InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Lining to Bliss ❯ Silver Lining to Bliss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer I do not own Inuyasha or Ouran high school host club I will only say this once so do not say that I have not put one up.

I what to say thanks to x0SilverFeathersx0 who beta this story for me.

And this story is for Naruto Fan Productions. I hope you like it.

There were once two families that had been close for many generations, the Ritsa and the Higurashi. The former was famous for being the most powerful yakuza in Japan, where the Higurashi were known for their long lines of houshi and miko. On the date of September 5th, 1980, Shun Lee Ritsa's wife, Rosemary Sky Ritsa, gave birth to their son Kasanode. They also found out that Hyoga Haki Higurashi's wife, Sue Wu Higurashi was to have a little girl in March. That was when they decided for an arranged marriage between their children.

~4 years later ~

The two families got together to celebrate the Higurashi's new child, Sota Yen Higurashi, and to sign the arranged marriage contracts. In the garden stood two kids: a four-year-old boy with red hair, brown eyes, and a grumpy face that could scare everyone, and a three-year-old girl, and both their families. The little girl had black hair, which was in pigtails, blue eyes, and a large smile on her face. She had just turned three, and she was telling her friend Kasanode of how she just had got a little brother. The boy with a scary look on his face was shy and Kagome was his only friend. The two children held hands and started to run among the flowers while their parents watched them.

At the table, Shun grabbed the paper and pen and he signed his name, then his wife did the same, and so did Hyoga and Sue, along with the witness. Shun and Hyoga looked at each other and gave each other a great big grin and patted the other man on his back, before Shun handed the paper to his worker and asked him to take it to the lawyer's office in order to get it legalized. The worker did as instructed and took off running.

It was set in that evening, that Kasanode and Kagome were engaged and to be married. The families partied all night long while the two children and one newborn baby knew nothing of what was going on. However, the happiness did not last for even a year longer, as a drunk driver later killed Hyoga. Then Rosemary was met with a fatal end with a hit and run a few months after Hyoga's departure. A couple of years later, Sue had to move in with her father-in-law to his home because his health was deteriorating. When that had happened, Kasanode had just turned nine and Kagome was eight, while Sota had his fourth birthday coming up a few days before they were to move. The two families and children were forced to say goodbye to each other.

A few years later when Kagome turned fifteen, she was pulled down a well where she found out she had a mystic jewel inside her. It was ripped out from her side, and she then broke it. From that point, she had to travel back and forth through time to piece together the jewel.

This is what happened afterward.

It had been just around her seventeenth birthday when the group had finally killed Naraku, and when she grabbed the jewel, she made a wish. Then, Midoriko along with three others had appeared and told Kagome she did well, and that she was actually her own person so she would get her soul back. Everyone had been shocked to hear that, and they had asked, "Why does she look like Kikyo?"

The answer had been, "Because she is one of Kaede's descendants," and that had taken everyone for a loop.

Miroku had a smirk on his face when he said, "Ay, who would have figured that Kaede-Chan did something like that when she was younger. I wonder how many hearts she broke."

Sango and Kagome had both smacked him upside the head for disrespecting Kaede.

Inuyasha had then opened his mouth to say, "I can't believe Kagome is that old hag's great great great something granddaughter."

Shippo asked, "Is that why Kagome had powers and she was able to sense the jewel?"

"Yes, and no pup," was the reply a fox demoness that had been standing by the man who spoke before gave. "Yes, she drew the miko powers from her family but no, she the jewel's protector and it would not have mattered whether she had power or not. That was the reply of the white fox demon.

Then it was the wolf demoness who spoke. "Kagome, it is time to go back to your time, where your mate awaits you."

Everyone yelled out, "What?" along with Kagome.

"Oh how silly of me," said the brown wolf demoness. "I guess your mother never told you."

"You think?" replied Kagome with an angry look on her face.

"Do not be angry girl, for it is someone you know," said the man standing beside Midoriko.

"Yeah, who?" asked Kagome.

"Kasanode," said everyone that was within the jewel just before Kagome fainted. The group was still asking questions, but Midoriko and the rest disappeared.

~At the well. ~

"I hope when you have your first child you'll name her after me, Kagome," said Sango.

Miroku came up beside them and he handed Kagome a book with a large grin on his face.

"Miroku, what did you just give me?" Kagome asked.

"Oh, Lady Kagome, it is a list of what men enjoy and what you may like."

When she heard that, Kagome threw the book into the forest so no one could read it, but Miroku secretly planned to find it again later.

Inuyasha walked up to her and said, "Goodbye, little sister, I'll miss you." Then he gave her a bracelet that was made from his hair.

Shippo ran up to Kagome and gave her a picture with all of them together that he had drawn.

Kagome turned to them and said, "I love you all, you guys will always be my family and I know the well won't ever open again, so I'll keep you alive in my heart." As she said her goodbye, she smiled with tears in her eyes, and turned to jump into the well.

When Kagome returned home, she planned on asking her mother why she had never been told about the arranged marriage. When Kagome opened the door to her house, she yelled out, "Mom, Sota, I'm home!"

"Hey sis, so you back for good?" asked her little brother, who was the spitting image of his mother, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing his soccer uniform.

"Yep, I'm back for good Sota. Hey, did you know I have a fiancé?" Kagome asked with wonder in her eyes.

"What? No, and when did you find that out sis!" Sota yelled in shock.

"Since I was three years old, apparently," replied Kagome.

"That sucks for you, sis," he said while running to the door, before turning around. "Don't worry; whoever you were chosen to marry, he can't be that bad." Then he left.

Just then, Sue walked in, having overheard everything. "Hello sweetheart, do you want a hot bath or something to eat?" she asked with a smile on her face.

"No, mom, I just want to know why you never told me I was going to be married. Who is Kasanode and why has this information always been in the dark?" demanded Kagome with a hint of anger in her tone.

"Oh, Kagome, he is going to be told in a couple of months. See, we agreed to tell you about it when you turned eighteen, and since you are seventeen and he is going to be eighteen, nineteen if when you are going to get married. Please do not be angry, dear, but just think of it as knowing whom you are to marry. That's a good thing. So dear, why don't you get cleaned up while I call Shun and tell him of the good news?"

"Wait, mom, you're not going to ask about how I found out?" asked a surprised seventeen-year-old miko.

"Why no dear, I just figured someone told you or you found it out on the Internet. It's not a secret or anything," said Sue with a large grin on her face.

After that, Kagome just went upstairs to take a bath and a long nap. Before she laid down all she could think was, can't I get a break?

What she didn't know was that she was about to undertake a completely new quest starting in a couple of weeks.