InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Lining to Bliss ❯ Silver Lining to Bliss 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I want to give thanks to x0SilverFeathersx0 who beta this story for me.


I want to thank Nauto Fan Productions who give me in an idea for a title for this story.



The phone call, the surprises, and—what, a new school?

Ring ring ring.

Shun had been signing some important documents when he heard the phone ring. Immediately, he set his pen down, and picked up the device by the time the third ring ended. "Hello, this is Ritse Shun speaking, may I ask who is calling?" he said with a business-like edge in his tone.

"Oh, Shun, it's Sue. I've got some great news—Kagome found out about the arranged marriage!"

"How did she find out, Sue? I thought we agreed not to tell them until they turned eighteen?" asked Shun, his voice softer than before.

"Ah, I just figure she found out on her own—you know, through a friend or through the internet." It was obvious she was smiling as she spoke.

"I suppose you are right, Sue," replied Shun, relaxing. "Well, I better inform Kasanode then. Oh, and Sue, I was able to get Kagome into Ouran High School for you. I hope you'll reconsider someday and let me sign Sota up as well. I've also gotten her uniform and it'll be delivered to her soon. Ah, and not to forget—I've hired some people to help you move your furniture from the shrine."

"Oh, thank you Shun," said the woman on the other line gratefully. "When will Kagome be starting at her new school? And, when will the moving vans and workers be here? Thank you, by the way, but Sota insists he does not want to go to that big fancy school."

Unperturbed, Shun replied, "Kagome will start at the school in two weeks, and the movers will be there in three days."

"All right, that's good. It'll give me enough time to tell Kagome and help her pack her things."

Remembering he had a lot of work left to complete, Shun decided to wrap things up. "Well, Sue, I'm glad everything is working out so perfectly. I've got to go now, so goodbye and take care."

"Thank you, Shun. Bye, and good luck with telling Kasanode."

After that, they both hung up.

- After Kagome's Nap -

She was wondering what her mother had discussed with that man named Shun. Therefore, Kagome went downstairs to find out. In the dining room was where she found the older woman.

"Mom, so what happened when you called Shun?" she asked.

Sue looked at her daughter with a smile and said, "Oh, Kagome. He is fine with it and I have some good news; you are going to be living with Shun and Kasanode, and you are also going to be attending Ouran High in two weeks. However, you'll be moving out in three days so we have to start packing now."

The only thing Kagome could ask was, "Why me?" in a somewhat angry tone. She had no choice but to go upstairs with her mom and start packing.

- The Day the Movers Arrived -

"Hey, sis, be good!" Sota yelled when Kagome got up into the moving van.

Sue gave her son a glare that told him to behave, and then she looked at her daughter and said, "I love you, my little girl. I am going to miss you, but please understand; this is for the best."

Kagome simply replied, "I love you to mom and Sota I love you also you can have my room brat but don't paint it black or any other weird color — okay?"

"Gee, thanks, sis," replied Sota with a grin on his face.

After that, Kagome shut the door and the van drove away.

- Ritse Home -

"I still can't believe I have a fiancé…," mumbled Kasanode.

"Would you calm down, son?" It was Shun. He was getting rather annoyed of how his son was wallowing in denial. Quite plainly, he had freaked out after being told that he was to marry Kagome, claiming that he couldn't marry his best friend and no less, someone he hadn't seen for a long time. If Kagome wasn't throwing a fit, then Kasanode should have been able to behave himself as well.

"Calm down? How would you like it if someone did this to you!" Kasanode yelled.

"The marriage between your mother and I was a product of arrangement, and it was love at first sight. You and Kagome are perfect for each other. You are her strength, and she will be yours."

"Dad, have you ever once thought that maybe mom was not the one you were meant to marry after you married her?"

"No, Kasanode, she was my other half. My good and my bad." Even as he spoke of his deceased wife, there was a sad smile on his face.

"Alright, dad…I guess it could have been worse…"

"Yes, son, I could have arranged you to marry some girl who thinks of herself and no one else."

"So will Kagome be attending Ouran High with me?" Kasanode questioned.

"Yes, and I would like it if you show her around and introduce her to your friends. Help her ease in."

"All right, dad."

Just then, the moving van came up in their driveway. Kagome exited the van and walked up to the two males waiting for her at the door. Shun immediately hugged her.

"Wow, Kagome, you've grown to be a beautiful young lady," he said with a hint of awe in his voice.

Kasanode himself was shocked. The little girl he had known back then had changed. Her hair was done in a bun that was held up by chopsticks, her bangs were long, and a few on the side went past her shoulders and had a little wave to them. Her blue eyes now seemed brighter and her once pink lips were now red. She was wearing a black halter-top and a red skirt that went to her knees, as well as black high heel sandals. While Kasanode was gauging Kagome, she was doing the same thing to him.

She was surprised at how tall he was now—he must have been about six feet, while she was merely five foot five. His red hair is short in the back, but he has long bangs, and his brown eyes were now a hue lighter; and he had even lost some of the anger on his face from before.

While they were there gazing at each other, they did not notice Shun walking back inside his home to call Sue and tell her that their kids seemed to like each other.