InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ The forsaken night ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

~<>~Chapter 14 ~<>~ the forsaken night

Kagome sat in front of her vanity brushing her long ebony black hair, glaring at the clock that sat on the corner of her dresser. With a deep sigh, she stood swiftly and pulled a black spaghetti strapped tang-top out of her dresser with a black sheer long sleeve top to put over it. She pulled out a pair of jeans then sighed staring at them. She bit her lips and tapped her chin. Her eyes darkened as the words of the arrogant son of a bitch echoed through her head. "Don't wear anything that you really like, or for that matter is to hard to remove. It will be only my floor by morning." She nearly growled as rage once again over took her body. It was a different kind of rage though…. a kind of fury that she hadn't ever known before this past week. It was a feeling of loathing and desire…it was a feeling that tugged at her heart every time she linked eyes with the gold-eyed demon. It was a magnetic field that surrounded to two, drawing the complete opposites together. Repulsion always found its way into her actions but the heated attraction between the two could not be ignored. Gritting her teeth, Kagome mentally acknowledged the fact that a very, very, small part of her liked the attention that InuYasha bestowed upon her…okay, so it was a very very large part of her. She had observed him for the week in school and vigilantly watched his interaction with the other females. That morning when he showed up looking like a model he instantly gained a place in every girl's heart that laid eyes on him. They followed him around, flaunted their bodies at him, and Kagome even watched as some blatantly showered him with adornment. Yet he rejected them all…he pushed them away, yelled at them, and called them names that could make even a sailor blush. In the middle of all of the attention, Kagome realized while shaking her head, his eyes always found her…pulled her out from the crowd and captured her in his dangerous gaze. It was a gaze that Kagome knew if she stared to long into, she would lose herself in. She sighed and grabbed a denim skirt out of the closet and slid up over her smooth legs and flawless skin. She settled it on her tiny hips and turned to stare in the mirror. She ran her hands over her flat belly and pushed her hair behind her ears. She shuddered as she remembered the feel of Inuyasha's lips on her neck…of his breath on her ear. He had found a way to ignite the darkest of passions within this girl's body…passions that were perilous and fueled by the deepest of desires. She busied herself with adding makeup to her eyes…coating her top lids in a beautiful shade of beige; she lined her eyes with thick black eyeliner, and defined her eyelashes with dark midnight blue mascara. She glanced once more at the clock and gasped. She ran to the bathroom door and put her ear to it. Inside she could hear the hair dryer humming away as Sango took her time getting ready. Kagome pounded once on the door, and yelled inside, "come on Sango…its quarter till six! If we don't go now…"

Sango opened the door and stared at her friend. She was dressed in a pair of low rise hip hugging jeans and a well fitted black quarter length sleeve shirt that blatantly stated in bold red letters across the front, `doesn't play well with others.' Sango's hair was flat ironed straight and cascaded across her shoulders. She grinned at her friend and pushed her way out of the bathroom. "All right…I get your point. Lets just go…"

Kagome sighed and followed behind her friend, fiddling with her fingers. "You know why we need to go, right?"

Sango grabbed her sneakers and threw them onto her feet. She turned and gave Kagome a wide grin. "Because you're afraid that InuYasha will keep good on his word."

Kagome's eyes narrowed as she slid herself into a pair of knee length black boots. "He will, Sango…I've never seen such determination in a guy before. Sheer arrogance, mind you, but determination never the less."

Sango laughed ruefully and shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever you say, Kagome. I just really don't think that they would show up. But hey, we get to see The Grudge and get ice cream. I'm not going to complain!" The two girls grabbed their purses and ran down the steps. Sango paused at the bottom and checked her pockets after quickly rummaging through her purse. "Do you have my cell phone?"

Kagome sighed and opened her purse while walking towards the door. She fumbled with one hand on the doorknob and her other hand through her purse. "Yeah…." She grinned, looking back at the panicking girl over her right shoulder, as she swung the door open while holding up the tiny blue piece of technology. She continued to walk until her foot wound its way around the rug by her door. With a gasp, she felt herself falling forward towards the wooden steps that were outside of the shrine. She closed her eyes and braced for the searing pain she knew would soon follow. She heard Sango scream her name. she waited….and waited…but there was no thump…no pain…there was however, an oddly placed strong arm wrapped around her body. She grimaced before opening her eyes. InuYasha had caught her as she stumbled out the door. Now she was being supported by the hanyou with his arm wrapped underneath her, tightly around her ribs. She turned to look up at the hanyou and he casually lifted her off the ground and flipped her over like a pancake, so that he was now holding her bridal style. She groaned in embarrassment and closed her eyes, placing one hand over her eyes.

"Well, princess, I really didn't expect you to fall for me this fast…but hey…. whatever works for you." He grinned down at the beet red girl and then placed her on her feet. "Are you going to be okay to walk or do you need help with that too?"

Kagome sighed heavily and glared over her shoulder at Sango, who was staring at the interaction with wide eyes. Kagome gave her friend a very callous stare, blaming her for their current predicament. Sango gaped for a moment and crossed her arms.

InuYasha glared at the two girls for a moment reading their unspoken words. He grinned and inhaled sharply, "we decided to come early to get you guys…. you know since guys don't take long to get ready and oh yes, since I figured you two were going to try to ditch out on this."

Kagome sighed and turned her head back to InuYasha, anger beginning to swirl in her chocolate eyes again. "I thought I told you that there was no way in hell we were going out tonight. And I know I said that I was spending the night with Sango!"

Inuyasha's grin widened as he scratched the side of his head. He ran his eyes over her outfit, trying to keep his breath controlled. `God, she looks like a goddess.' He eyed her outfit wondering exactly how easy it would be to peal her out of those clothes. "Well, if you study while your dressed like that, I want to know where to sign up!" he ran his tongue over his lips and raised an eyebrow. "Anyway, I made reservations at Foyes downtown. Lets get going…"

Kagome watched the hanyou stare at her, his eyes tracing the curves of her body. It would be a dark day before she would ever admit just how turned on she was by his gawking stare. She met his glare and returned it with a very annoyed one of her own. Her eyes detached themselves from his golden stare and traveled quickly over his outfit. The looked to the ground quickly as another wave of her `rage' boiled over her blood. `He's perfect…just like how I remember him from the club. So gorgeous…so….' She took a deep breath as she felt her cheeks twinge pink. He was wearing a very suave looking black button down collared shirt, which was hanging loosely over a pair of black dress slacks. He had a pair of his red tinted sunglasses resting on the brim of his nose. Trying to avoid the burning feeling that now engulfed her heart as well as her abdomen, Kagome looked over her shoulder at Sango and called to her, trying to ignore the boy in front of her. "Lets go Sango, the movie is waiting."

InuYasha held out a hand pause her from walking and was very careful in his words. `She wants to play hard ball…I'm game.' Draping an arm over her, he turned her in the direction of Miroku's Ferrari that was parked across the street from Kagome's house. "I don't think you heard me princess, we have diner reservations."

Kagome shrugged off the boys arm and glared at him. "Maybe you should clean out your ears, I told you yesterday I wasn't going with you…." the realization dawned on her as her mouth gaped open a little. "…. Did you say Foyes?"

The boy grinned as she followed him a little easier towards the car. "Yes, darlin, I did. I called in a few favors and poof, its like magic." He guided her towards the car, knowing full well that Sango was following behind them. He could hear Sango beginning to stutter over her own words, "Kagome…don't you think we should get going? The movie is going to start soon!" with a sigh, she caught up to the two and stood in front of InuYasha, blocking his path. He stopped short and gave Sango an exasperated glare. Sango returned the expression then looked at Kagome, who seemed to be morally indecisive. "Kagome…. remember what we decided we were not going to do today? Your about to do it!" She reached out to grab Kagome's hand but InuYasha slapped her hand away. He then pushed around Sango and pulled Kagome to the car and called over his shoulder, "Sango, I really would suggest you coming. She might need you to keep her in line." He gave Kagome a small grin when she glared up at him, almost as if she had awoken from a trance.

"What, pray tell, would I need to be kept in line for?" She crossed her arms and pulled out of the boy's grasp.

InuYasha sighed as they now stood in the middle of the street. He was growing tired of the games and just wanted to move on to diner. Stepping closer to Kagome, he leaned down and spoke softly. "Look, you go out with me and Miroku tonight…if you don't have a half way decent time, I swear on scouts honor that I will leave you alone."

Kagome glared at the boy for a moment then sighed. "If I go…and that is a big if, then you have to promise to keep your hands and your tongue to yourself!"

InuYasha grinned as he grasped Kagome's hand in his. He turned and pulled her towards the car. Miroku stepped out of the drivers seat and gave Kagome a small reassuring smile. He then lifted back the driver's seat so Kagome could slide into the back. She frowned and looked back at Sango.

Sango was about do some serious ass kicking when Miroku got out of the beautiful car. He was wearing a beautiful silk black button down shirt that had two wide purple stripes gracing the front of his chest. He also, much like InuYasha, wore black slacks. He turned to Sango and smiled at her, his eyes sparkling with untamed adoration. He grinned at the girl and walked up to meet her half way. He gently took her hand in his and brought it to her mouth. With a simple kiss of the back of her hand, he commented, "you look radiant, lady Sango."

Sango's mouth gaped open as she felt herself nodding. Like an out of body experience, Sango found herself being guided by Miroku to the opposite side of his car. He opened the door and helped her get in, then closed it behind her. InuYasha had slid into the backseat next to Kagome as Miroku settled back into the drivers seat. Miroku threw the car into gear and took off, leaving Kagome's house in the dust.

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~~*

Shockingly InuYasha had repressed all urges to claim Kagome right there in the back of the Ferrari as they drove twenty minutes to the elaborate restaurant. They pulled up outside and the four got out, leaving the car to the mercy of valet parking. It took a lot for InuYasha to get Miroku to trust the workers not to harm the car and even more of an effort to pull him away from his baby. They entered the restaurant through the golden archway and the glass doors into a wide lobby where a man in a tux was holding a small book.

He glanced at the four teens in near contempt and scoffed when InuYasha attempted to speak to him. He had some type of European accent, one that no one in the group could quite place. "I'm quite sorry, kiddies, but this is a very high class restaurant…. a restaurant that I'm sure not even a years allowance could pay for one meal at. So why don't you turn around and go to McDonalds down the road." The man looked over Kagome and Sango's apparel with a deep scowl. "Not to mention there is a dress code that states no street urchins allowed."

Kagome's jaw dropped in aghast as her and Sango quickly crossed their arms defensively.

InuYasha glanced at Miroku then at the smirking doorman. He clenched his hands at the side of his body praying that something would help him control the anger that was festering in his body. Through clenched teeth, InuYasha called out, "I have a reservation…"

The man stared at InuYasha then laughed in his face. "I have the right to revoke anyone from the premises…reservation or not." He gave then a small flick of his wrist, "now be gone from here."

InuYasha counted to five and replied back, draining all of his patience on the single task. "Tashio, InuYasha…"

The smile slid off of the man's face as he quickly glared from InuYasha to the others. He cleared his throat as the color drained from his face. "As.." he cleared his throat again and looked towards the carpet muttering, "as in Inu no Tashio?"

A small smile began to curve on the hanyou's lips as he scoffed back, "the one and only."

The man seemed beside himself with embarrassment. He looked up at the boy, his eyes holding a respect that Kagome marveled at. "I am quite sorry, young sir…we just get a lot of…"

InuYasha growled loudly. "Can it, I'm done with you. Show us to our fuckin table already!"

With a grunt, the man grabbed four menus and rushed them into the main ballroom. There were cathedral like ceilings, all lined in stained glass. A fountain was in the middle of the room, and a live orchestra sat around it playing Mozart and Bach. The group was seated close to the orchestra and abandoned by the rude host. Kagome and Sango stared around the ballroom in absolute wonder. Kagome blushed as her gaze fell onto InuYasha as she quickly said, "we could just as easily eat at McDonalds…I'm serious…"

InuYasha grinned and shook his head. "McDonalds is no place for you, Princess. You deserve a good night…" a waiter came by and took drink orders, staring down the group the entire time. Now both Kagome and Sango seemed out of sorts as the boys tried to make the best of the evening.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The glass doors to Foyes burst open and the four laughing teens stumbled out onto the street. Miroku's Ferrari was already waiting for them when the reached the street. Kagome jumped into the back seat and giggled as InuYasha landed next to her. "I don't believe you told that waiter to go to hell!" she called up to the red faced girl.

Miroku slid into the drivers seat and adjusted his mirrors. "Sango, that was priceless! I never knew you had that in you."

Sango was the last to enter the car, her eyes still blazing with anger. She turned quickly to pin Miroku with an angry glare. "I have a lot of hostility in me, Houshi…" she looked over her shoulder at the two laughing kids in the back. "He tried to grope me….do you understand that?"

InuYasha laughed harder as he laid his head against the headrest. "Actually Sango…. that was Miroku!" the two erupted again in fits of laughter as Miroku smiled sheepishly. "Thanks guys," he muttered as Sango's intense glare could have burned holes in his head.

"Houshi, is that true?" She leaned over and gave Miroku a hard slap across his face, leaving a slight indentation of her palm on his cheek. She didn't need to wait for an answer, it all made sense. Sango had gotten up to excuse herself to the bathroom when she felt a hand on her hip, reaching around for her butt. She turned quickly to find a young waiter standing behind her, not truly paying much attention. `If only I followed the arm,' she thought, as she suddenly turned very red. `Oh no…' she covered her face remembering the final part of the show. Sango grabbed her cup of water and threw it onto the stunned waiter, not waiting for an answer, and screamed, "How dare you touch me!" the waiter, in shock and anger, wiped the water away from his face and stern fully called back, "have you lost your mind as well as your dignity wench?" She slapped the man upside his right cheek and screamed, "Go to hell, bastard!"

Sango crossed her arms and glared out into the night sky scornfully, ignoring the apologies of the man next to her.

InuYasha grinned as he finally stopped laughing. He leaned up between the two trying to help change the subject. "Hey…do you guys want to see a movie or go to Abyss?"

Kagome glanced at the clock. They had two hours until Rin got off work, and then they were going to crash at her place for the night. At least that was the original plan. Kagome called out, "I say Abyss…" she turned to glare at the hanyou who had sat back and was staring at her. "And I expect you to keep your end of the deal."

InuYasha gave Kagome a very unnerving grin. "Actually, I never agreed to your clause, though you did to mine." He winked at her and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her against his shoulder. She struggled in vain for a moment then sighed heavily and relaxed against the hanyou.

Miroku sighed as he glanced at Sango's back, which was facing him. "Sango…I am truly sorry. You see, I have a curse on my left hand…. I'm shocked that you are just learning about it…"

Sango turned around and glared at the monk, her eyes not quite as angry as they had been. "Can it, monk. I remember you using that excuse back in seventh grade! It didn't work then and it sure as hell won't work now!"

Miroku's eyes widened in a playful sorrow at her words. "Why, Sango, I am not lying. Generations ago, my family had a curse…" he sighed as Sango turned to glare back out the window. "I'm sorry…"

Sango sighed an acceptance of his apology but she continued to stare out the window.

Miroku shrugged and glanced at the hanyou through his rearview mirror. "All right, Abyss it is then!"

InuYasha heard his friend's words but did not respond. He was in his own world and was quite intent on not being disturbed from it. He had his arm wrapped around Kagome and she was leaning into his chest. Staring down into her black hair, he found contentment. It was a good feeling…a feeling that he had long been without. The first day he laid eyes on Kagome in the club, he knew that she could bring him back to this…to rekindle emotions that had long past died within his heart. She could save him. He couldn't help being an ass to her; it was a self defense mechanism. Not to mention, it won over a lot of girls at his other school. But none of them were like Kagome…not a single one. Kagome was pure…she was everything that he had looked for in a girl; she was smart, funny, beautiful, wise…and feisty. He was amazed, actually, that she had yet to castrate him for everything he had put her through. Each day she let a little more slide with his actions. He knew that she was turned on by him, he could smell that the minute he laid a hand on her. Did she know how she affected him? Did she know how he really felt about her…that she was in all of his dreams? He closed his eyes and thrived in the fact that for the moment being, it was just he and Kagome and no one could take that away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome made her way up the black pavement towards the door, earning a lot of tedious name-calling and screams from the hundreds of kids waiting in the queue line. The others followed behind her grinning evilly at the line bound kids that would probably not make it in before the end of the night. Kagome plastered a giant grin on her face as she rounded the corner and came face to face with Haigar. She tossed her hair over her shoulder and gave the bouncer a sweet smile. "Haigar, how are you?"

The bouncer turned to give Kagome a wide grin as he opened the velvet ropes. "You look radiant as always Kagome…Sango…" his eyes met up with the two boys as the smile fell from his face. He looked back at Kagome who beckoned for the guys to follow her. He turned around and his eyes locked with InuYasha.

A growl formed in Inuyasha's throat as he watched the demon eye up Kagome. He walked through the rope and got directly in his face. The man turned back to find himself staring into two very angry amber eyes. "Don't fuckin even look at her, demon, she's mine." The words seeped through his teeth as he spewed them out. `There is no fuckin way this guy is getting near Kagome…none what so ever!'

The bouncer's left eye twitched but he backed down, allowing the two boys to enter.

Miroku glanced at InuYasha and shook his head. `which subject to touch on first?' Miroku cleared his throat earning the attention of his friend. "So does one date automatically make Kagome yours or is there more to it?"

InuYasha narrowed his eyes at Miroku and spat back, "no, but when I'm done with her tonight, she'll be mine."

Miroku laughed at his friend's boldness and walked to catch up with the girls.

Sango and Kagome had already tried to find Rin, but failed and had gotten a table on the third level of the club (that's the one right above the dance floor). Sitting down, Kagome quickly eyed the club for anyone she knew and any people that she didn't want to see. InuYasha appeared behind Kagome and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "What do you say you show me some of those moves now?" he purred into her ear.

She turned around, slightly startled, and smirked. "I thought you didn't want to see them on the dance floor?" she nearly gasped at how seductive her voice sounded. She could just about feel her temperature sky rocket five degrees as his eyes widened slightly. He gave her a sly smile that made her feel very numb in part of her body. It was a smile that made her heart flutter and her core burn with need. She tried to ignore the sensation that was overcoming her body and she stood slowly.

InuYasha grinned as he removed his hold on her so she could stand. He leaned in towards her and whispered in her ear as they walked onto the floor, "how about you give me a taste of what you can do and I'll give you a piece of what you'll be begging for later."

Kagome's eyes widened but she didn't pull away…she couldn't pull away. `This is what I feared!' she thought as she turned herself to rest her back against the hanyou, `I won't be able to stop this…. he's going to win with very little persuasion. What have I succumb to? How does he get me to hate him and want him in the same breath?' she began to sway her hips, leaving a little room between her and InuYasha, enough so that she wasn't rubbing up against him. He growled slightly and wrapped his left arm around her stomach, resting his fingers on her right hip. He pulled her closer to him, so that she was grinding herself against him. He took a deep breath before he began to sway to the motion of her hips…the motion that was driving him wild.

Sango stared at her best friend as if she was a stranger. Her eyes watched as InuYasha wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her flat up against him. She shook her head slowly, trying to grasp the understanding of what was happening to Kagome. Miroku sat down next to her, handing her a coke. "Where is…" Miroku's eyes followed Sango's glare and he quickly understood. He laughed lowly and shook his head. "I got to hand it to him…"

Sango took a sip of her drink before turning to glare at Miroku. "Hand what to him?"

Miroku laughed again and sighed deeply. "He had his sights set on Kagome from the minute he saw her…he told me about what happened in the club…" he shook his head and took a chug of his coke. "You know…at first I was sure that he was pursuing her to get a rise out of her…. to get under her skin. But now…." Miroku glanced over at Sango and stared at her, "she's all he talks about and all he sees in life…. she's what he wants, and he's determined to get her." Though he had meant InuYasha…suddenly he wasn't sure if he was discussing his friends emotions or his own.

Sango met his glare and found herself deep in his eyes again. She nodded absently to his words as they stared at each other, at a loss for words.

Miroku coughed lightly into his hand, breaking the gaze. Though he wanted Sango more then InuYasha could have ever wanted Kagome, he wanted to wait for the opportune moment to confess it, and a noisy smelly club was not the place to do so. He shifted nervously in his seat as he cautiously asked her, "so…. do you want to dance?"

Sango gasped and her eyes fell to her drink. She smiled a small grin. "I really don't dance…that's why I play field hockey and am not on the cheerleading team. It's just ….not me."

Miroku laughed and sighed in relief. "That's good because I suck at dancing." The two laughed lightly and sat back against the chairs, watching their two friends make a mockery of themselves.

The music changed as the two continued to entwine themselves together slowly and seductively. Kevin Lyttle's "Turn Me On" began to blare from the amps that lined the large building. InuYasha smirked as he reached down and grabbed Kagome's hand. Backing up a little, he lifted her arm above her body and spun her around to face him. He placed both of his hands on her hips and began to sway her with the upbeat rhythm, keeping a small distance between them. He then reached out and spun her twice around before catching her in a few salsa steps then dipping her lowly to the ground. She arched her back as he lifted her from the floor seductively. He brought her face to face with him as they mixed the steps of their feet together. He leaned forward and nuzzled the flesh of her cheek with his nose. He gently kissed her cheek as he pulled her flush against his chest. He ran his tongue over the bottom part of her ear and sang the melody very softly in her ear, his voice enchanting her in a euphoric sort of way. "But if you think your gonna get away from me, you better change your mind…cause your going home…your going home with me tonight…let me hold you, girl caress my body, you got me goin crazy…turn me on…turn me on" He pulled back and stared into her eyes with a lust filled gaze. She returned the stare as she lost herself within his amber eyes. His hands slid from her hips to the small of her back as he pulled her closer to him. He leaned down and ran his lips very cautiously over hers.

Her lips burned with passion as he brushed against them. She nearly cried out when he pulled back to stare down at her. She sighed expecting to find herself glaring into his oh-so-common cocky smile. She opened her eyes and nearly gasped. He was staring at her with a very calming charm about him. He gave her one of the first honest smiles she had ever seen come across him as he leaned back down towards her. `God, he really is perfect,' she thought as he brushed his lips against hers again, this time with a little more force. He captured her lips with his own and savored the taste. He opened his mouth to meet with the gap of hers and demanded submission from the girl in front of him. Letting him take over, she found herself melting into his body. `I feel like his arms were made for me,' she thought as she allowed him to kiss her. Soon the kiss became more demanding…more passionate. It was as if nothing else existed. When Kagome stared up at the hanyou, whose eyes were tightly sealed as his mouth explored her lips, she found them to be the only people in the room. No one else mattered except this man. Something kicked from the inside of her, screaming for her to realize that this is how she should spend the rest of her life; in his arms.

InuYasha moaned as he deepened the kiss, and he ran his tongue over her bottom lip. He felt her body shiver as she quickly granted him access to the deeper regions of her mouth. He ran his tongue across her lips first, to tease, then let it slip inside of her mouth, savoring everything that was Kagome. He lifted one hand from her back to the back of her head as he pushed harder against her mouth. He felt her body quivering as he held her tightly and he smiled in glory. He removed his tongue from her mouth as he felt himself growing faint from the lack of air. Regretfully, he pulled his face a few inches back from Kagome and inhaled sharply, his breathing pattern erratic from his intense arousal. He needed Kagome and he needed her now. He smiled as his eyes met her face, which was still enraptured in the memory of their kiss. Her eyes were still shut as her lips were still rejoicing in what had just happened. Leaning down, he gently ran his lips over hers again, earning a slight moan from the girl. A very cocky smile embedded itself on his face as he dipped lower, running his lips over her neck, nibbling at the tender flesh. He smelt the sudden spike in her arousal and that sent him over the edge. He began to kiss her neck while tracing small circles on the brutalized flesh with his tongue. He was so overtaken by Kagome that he didn't sense trouble until it was nearly on top of them. Someone ran blindly through the crowd not paying much attention to what was in front of her. She managed to run straight into Inuyasha's back. He pulled away from Kagome with a very loud growl for the disturbance as his eyes fell onto Rin's fleeing form. Kagome's eyes met his as she noticed the form of her friend disappearing through the club. She turned back and frowned at InuYasha, as if waking up from a dream. She blinked a few times and then glared up at the boy. "I have to…." She glanced over her shoulder and she gave him an apologetic smile. "I need to find out what's going on with Rin." InuYasha nodded absently, something else was bothering him and he prayed it wasn't true. Kagome took a deep breath then forced herself to leave the arms of the boy who she felt so safe with. She ran past Sango and Miroku, and out the clubs main entrance door after her friend.

InuYasha sniffed the air and his face grew to form a repugnant grim stare. He glared about the club looking for the source of the trouble, cursing under his breath. `She stank like him…. she had the same scent the night I first came here…' his eyes locked onto the one person who he didn't want to see here…the one person that would make everything fall into place. Naraku.

From far above the club, on the catwalk, Naraku watched everyone's interactions with a very set determined look in his eyes. He couldn't help the grin that played on his lips as he watched Rin flee from the club. What worried him though was the black haired girl…Kagome…who chased after her. Looking back down into the crowd, Naraku's eyes darkened as he met the stare of the hanyou InuYasha. The grin fell from Naraku's face almost instantly and was replaced by a very serious stoic expression. He tilted his head towards the hanyou, and raised an eyebrow. `So, the half breed has feelings for Kagome?' feelings? No…this was stronger, he could smell their arousal from his walkway and it made him sick. He turned on his heels and walked towards the stairs, descending into the filthy pit of humans. InuYasha was at the bottom of the stairs in a moment, blocking him from exiting the metal staircase. Their eyes locked in a battle of dominance as InuYasha scornfully asked him, "What the fuck did you do to Rin?"

Naraku raised an eyebrow and looked rather…. perplexed? "Nothing…. she told me that she no longer wished to work here. I told her that was fine with me but she would have to go through my father."

InuYasha couldn't hold back. He reached out and grabbed the boy's shirt, hauling him two feet into the air. "Liar! I could smell your stench all over her! And it's not the first time either! What are you forcing her to do?"

Naraku glared at the hanyou's hands then narrowed his eyes. InuYasha dropped him almost as quickly as he picked him up and Naraku sneered, "impudent, don't you realize that the wench works for me? Of course she smells like me, moron, I am her employer!"

InuYasha pointed a finger down at the man on the ground, his eyes livid with anger. "If you so much as fuckin go near her again, Naraku, I'll rip out your entrails! Got it?"

Naraku met the hanyou's gaze and offered him a smirk. "I do not believe you are in any position to be threatening me, InuYasha." He nodded swiftly.

InuYasha suddenly became all too aware of five security guards standing around him. He dodged the firsts attempt to withhold him and swung blindly at Naraku. He missed and in that second, two security guards grabbed his arms and dragged him from the club. As they opened the door, the old night air assaulted the boy as they threw him into the air. Any human would have landed on their face in the pavement…but he wasn't a human. He threw himself forward, curling into a tight roll and landed on his feet. He turned and stared down the security guards as they slammed the door of the club, abandoning the boy to the street.

InuYasha stared around for a moment then jumped onto the awning of the club then onto its roof. He had to find Kagome.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rin ran out the door into the cold night air and around the corner into the dark alley. She placed her head against the cold bricks as she chocked out sobs. Her chest felt like it was going to collapse as she heaved with the sobs. She sank down to the pavement as she covered her face with her hands. `get control of yourself, Rin…now…get control now!' She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Rin?"

Rin turned quickly to gaze up at the alleys entrance. Kagome stood there, basked in moonlight. To Rin, she might have well been an angel. Tears streaked anew on Rin's face as she began to sob silently.

Kagome dropped to her knees in a second next to the girl and wrapped her arms around Rin. Gently she hushed her and rocked back and forth, trying to soothe the crying girl. When the girl's sobs subsided, Kagome gently cooed, "What happened Rin?"

Rin shook her head no and tired to speak. Her voice as so low that Kagome had to strain to hear her. "Don't worry about it Kagome."

Kagome pulled back slightly to stare at her friend in shock. As long as she had known Rin, she was a happy optimistic person. Not one day, even in the face of heartbreak, had Rin ever sounded so defeated. Kagome hugged her fiercely and shook her head. "Please Rin, let me help. Tell me what is going on."

Rin stifled another sob and glared up at her friend. She wanted to put on her mask; she wanted to bury her pain in the façade that she had so accurately kept for so many months. But now…now it was all coming down around her. Everything she had tried to kept secret…everything she had tried to cover up…. it was all going to be exposed. If she exposed Naraku for what he had been doing to her now for a little over six months…her father's life would be over. If she didn't tell Kagome the truth, she would lose one of the closest things she ever had to a sister. In a cry of pure agony, she threw her face into her hands and sobbed harder. "I can't…. I'm ….so sorry…. Kagome…." she took a deep breath between her words and sobs and forced out, "if you…don't want to talk…. to me anymore, I understand…but I can't…. you don't understand…I just can't." She chocked on her words and struggled to breath waiting for her friend to stand and leave her in the alley. It was what she deserved, to be abandoned…she was tainted now…. she had been used in the worst of ways.

Kagome didn't move away, instead she tired to get Rin to her feet. "Come on Rin," Kagome said between the tears that fell from her eyes, "please Rin, lets get you inside to wash your face. You look like a mess."

Rin gazed at her friends face, and gently wiped away Kagome's tears. "Please, Kagome…don't cry over this…."

Kagome hugged her friend, sending both girls again in to sobs. "Rin…I'm scared. I'm going to cry for you because I don't know what is going on and you won't tell me. That alone is the scariest part of it. Please Rin…" she slowly helped the girl out of the alley, "tell me what is going on."

Rin paused in step and looked over her shoulder. As if hit by a wave of panic, the tears stopped pouring from Rin's eyes and she seemed almost angry at the shadows of the night. "Kagome, I want to go home. Can you take me home?"

Kagome nodded slowly and bit her lip. "I have to get Sango and Miroku, they are still inside."

Rin took a deep breath then thought about what her friend just said. Even with the dark red circles under her eyes and the raw flesh that tainted her cheeks, she managed a small smile. "Together?"

Kagome smiled sheepishly and nodded. "Stay here…. are you going to be okay if I leave you for a moment?"

Rin glanced back down the alley and let out a deep sigh. Nodding slowly, her gaze met her friends. "Yeah…just hurry, I really want to go home."

Kagome nodded and ran back inside the club to find her friends.

Rin turned slowly to stare into the alley and sniffled. She tried to stand tall to defend herself but she couldn't hold herself up…. she closed her eyes and called out, "what do you want now?" her eyes opened up and were once again filled with tears. "What more can you possible want from me?"

Naraku swaggered from the alley, resting his head on the bricks just outside of the streetlights beam. He grinned evilly at the girl and tilted his head to one side. "I want what is rightfully mine, Rin."

Rin winched at the sound of her name on the devils lips. She wrapped her bruised arms around her shattered body and shook her head. "Go away…god just go away!"

Naraku's grin widened. "Now why would I do that, Rin? Your mine, or did you forget that?"

Rin set her jaw in defiance and glared at Naraku. "You have no power over me, Naraku! None, whatsoever!"

Naraku's grin diminished into a scowl. He stepped out of the shadows and grabbed her arm, pressing his thumb into a very fresh bruise that he himself created. He pulled her closer to him as he felt her body tense under his touch. Leaning down, he harshly whispered, "Your body belongs to me, Rin. That is my power over you. I think you forgot why you belong to me? Do we really want to remember what happens if you go back on your deal? Do you really want to attend another funeral?" Rin tried to pull back but Naraku held her tighter. "I will kill him myself, Rin, if you so much as mutter a word about this to your friends." His eyes flashed with humor as he roughly grabbed her chin and forced her to look into his face. "Then I will go after them…I'm sure you don't want them to go through what you've been through."

Rin gasped as tears ripped at her raw flesh. "No…please!" she slumped her shoulder forward and sobbed out, "Fine, you win. Whatever you want…just don't hurt my friends…please…"

Naraku pulled back and frowned. "You need to be punished Rin. You directly disobeyed me." Rin's face contorted to a look of utter disgust but she didn't say a word. Naraku smiled and added, "I'll see you in school." He bent down and roughly kissed her on her lips, holding the back of her head with his hand, forcing his tongue into her mouth. She tried to break free of his grasp but couldn't. He pulled away and gave her a fleeting smile, before shoving her forward to land on her ass a few feet away from him. He turned calmly and walked into the alley, disappearing into the darkness.

Rin stared at where the demon had just been and let out another sob. She wrapped her arms around her knees as she slowly rocked back and forth. Kagome chose that time to exit the building with Miroku and Sango, both who looked extremely worried. Kagome dropped down next to her friend and her brows fused together, "Rin, are you okay?"

Rin glanced up at the girl and only nodded. `If he ever lays a hand on them…I would kill myself first! How could he?' she shook her head and looked to the ground. `I can't stay around them…he'll hurt the ones I love to get back at me.' she suddenly felt violently sick thinking about those things and pushed Kagome away from her. Turning on her knees, Rin threw up everything she had in her stomach onto the sidewalk. Sango's eyes widened at the distress of her best friend and she was instantly by the girl's side. Kagome and Sango helped her stand and Sango took Rin's Porsches keys.

Sango spoke quietly to try to calm her friend's nerves though she was shaking herself. To see Rin like this…the worst had to have happened. Her first thoughts when Kagome told them they needed to leave was about Rin's father…but now, her thoughts dwelled in a lot darker of a place…a place that she prayed every night none of her friends would ever have to see. "I'll see you back at the house."

Kagome nodded as Sango ventured off to get her car. She rubbed Rin's back slowly as she suddenly remembered. "Where is InuYasha?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Naraku watched the girls from the back of the alley. He watched how Kagome cuddled her friend and comforted her. He licked his lips slowly, deriving an evil plot as to how to get to Kagome. She was who he wanted…. when the three girls showed up that first night at the club, his eyes were set on Kagome. For two years she was the one he longed for. Sure, he could have easily have taken her at any point, no one would question her. But this way was more fun…to go through her friends. Just how would Kagome handle being told that her best friend had to suffer nearly every other day for six months because he needed a way to get at Kagome? Rin was a hard one to break…. She was one of the strongest willed girls he had ever met. He had made girls older and younger then her crawl into their place at his feet…but not Rin. That fact alone made the months worth it. Though she was very close to being shattered, he still had one more thing he needed to do. He needed to take away everything that she had left…and that would start with her friends. Naraku smiled and turned around, and opened the door to the club.

"You won't get away with it."

Naraku paused and glared up onto the fire escape where the half demon annoyance was perched. "You say that now." Naraku narrowed his eyes and scoffed, "you've crossed me once, and I owe you still from that. Cross me a second time and I'll have your head on a platter."

InuYasha jumped from the fire escape to face the man in front of the club's back entrance. He looked at Naraku in disgust as anger swelled in his heart. "I should kill you where you stand! How dare you lay a hand on Rin!"

Naraku laughed a sin filled laugh and glared back at the hanyou. "Stay out of this Baka, or I'll add trifling in my affairs to the list of reasons to see you dead."

InuYasha snapped back, "You won't live to see me dead, Naraku!"

Naraku's humor disappeared from his face as he leaned in and whispered, "how do you think Kagome would react if she found out you and I aren't that different?"

InuYasha had been ready to slice the man in half…but now…. now he was frozen in his place, his eyes wide with a sudden loathing. "What?" his voice was two octaves deeper then normal. "What did you just say to me?"

Naraku gave the boy a knowing smile and tapped the side of his head with his finger. "I know everything, InuYasha. I know the truth about why you were kicked out of your last school…. and I'm sure that Kagome would love to know exactly why…. especially after you tell her what I've been doing to Rin." Naraku raised both eyebrows and grinned a wicked grin at him. "So go ahead, do what your going to do. If you kill me, everyone finds out…"

InuYasha stared at the man in front of him in trepidation. So many emotions ran through his mind at that moment, the largest being guilt. He stared at the half demon and opened his mouth but nothing came out.

Naraku smiled, knowing that his message was loud and clear. "See, InuYasha, we're not so different, you and I."

InuYasha growled and lunged forward, punching Naraku in the right eye. The demon fell backwards in shock. "Fucker, do you really think me and you are anything alike? I'm nothing like you…. i will never be anything like you!"

Naraku jumped to his feet and stared at the hanyou, rage blistering from his features. "You're already are like me, baka, you just don't know it yet!"

InuYasha pulled back, ready to hit the bastard again when a voice called down into the alley. "InuYasha?" he turned swiftly to see Kagome rapidly approaching him with a look of sheer panic etched across her face. InuYasha cursed and looked back at Naraku only to find him gone. "Bastard!" he turned slowly and met Kagome half way through the alley. He grabbed her arm and pulled her behind him out of the darkness of the two buildings. They reached the street as Miroku pulled up in his Ferrari. InuYasha opened his door to let Kagome climb in but paused and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Kagome…" InuYasha shifted weight on his feet as he struggled to find the right words, "this place isn't safe…. please, don't come back here, especially by yourself!"

Kagome stared into his golden eyes then nodded slowly. She knew something was seriously wrong and everyone knew a part of it. However, she was starting to believe InuYasha knew almost as much as Rin did. She climbed silently into the car and glared at Miroku. "Where's Rin?"

Miroku turned to look at the girl, a very solemn look plastered to his face. "Sango drove her home…she asked for us to meet her there."

InuYasha let out a loud growl and hit the dashboard. "Then what are you waiting for, monk, fuckin tomorrow? Floor it already!" InuYasha sighed in deep thought as Miroku sped away from the club. `Great, this is just what I fuckin need!' He shook his head and turned to look behind him. Kagome was staring ahead at the road, her eyes swirling with emotions. InuYasha grunted once as he undid his seatbelt and climbed into the backseat, regardless of Miroku's sudden cries of "watch the leather!" InuYasha dropped into the seat next to Kagome and he wrapped an arm around her protectively. With a cry, she flung herself into his chest, clenching onto him to be her support. He held her tightly against him, rubbing her hair and telling him it was all going to be all right. She sobbed mercilessly into his chest. He just held her, allowing her to take the moment to be weak, to cry for her friend's pain. "It's going to be all right, Kagome…" No matter how many times he could tell her that, though, he needed to convince himself of that.

~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*

- okay, I know some of you are wondering `what the fuck' but as always, it will all be explained later on. R&R, constructive criticism welcomed.