InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ of all things ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
*- annotation: please note that the school system that I created for them is much like what we use in America. Yes, I am well aware (now) that school is not like this in Japan. I based it off my high school experience, however. Eight periods a day, forty-six minutes each.
 
~<>~CHAPTER 6 ~<>~ `of all the people…'
 
 
 
The following forty minutes of her abnormally boring gym class seemed to drag on for nothing short of eternity. `I knew I shouldn't of gotten out of bed this morning…I knew it! Maybe everything would have been avoided if I had just pulled that damned pillow over my head a little tighter…or chucked my alarm out the window.'
 
Not more then a minute after that arrogant jerk, of who was the frosting to the crappy day, had turned his back to the girls thinking him victorious in her humiliation, the interrogation by her friends and by her own conscious began. Even now, nearly an hour later, it continued to grate on her remaining nerves.
 
The three high school girls were now seated on the bench watching the other kids in class play a rousing game of soccer. The boys, who the school refused to let play with the girls, were on an opposing field playing football. Sango wasn't pleased with that rule, she felt it was sexist. It wasn't that Kagome didn't agree with her, but she would rather play football with a group of girl's then get plowed into the ground by a fully clothed male…with possibly the exception of that glorious… `No, no, bad Kagome! Damnit, if this keeps up, I'm going to need a cold shower!'
Sango and Rin nearly had to drag Kagome to the bench after `the Godly brother' had made his appearance. Kagome could only guess that she looked like she was ready to go in for blood to the hanyou. He had actually laughed at her in front of the gymnasium. Didn't he know who she was? Didn't he know how popular she was? No one laughed at her…they pined for her, they longed for her. Okay, so maybe she was ready to go in for that kill, but hell, it would have been worth it!
A fragil silence had surrounded the girl's for the past few five minutes, one that was bound to be shattered without remorse. Kagome knew how the game worked; they would try to ware her down with a bombardment of questions, let her believe herself safe for an awkward few moments of silence to linger over her answers, and then blow her head off with the next round. She was ready when Sango spoke up. “Kagome.”
Kagome didn't acknowledge that anyone was talking to her but softly groaned at the sound of her name. She wasn't up for any more questions, let alone any more arguments. She just wanted to crawl back into her bed, one that thoughts of that bastard didn't reside.
“…Are you sure that arrogant son of a bitch was really the same guy from the club? How do you know he didn't just overhear us and decide to prove himself an asshole?”
 
“I'm sure.” Was Kagome's very brief but direct answer. Her mind, however, seemed to have a lot more to say on the matter. `I would never forget those eyes; they're like liquid gold. It's like staring into a raging volcano bent on destruction; it's so beautiful yet so dangerous' Kagome shook her head, trying to rattle the image out of her brain. `Damnit, why can't I get him out of my thoughts? I've never had it for a guy like this! I feel my blood boiling with I think about how his hands felt wrapped around me. Is it possible to get a high from just thoughts alone?'
 
Rin licked her lips and slowly answered Sango's question for Kagome, seeing the girl's reluctance to participate further. “That ass is defiantly the other bastard's brother. You never see a set of beautiful silver haired guys who can have such a deficiency in interpersonal communication skills. …jerk.” She couldn't help the tainted frustration in her voice. Everything always worked out for Kagome; the girl's hardest decision was whether to date Hojo or Kouga…or what color pants to match with her Gucci purse. She didn't know the blackness that could engulf life. And for a moment, Rin had seen a ray of hope, a ray of light, even if it came in the form of some condescending bastard; he was gorgeous. `Kagome gets her prince charming…well…at least her oger…I'm left high and dry, knowing I'll never see mine again. How is this fair?'
 
Sango bit her lip, watching both Rin and Kagome drift off into their own little worlds and sighed loudly, trying to jar them back to her impending reality. “Kagome, what about Hojo? He's cute, he's smart and if you're dating someone, that ass is bound to leave you alone!”
 
Kagome didn't spare Sango a glance. Her eyes drifted slowly across the frosty green fields of grass towards the boys playing a rather rough game of tackle. “Who?” Though her brain refused to acknowledge the boy's identity, it still processed the thought. `Hojo…a week ago I would have been gushing over his attention. But did I ever like Hojo? He's been asking me out for months…but I've never given him the time. Is it that he's not what I want? Can he be that guy I need? His name is most defiantly not the name I want to be screaming with my legs wrapped around'Kagome's face ignited in a red hot blush that ran down her neck and under her shirt as she nearly gasped out loud. `Did I really just think that? Oh, what is this pervert doing to me?'
 
Rin and Sango exchanged a worried glance. Rin was the first to speak. “Kagome…you can't be serious? Come on…this guy is a complete asshole! He's trouble…just look who he is hanging out with?” Luckily Rin's attention was on Kagome so much in fact that she didn't notice the redness of Sango's cheeks. She continued ranting, “I mean…that guy is absolutely trouble with a capital T! You could practically get high standing next to him; he reeked of that `stuff' so strongly! We all know that `that' is a problem!”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and sighed heavily. `I've never been affected by a boy like this! Maybe…maybe I should try to talk to him…. yell at him for the way he treated me! Maybe it's just that I'm…' Kagome sighed again and stared at her hands. She turned and stared into Sango's eyes, her own pleading for help. “Sango…I don't know what to do! I have never felt this way about anyone!”
 
Sango smiled and wrapped her arms around Kagome's shoulders. “Kags…. come on, he's obviously not good and Rin has stated why that is. Kagome, think of Hojo; nice, friendly, innocent of murder and drug possession Hojo. That creep…he's just a hood…. as the Elite's would call him, a waste of life.”
 
Kagome heard Sango's description of Hojo then stopped listening. It was always the same, she thought sadly, `Go with Hojo, Kagome…he's so dreamy. So nice and so sweet…' Kagome always had to fight the urge to retch on the spot. `Hojo is so innocent…he would never be able to turn me on like…'She looked to the ground to avoid her flustered face from being noticed by everyone. `Why did he have to come here, of all school in Japan? Why this one and why in my class?'
 
A football interrupted the girls gossiping as it sailed through the tiny gap of mere inches between Sango and Kagome's heads. Gasping, Kagome fell backwards off the bench renouncing the very last ounce of dignity that she had left in her body. Staring from her upside-down position, she glared back to see a very pissed off white haired god staring at them, chuckling at her current position. Sango turned around like someone lit a fire under her and grabbed Kagome's arm to help her back to the bench. She then stood up and picked up the football. She held it for a long moment, her eyes interlocking with InuYasha. “I think you dropped this, Asshole. Come get it!”
 
InuYasha stared at the girl from across the field, a look of triumph stretched across his face. He could hear what the bitches were saying and didn't like it at all. `They don't fuckin know me! How dare they make assumptions!' Anger led to the ball nearly taking off the rambling girl's head. The only thing that made him not hit her was the glare that Miroku had been giving him. Hearing Sango's announcement, he marched towards the girl. He held out a hand as he reached her yet she pulled the ball back. His eyes darkened and narrowed into slits as he stared at her venomously. “Give me the ball, Wench!”
 
Sango chewed on her lip as she stared at the angry boy in front of her. “I think you owe my friend Kagome an apology, besides for the fact that you nearly just killed us!”
 
InuYasha turned and glared at Kagome. The poor girl seemed on the verge of tears. `This is too easy,' InuYasha thought as he slowly turned his head back towards Sango. His lips grew into a smirk. “Look, Bitch, just give me my fuckin ball and I'll let you go back to your petty gossiping! I would never apologize to someone like her…like you. I don't owe you shit besides for a good ass kicking for the way you're talking to me!” He bent towards Sango, who was now fuming with anger, and grinned. His voice was above a dull whisper. “You don't know me, so don't fuck with me.”
 
Sango's back went ridged and she threw the ball up in the air a few times, catching it with her right hand while she stared at the boy before her. Rin was now on her feet standing next to her friend, fury blazing in their aura. Sango glared at Rin who in turn glared at InuYasha. “Stay away from Kagome, Asshole!” Rin added. Sango then tossed the ball up in the air and that's when things got nasty.
 
InuYasha reached up and grabbed the ball, momentarily taking his eyes away from the females in front of him. As he did so, Rin reared back and kicked InuYasha directly between his legs, catching him as hard as she could with her knee. InuYasha then missed the football, which clonked him in the face, and dropped to his knees with a very deep growl of pain before keeling over. Sango and Rin stepped back smiling at the crumpled form of their opponent. They turned and grabbed Kagome's arms, pulling her from the scene. They did miss, however, the red that now engulfed the eyes of the hanyou that they so treacherously took down. Standing, he turned glaring at the girls. He took a step to follow them to end their existence for daring the do such a thing when he ran into another body. He glared into two piercing blue eyes that were staring at him angrily. “Move.”
 
The boy with the blue eyes glared back and scoffed. His voice was deeper then InuYasha and his black hair tied in a tight ponytail swayed while he talked. “Look, dog shit, you're new here so I shall forgive your ignorance today, just like I did your brother for his dominant shit on the bus.”
 
“Oh, you're the mangy wolf that my brother threw out of the backseat of the bus…now I know why your stench was familiar!” He could feel more rage boiling inside of him. His eyes and his anger fell away from the girls and focused now on the boy who was in his way.
 
Kouga stared at InuYasha with disgust. “Look…stay away from Kagome. She's mine.”
 
InuYasha stared for a moment then smirked. All anger seemed to fade from his body and was replaced with a stubbornness instilled to the hanyou by his father. A proud cocky smile was its trademark. “Maybe in your darkest fantasy wolf shit, but in this world, your stench is but your own. You haven't marked her…so in my book, that means she's up for grabs!”
 
Kouga balled his hands into tight fists as he stared at the hanyou. “Don't even think about defiling my woman, mutt face! Kagome is mine, got it?”
 
InuYasha leaned in to stare into the stranger's eyes. “Not a snowballs chance in hell, ass wipe. She'll be mine before the end of the week…that's a guarantee.”
 
Kouga grinned and crossed his bronze muscular arms in front of his chest. “Care to make a wager on that bet, dog breath?”
 
InuYasha mimicked the wolf's stance and grinned. “What do you have in mind?”
Kouga snorted and tilted his head to his shoulder. “Say…if you don't claim her by the end of the week you leave her the fuck alone. I mean it, mutt, no talking to her, no ogling her…just stay the fuck away from her!”
 
InuYasha scoffed and retorted, “And what the hell do I get out of this? What could you possibly offer me to make this worth my wile?”
 
Kouga thought for a long moment then shrugged. “Booze…drugs…. whatever. I have my connections. What would you want?”
 
InuYasha tilted his head, as if thinking then nodded. “I want all of the above…plus for you to refer to me as lord for the rest of the school year. Got that, you mangy pest?”
 
Kouga looked as if he had been hit by a truck but quickly recovered and nodded. He grinned and turned on his heels. “By the way, mutt face, my names Kouga. You'll know it well…after all, it's what Kagome will be screaming soon enough!”
 
Miroku was by InuYasha's side as soon as Kouga was gone. The two stared at each other before retiring to the locker rooms. He had to use all of his strength from laughing at the limping hanyou. “You know, InuYasha, a wise man once said `hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'. You may wish to be careful as to how you proceed with your arrangement with Kouga.”
InuYasha whipped his head around to stare at his friend. “You heard that?” Miroku only nodded and InuYasha scoffed, crossing his arms. “Stay out of it, monk…I can get down that wench's pants easily.”
 
Miroku shrugged and slightly smiled. `I guess he doesn't want to know Kagome's past with boys…I guess he doesn't want to know how pure this girl really is. If he only knew what he was dabbling in…oh well, let him choose the path less traveled by…' He settled his answer with a simple “hmm” before walking to the locker room with the hanyou in tote.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Kagome's day at no point got any better. In fact, it continued to spiral downhill faster then an eighteen-wheeler on an ice bank. The new kid was in every single on of her classes. He sat by Miroku, who sat annoyingly close to Sango, and glared at her every time she turned to see if he was looking. `Its like he's mocking me,' she thought with disgust. `I'm going to have to put up with this for a full year! Can I kill myself now?'
 
Kagome tried to busy herself in her classes with Sango and her two other friends Eri and Ayme. They hardly noticed her distant gaze or her intentional stares at the boy in the black hoodie that slept in the back of the room. It was sad, really, Kagome often found herself thinking, as to how much of a gap really was between the girls that she hung out with the girls that Miroku and Koga associated with. Karon, a very antisocial member of the hoods, would often glare at the girls obviously mocking then though she and Kagome had never spoken more then two words at each other.
 
`She's been in my classes since ninth grade and in two years, I still never spoke with her. Does that make me the bitch? She's so quick to criticize and ridicule Sango, Eri, Ayme, and me…but we never did anything to her. I don't get it…' She would always just shake her head and go back to her work. `Its always like this,' she thought glaring at her paper, `every year the four groups recruit new members into its organization and break friendships of kids and ignite the fire to fuel battles long ahead in life's paths. It's ridiculous but with people like Jaken and Kouga…people like Kikyo and Naraku…they will always be around…will always make sure that there is a battle for tomorrow brewing. Someone will always initiate the hate for someone different then themselves and push their beliefs onto others. No one will ever question it…dare alone defy it.'
 
Kagome was now stuck in that whirlwind…she was expected by her friends to date Hojo…he was after all a star track runner and not to mention a perfect. It was within her own group, so everyone accepted it. It was very rare for people in different groups to mingle, let alone date. Those that did were normally shunned by the school and became the joke of their classmates…the people who they so freely bestowed the title of `friend' upon.
 
Before Kagome knew it, the lunch bell had rung. Now she sat with her friends at their lunch table in the front of the cafeteria. She was, as always, sitting next to Sango with Rin on her right side. Eri, Ayme, Hojo sat with them as well. Kagome tired hard not to focus on the fact that every conversation in the lunchroom consisted, in some form, of her outbursts in gym class. Her friends avoided the topic and instead talked about nothing really important, some stuff about social events coming up such as concerts or parties. They spoke of classes they liked and problems they couldn't understand. It was not a baseless existence as many dared to mock, but a well kept one. No fluctuation…no change…no one ever dared to interrupt the table of `the perfects', but instead chose to walk around the teens whispering about rumors of the kids and the latest gossip. Yet that too was all soon to change.
 
Miroku and InuYasha arrived late to lunch, their Math teacher felt the need to lecture the two drugged out boys about the ethics of sleeping in class and how they would never go anywhere in life. They hardly listened, as their stomach's demanded their attention. They ploughed through the lunchroom, slamming their book bags down on the table closest to the wall and the exit of the building. Both boys then bullied their way through the lunch line, got what they needed and walked in silence back to their table…the way that everyone normally did. InuYasha noticed Kagome looking in his direction and upon meeting his gaze, she redirected her stare into the ramblings of the nosey girls who sat with her. A smile played on InuYasha's lips as he took a minor detour; a detour that would change the rest of his life.
 
InuYasha dropped his tray off at the table and grinned to his new friends. Miroku, Karon, Kouga and Ginta stared at him in wonder as he swaggered her way up to Kagome's table. With an ear wrenching screech, like nails on a chalkboard, InuYasha dragged a plastic orange chair next to Kagome. He pushed it forward, so it rested on its two front legs and spun it around, so the backrest was facing her. He then lifted his left let over the chair and sat towards her, straddling the metal contraption. He stared at the side of her face, hardly containing his grin to the knowledge that all conversation had ceased in an instant at the table. All eyes now bore into him, except the eyes that he wanted to look into again. He felt his lips slide into a smirk as he watched her fight to keep from looking at him.
 
Rin broke the silence by huffing out, “Are you lost?”
 
InuYasha ignored her and continued to stare at the now bright red Kagome. He growled lowly, enough only for her and Sango to hear him, since he had just about knocked Sango out of her own chair as he made room for himself. “Princess…” his tone was full of diabolical condensations. He took on a tone that a father would use to scold a young child. “…You're not being very friendly.” His grin widened as her face darkened but she still insisted on not looking at him. A flash of evil crossed his eyes as he dropped into a deep pout and blinked a few times at the girl. “Princess, I'm hurt. You played nice with me at the club, and had little trouble with me touching you there. But now that we have such a great chance to really get to know each other…you want no part in it,” he laid his hand over his heart and dropped his shoulders, feigning heartache. “It hurts…really.”
 
Kagome eyes blazed with anger as she turned to stare at the boy. “Shut up! God, leave me alone!”
 
“Princess…” his angry parent tone returned with a vengeance.
 
Hojo was on his feet in a minute, staring at the boy from across the table. “The lady told you to leave her alone. I think you need to move on. Now!”
 
InuYasha ignored him as well then wrapped his arm around Kagome, earning a loud yelp from the unsuspecting girl. He looked at her closely then turned and smiled a shit-eating grin at Hojo. “I'm talking to Kagome, homo…not you, so fuck off.” He then turned back to stare at Kagome. “Princess…I think we need to get to know each other better, preferably without these garments getting in the way.” Ignoring the angry huff that seemed to emanate from everyone at the table, he continued talking. “So what you're going to do is write down your address and I am going to pick you up Friday night.” He leaned in to the girl's ear and whispered, “Then we'll see if you really taste as good as I think you do.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened and she turned quickly. “You pervert!” Placing both of her hands on the back of his chair, she pushed and sent the hanyou tumbling to the floor, the chair flipping over his head and crashing into another table. InuYasha rubbed his head and glared at Kagome, who had quickly gathered her things and began to storm out of the cafeteria in tears.
 
All eyes were now glued to him. With a sly smile, he screamed out to the escaping girl, “So is that a yes?” The door slammed in his response. He smiled and stood up, meeting Sango's angry glare.
 
“Was the fucking necessary?” Her tone was colder then any glare that Sesshoumaru could have ever mustered.
 
`The ice prince would be impressed,' InuYasha thought in wonder. He merely shrugged and walked over Miroku's table, where all inhabitants were hysterical with laughter. Inwardly, InuYasha felt bad. `I didn't mean to make her cry…shit, I thought the bitch was stronger then that.' He shook his head and plopped down in his chair. `I really hope she is because I'm looking forward to a challenge.'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
2sd revision. Thank you all for the support!