl, listen to me; if you walk into wherever Bankotsu is, he'll never let you leave.”
 
Kagome forced her lips to form one small thin line for a moment, trying to battle down her emotions. She had her plan and she wasn't changing it. “I'm sorry Rin,” she whispered, “but you can't stop me.”
 
“InuYasha can.”
 
Kagome glared at Rin out of the corner of her eyes. “I came to you as a friend, Rin. Please don't make me regret that.”
Rin hesitated as the doors opened and Kagome began the walk down the hallway towards her dorm. “Please rethink this, Kagome!” she shouted after her.
 
Kagome waved her hand backwards. “I know what I have to do,” she threw back.
 
Rin stood there watching her friend walk away as a thousand thoughts washed over her like a wave. What could she do to stop her? What could she do to stop her friend from facing a fate worse then death? Grabbing her cell phone, she punched the bottom for the lobby and began dialing InuYasha. He had to know what to do.
 
Kagome strode into her room and grabbed her set of car keys. She hated using the car she had on campus for anything but emergencies but this was could constitute as one, she figured. Also an abandoned car would likely draw attention after a while. Grabbing her jacket, she heard what sounded like light sobbing coming from the bathroom. Staring longingly at the door to escape, Kagome knew that she had no time to get caught up in her cousin's drama, whatever it might have been. It was that little nagging voice, however, in the back of her brain that had some sick fascination with the need to know what was causing her cousin's pain. Had Kikyo found out about her and InuYasha? Kagome's heart skipped a beat at the thought.
 
Taking a step forward to the bathroom doors, Kagome's hand extended to knock before she retracted it. She had no time for this. Spinning on her heels, she stormed for her door to escape. However, timing was never in her favor.
 
Kikyo stepped from the bathroom, a tissue in one hand and tears streaming down her cheeks. Her bloodshot eyes caught sight of her cousin and a fresh batch of tears assaulted her senses. “Kagome,” she whined noisily.
 
Kagome swore under her breath and looked back over her shoulder. Seeing her cousin's puffy red eyes and the sheer misery that lingered on her face, she had to stop. What could cause Kikyo to look so depressed? “Kikyo, what's wrong?” Was she a completely awful person for getting a slight glimmer of hope that InuYasha had broken up with her? Kagome didn't think so.
 
Kikyo fiddled with the tissue in her hand, obviously stalling for some sort of answer to come to her.
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow when no answer came after a minute. “Kik?”
 
Kikyo threw up her hands and tossed her tissue into the wastebasket. Dropping to sit on her bed, she covered her face with her hands. “I don't know what to do.”
 
Kagome tapped her car key against her door twice, wondering if she should just run, before turning around and shutting the door. “What's wrong?” She walked over and dropped down to sit next to her cousin on her bed.
 
Kikyo dropped her head onto Kagome's shoulder and began to sob again. “I'm dead…I am so busted, it's ridiculous. That asshole, I hate men! Ugh!” Kikyo shut her eyes and let a sob rack through her body.
 
Kagome swiped some of Kikyo's hair from her eyes and patted her cousin's head. “What…asshole,” she asked, mildly confused. What was she talking about?
 
“That jerk that I was seeing on campus.”
 
Oh. That. Kagome counted backwards from ten before continuing with any part of the conversation. “What did he do?”
 
“He's threatening to out my relationship with him to InuYasha.”
 
Kagome blinked, not expecting that to be her answer. “He's blackmailing you?” Kagome did a classic double take; was she serious?
 
Kikyo nodded miserably. “He showed me photos that we took,” she wiped her
cheeks and inhaled noisily. “And he said that he is giving a copy of them to InuYasha!”
 
Kagome closed her eyes, feeling her cousin's pain. This was Kikyo's cross to bear and though it may not be as drastic as Kagome's, she understood just how much the situation sucked. “Who is this guy, Kikyo?”
 
“He's a senior on campus, a real frat boy. I met him at a party a few months back and we hit it off. I told you about this last week. I really thought he was interested in me and everything was great. But about three weeks ago, he got real strange. He started asking me a lot more about InuYasha and how his family was doing in business. He's become a major creep in the last few weeks, calling out of nowhere and asking me to meet up with him. When we meet, he just wants to ask what I know about Sesshoumaru and asks if I still talk with Naraku. I mean, fuck, he should know I if I talk to Naraku! They hang out just about every day. I can't go to that house without running into Naraku.” Shaking her head, she struggled to sit up and wiped her eyes again. “He's just turned plain creepy! So I told him I didn't want to see him anymore, and…”
 
Kagome held up her hand. “Wait, you're not sleeping with Naraku? I thought…”
 
Kikyo rolled her eyes and sighed in exasperation. “I told you once I wasn't sleeping with Naraku. Why won't you believe me?”
 
Unable to check her temper that quickly flared, Kagome snapped back, “You also told me that you would never cheat on InuYasha, and yet look how the mighty fell.”
 
Kikyo's mouth dropped open and she was obviously stricken. Unable to find words, she just stared.
 
Kagome let the words burn for a moment longer, relishing the moment, before regretfully having to take it all back. It was the truth and Kikyo knew it, regardless of whether Kagome apologized or not. “I'm sorry,” she whispered after a minute, “I just don't understand why you couldn't tell me this to begin with.”
 
Kikyo rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. “I did tell you.”
 
“You didn't tell me that he was all sorts of skeevy.”
 
“You didn't tell me it was Bankotsu who was hitting you.”
 
A very long silence ran between the two as they just stared at each other. Kagome was the first to look away. “I didn't want to get you involved in that, I'm sorry. I never thought he'd show up here.”
 
“I never thought he'd raise his hand to a woman.” Kikyo looked almost wounded herself at the thought. “I mean, it's Bankotsu. He was always so considerate and wonderful; I can't imagine him ever beating someone. Those bruises though,” Kikyo brought her hand to Kagome's cheek, “I can't believe he did this to you.”
Kagome pulled away from Kikyo and stood up. “Believe it,” she spoke harshly, “Bankotsu isn't as clean as you think he is. He has a lot of problems, Kik, a lot of problems.”
 
Kikyo eyed Kagome's coat for a minute and then slowly looked to the door. “You're going to talk to him, aren't you?”
 
“I need to settle this. I can't have him doing this.”
 
“Doing what?”
 
“Showing up here and threatening me and you and all of my friends. I want him to understand that we are done.”
 
Kikyo nodded slowly, “So let me go with you.”
Kagome barked out a terse laugh. “Why is everyone so interested in going up there? No, Kikyo, I'm not taking anyone with me. I am going up and dealing with him all on my own.”
 
Kikyo wrapped her arms around her body and lay back in bed, curling her knees to her chest. “The Bankotsu I know would have never done this in the first place, but that monster that was with you in the hallway…I don't know if he would let you come back.”
 
Kagome shrugged half-heartedly. “He will; he won't have much of a choice. I am telling him that we're done, I've filed a restraining order, and I won't press charges for harassment, assault and a load of other interesting problems if he forgets that any of this ever happened.”
“Do you want me to call my father?”
 
Kagome blanched. “No, not at all. I told you that three days ago. I don't want anyone else involved. I don't want to ruin Bankotsu…not yet, at least. I want him to take the opportunity to back off on his own.”
 
Kikyo gave her the same look she had received at least four times that day.
 
Kagome grabbed her coat and slipped into it and jumped onto the bed next to her cousin. Hugging her briefly, she felt a wave of guilt crash into her like a steel wall. Here Kikyo was, worried about ruining her relationship with InuYasha, confessing her sins and her fears to the one person she considered a sister who was in all reality the one sleeping with said boyfriend. Kagome felt like a number of levels below pond scum at that moment, as she rubbed Kikyo's back. “You said it yourself, that you think Yash is cheating on you. Maybe the break up wouldn't be a bad thought,” she whispered. It was in all sincerity without a selfish purpose behind it; if both parties found need to seek emotional support elsewhere, then they were better off apart.
 
To Kagome's shock, Kikyo nodded. “You're right,” she whispered, “I do think it's time to end the charade. We were never meant to be, and though I love him, I just don't know if…” letting her head fall backwards, she groaned, “I don't know! I love him, but I don't. I want to marry him, but I'm afraid that there is someone else out there. I want to see other people but I don't want to lose him.”
 
Kagome nodded slowly, “but this guy, who has the photos; He's saying he's giving Yash the photos, right?”
 
Kikyo nodded miserably, “Yes.”
 
“Then I think you need to be the one to tell him, before he sees it.”
 
Kikyo choked down a sob. “You're right, damnit, and I hate you for that.”
 
“Kik, you don't want to hold onto something just because you're afraid that you might never find anything better. You won't know unless you try and you're only hurting yourself and him.”
 
Kikyo nodded again. “I guess. I'll go over there tonight and talk to him.”
 
Kagome rubbed Kikyo's shoulder and stood up. “I'm going to go for a drive. I'll be back.”
 
Kikyo peered up at Kagome in contemplation. “If you're not back by tomorrow morning, I'm calling my dad, and you can tell Bankotsu that. My father will ruin him faster than he can blink.”
 
Kagome nodded numbly. She didn't want anyone else involved, let alone major components in the business world. That would only further to piss off Bankotsu. Walking from the room, Kagome pulled her door shut and walked off towards the stairwell. She refused to go though the lobby, opting to take a side door from the building, avoiding the supposed lock down as well. She wasn't about to pass by Rin and get another lecture. Sure, she understood why everyone was so adamantly against her going to see Bankotsu, but they just didn't seem to understand that there was no longer a choice.
 
Getting to her car, she slid into the drivers seat and started the ignition. Glancing at herself in the mirror, she wondered briefly if anyone would recognize her without her makeup on at the club. She had never gone to the club out of dress before, but she also knew that after tonight, she would never have to go back there again. Puling out of her long-term parking spot, she sped out of the school without looking back. She had a mission, damnit, and no one was going to stop her.
 
XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**XX**X*X*X*X
 
--- I know its short but that's only because the next few scenes are going to be very, very long! More to come soon, I promise. I got ideas at work and nearly put my head through my monitor because I couldn't write. Grr.
A big thank you to everyone who voted for Shades of Gray for the 03' quarter of the IYFG.
And another big hug to my baby, he's what is keeping me going right now; I can say that without him, I'd be lost. I love you baby.
 
And now a word to the reviewers:
 
Drake: oh my boy, the first to know the truth. you make me proud. No, Souta doesn't know at all. I love the metaphors. Yes, Naraku will be back in this soon. We'll see how well it goes over. God forbid I morph his character from being a completely evil tyrant. Lol. :-P thanks!!
 
Toya's gurl: thanks!! Hehe. I'm glad that you enjoy it. yes, her father is a complete ass, and he'll be in it a little later. `Jiro is gonna be fun, I just have to do my best not to make him Ryen. Lol.
 
Inuyashaloverr: wait a little bit longer to order a coffin. There will be lots of asses being kicked. Promise. Sorry it took so long.
 
Loulou4729: yeah, I've been trying to set up Souta being Kagome's from the beginning. No, no incest, but a douche bag father. I'm glad you enjoy. That makes me smile.
 
Clipse: all things will come together. >.< glad you enjoy.
 
Langus: no, a lot of people thought it was her father. Lol. I know that Kikyo isn't in character as she normally is portrayed, but I really think she does have a heart somewhere within that cold body. Well see, I can't promise what happens with Kikyo. >.<
 
Tarzan14: eep. Sorry you've been sick, I understand that. no problem, sorry this update took forever.
 
Sovereignty: Kagome's mother is a saint. LOL. Sango is pushy but she was right.
Autumn: tired, oh dear girly, you're telling me! LOL. It's not so much that Kikyo is being blackmailed. This actually isn't about her at all, as the man said. LOL. I've had one person finally figure out who it is. it makes me smile. Hiten is in your head because he has red eyes. But he has already been mentioned in the story (Not hiten). I've been told that it took a lot of rereading to figure it out. LOL. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. I've missed you!
 
Leila-chan: bout as good as Bankotsu, what can I say? Yeah, the shit has hit the fan but maybe not for long. We'll see. Yes, it's going to be very interesting.
 
Precious: hmm…no, no father is involved. Don't worry. no, it's not that its someone new, but he hasn't been…played. He has been mentioned though. As for `jiro, is it bad that his dialogue didn't take a bat of an eye? Those kinds of characters just fly out of me; I can write an asshole with no problem. Funny that I am so soft spoken in real life. man, I think If I weren't…well…it wouldn't be pretty. LMAO. Yup. The whole train wreck happened super fast. Yup, the whole story actually was supposed to be about Kagome and souta as her child and Rin and Kenren. Yup, kag's dad is an asshole. No, I understand that the father being a jerk pisses you off more then anything else. The meeting will come up very soon. There are a lot of problems.
 
Legacycyrah: thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it!!
 
Oyuki: yes, there is so many secrets. it's the basic story plot. LOL.
 
Kagome313: LOL, I'm sorry, I know how much that sucks. Yes, her father is an asshole. LOL. Yes, her mother is a saint. It's not that Kagome doesn't want to change, she feels the need to be punished. It's not that she's a whore, she hasn't slept with that many people; the only things she has done was under the demand of Bankotsu. though it was her choice, it's still strange. Yes, Jiro is amazing. LOL. You don't want to know how I picture him. LMAO> no problem, sorry this update took forever.
 
Shizuka Kaze: Hey girly!! I missed you!! Yes, Kikyo has a whole bunch of secrets; everyone has secrets, everybody lies. Yup, Kagawaki is a douche bag. Just about as much as her father. It will be explained later. Thanks, I'm really glad that you enjoy the story. I try to keep it to reality. >.<
 
Malitiadixie: Jiro is gonna shake things up. all the shit needs to hit the fan before we can end this. there is only one story caught in the fan right now. I can't tell you how I come up with it, it really just plagues me. that…or I'm just a sadistic and twister person. Probably the latter. >.< Thanks!!!
 
InuYashacutie: don't worry, Bankotsu won't be plaguing her much longer. I don't know how I come up with it…it just comes to me like a movie. LOL.
 
Chibirin: no, I love Jiro just as much. LOL. Everything is complicated, it will always be complicated. LOL. Just get ready for overkill. LOL.
 
MistressKagome4U: sorry, coma is nearly imminent.
 
Inu_miko: sorry for the delay, and not really covering much. It will get better.
 
Blaccwolf123; lol, I'm glad you like him. I have a feeling he is going to be fun. Yup, I love twists. They make me smile. LOL. >.< glad you're enjoying it!
 
Silveraliora: LOL, thanks, sorry for the delayed updated. >.<