InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Edge of Reality ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Shades of Gray ~<>~
 
~<>~ Chapter 31 ~<>~ The Edge of Reality
 
`*lemon warning and some political stances, please remember this is a story and though I hold some sway on Jiro's comments, he's been around almost four hundred + years and would have a completely different outlook than twenty year old kids*
 
 
It was a grand total of twelve drinks and ten shots per person later that is all but for Kagejiro; the Irish demon was polishing off his fourth bottle of Jack Daniels, with four of finished Hennessey to his side, when the dynamic of the group finally shifted. The righteous-than-thou attitudes had been drowned in Alcohol and harsh cynicism had nearly vanished. Kikyo and Miroku were to drunk too argue any further and had even gone as far as to share a joke or two with the other. InuYasha hadn't objected to dancing with Kikyo to Destiny's Child Lose My Breath and Kagome had dropped her inquisition of Kagejiro. All together, the group seemed to be coming together.
 
Sitting at the bar, Miroku seemed much more interested in talking with Kagejiro more so than chasing any of the tail in the pub.
 
“…So there I was, naked in the barn. There was a very angry farmer standing in front me, with a pitch-fork to my face. He was spewing something in a foreign language; that or I was just too drunk ta understand what he was talking about, but thank God I had that sheep in front of me, coverin' me like a loin clothe. My guess is that the girl who had accompanied me into that barn, who by the way was no where ta be found, was probably his daughter.”
 
Miroku choked on his Yuengeling, and set the bottle on the table before falling into a coughing fit. “You know,” he said while wiping his mouth and catching his breath, “fathers aren't so keen on finding you in bed with their daughters. There was this one time…”
 
InuYahsa grunted, almost painfully, and winced. “Oh here we go.” Ordering another Jack and sprite, he prepared himself for the story he had heard nearly a thousand times.
 
Miroku smirked at his friend before turning to the others. “I had met this girl at a club, maybe about a year ago. She seemed legit, she was hot and she begged me to bang her like a cheap drum. So, being the man I am, I decided to oblige her desire. We were down in Barnegat, and I didn't want to drive up to Long Branch as drunk as I was, so we went to her house down the road.” Making a lewd gesture, he continued, “I get her going, loudly might I add, and screaming my name at the top of her lungs, or something that sounded like my name. Suddenly, the door nearly caves in and, no joke, this guy looked like Laser; I mean fuckin' Laser from back in the day American Gladiators. He grabs me by my neck and yanks me out of bed. In the middle of this thrashing, I learn two things; first is that the girl wasn't twenty one, she was eighteen, and two, this guy and I had it out two weeks back when I was fondling his wife on the dance floor.” Seeing everyone at the table balk, Miroku smirked and finished off his beer; “What can I say; slut must run in that family.”
 
Kagome laughed first, more to break the welling uncomfortable silence. “Wow, Miro…that's a whole lot of special. I mean, that's nearly award winning.”
 
Kagejiro recovered from his state of bemusement and slammed his hand down on the table, a smile the size of Ireland resting across his face. “You, my friend, are a professional.”
 
Kikyo seemed to be the most put off by the story. “Didn't the dad recognize you,” she asked with a bit of a slur to her words.
 
Miroku's smile, if at all possible, grew. “That was the great thing; He realized it as I was running from the house, holding my pants up. I screamed back to him as I was reaching the woods across from the house that his daughter was a better lay than his wife. Man, I swear this guy really was Laser; he bolted from that front step like lightening. I thought I would never lose him in the woods. Needless to say, I'll never go back to the Lighthouse in this century.”
 
“Probably shouldn't in the next on either,” Kagejiro added, starting on his fifth bottle of Hennessy.
 
InuYasha shook his head, wondering what it was like to live that long. There were benefits; he was sure, to that much longevity but at the same time…
 
“What is it like,” Kagome asked, as if reading InuYasha's mind.
 
Kagejiro turned his attention to the miko on his left. “What is what like, darlin'?”
 
“To live forever? I mean, you're a demon, you can live forever, right?”
 
InuYasha could tell that this was going to be a cryptic conversation by the look that overtook his brother's face.
 
“Like anything, it has its ups and downs,” he answered after a moment; “I suppose I could live forever, but who would really want ta? Sure, the idea is novel, but you don't really understand it. You can't really make any life long attachments unless you want ta watch friends grow old and die while you look the way you did eighty years earlier.” Glancing at InuYasha, he added on; “That's why the lot of us try to stay away from you humans. It's not that we dislike you, per say, but rather that you die a lot faster than our kind. Nothing,” he said straight to his brother, “is harder than losing the one you care about.”
 
Miroku and InuYasha stared into their drinks in contemplation while the other two girls grew glassy eyed. InuYasha and Miroku both understood the implications of his words and somehow, it was a very effective buzz kill.
 
“That's awful,” Kikyo muttered, sympathetic to the man she had called an animal an hour prior.
 
“You get a weird understanding of history, seeing it come and go in front of yer eyes. You see it for what it is, and then read it and want ta hit something. The history they teach you is perverted; most is not really how it happened at all.” Seeing a moment to preach, he shot down the rest of his bottle and leaned forward. “I'm nearly four hundred years old, so you can bet that I've seen everything under the sun.” Ignoring the stunned gasps from Miroku et all, minus his brother, he continued on; “there is a possibility that I have been involved in almost every major war of the last three centuries. Not to say I've been at every battle, that would just be a load of horse shit, but after leaving Japan, my group and I got ourselves into some interesting debacles.”
 
InuYahsa lifted his attention to his brother, “Your group?”
 
“The Gaiden, as we call ourselves. It's a small cell of fighters that I led while in the resistance. They are most loyal family I've ever known. They have followed me around the world, and even though we disbanded in the early nineteenth century, we still come together when situations that need extra attention arise. We are always in touch; in case we need one another.”
 
Miroku leaned in, his attention grasped completely by the conversation. “You mean that you've fought in wars through the centuries?”
 
Kagejiro laughed heartily, “Hell boy, we've caused wars over the centuries. We take some good credit for the start of the Revolution of both America and Ireland.” Shaking his head, he returned to his point; “in World War One, me and a few of my boys were sent ta aid the Birtish against the German's in Flanders. It was on the brink of Tench warfare, which by the way, the person who designed that fuck all should be hung. `Sides that, all the troops were stuck in holes in the middle of cluster-fuck Flanders. It happened to be Christmas Eve, and as the clock fell to midnight, the Brittish wanted to celebrate. They started singing their carols and soon, we `eard the German's singin' theirs. So, we crawled out of the ditches, or in my groups case, cause we weren't fuckin' newbs, came out of the trees and buildings and started talkin'. There was a cease fire for all of Christmas while the boys played together. They played football…” pausing, he corrected himself, “soccer, as you call it. We drank and celebrated the holidays. Once the new year set in though, it was over. They went right back to killin' one another by order of the fuck off's in command. You better believe they won't teach you that in history, because it skews the version of history that is painted black and white.”
 
Kagome leaned back in her chair, almost as if offended. “Are you telling me that you sympathize for the Nazis?”
 
“You can't tell me that you believe that every German man who held a gun in that war was a complete scum bag. If that's the case, then the lot of them should be convicted of war crimes now. What about the Americans that dropped the A-Bomb on Japan? How many innocent men, women and children died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Are you condemning the American race ta that same category because it was their men who did it?”
 
Before Kagome could answer, he cut her off. “Of course you don't. They were all men who had to do what they were told because they were soldiers. You don't get ta pick where you are born or back then, you didn't often get ta pick who you fought for. There are a few countries today that have a much better hold on their military, regardless of popular belief. You Americans, just like the English and the rest of the leading powers of the world, can decided if you go ta war, and how you go ta war. The lots of you sit back and think that war is about capital gain and that we don't need it. To often people forget that Freedom isn't free; the only currency it deals in is blood.”
 
Seeing Kikyo raise up to argue, InuYasha intervened; “Wow, so the troops just threw down their weapons and hung out together? Didn't they worry about someone betraying that trust and killing all of them?”
 
Kagejiro shook up his head and lit up a cigarette. “There was a time, lad, that people had honor, even though it was small and sometimes conditional, it still was there.”
 
Kagome pointed to the cigarette in Kagejiro's mouth; “You can't smoke in here.”
 
Kagejiro glanced back towards where Jakotsu had disappeared to; “I'd like to see the girly-man stop me.”
Kikyo felt compelled to further the debate. “It's not his rule, it's a state rule.”
 
“I helped bring tobacco into New Jersey in the first place, but that's another story. The hell they are going to deny me it. I'll incite another Boston Tea Party, see if I don't.”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow, “what will you throw into the water? Cigarettes? You'd piss off the wrong people doing that.”
 
“Fuck off; I'll throw Budweiser if I have to. It's expendable.” Snorting once, he put out his cigarette on his arm. “Now who the hell wants to dance? I can't sit much longer.”
 
Kikyo bolted up from her chair, seemingly enthralled at the idea. “That is the best thing I've heard all night.” Bopping her head to the song, she smiled at the boys, “and I love this song!”
 
Miroku, however, was staring aghast at Kagejiro. “You dance?”
 
Kagejiro smirked and looked back at Miroku. “A piece of advice boy; there are two kinds of people in life that you can be, you can either sit there with you ass glued ta the chair and take no initiative in life. You better believe though, in twenty years, you'll still be glued ta that chair. Or you can take life by the horns, or the girl by the hips, and enjoy it. What is life worth living if you don't enjoy it? I for one enjoy the feel of a girl grinding up against me, God bless the low standards of dancing today. And that would be my next advice to you; don't fuck every girl you meet unless you are trying to repopulate the Earth. Do me a favor; I'll be here in two hundred years, I don't want ta have ta deal with more than one of ya.”
 
Taking Kikyo by the hand, he led her down to the dance floor, leaving Kagome, InuYasha and Miroku sitting at the bar in stunned silence.
 
Kagome made a face, watching Kikyo twirl about with a man who had more rhythm than most men combined, and took InuYasha by the hand. “Come on,” she mewed, “let's dance.”
 
InuYasha smirked as they headed to the dance floor, “Dancing wasn't the first thing on my mind. What was that about grabbing hips?”
 
Kagome turned to give him an incredulous stare as they waded out onto the dance floor. Turning to place her back to his chest, she smiled as she felt his hands wrap around her hips. This is the way it should be, this is how they should be able to spend the day; in each other's arms. Glancing to her right, her entire mood was squashed to see Kikyo ten feet from them, squealing with glee as Kagejiro showed her how a real man danced. Somehow, she just didn't have it in her heart to really enjoy the feel of InuYasha behind her knowing that her cousin was in the vicinity.
 
Sensing her change in heart, InuYasha spun her around to turn her back to Kikyo. “Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain,” InuYasha murmured in her ear. “Just focus on us.”
 
Kagome scoffed light heartedly, her head shaking slowly; “what us? There's a you and a Kikyo, and then there's a me. Where do you find time for an us?”
 
InuYasha glanced back to Kikyo and caught his brother's eye. He could see that Kagejiro understood what was going on and it almost seemed as if he was telling InuYasha to take Kagome aside and speak with her. Or…well…occupy her time else where. Leaning in to bit the tip of Kagome's ear lobe, he cooed; “There is always time for an us. I can prove that to you right now, if you really want me to.”
 
Leaning in to capture Kagome's lips in a quick kiss, regardless of who watched, the song abruptly changed over the loud speaker. Snapping away from Kagome, like waking from a bad dream, InuYasha became more aware of his surroundings. The song was replaced with a bit of a remix of Hinder's Lips of an Angel. Quickly glaring to the DJ booth, he wasn't shocked to find Jakotsu pointedly staring at the couple. Grumbling about interruptions, InuYasha looked back to Kikyo. Kagejiro and she seemed hardly phased by the change and he let out the breath he was holding.
 
Placing his forehead to Kagome's, the duo began to sway back and forth to the music. Singing along with the song in a smooth tone, he sung, “it's really good to hear your voice, saying my name, it sounds so sweet. Coming from the lips of an angel, hearing those words it sounds so sweet. Shaking his head, he couldn't recount a better song for the two of them. “You make it hard to be faithful…”
 
Kagome fought down a rapid forming blush and dipped her head back to look at Kikyo. Kagejiro had the girl well occupied but how long would that last? Would she come looking for them? What good would it do to have another round with InuYasha? More heart ache, more distress, and more drama? Though her brain clearly understood this was a bad idea, she wasn't shocked to find herself leaving the dance floor with the boy she had grown to love. Logic be damned, she had enough liquor in her system to blame that soundly.
 
Kagome trailed behind InuYasha, his hand wrapped lightly around hers. He passed the DJ booth and shot Jakotsu a glower made to kill, his message clear; if you interrupt, I'll end you. Pulling her back into the corner of the club, he pressed Kagome to the wall by the bathroom and kissed her. The interaction held no pleasantries or soft pecks, there was need and there was lust, there was a need for an immediate release. Pressing his rapidly hardening length into the side of her leg, he growled into her ear; “I need you.”
 
Kagome hadn't wanted this to happen; she had honesty just wanted a day out with Kikyo to try to wear down her want for InuYasha. She had come to the summation that this needed to end; this needed to be done with. She really liked InuYasha and that was dangerous. She couldn't do this to her cousin; she couldn't ruin her life like that. But as she rested with the cold wall behind her body, pinned between the cement barrier and his warm torso, she couldn't think of anywhere else she wanted to be. She could feel him through his pants and all she could think of was how much she wanted him inside of her. He was like a drug, like her cocaine, and she needed her fix.
 
InuYasha pressed himself harder against her leg, grinding his hips for some sort of animalistic satisfaction. The material of the jeans was chafing his cock and it wanted one thing and one thing only; her wet and warm cavern. Glancing at the men's room door, he placed one finger to Kagome's lips and then slipped into the bathroom. Finding one man at the urinal, he bellowed once simple phrase; “Get out.”
 
The man turned to glare at InuYasha, his fly down. “Dude, seriously? What the fuck?”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow and walked back out into the hallway. Grabbing Kagome by her arm, he yanked her into the bathroom.
 
Stunned into silence, Kagome spun around and through the swinging wooden door before she understood what had just happened. Glancing to her right, she caught sight of the man and blushed furiously. “InuYasha,” she hissed loudly.
 
InuYasha shrugged before shoving Kagome against the wall before the urinals. Sliding one hand under her ass, he hoisted her off the floor and pressed himself against her. Pinning her solidly, he brought his lips to her neck. His eyes met that of the man at the urinal, who had stopped pissing and was staring at the duo, his cock still in hand. “Last warning,” he growled, lifting his lips from her neck for a moment.
 
The man cracked a large smile, “don't let me stop you,” he joked.
 
Kagome fisted her hands through InuYasha's hair, the alcohol and the pleasure racking too much against her brain. Snapping her head to the right, she addressed the man. “Get out,” she yelled at the stranger.
 
The man, looking sorely disappointed, zipped himself up and took his time walking from the bathroom.
 
As soon as the door was closed, InuYasha went to town. Dropping Kagome to the ground, he stood in front of her like a titan among mortals. “You should be sucking my dick by now,” he commanded in a no-nonsense voice.
 
Kagome hesitated for only a moment, glancing around at the grody conditions of the bathroom. She had seen worse in her life time, but still being on her knees in such an establishment seemed beneath her.
 
Grabbing Kagome by the back of her hair, he pulled her head back to gaze up at him. “What are you waiting for, Princess?” His other hand freed his cock from their rigid constriction.
 
Kagome grabbed the base of his cock with one hand and swallowed the head. Sucking on the tip of his penis, she ran her tongue in circles around his circumcised head before working her way down his shaft. She paused halfway down, sucking harshly against his muscle, before gently raking her way back up his cock with the use of her front teeth. Reaching the tip, she removed his cock from her mouth and jerked him twice before licking over the head lathering it with her saliva. Lifting her eyes to meet his, she held his gaze as she took the entire length of his eight inch cock into her mouth. Holding him in the back of her throat, she nestled her nose into his crotch, his balls coming to rest against her chin. She sucked once, twice and then a third time before his hand came down to the back of her head. Holding her tightly against his balls, he jerked his hips into her mouth, forcing his cock down a few inches deeper into her warm cavern.
 
Kagome gagged but held her own, loving the rough treatment. Though this was what she had escaped Oberon for, he was so much different than Bankotsu had been. Though he was forceful, she could feel his adornment behind every motion. It sounded ridiculous in her head; he loved her so he made her choke on his cock, but in his eyes she could watch him measure the pain she was suffering. It was without doubt that he would pause if he thought she was in any danger.
 
As he released her head, she pulled back and used her hand to follow her mouth along his cock. Jerking him while she sucked, she could feel how much he was enjoying this show.
 
She was a little surprised when InuYasha shoved her back to the wall, so that she was on her knees still but with her back supported by the cement wall. InuYasha brought himself closer to her, more so that he was straddling her face, before offering her his cock once more. As she opened her mouth, she found that she had little control over the situation as he began to hump her face. Burying his cock in her throat, he rammed his length at his leisure as he pleased.
 
Kagome's head was positioned backwards, her hands sitting worthless by her side. She had lost all control in this blow job. She sucked as much as she could as he sat down on her face, her nose buried solidly against his crotch. Little air had time to get through to her, and he controlled that as well. Thrust after thrust, he banged his cock back into her throat, loving how tight her esophagus was around his penis. He thrust once more before holding himself down against her face, his cock as deep as it would go. She gagged once and gagged again. Her hands came up to his thighs to try to tell him that she couldn't take any more and needed air but he needed another minute. Pushing her hand away, he pushed harder against her throat before regretfully pulling himself from her mouth.
 
Grabbing her by her hair, he gently pulled up, forcing her to scamper to her feet. His hands went straight to her jeans as he began to rip them from her body.
 
“Yasha,” she begged as she wiped the spit from her mouth, “please, can we go somewhere more private?”
 
Glancing once around the bathroom, he grunted his response. Pulling her back to the handicap stall, he didn't even take time to inspect the area. Throwing her to the wall, he went back to work on her pants, not bothering to close the door.
 
Kagome glanced around, wincing at the stench. Though it wasn't dirty, it was a far way from smelling like roses. Her attention was snapped back to reality though as InuYasha's tongue hit her exposed clit. Staring down, she wasn't sure when he had dropped to his knees, but as he buried his face in her pussy, she found herself in heaven. His tongue lapped at her sopping hole before very quickly diverting to quell the small bundle of nerves.
 
It was short lived pleasure for Kagome, as InuYasha stood up quickly and jammed a finger up into her. He worked her completely, his finger moving professionally, adding a second and a third as she moaned and groaned in pleasure against the wall. As he slid his fingers deeper into her, he brought his mouth to her ear. “What do you want, Kagome? Do you want me to finger you to an orgasm, maybe see how many fingers I can fit into you, or do you want me to bend you over and fuck you?”
 
Kagome chewed on her lip, her head slamming back against the wall as his fingers worked in circles inside of her. Words came out half spoken, half growled; “Fuck me, damnit.”
 
InuYasha grinned cynically. Grabbing her by her shoulder, he spun her around and forced her to put two hands up against the wall. Spreading her ass cheeks with one hand, he slid his cock beneath and ripped into her pussy with enough force to wheel her forward. Grabbing her shoulder with one hand, her hips with the other, he began slamming into her. Thrust after thrust, her entire body jerked forward only to be pulled back by the hanyou. Kagome pushed her head back and groaned loudly, letting out a moan that could be heard outside of the bathroom door.
 
InuYasha thrust his hips against her again, burying himself to his balls as he leaned forward to breathe against her ear. “You like this, bitch? God, you're such a good little slut,” he cooed. Slamming his hips against hers, the sound of his balls slapping her clit resonated through the bathroom. “You better beg me to cum, bitch,” he demanded, “you ask like a good whore, you hear me?”
 
She was whimpering now, on the verge of an earth-shattering orgasm. Letting go of her shoulder, he pushed her to the wall, his cock still buried up her pussy. Keeping a slight bend to her back, he thrust again and again. “God you're so wet,” he groaned as he found himself nearing release as well. Bringing his left hand around from the front, he began rubbing her clit with his index finger, and with his right, he grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her neck back. Lowering his mouth to her neck, he sucked hard enough to leave a mark against the flesh. As he released his mouth, he felt her pussy clench around his cock. “Beg me,” he demanded into her ear, “beg me to be allowed to cum.”

Kagome grunted in noncompliance, her pussy beginning to quake with the tell tale signs of an orgasm.
 
InuYasha smirked; so she wanted to play like this? He had warned her a while back, he broke girls like her easily.
 
Pulling his cock from her pussy all at once, he enjoyed her cries of objection. She hadn't gotten off and he knew it. Sliding back a few inches, he didn't give her any warning as he reared back and buried all eight inches straight up her ass. Her cry of shock and pain was swallowed by his grunt of complete ecstasy. He didn't give her time to adjust as he found her ass to be incredibly tight. Thrust after thrust, he fucked her ass as hard as he had her pussy. Soon her cries of discomfort became those of pleasure and he knew that she would soon be working herself up to an orgasm. Reaching between them once more as he thrust into her, he manipulated her clit in circles, attempting to get her to that crescendo, only to let her down once more. Time and again, he built up her orgasm as he fucked her ass, only to refuse her completion. The louder her cries of injustice and moans of frustration became, the closer he got to coming.
 
Bringing his mouth to her ear, he groaned loudly and seethed in all due sexiness, “do you want to come? Tell me Kagome, beg me to come.”
 
And the proud girl shattered. “Please Inu,” she begged without hesitation, “God I just want to get off. Please!”
 
InuYasha smirked, slamming himself harder and harder into her ass. She was so tight; god she was tight, and with her pussy clenching for another orgasm, she had only gotten that much tighter. He regretted having to once more pull away from this beautiful haven. Losing himself to the passion welling inside of him, his demon blood boiled for control of the situation. He lost himself, in that moment; to the person he was at night, the persona he tried to hard to keep buried. Things InuYasha would never do and that Sha did regularly blurred and became one.
 
Pulling from her ass before he came and before she could get off, he spun her around to face him. Forcing her back to her knees, his right hand began jerking away at his cock as his left wrapped around her hair and pulled her head taunt, less then an inch from his raging cock. “Lick my balls,” he demanded while working over his cock. It was no longer Kagome standing in front of him but rather that girl she pretended to be at the club. This wasn't real life, this was their night life, this was what could have been. He couldn't stop it, he couldn't control it; he knew these were things he shouldn't do to Kagome but he couldn't stop it; this was who he was, how he was.
 
Kagome, overwhelmed with passion and the need to get off, buried her face without second question in his balls. Her tongue worked over the top of his balls and all around. She captured one in her mouth, gently sucking on the skin that surrounded it as well as she could. His left hand yanked her head back after a minute and his right presented his cock to her. “Swallow my cock, bitch.”
 
Kagome hesitated, if only for a moment. Had she not of been swept so far into the tides of passion, she would have been revolted! Yet as her orgasm was fucking with her view of reality, she more than happily opened her mouth and accepted his cock into the back corner of her throat. Sucking on his member, she gagged as his hands wrapped around her head and slammed his cock backwards against her throat. Twice, three times and then he came like a broken dam. Rope after rope, she was forced to swallow down his semen and her juices. He held her head perfectly still, humping away as his cock spurt what felt like a gallon down her throat.
 
As his cock drained everything down her throat, he found himself in need to satisfy her to completion. Wrapping his hands under her arms, he picked her up from the floor and deposited her in the sink that was to the left of the toilet. Spreading her legs over the edge of the sink, he backed up to stared at her. Her eyes were half lidded, her lips swollen from the abuse of his member. Her raven black hair was a mess about her head, and she was naked from the waste down. Her cunt was swollen red, her clit worse off, and she was dripping in anticipation. Reaching forward, he grabbed her hand and brought her fingers to her clit. “Do it,” he commanded as he gave her permission to come. “Fuck yourself with as many fingers as you can.”
 
Like a woman possessed by Satan, Kagome shoved three fingers into her pussy, and began frigging her clit with her other hand. InuYasha felt compelled to help after a moment, watching her was proving too much for him to take. Shoving a finger into her already filled box, he loved how she cried out. He was in the middle of adding another finger of his own, making it five crammed up her tight box, when she came. Her orgasm rocked her body, her head flew back and hit the wall, but she hardly seemed to notice; her entire body clenched around their fingers, and he could swear she lifted from the sink. But as fast as it had happened, it was over. Removing his fingers quickly, he caught her as she fell forward.
 
Cuddling her to his chest, the demon blood seeped back into recession and the human inside of him freaked out. Had he really just made Kagome suck his cock after fucking her in the ass? Had she really done it on her own accord? As her breathing became steadier, he had his answer. Pressing his lips to her head, he prayed to God that she didn't hate him for this.
 
Neither spoke for the ten minutes that followed, the air was filled with labored breathing and the smell of sex and secretion. Both stared off into nothingness, wondering how it had gotten this far.
 
The first question that was voiced after the long bout of silence broke the frigid ice. “Do you notice no one has come in,” Kagome asked quietly.
 
Both laughed lightly, as if more in relief over the impeding doom from their actions, and Kagome righted herself from his chest and began dressing. “I…”
 
InuYasha waved a hand, “Don't, please. I should apologize.”
 
Kagome shook her head. “No, don't apologize, there's nothing to apologize for.” Waiting for him to button his jeans, they walked from the stall together, washed their hands and InuYasha walked to the door. “Let me go out first. I'll make sure it's clear and I'll get you.”
 
Kagome nearly panicked at the thought; “Don't leave me in here!”
 
InuYasha shot her a glower; “I'm not, I'm just going to make sure the coast is clear.” Pushing open the door, he wasn't ready for it to hit something hard and come swinging back at him in full force. Catching the young adult in the face, he flew back into the wall behind him with a loud grunt followed by a slew of curses.
 
Kagejiro stuck his head through the door, his eyes filled with concern as he eyed his younger brother lying against the wall. “Ohh…sorry about that; I didn't realize the door swung that way.” Instead of addressing Kagome, he simply beamed in her direction with knowledge lingering in his eyes.
 
InuYasha held his nose, which was dripping with blood, and glowered at his brother. “Are you fuckin' kidding me? What the hell are you doing out there?”
 
“Figured you would want some alone time,” he muttered, eyeing the female in the male bathroom. “After some bogger was going around telling everyone that there was a lass who was, and I quote, gonna get split in two, in the men's room, and I noticed your lack of attendance, I pawned off Kikyo and stood guard over the door.”
 
Kagome slipped out the door behind Kagejiro and reared about, once in safe distance, and hissed loudly; “What do you mean?” Glaring at InuYasha, she seemed rather livid. “He knows? How the hell does he know?” Panic seemed to set in almost instantly; “who else knows?”
 
Kagejiro slung an arm over her shoulders and shook her gently. “It's not hard ta figure out; you two might as well have it on a sign over your heads.”
 
Kagome glared at InuYasha, “is it really that bad?”
 
InuYasha shook his head no while Kagejiro insisted the opposite.
 
Kagome gazed at both men before scoffing indignantly and turned on her heels.
 
“Don't kill the messenger,” Kagejiro shot back, “it ain't my fault that you're wanking off this fucker in a John.”
 
Kagome held up her middle finger as she turned the corner.
 
After a moment of both men watching her leave, Kagejiro turned to InuYasha. “She's got a nice ass, I can say that.”
 
InuYasha smirked, knowing how well he now knew the truth behind that sentence. Had he really just defiled Kagome like that? Walking from the bathroom, he felt sick to his stomach; how much was he going to regret this?
 
 
*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X*X*X*X*X*
 
 
By time the Taisho boys reached the table, they had another visitor. Sesshoumaru, dressed in a suit with a pair of sunglasses shading his identity, was sitting at the bar, a martini in hand. Reaching his side, InuYasha chose the wise approach to gauge what he said. His brother apparently didn't have that kind of common sense.
 
“Oy,” Kagejiro hollered as they approached the bar, “the sun went down an hour ago; you ain't hiding from the world under there. We can still see you, and you look ridiculous. Take off those blasted goggles and have a drink with me like a man.”
 
Staring at his brother, Sesshoumaru slowly glanced down to the drink in his hand and then back to his sibling. Monotone in nature and sarcasm out the ass, Sesshoumaru responded; “I was unaware that I was drinking water. Allow me to disembowel the bartender for the mistake. That is how they do it in your culture, right?”
 
Kagejiro shrugged haphazardly and fell onto the barstool next to Sesshoumaru. “Normally we just break their thumbs, but I supposed full blown murder could be justified in the name of Vodka. It would be a mercy killing though,” he added, “poor bastard should be put out of his misery for not knowing the difference.”
 
Sesshoumaru sighed shortly, his mock attempt at humor lost on his older kin.
 
InuYasha took the seat to the right of Sesshoumaru, his eyes scanning the room for any sight of Rin. After seeing that his brother was, once again, alone, he hung his head. “What did you do?”
 
Sesshoumaru didn't even turn his attention to the boy. “What needed to be done.”
InuYasha scoffed, feeling ire boiling in his blood. “You're approximately two and a half years too late for that one. You can't abort the living.”
 
Sesshoumaru swirled around to the direction of the youngest of the three. “If I could, don't you think you would have been dead a long time ago? You are the last person I will ever take a lecture from.”
 
Kagejiro leaned in on the bar and ordered three shots of scotch. “Then take some advice from me,” he tossed in, “grow the fuck up. You're a father for Christ's sake; act like one and preferably, not like ours.”
 
Sesshoumaru sneered, swiping the glasses off his face in one flail swoop “You should take about being a father, Kagejiro. How many children have you sired over the centuries? How many bastard Taisho's are running around this world?”
 
Kagejiro smirked; “one that I've heard of; your son. Tell me, Sesshiles; how many more little girls have you knocked up?”
 
InuYasha grunted loudly as Miroku and Kikyo joined in the party at the bar. Nodding towards the silver haired brother, InuYasha shot Sesshoumaru a scandalous glower to keep his mouth shut about family ties.
 
Sesshoumaru hardly seemed to notice. “I have my daughter and my dignity; that is all I need.”
 
InuYasha stood up abruptly, kicking back his barstool as his did so. It was like a storm that came off the sea; violent surges of anger spurring his movement. “Are you that fucking retarded? Fuck your dignity; you lost that when you did your secretary!”
 
Miroku winced, freezing in mid grab for a drink from the bartender. “Zing,” he chimed, “and there goes the `ouch' button.”
 
Kikyo blinked in a nearly annihilated state of mind; “who did their secretary?” The girl was so drunk that she couldn't even hold herself upright without leaning against the bar for support.
 
“You're daddy,” Miroku threw to her, glaring at InuYasha. For a moment, he was wondering if he was going to need to drag InuYasha from the bar. The young hanyou's fists were closed solidly and he looked like he was going to start throwing punches.
 
Kagejiro registered just how bad the situation got as Miroku took to the defensive side of the argument. Sliding two shots down the bar in front of each boy, he picked up the drink. “Take a swig before you throw down,” he suggested and shot down the cup of liquor.
 
Miroku walked behind InuYasha and rubbed his shoulders sportingly. “Relax,” he muttered, “lest you really want to start a riot.”
 
“Weren't you advocating me kicking the shit out of Sesshoumaru a week ago?”
 
Miroku opened his mouth and then shut it. “My mistake,” he said after a moment, “please, carry on.”
 
Sesshoumaru glared at Miroku, who inched back under scrutiny. Standing up slowly, he turned to stare at InuYasha. “If you want to take this outside, I will be more than happy to oblige.”
 
Kagejiro slammed his shot onto the table, wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, and stood up. “No one will be taking this anywhere. Sesshoumaru, sit your bloody ass down. InuYasha, go away.”
 
InuYasha snorted in Kagejiro's direction, completely absorbed by his conversation with Sesshoumaru. “Not fucking likely. You want some shit, you found it. Let's settle this; you fucked up.” Poking Sesshoumaru with his fist, he raised his voice, “and I can only imagine what you've said to poor Rin. Did you make her cry? Did you tell her your take on half blooded children?” Miroku coughed as loudly as physically possible to distract Kikyo at the hanyou's point, glaring at the youngest Taisho. Was he nuts?
 
Not seeing his mistake, InuYasha kept on bulldozing down his brother. “Did you tell her that it's worthless, just as she is, and then kick her when you had her at the lowest point? Tell me, Sesshoumaru, tell me how much you shit on this poor girl. She didn't want to tell you, damnit, because she was afraid of your reaction. She knows what she did was wrong, but fuck, you're twice to blame. How the fuck did you turn this on her? Don't look at me like that, I know you, and I know what the hell you are capable of saying to someone, you soulless piece of shit. So I'll ask you again, what did you do?”
 
“I already told you…”
 
“Fuck that!” InuYahsa lunged forward and wrapped his hands around Sesshoumarus' collar. Hauling the older man forward, InuYasha's voice raised. “Fuck what you think you had to do. You have an obligation to that boy. He's yours, Sesshoumaru, and with that, he's my nephew. If you can't fuckin' deal with that, that's your problem. Don't take it out on Rin, don't be that asshole.”
 
“Two years, InuYasha,” Sesshoumaru shouted back, swatting his hands off his collar, “for two years she kept him from me.”
 
“And she knows she fucked up. She told you to try to make it right.”
 
“I do not forgive easy.”
 
“God forbid someone fuck up, oh wait, that's right, you did!” Narrowing his eyes, he growled viciously; “you fucked up exactly how dad did, and yet you still say you're better? You should be shot!”
 
Sesshoumaru snarled once, his lip actually curling back. “What I do is my own agenda, and is none of your concern. What she did was unforgivable.”
 
“How the fuck do you figure? You chose to walk away from her.”
 
“I am married.”
 
“Was,” InuYasha seethed, “you were married and you cheated on her. But hey, even your God damned wife couldn't stand you, so she found another cock to satisfy her. How does it feel Sesshoumaru; to really fail at everything in life?”
 
Sesshoumaru belted InuYasha in the jaw with his fist. Without caring, he jumped over the barstool and was on his brother before he could hit the floor. Wrapping one hand around InuYasha's throat, he bashed the youngest's head against the floor. “You ignorant whelp; you really think you have this all fucking figured out? You don't know anything about life, you don't know jack shit.” Banging his head once more, Sesshoumaru hollered, “You're so sheltered by father that you don't know your finger from your cock. You talk to me about fucking up? Look at your life! Everything you have ever done has been worthless!”
 
An arm wrapped thickly around Sesshoumaru's neck and snapped the older one off the floor in a second. Kagejiro lifted Sesshoumaru with one arm to the neck, the other to the mid section. He actually had the middle brother off the ground for a good minute before righting him on the floor. Holding him steady, the eldest spoke in hushed tones; “here is how this is going to go;” he spoke in non-accented flawless Japanese; “I am going to release you and you are to collect your belongings, take that shot of scotch and make your way out that door. When outside, you are to breath for a moment and go no where. I will be out when I think you have calmed down and we will discuss this together and where you will go from here. Obviously you don't want father finding out about anything that has been disclosed here tonight, lest you lose your tiny little kingdom and place at the right hand of that dog demon. I have no hesitation of telling father any of this if you even think about leaving. Now go outside and calm the fuck down.”
 
Sesshoumaru ripped himself from Kagejiro's grasp and shouted back in Japanese, “I want nothing further to do with any of you.” Eyeing the glass of scotch, he denied its existence, grabbed his coat and his glasses and stormed out of the bar.
 
Miroku helped InuYasha from the floor, the youngest Taisho busy wiping blood from his face for the second time that night. “One of these days I'm gonna' ram a parking cone up his ass,” Miroku joshed as he helped his friend.
 
InuYasha brushed off his hands and turned to Kagejiro. “How could you fucking let him walk away? He is an asshole.”
 
“Are you in a position to judge?” Eyeing Kikyo, who was oblivious to the world, he hefted an eyebrow. “He needs to sort his priorities. He will do what is right with time. You cannot force him to accept the child; he must do it on his own.”
 
“Don't go cryptic on me,” he criticized, “he's a prick.”
 
“That he is.”
 
“And you let him walk away.”
 
“It's true.”
 
“When the fuck do you expect us to finish this?”
 
“When we walk outside.”
 
InuYasha hesitated, turning his attention fully to Kagejiro. “He's not going to be sitting on his ass outside. I can bet he's halfway across the state by now.”
 
Kagejiro reached into his pants pocket and retrieved Sesshoumaru's set of keys. Swirling them around his finger, he commented; “unless our brother took to jogging, I figure he will be sitting on the hood of his car, brooding in his own self loathing when we reach him.”
 
Miroku grimaced and scanned the bar. “Hey, where's Kagome?”
 
InuYasha blinked and glanced around for a moment. She had walked away from him at the bathroom, where had she gone? “I…don't know.” That did not sit well with him. She was a little bit of drunk and a whole lot of vulnerable. Slapping Kagejiro once in the shoulder, he completely abandoned his task to right Sesshoumaru of his wrongs. Kagome was so much more important. “Tell Sesshoumaru he's still an asshole,” he spoke quickly before rushing off to find his…what was she? Not wishing to indulge in that, he disappeared into the crowd.
 
Kagejiro and Miroku watched InuYasha be swallowed by the group of college kids blankly. “Glad to know that girl means so much to him,” Kagejiro muttered.
 
Miroku wrinkled his nose. “That…or he has a bad case of ADD.”
 
“What about squirrels?”
 
Miroku chuckled and looked to where Sesshoumaru had left. “Are you dealing with Mr. Ray-o'-Fuckin'-Sunshine?”
 
“If I say no, will you go do it?”
 
“Not for the life of me.”
 
“Than I guess I have no choice,” Kagejiro stated blandly. Taking back the other two shots that were left, he threw on his duster and walked out the door.
 
Miroku stood there for a moment, glanced to his left to a drunken Kikyo at the bar and shuddered. “The hell…” turning, he took off as fast as he could before she realized anyone was left.
 
 
*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X*X*X
 
 
InuYasha pushed through the bar, searching high and low for any sign on his missing fling. He was beginning to worry thoroughly about wherever she might have slipped away to. Bankotsu was not fully out of the picture, which only poured Kerosene on that worry, igniting it to a near panic. But as he turned the corner near the DJ booth, he was both relieved and distraught to find her in Jakotsu's company. Shoving both hands into his pockets, he was nearly tempted to turn around and pretend like he hadn't come searching for her until Jakotsu's voice reached his ears.
 
“So here's the man of the hour.”
 
Sighing pointedly, he held a poker face as he approached the booth. Kagome seemed a little more coherent and a whole lot of upset. `Damnit,' he cursed himself as he took in the glower painted on the transvestite's face, `I did it again'. Walking into the booth, he hated how Kagome couldn't hold her eyes to his. As she stared down to her shoes, he felt another small part of his heart tear off. What was he doing to her? Slowly, he was taking the place of Bankotsu in her life and wreaking just as much detrimental havoc. Turning to stare at Kagome, he reached out and slid two fingers under her chin to lift her gaze to meet his. “We should talk.”
 
Jakotsu snorted once and leaned back against the DJ's chair. “That's what they are calling it now? Funny how I'm behind on that lingo. Oh,” turning, he grabbed the microphone from the DJ and called over the speakers, “clean up, men's bathroom. I think there's sperm on the wall.” Turning back to InuYahsa, his eyes darkened. “You really need to stop.”
 
Kagome snapped her head around and hissed at Jakotsu angrily. “Jak, stop it.”'
 
“Poodle, let the men talk.”
 
Both InuYahsa and Kagome balked for a moment before Kagome yelled over InuYasha's half hearted objection; “Seriously, this doesn't concern you. I love you Jacky, but stay out of this.”
Jakotsu turned back to InuYasha and pushed off the DJ chair. Strutting towards him, he placed his hand around InuYasha's neck and straightened out the collar on his shirt. Leaning into the man, he cooed, “When I first saw you, I thought you were God. Hell, I would have done you in a heart beat. Now I realize you're just another scum bag. She's had her share of them and you're playing with fire. She needs to heal and you're not helping her. You're a douche bag for putting her in the situation to begin with. Make up your fucking mind and stop playing with her. If you don't have the balls to end it, then other forces will see to it. Stop hurting her before I hurt you.” Pulling away from InuYasha, the sadistic glimmer that lingered in Jakotsu's eye finally made a solid family connection between him and Bankotsu. “And trust me; I know how to make a man squeal like a pig.” Waggling his eyebrows Jakotsu strode from the booth without another word.
 
Pursing his lips, InuYasha turned to Kagome. “Well, that was awkward and slightly upsetting.”
 
Kagome scoffed and shook her head, still avoiding any eye contact. “You don't know the half of it.”
 
InuYasha swallowed thickly, understanding at that moment that everything Jakotsu had said was because Kagome was telling him her inner feelings; the ones that she wouldn't tell him. Knowing that enough was enough, he held out his hand to Kagome. “We should talk.”
 
Kagome cringed, hating the sound of those words. They put tears in her eyes, they made her chest compress under invisible tons of bricks. Like lying in a casket being buried alive, Kagome couldn't do anything to stop it. Their time had expired and both knew it. Taking his hand like a zombie, she droned behind him towards the back exit to the club.
 
The cold night air hit her like an ice shower, blasting her back to the dashed reality of the world around her. She had once again done what she had pledged not to and proven not only did she have no morals but also that she lacked any self control. Pulling away from the drug in front of her instantly, she shoved her hands into her jean pockets and took three steps from InuYahsa.
 
“This needs to end,” both said at the same time.
 
InuYasha stared at Kagome, his throat constricting hearing the words voiced once again. He didn't want to give her up but what would he be setting her up for in life if they continued? What would he do to her if he broke up with Kikyo for her? Leaving Kikyo for Kagome would spell doom for Kagome's relationship with her cousin and the estranged side of the family. Would she be willing to risk it? InuYasha wanted to be with Kagome and he would stand by her side through it all, but he didn't want to see her suffer. This was her burden to carry and he would not light the torch to it. It would be her decision and hers alone. Damn his father to hell, he didn't care what the old man thought about his dumping of Kikyo; Sesshoumaru would take the attention when the day was done with his dissolving marriage and illegitimate child.
 
Kagome couldn't do this anymore; being with him was too painful, it was to taxing. She couldn't risk her relationship with Kikyo, she couldn't oppose her family and she just couldn't do it mentally anymore. Sitting against a trash can, she put her face in her hands and began to cry. The tears that streamed from her eyes were those of weakness, those of pity. She couldn't take anymore and this was proving too much. She would give up to secure her cousin's happiness and her sanity. “I'm sorry,” she muttered after a moment. Lifting her face, she was shocked to find herself eye to eye with the man of her dreams and the source of her self crucifixion.
 
InuYasha reached out and wiped the tears from Kagome's face with the pad of his thumb. “Don't cry,” he whispered pained. “Don't cry over me, over this; it's not worth it.”
 
Kagome wanted to be hurt by his comment; apparently this was just a fling to him. Swallowing thickly, she couldn't help her bitter retort. “I'm glad you think of it like that.”
 
InuYahsa made a face and clicked his tongue at her. “Oh, don't play this game with me, you will lose! This means the world to me Kagome,” grabbing her hand, he squeezed it, “these past two weeks I have felt more alive than ever before. But this is obviously tearing you apart and I can't be a part of that. I don't want to ruin your relationship with Kikyo, I don't want to destroy anything you've built with her.”
 
Kagome scoffed bitterly. “Then why did you sleep with me in the first place?”
 
Shrugging InuYasha shot back without any sarcasm, “why did you sleep with me?” Seeing that neither of them had an answer, he pressed on, “that's my point. We both did this; I am in no way trying to avoid responsibility or pin the blame. But…Kagome, I can see that it's messing with you. That this,” he pointed in a circle around the two of them, “is messing with you. I can't see you hurting anymore and I won't be the cause of it. Obviously this is all going to boil over if we keep it up…”
 
“So what, cut our losses?” Kagome snidely asked InuYasha.
 
Taking a deep breath and shaking his head, he waved off the comment. “Kagome, do you not want to end this? I'm doing this for you…I'm ending this so that you don't get burnt.”
 
Kagome crossed her arms stubbornly and refused to look him in the eye. She knew it had to end but to hear him say it with such ease… it tore a hole into her already mangled heart. “I appreciate your concern, but if I had wanted a body guard, I would hire one.”
 
Throwing his hands up, InuYasha gave up. “Then tell me what to do, Kagome. Tell me how I can please you, tell me where to go from here.”
 
Refuting eye contact, she shrugged. “I got nothing.”
 
“Why are you acting like this, I don't get it? First you seem perfectly all right with all of this, and then you go to Jakotsu and cry on his shoulder about me being a scum bag and now you're acting like you can't give a rat's ass if I fell off the planet and died. What the hell gives? Are you fuckin' certifiable or something?”
 
Slowly bringing her face back to InuYasha, he found tears sliding down the corner of her cheek. Shoving him abruptly backwards, she hopped off the trash can and tried to storm around him.
 
Having just about enough, InuYasha grabbed Kagome with his right arm to her shoulder and swung her back around. Pinning her to the trash can with his torso, he moved in so that he was inches away from her. “What the hell is going on, Kagome?”
 
Letting out a short sob, Kagome broke. “What do you want me to say, InuYasha? That I want us to be together but we can't be? To tell you that the one time in my life that something feels right is the thousandth time its so wrong? When I'm with you, nothing else matters, and you don't know how deep that runs. I'm fucked in the head, InuYasha, but little of that matters when I'm with you. My world, for once, has a little bit of light in it when we're together. But we can't be and every day I want to tear my eyes out because I know what kind of grave I'm digging myself.” Sobs began to blur her words together like a stammer. “I don't want to hurt Kikyo but I can't let you go. I love Kikyo but…” shaking her head, she brought up her hand and bit into her knuckles. Attempting to control her sobbing, she gave up on words.
 
InuYahsa reached forwards and wrapped his arms around Kagome. Pulling her to his chest, he attempted to offer her solace. Running his hand through her hair, he hushed her quietly. “Baby, don't cry. We'll figure this out…”
 
“That's just it,” she cried loudly while pulling out of his embrace. “We have figured this out, it needs to end. We can't keep this up and we both know this. We have to pretend like it never happened, like I never knew how happy you would make me. I have to live with my cousin while you fuck her and smile about it. I can never tell her why I secretly want to deafen myself, why I want to gouge my eyes out with a nail…I can never tell her the truth because of what it would do to all of us.”
 
InuYasha furrowed his eyebrows. “I'm beyond that, Kagome. I'm beyond caring about what petty and insignificant things Kikyo can tell my father. I'm not afraid anymore.”
 
Kagome inhaled sharply. “I can't do this to her,” shaking in her own torrent of sadness, she began sobbing again. “I can't, I just can't… God why does this hurt so much?”
 
“Because it's meant to be,” he said softly. “And if it is meant to be, then it will be. Maybe not today…”
 
“Don't quote Casablanca to me,” she snipped, “I don't want to hear it. It's not meant to be, InuYasha. You're meant to marry Kikyo and start a family.”
 
InuYasha scoffed loudly, “yeah, like that's going to happen.”
Both stood in silence for a moment, soaking up the reality of the world around them. It hurt now to breathe, like the air had been depleted by the merciless Gods that banished them to these lives of misery. Swallowing thickly, Kagome quietly said after a moment, “we shouldn't see each other anymore.”
 
The words ripped apart the sanity that held InuYasha together. It was as if his heart dropped from his body. Everything constricted, his eyes watered. “That's going a bit far…”
 
“No, it's not. Unless you're with Kikyo, we shouldn't…” looking away, she wiped away her tears with the back of her hand. “It's too dangerous.”
 
InuYasha swallowed thickly. “Is this what you want?”
 
“I won't answer that.”
 
“Lie to me.”
 
“Yes.”
 
Nodding once, InuYasha took a step away from Kagome. “Then…so be it.”
 
The duo stared at each other from a five foot distance like strangers across a bar. They saw through each other to the lives that they were giving up, the happiness they were forsaking.
 
“Well…”
 
InuYasha took two steps forward, wrapped an arm around Kagome's waist and kissed her. Emotions crashing against an immovable force, a feeling, an emotion that would never change with time, the two silently buried their affair behind masks of indifference and mocked friendship. “Once more for a real goodbye,” he muttered against her lips.
 
Kagome nodded slowly, her entire entity trying to consume this moment. “One last kiss.”
 
InuYasha captured her lips again, his hands coming to wrap around the back of her head and shoulders. Pulling her tighter, he slipped his tongue past her lips. The raw need for this, the longing for one last embrace empowered the two to remain standing, to keep them from toppling over under the surmounted pressure of the situation and the reality of life.
 
“What the fuck are you two doing?”
 
Pulling away as if struck, both InuYasha and Kagome turned instantly to the left to find Kikyo in the doorway. Bottle of water in one hand, a completely appalled expression across her face, Kikyo looked as if she were going to vomit. Her hand shook slightly after a moment, the acute result from a possible tremor of rage that coursed through her body.
 
And the three stood there, staring for what felt like a decade. Neither party had an excuse or an alibi, Kagome looked nearly as nauseous as her cousin and InuYasha seemed to age ten years in five minutes.
 
Nodding once, Kikyo wrapped her arms around her body and narrowed her eyes. “So…” her voice was detached and nearly as frigid as ice, “this is why you two have been getting along so nicely over the last few weeks?”
 
Kagome opened her mouth but InuYasha stepped in front of her. “Kik, I know what you're thinking.”
 
“I bet you do,” she hissed back angrily, “because it's all true.”
 
“Kagome had no part in this.”
 
“Are you saying you raped her?”
 
Wincing, InuYasha recanted, “No, but this was all my idea. I came onto her…”
 
Kikyo turned the frosty glower to her cousin, “and she came on you. I can't believe you two,” she hissed. Tears welled in her eyes as she took a step back into the club, “I trusted you; both of you!”
 
Kagome barked out a terse laugh that held no humor. “You're one to talk about trust, Kikyo.”
Kikyo snapped her head in Kagome's direction. “You're absolutely right…but you're my friend Kagome. You're my friend, and my cousin, who is sleeping with my boyfriend. I think I have the trump card in this one.”
 
Kagome felt as if she had just been donkey punched; staring helplessly at the avalanche approaching that was named Kikyo and the result was going to be complete annihilation. “Kikyo, I never meant for it to go this far. We're…we're not going to…”
 
Kikyo laughed with an insane bubble of giddiness pitching her words. “Shut up! I don't want to hear it. I'm done. I'm done with both of you.” Turning on her heels, she stormed from the back of the ally.
 
InuYasha followed immediately, maybe if for anything to salvage Kagome's reputation. He knew his fate had been sealed, and it was a few years to late to come to terms with it. This was something that should have been done years prior; they should not have lasted this long and he was sure that with time, Kikyo would agree. Yet it was Kagome and Kikyo that he was worried about. They had a future together, as family, and he had caused irretrievable harm to that. As he came to the door, he found Jakotsu standing idly by. Freezing in his place, he turned his full attention, and anger, on the male cross dresser. “What did you do?”
 
“What needed to be, I told you I would.”
 
Reaching forward, InuYasha had him by the lapel in a second strung against the wall. “Tell me one reason why I shouldn't paint this club with your blood.”
 
“Red is an awful color for any room,” Jakotsu responded coldly, “and my bouncers would rip your arms off first.”
 
Kagome rushed through the door a second later and hesitated at the scene before her. “InuYasha,” she screeched, fleeing to help her friend from InuYasha's hands, “put him down! What are you doing?”
 
Glaring at Jakotsu, he ignored Kagome completely, “We came to an agreement…why would you….”
 
“Because tomorrow you're just going to ignore her wishes, forget your bargain and start this all over. It is a vicious cycle that will keep repeating. Not now…now…”
 
“Now she's fucked. You just ruined her more than me, I hope you know that.”
 
Kagome was staring at the duo blankly, as if emotion simply seeped from her body like the sweat down her forehead. “What?”
 
Dropping Jakotsu, InuYasha backed off. Turning his ear from Kagome, he spoke darkly to Jakotsu. “Unlike you, I'll let her decide how to handle this. I won't interfere. Either way though, you're fucked.” Turning, he pushed past Kagome and out towards the front of the club to find Kikyo and offer some penance.
 
Turning to gaze up to Kagome, Jakotsu slowly got to his feet and brushed off his collar. “I told you I would take care of you poodle, be angry all you want but this is for your own good. Now you can start fresh without anything holding you back. I know what's best for my little Kaggers and trust me, that boy was just Bad News Bears. But we're good now, we're okay.”
 
He never saw her fist swing.
 
*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*'
 
Sorry it's taken so long to get this out! I've had it written but you know…moving, life, and the way of things…it blows. So here we go, the metaphorical shit has hit that damn fan and it's covering the world. I'll hopefully be able to write more in a few weeks when I become stationary and not dragging myself all across NJ every day.
 
 
I'm not sure where I left off with shout outs, so I'm going to run from where I know:
 
mm.org; (and these are going back to April)
 
Langus: I loved the thought of the Irish accent. I wasn't going to go for it originally but my bf is hard core Irish and he was like, `you have to do it!' so I did. Thank you!! Miroku and Jiro are awesome, I love writing them. I actually do have a true to life Miroku walking around now and almost everything that comes out of his mouth is in the story. There will be a reconcile with SEssh and Rin, it will just take time.
 
Drakey: Naraku? Hasn't been mentioned, haven't really looked back to get any of that done. Kagejiro has a past, not naraku. Lol. The most of Naraku's past is the story given the earlier chapters. Izayio? She's dead. She drank herself to death when InuYasha was six. Miss you, sorry it's been so long since I've written. I love the dialogue between Jiro and the crew. He's so much fun! He'll be here for a while, more playing in the background like Ryen did,
 
MIstressKagome4u: LOL, you should wait a little bit to reread COTD. Eventually, I'm going back to rewrite the first twenty or so chapters when I'm done with SOG.
 
Seiteki_Tensh: Thank you!!! I'm glad that you enjoy Jiro!
 
Essies: Thank you!!!
 
kokoronagomu: hey I saw that!! LOL. Thank you for the drawing,
 
This is me smiling: Harasume is kind of dead in the water. I have the entire story written in my head but getting the time to put it on paper is not happening for a long time. I was going to make SOG my last fan fic (don't stone me) only because I really do have to get my original work done and published ( I have plans). But I may go back and finish Harusume for fun. We'll see. Have we discussed your thought on who she is banging? The name has been dropped in the story, and it makes sense. But only a few have caught on. InuYasha's not really the one to feel sorry for at this point, I guess. Almost everyone in the story chose their own fate. There are very few victims in this story. As for Souta's father..umm…no, he won't be in the story at all except by reference.
 
Malitiadixie; LOL, I love Mirkou's character, he's really awesome. He really just kind of forms himself and then I met the real Miroku in life and since then, he's kind of shaped Miroku's character. (I'm serious, this guy is Miroku down to asking `will you bare my children' and I had to walk away because I was laughing so hard). LOL, thanks!!! As for figuring it out, I'm sure you're right. It's there, you just need to reread. As for Sesshoumaru, he's a spoiled brat that really can't think beyond himself. It's his father's influence in his life that made him so blind. It's not that he did it to be mean, it's that it's his self-preservation. As for the cat being out of the bag…yeah….yeah it is.
 
 
Nekoreibaka: thanks, I updated on ED, it just took a little bit. I'm pretty sure I'm caught up.
 
Loulou4729: thank you!! Sorry it's taking so long to update this one. No, he never said he was their grandfather, he probably was just making cracks against the father.
 
Tarzan14: LOL, thanks!!! Hehe. I know, it made me smile.
 
Sovereignty: Thanks, I take pride in the one liners. LOL. Properly, no, not at all. LOL.
 
Peachkeen14: InuYasha had multiple reasons for calling Jiro, as future chapters have since exposed. ^__^;; Kagome's blind and Sesshoumaru an idiot. It all works together.
 
Blackr0se: LOL. Thanks!!
 
Shizuka kaze: hey girl!!! I miss you!!! What's good? LOL, that's funny, I have an equation now. LOL. Eep, cataracs? Honey, I'm so sorry!!! How are you? How is it going?
 
New fan: thank you!! I try my best!!
 
InuYasha cutie: Jiro was probably to drunk to understand much of anything beyond this is some fucked up shit. LOL. This is a soap all on it's own. LOL.
 
Oyuki: sorry so long for an update. Thanks for reviewing!! Kagome's dense, but she'll figure it out. Don't worry.
 
Thesims1231: thanks!!
 
Eriste: yeah, that bomb was atrocious. ^__^;
 
Blaccwolf123: thanks, I love Jiro. He works so well. Thank you so much. I'm glad I keep you reading. That really is a huge compliment. ^_^
 
Leilachan: thanks!! Jiro is a fav to write, though he is difficult with the language, I did it to challenge myself. As for Miroku, I have an inspiration between my boy friend and the walking Miroku in real life, his best friend. Yeah, I had to throw a panther demon into this and I figured that would be the best way. Now just imagine when Sesshoumaru Taisho walks in there and admits it's his kid that she was disrespecting. LOL. As for Jiro, he's a trip. I love writing him.
 
Tamara: Never apologize for leaving review, I always welcome it! I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought of having a semi-orgy expericance in a drunken night for inu, miro and Kagome, but I think that would be stretching on all parts. Especially since I've put people in my life to people in the story and that would be wrong…on many levels. I couldn't see two friends like Inu and Miroku willing to double a girl at the same time. Well…I don't think Inu could, that is. Who knows. As for the fetish for torturing characters, yeah, yeah I do. LOL. But thank you!!!
 
Kagome313: LMAO, that's great. You're very right, you want to think it's over but it's not…it's far from over.
 
XcuteanimegurlX: LOL, Kikyo's boy has been mentioned by name but not introduced. Yet. He will be. LOL. Thanks!!
 
Hamsterbatallioncommander: yes, they are two different people in the story. I think you're on the right track. You're doing awesome with that, congrats!!!
 
Girl_X_16; Thanks!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it!!!
 
Chibirin: LOL, thanks.
 
Caitriona: yeah, Sesshoumaru failed his personality test with flying colors. He was sadly born without one. LOL. Yeah, there is going to be a huge falling out for a while before it gets better. But Jiro will be there for a while, I enjoy him thoroughly.
 
Miss_marilyn69: LOL, hehehe. You know…LOL. Thanks!!
 
Precious: LOL, Jiro's a trip and very fun to write. It's not that Jiro looks exactly like Yash, he's a good few inches taller and more like Sesshiles but shorter hair, it's that Kagome saw demon+white hair and attitude=Sha. She's not the brightest bulb, we've discovered this but well enough to know something's up.
 
Crazykiss: thank you!!