InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Friday night Football ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~Chapter 25 ~<>~Friday night football

 

"Hut. Hut…hike!" InuYasha nailed the shotgun pass to Koi with accurate precision, scoring the team yet another seven points before the halftime bell rang throughout the stands. With a screaming rant, the home stands exploded in cheers. InuYasha ran off the field, throwing his helmet into the air. He grabbed a cup of water and joined the boys who were sitting on the bench. Koi sat down next to him, as the cheerleaders took to the field. Koi laughed as he poured the rest of his water over Inuyasha's head. InuYasha jumped a mile high and shoved the boy off of the bench playfully. "Jackass!"

Koi climbed back onto the bench, laughing. "What's been up your ass lately man? Its like since you got back you've been a completely different person."

InuYasha shook the water off his hair and glared at the boy next to him, his amber eyes screaming for him to keep out of it. "Nothing…at least its nothing anymore."

InuYasha glared out to the field, watching the cheerleaders…or should it be stated…a single cheerleader, intently.

Kagome led the girls half-heartedly through the cheers, staring straight ahead. She could feel his eyes on her but chose not to look in his direction; it would only hurt her more. She set her eyes on Rin, who was watching from the sidelines, her hand bandaged tightly to her side. She looked nearly as depressed as Kagome felt. Kagome tried to give her a smile but it just did not work. However, the other girls behind her took the spotlight, for this was the first game in the season that their team was winning. Kagome finished the first cheer with them and walked off the field, allowing the girls to run their own dance routine. Kagome found her way over to Rin, who was peering over her shoulder into the stand. Kagome gave a low sigh and waved at Sesshoumaru, who was staring intently at Rin and anyone who dared to look her way. Rin leaned in towards Kagome whispering, "what's the matter, Kagome? Your waving at Sesshoumaru…come on, something has to be up for you to do that! He's not going to wave back…it's like expecting a dog to talk." Rin giggled a little and blew a kiss at the glowering boy. He simply raised an eyebrow.

Kagome stared at Rin then back out at the girls who were doing a half decent job of the dance she taught them. "I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count."

Rin sighed as she leaned over their bench to glare down the boy's bench. Her eyes fell upon the angry white haired boy at the end. Shaking her head, she returned her gaze to Kagome, "Just make up and fuck already, Kags!"

Kagome chocked on her water and glared at Rin. "Are you mad…I mean seriously, are you freaking mad? Never, Rin…never!"

Rin sighed and stood, staring at the concession stand. "Look, its ridiculous. Your both hurting and apparently both miss each other so…just save us all the suffering and get back together." She put a hand to her stomach as it rumbled beneath her uniform. She hadn't really eaten anything since the run in with her father…she hadn't the appetite. She didn't tell Kagome or Sango of the incident either. She had spent four hours mercilessly sobbing into Sesshoumaru's shoulder, so much so that he had to carry her out to the car that night. It hurt…driving away from the mansion knowing that part of her life was over. She didn't want to ever return there but it didn't mean that she would not miss it. Sesshoumaru had told her if there was anything in there she wanted, he would retrieve it for her. Yet still, there she was moving away from a million-dollar home to another million dollar home with a handful of items and a bag full of clothes. Something didn't sit well with her at all about that.

Kagome stood as the other girls left the field after their dance with triumphant grins. Kagome put on her best faked smile and gave them a rather dry, "Good job guys, that was great." She fringed smiles for each of the girls as they giggled at the shouts of the boys and the jocks. Kagome looked at her watch and dismissed them for ten minutes to get food. "Do not, and I repeat, do not spill anything on those uniforms." The girls ran off in different directions as Kagome and Rin made their way to the food stand. Kagome pushed her way to the front of the line, getting two bottles of water and two hot dogs. The two stood by the building, quickly eating their food before halftime was over. "How's your hand, Rin?"

Rin shoved a piece of the hot dog into her mouth as she glanced at her wrist. With all the commotion of the week, she had never taken it to be looked at. The wound was the last one she had received from Naraku…when he tried to pull her back into the room. That was right before Sesshoumaru destroyed him. Rin smiled at the thought of her protector. Lying in bed the night before, Sesshoumaru had playfully grabbed both her wrists, sending excruciating pain through the girl's body. He then forced her into the emergency room where they discovered her wrist was broken in two places. Rin had come to believe Sesshoumaru was madder about the injury then she was. "It's been better." She managed to get out with a mouth full of food.

Suddenly a force pushed itself between the girls, nearly knocking Kagome off her feet as a shoulder crushed into hers. She stumbled forward, managing to keep a hold of her food and her balance at the same time. She glared up to find three of the football players walking the other way, the middle one and the one who ran into her sporting a long mane of white hair. Seething, she turned slowly to face Rin who was staring at the scene with a look of disgust and frustration. Kagome handed the girl her hot dog. "Hold this for me, will ya?"

Rin took the meal with curiosity brimming. She watched Kagome stalk off towards the hanyou and grimaced. She turned to glance over her shoulder to find Sesshoumaru but he wasn't where she left him in the stands. `Kagome is going to need backup incase InuYasha goes postal!' She shook her head and slowly turned back around and nearly jumped out of her skin when a very familiar voice called out from next to her, "this cannot lead to anything good." Rin glanced up at the man next to her, and leaned into his shoulder. "Come on, let's be nosy."

Sesshoumaru stared down at Rin, cocking an eyebrow. "I will not follow her to be nosy but more to protect her. However, you will not. Stay here, Rin, I'm serious."

Rin flinched at the word `protect'. That word had surfaced much to often in these past few weeks. She frowned. "Yash wouldn't hurt Kagome, he knows it would just end in him being put through a wall."

Sesshoumaru stared straight ahead, his eyes watching the stalking girl. "InuYasha has been in a trance these last two days, as I'm sure Kagome has been as well." He looked down at Rin and pointed at her. "Stay here." He then took off after Kagome slowly approaching the huddled teens. He didn't want to have to lie his brother out on the ground for being a baka…though once a baka, always a baka, was Sesshoumaru's conclusion on his brothers attitude. He didn't know what happened between the two, and quite frankly he didn't give a damn. What bothered him though was Rin's infatuation with Kagome and InuYasha and their budding relationship…or lack there of. He sighed as he placed himself up against a tree, in hearing range of the four, ready to pounce if there was trouble.

Kagome reached InuYasha before he got to the concession. He had stopped to talk with his friends when they were just out of the other two girl's line of sight, or so they thought. Everything inside of her pulled at the thought of talking to him…of confronting him. They had avoided each other at great lengths during school that day. They sat across the room from each other, refusing to give into their friend's pleas of communicating the problem during class. Chorus had done it for her though…he had been so out of line that it nearly killed her to remember.

Flashback

Kagome sat down next to Rin as the bell rang for class, Sango following in a few seconds later. Both girls gave her a small grin as Kagome tapped her fingers on the chair impatiently. "Are you ever going to tell us what is going on between you and the lecher?"

Sango glared at them with an ice-cold gaze. "I told you once and I'll tell you again; nothing. Please don't make me say it again!"

The other two girls sighed and turned back to look over their sheet lyrics. On top of solos in the Holiday concert, there were the normal holiday songs. Sango and Rin were altos while Kagome varied from Alto to Soprano. Normally when they all ended up staying over at one another's homes, they ended up singing. Kagome sighed as she traced the colors of the book with her finger. `We'll never have days like that again. Sango is never around, mysteriously all of a sudden. Never answers the phone, never returns calls. She's always with Miroku, whether she'll admit it or not. Rin is permanently attached to Sesshoumaru's hip, not to mention, she lives with him. And if I go there…I'll see…" the door to the chorus room flung open and Kagome sighed. "InuYasha." She turned to look at the boy, her eyes trying to read his. `He's still so angry and so much more volatile. I guess I expected him to go back to calling me princess and being an ass…not ignoring me and giving me death glares. I never countered that he would be so…angry.'

InuYasha stalked in, Miroku trailing slowly behind him. He stared in disgust at his seat that was right behind the girls. He would have sat across the room but Kenchi had grouped them in sections, and this was his place. InuYasha met Kagome's stare with a very cold one of his own. He sneered as she lowered her eyes and turned back around. he dropped into his orange chair and leaned back, resting the chair on two legs. He crossed his arms and pulled the hood of his black Korn sweatshirt over his eyes. He muttered to Miroku, "I'm getting some fuckin rest, wake me up if that fag of a teacher shows up."

Kagome rolled her eyes and scoffed. `He's so immature…I mean, honestly!'

InuYasha slowly opened one eye to glare at the back of Kagome's head. He wanted to lash out…he had been keeping himself from antagonizing her all day. But some things could just not be helped. "No one's fuckin talking to you Princess, so keep that fuckin trap of yours shut."

Kagome turned swiftly to glare behind her at the boy, as did Rin and Sango. "I didn't say anything, jerk!"

InuYasha took his turn to scoff. "keh." He turned to glare at Miroku, trying to ignore the look from Kagome. "What are you doing tonight?"

Miroku couldn't help his eyes from glancing at Sango before quickly returning to InuYasha…it was an action that did not go by unnoticed. "I'm…not sure…"

InuYasha raised an eyebrow under his long bangs, glancing from Sango to Miroku. "..r…i...g…h…t…"

Kagome sighed and turned to glare at Sango and Miroku. "Will you two just come out with it already? We know there is something going on! Just say it!"

Miroku put on his best thoroughly confused face and shrugged his shoulders. "My dear Kagome, whatever do you speak of?" he had tried to keep neutral as InuYasha had called him the night before, telling him of Kagome's betrayal. It hurt, honestly, to hear that Kagome would have treated InuYasha that way but things did not add up. Kagome had been so worried about the hanyou when they figured out that he might have been dead…she cried when they saw how hurt he really was…she stayed with him while he healed. Why would she deny feelings? He had spoken with Sango after they got off the phone, trying to figure it out with someone who knew Kagome like the back of her hand. She was equally stumped. They had finally decided to let the issue work itself out, figuring Kagome was afraid of the thought of a serious relationship.

Kagome huffed and looked at Sango. "Come on, girl, out with it!"

InuYasha gave the yapping girl a warning growl. "What is this, the fuckin inquisition? They don't have to say shit if they don't want to, princess."

Kagome sighed in annoyance and turned to stare at the boy. "I'm not forcing them too…"

"No, just pressuring them. Whatever happened to the innocent morals of," InuYasha put on a rather high-pitched mocking voice, "peer pressure is bad, you don't have to do or say anything you don't want to." He stared down at the girl and narrowed eyes. His voice dropped nearly two octaves. "Oh, that's right, I forgot, your allowed to say whatever the fuck you want to."

Kagome turned so that she was sitting on her knees staring at the boy. "You really want to go down this road again, asshole?"

"Bitch, bring it."

Kagome's face darkened as she tried to bit her tongue. "I'm not playing your game, InuYasha. I'm not getting into a fight with you over this stupid shit."

InuYasha held up two hands towards the girl. "That's right…the whole thing doesn't concern you so why would you indulge in it."

Kagome leaned towards the boy over the back of her chair. "Are you calling me shallow?"

InuYasha leaned forward, getting into her face. "No, I'm calling you a heartless bitch!"

Kagome bit back, "asshole, I'm not…" she paused as she closed her eyes. Tears threatened to rear their ugly heads on her cheeks…there was no way she was going to cry. She had cried the day before from when she got home until she went to sleep. This morning, it took her nearly twenty minutes to get the mascara out from under her eyes. "Leave me alone."

InuYasha smirked at the girl and sat back. "Exactly…heartless bitch…. sums it up and you can't say shit cause you know its true."

Rin as well as Miroku at this time were glaring daggers at InuYasha, trying to get the boy to shut his mouth. "InuYasha…" Rin's voice called to him from the side. "Can it."

InuYasha glared at Rin and sneered, "Shut the fuck up, Rin!"

Rin raised an eyebrow. "Look you inconsiderate little shit, just keep that fuckin trap closed and I won't have your brother break it off your face!"

InuYasha clenched his hand at his side, digging his claws into his skin as he regarded Rin. "Look, bitch, just cause you're sucking my brother dick, doesn't mean you have shit to do with me! Keep that god damn trap shut and…"

Rin reached out and slapped the boy across his face. "Shut up, InuYasha! Its bad enough you two are fighting like two year olds but now you crossed the fuckin line! You don't know shit about Sesshoumaru and my relationship! Keep that obscene mouth of yours out of it!"

InuYasha crossed his arms, letting out a loud, "keh. Fucking cun…"

Rin reached behind her and whacked InuYasha across the back of his head. "Let me ever hear you use that word around me or any girl, I'll wipe that fuckin grin off your god damned face! Keep pushing me, InuYasha, and I swear to god I will disembowel you right here, right now!"

InuYasha wheeled back from her hitting him and glared at her, "don't fuckin touch me, Rin!"

Rin growled as she threw herself back to face the front of the classroom, bringing her hand over her head. Unfortunately on her way back around, she thumped Kagome on the back by accident. Kagome's chair wavered, with her facing behind her unbalancing the weight, and sent her tumbling towards InuYasha. InuYasha opened his mouth to protest when Kagome crashed into him, sending the two of them backwards onto the floor.

Kagome groaned and looked down beneath her to find herself inches away from the demon that she tried so desperately to forget…these types of positions that she tried to forget. She rolled off to her right, and scooted away.

InuYasha growled as he found himself so close to Kagome. His heart skipped a beat as he inhaled the familiar scent of her hair. Closing his eyes, he tired to ward off the pain…ward off the rage. The night before he hadn't slept for more then a half hour. He would turn over and expect to find Kagome…but she wasn't there. She would never be there next to him again. He would never admit how much all of this had destroyed him…how much it tore his heart apart. Somewhere in his heart though, in the darkest of corners, he still wanted her, he still needed her. `Who am I kidding…all of me still wants her.' He would have pushed her off of him for sheer stubbornness but she jumped back before he got the chance. "Clumsy wench, watch where you're fuckin fallin!"

Kagome growled as she stood up slowly, wiping her hands over her green skirt. "like I meant to fall on you, asshole!"

InuYasha was up in a second and standing in front of her, glaring down at her. "well, it wouldn't be the first time, bitch!"

Kagome tried to keep her lips sealed shut but failed miserably. "get over yourself, InuYasha!"

InuYasha raised an eyebrow and rose his voice. "get over myself? Allright miss all high and mighty! At least I'm fuckin honest with people…you just go behind their backs to stab them in the heart!"

Kagome winched at his words and swallowed hard. Instantly all anger was gone from her face. "You know I didn't…"

InuYasha held up a hand and shook his head. "Don't even try it, Princess. Your dead to me, deal with it." he turned on his heels and stormed out of the class, slamming the door behind him.

Kagome stood there for a moment, her hand extended towards the long closed wooden door. "Inu…Yasha…" she felt Rin's hands on her shoulders guiding her back to her seat. She sat down, suddenly realizing all eyes in the room were glued on her. Kagome couldn't blush…she couldn't avoid the gazes…she just knew that she wanted to die. The rest of the class had been a blur of color and noise.

END FLASHBACK

Kagome took a deep breath and continued marching on her just cause. He was not going to torment her for the rest of their two years…she would simply not allow it. Kagome could hear the remaining part of the boy's conversation as she approached the three.

"Yeah, I was fuckin wrong. You were right, the girl is a heartless bitch."

Kagome frowned and fought back tears at Inuyasha's harsh words. `Ouch.'

"Told you so man, we tried to fuckin warn you…but you wouldn't fuckin listen. You just went in swinging. Trust us when it comes to these hoes."

Finally one of them looked over and saw Kagome approaching. "Watch out, skanky hoe at twelve o'clock."

The three boys turned to face Kagome rather slowly. Kagome took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves as the golden eyes fell onto her. She had to fight with herself to stand her ground as she heard what the one boy next to Koi called her. InuYasha would never know how much it hurt to look into his eyes and see so much hatred and loathing dancing about them. Inuyasha's eyes seemed so cold to her…. so dead. `And its my fault…it's my fault and my childish fears. God, why did I do it?' a part of her had questioned her morals for endless hours over why exactly she had pushed him away. `I have never had anyone like him in my life…he's so unstable, so volatile. We would never have worked out…why try? No…that's not it at all. He told me he loved me! love? What is the meaning of the word? How can a boy who doesn't know me say such things? After what he did…. he was just trying to make up for his fuck ups…it doesn't work like that! He can't lie about something and expect me to just go along with it!' She walked up very slowly to stand in front of InuYasha. The two stared at each other for a long moment, both gushing over their destroyed emotions and broken hearts. "What the fuck was that about, InuYasha? Just walking into people now? Have you lost your manners as well as you mind?"

InuYasha crossed his arms and spat back, "bitches don't count for people, princess. They're trash."

Kagome winched and mimicked his stance. "You really don't have to be an asshole, Yash."

InuYasha gave her a very callous laugh then turned back to Koi and the other boy, blatantly ignoring her. "My step mom is out of town this week, so I was considering having a party at my place. What do you guys say, after game special?" the two other boys cheered at the thought while Kagome stared on aghast.

She reached out and grabbed Inuyasha's shoulder, spinning him around to face her. "We're not done here.."

InuYasha grabbed her hand and roughly pulled her closer to him, his eyes burning with anger as he glared down at her. "No, princess, you made it quite clear that me and you were done. So my question is why the fuck are you still standing here bitching at me? Don't you have a date with Homo?"

Kagome blinked slowly, trying to keep her temper in check. "I…that is…"

InuYasha glared down at her mimicking her stammering, "I…I…I…." he suddenly put on a nasty frown and yelled, "Just go away, Kagome. Dead people don't talk…they fuckin disappear! That's what you need to do!"

Kagome reared back, biting down on her tongue. She shook her head slowly, staring down at the ground. She didn't need him to see her tears…to know that his words hurt her worse then any wound she had ever received. "You know, Yash, I really thought…"

InuYasha sighed a final time, his patience wearing thin, and yelled, "what, that we would be fuckin friends? That I would just forget the fuckin fact that you walked all over me? Yeah, princess lets just go back to that shit like nothing went down between us. That's peachy keen! While were at it, you can stab me through the eye with this fucking Spork!" he said while mimicking to the utensil cup on the ledge of the window. "You have no fuckin common sense, do you bitch?" he shook his head, and muttered something incoherent to his friends then brushed past Kagome, storming off towards the baseball field across the yard.

Kagome sighed as she felt tears brimming in her eyes. She shook her head then chased after the boy, trying to catch up with him. Jumping into a jog, she ran to meet his pace.

InuYasha cursed when he realized she was following him and stopped, pulling a cigarette from his back pocket of the uniform. He grumbled as he pulled out a match and lit it off the bottom of his shoe. Taking a deep drag, he turned and blew it into the night sky. "Why the fuck are you following me?"

Kagome stopped by him, trying to catch her breath. "I need to know…if you hate me…for what I did."

InuYasha took another drag avoiding all eye contact with the girl. "Yes, I do. I really do. You don't understand how much I…" his voice trailed off as he looked up to the night sky. `I will not line myself to be hurt by this bitch again! I will not let her do it! I don't understand her angle…why won't she fuckin leave me alone! she already told me she doesn't want to be with me…why torture me more?'

Kagome felt tears once again in her eyes as she dropped her hands to her sides. "i…"

InuYasha turned to glare at the girl in bewilderment. "I don't fuckin get you, Kagome! One minute you're all happy and shit, the next minute your telling me you don't give a rats ass about us! What is it Kagome? Are you bi-polar or something? I mean…shit, it's like you want me to be thrilled at the fact that you dropped me like a fuckin rock! I'm not…these past two days…"

"…Have been the worst days of my life." Kagome's mouth fell open to mimic an O shape. She hadn't meant to actually say that, but it came out. `Fuck.'

InuYasha nearly chocked on the nicotine as the words left her mouth. He didn't want to feel anything…he wanted to verbally smack the girl to his heels and walk away. He didn't want to remember what he felt the past day when she tore his heart out. He dropped the smoke and smote it with his foot, glaring at the girl confused and hurt. He felt his anger begin to subside and was replaced by a sudden lingering pang of pain. "Then why…why did you do it?"

Kagome wrapped her arms around her body and sighed. "i…i…" she sighed again and chocked back a sob. Suddenly the tears were spilling down her cheeks and she couldn't stop them…she couldn't control them. "I can't say…"

InuYasha watched the girl crumple from her defenses…fall from the pedestal that she had so piously set herself on. He could not remember moving nor could he remember grabbing Kagome by her shoulders and pulling her into his arms. All he knew was that she was back in his arms and it felt right…he felt whole. "Kagome…what were you scared of?" suddenly all the anger and rage that had built up inside of his body was gone in a wave of release. He placed his head into her hair and silently thanked the gods for the second chance to hold her…a second chance to do it right.

Kagome sobbed into the boy's jersey, smearing her mascara down her cheeks. "I don't know…InuYasha, I don't know." She pulled herself out of his chest and stared at him, her eyes staring deep into his. "I…can't…" she turned suddenly, pulling herself out of his grasp. She put her back to him and wrapped her arms around her body, suddenly freezing. "I…can't."

InuYasha took a cautious step towards the girl. "You can't what, Kagome? What can't you do?"

Kagome sighed as she felt more tears drip down her face. With the dropping temperature, she thought that they might freeze on her face like crystals. "This….i can't do this. InuYasha…."

A hand reached out and turned the girl around roughly. Two hands clamped down on her shoulders and her chin was jerked up by a firm grip to stare into two confused golden orbs. "Tell me you don't feel the same way about me! Kagome, I know I'm an asshole…I know I am. I know its one of my darkest traits! There is so much shit, Kagome…so much that I have to fear from my life. But when I'm with you, none of it matters. What's happened in my past doesn't matter. All that I see is you. You're like my guardian angel, Kagome…. the one thing in life I have to look forward to. This has never happened to me before…sure, I'm scared too but I'll deal with it. I have never felt this way about anyone before! I'm in love with you Kagome…I'm in such deep love with you that it frightens me!"

Kagome stared at the boy in wonder as he poured his heart out to her. "How…how can you still love me, InuYasha? After what I've done to you, why would you love me? You don't even know me! I don't know you, it's like you said. We both have past lives we don't know about! Everyone I've loved InuYasha, has been let down by me! I alienated my brother; my mother and I never talk. Do you know that when my grandfather died, a man who raised me like his own child, I didn't go to his funeral? I made plans to go out of town….i hid myself from dealing with his death! I did the same for my father. Why would you want to get involved with someone who is so afraid of commitment…I'm so afraid of allowing myself to open my heart. I've been scared by life, Yash…and I'm not about to set myself up to do it again."
InuYasha pulled her back into his chest, tucking her head under his chin. "Kagome…we've all been hurt. I've lost everyone I've ever loved. My father died when I was young, my mother a year later. I was taken in because of a threat of being cut off from the family piggy bank by a wench who wishes me dead. The only reason I live with Sesshoumaru is because his mother would lose her side of Tashio's millions if she put me on the street before I'm eighteen. Do you know what its like to be raised in a home where you're a burden?" he shook his head, somewhere losing himself in thought. "Kagome, I know you're a good person. I don't want to hurt you and I don't want to see you hurt."

Kagome sighed and relaxed into his arms. "I'm not ready for a serious commitment…I'm not ready for it. I don't know…Yash…I don't know if I'll ever be."

InuYasha gave a very small chuckle as he tightened his grip on her. "Nor do I but I know there is something about us that makes my heart beat faster. I know that I want us to be together. God, Kagome, I don't want to sleep another night without you by my side!" he planted his lips on the crown of her head.

Kagome let out a sigh of relief as she looked up at the boy. "I'm sorry…InuYasha…I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you…I wanted you to move on…"

InuYasha placed a finger on her lips and gently wiped away her tears. "I won't lie, Kagome…you hurt me. The pain I felt last night was the most intense emotion I think I've ever felt." He shook his head as he lost himself in her eyes. "How about this, Kags…how about we forget about our past problems…these past three days…and start new. We both screwed up big time and I think we should strike it from the record!"

Kagome gave him a small smile. "I think I would like that…" she sniffled and pulled back. She sighed then fixed her uniform. Pulling the material back into place, she fluffed her hair. "I also think we have a game to get back to."

InuYasha shook his head and wrapped an arm around her waist. He leaned down, bringing his lips lightly against hers. "I think I have more important things to do…." he gently laid his lips against hers, gently caressing hers with his own. He savored the taste with every breath. `I thought I would never feel this again…I thought I would never be with her again. Why was I so ready to give this up? Why was I ready to walk away?'

Kagome lost herself in his lips as she kissed him with all she had. `I was ready to let him go. I was ready to walk away from him…would I have? Would I have turned my back and let him go without saying anything, without telling him how I feel?'

A small but stern cough called out from behind the two. Angrily InuYasha pulled away from the passionate kiss to face a rather disgruntled Hojo. InuYasha glared over the boy and sighed, reading the emotion of betrayal on his face. He sympathized with the boy…honestly he did. But hadn't he warned Hojo to stay away from Kagome? Did he tell him that Kagome was his? `Wait, actually Hojo told me to stay away from Kagome…oh well…. she's mine now and there is shit he can do about it.' he kept his arms wrapped around the frail girl's form and scowled at the boy. "What do you want Homo?"

The boy once again cleared his throat as his eyes took in what he saw before him. "Its Hojo…" he turned his attention to the beet red girl, "Kagome, I though me and you were going to go out after the game…is that still the plan?"

Kagome gulped and let her lips fall into a thin line. "Hojo…i…."

Hojo nodded very slowly. "Oh…I see…well…" he shuffled his feet for a moment, trying to determine the next move. "Maybe next week then…" he turned slowly and began to walk off.

"Hold it, Hobo…" InuYasha let go of Kagome reluctantly as he growled at the boy's words. He walked over to the boy and stood in front of him, crossing his arms and giving him a death stare. "Kagome will not be going out with you next Friday, or Saturday. She will not be going out with you a month from next Saturday…. she will not be going out with you at all! She's mine, Hoho, got it? Mine. Unless you want to lose a right arm or so, then go ahead and try to ask her out again. I need a good reason to sharpen my claws!" he leaned closer to the boy, "get my drift?"

Hojo gulped and quickly nodded, keeping silent for fear of his life.

InuYasha scoffed and stepped to the side. "Now get out of here!" Hojo took off like a bat out of hell, much to Inuyasha's pleasure. He turned slowly to find Kagome staring at him, her hands on her hips. "What did I do now?"

Kagome strut towards InuYasha, her eyes trained on his. She swayed her hips with each step, exonerating every move. Teasingly, she poked at his chest. "Mine? Mine? What am I, some gold plated prize? Since when did I belong to someone?"

InuYasha gave her a small grin and leaned in, taking the girl back into his arms. He nuzzled his nose into her neck, and then gently began to kiss the soft skin. He heard her moan and felt her weight fall into him. "Since when did you belong to me?" he nipped at her neck then gently sucked on the mark. Kagome inhaled sharply beneath him as he attacked the fragile skin. InuYasha pulled back and gave her a cocky smile. He let two fingers trace over a rather large mark forming on her neck. "Since you're going to have that mark for the next few days. Don't worry, I'll make sure there is another one to replace it…and don't try to cover it with a turtleneck, it won't reach."

Kagome gasped and slapped a hand to her neck. "Tell me your joking?"

InuYasha winked at her then grabbed her hand, leading her back to the stands. "Come on, Princess, we have a game to win."

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*

Two eyes watched the pair walk away from the baseball mound from underneath the bleachers. Funny the hanyou had not smelled him there…though the stench of the gathered humans was overwhelming. `So…the hanyou and the miko?' A frown pulled on the red-eyed boys lips. `This is most troublesome…though I shall not say it won't be interesting. I can easily pull them apart with the help of another.' His eyes cast themselves downward to glare at the garments that covered the bandages on his chest. His hands balled into fists at the thought. `Those bastards will pay for what they have done to me. His brother took my pride and my bitch…that hanyou took my love. Yes, they shall both perish unquestionably. Not before I destroy what little they have left.' Naraku turned on his heels and walked away from the game, evil festering in his eyes and being plotted in his mind.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rin stared in amazement as a cheery Kagome sat down next to her, avoiding all eye contact with her. Rin leaned in to the girl and gently sniffed. "Why do you smell like smoke?"

Kagome tired not to smile but she couldn't help it. She turned slowly to face Rin, her cheeks blushing pink. "No reason…"

Rin's eyes lit up as her mood quickly changed to match her friends. "What aren't you telling me?"

Kagome shrugged and turned her attention back to the game. Her eyes found her starting quarterback and followed him about the field. She must have had a very glassy and very much ecstatic look in her eyes for the way Rin was grinning at her.

Rin gently punched Kagome in her shoulder and shouted, "You two made up, didn't you?"

Kagome sighed lightly and looked to her feet. "if you must know, then yes, we did."

Rin blinked a few times. Sure she was happy for them but the things InuYasha had said to Kagome…to her. a part of her hoped that Kagome made him beg. "Just like that? After all the shit he said to you…after all the crude remarks to me? You just let him off the hook like that?"

Kagome shifted her weight about the bench. "Rin…he let me off the hook. Don't forget it was me who hurt him."

Rin shrugged with a deep sigh. "Do as you will Kagome, but just be careful. I don't want to see you hurt again."

Kagome nodded once and stood to turn to the other cheerleaders. "Come on guys, lets get out onto the track and support our guys!"

Rin slapped her face at the cheerfulness of her friend's voice. It was sickeningly sweet…enough to give someone a mouth full of cavities. "Spare me, Kagome." Her eyes settled onto the rather decent sized red mark that had magically appeared on the side of the girl's neck. Kagome must have felt the gaze because she turned slowly to face Rin with an `I have a secret' grin plastered to her face. She laughed then walked with the other girls to begin their ranting cheers for the boys. Rin shook her head and glanced back up into the stands. Sesshoumaru was sitting in the front row, his chin resting in his hands as he stared at her. She gave him a smile and pointed to her neck. She mouthed `all better' and pursed her lips at the boy.

Sesshoumaru watched Rin's movements with very little understanding. He could smell Inuyasha's scent all over Kagome and likewise for InuYasha as they had walked by him, oblivious to his presence. `at least that's over.' He stared back down at Rin, who was watching the game. He had to suppress a growl that was building in the back of his throat. `Does she know how good she looks in that uniform?' he felt the sides of his lips twist up in anticipation of later events. `I'll just have to make sure to tell her that as I take it off her.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

yay…all better for the time being. Don't worry, my loyal readers, Kag and Inu will always find their way back together. Its just destiny.

 

A thanks go out to wowed…,xfiledino, and sailorearth for your reviews and wonderful comments. Thank you all for taking the time to do so. Even small comments such as those can really help motivate a person to write more. I normally jump back into writing when I get reviews, it helps fuel the fire.

Scherezade- yeah, Kagome has an attachment disorder as well as the emotional distress mentioned in this chapter. Mostly, she was just afraid of getting hurt. Of course in life there are no guarantees…but try telling that to a 16 year old girl. There was a backslide planned Kagome foiled it before it got started…but he did open his mouth now that I think of it. opps?

Autumn winds- angst is a big thing…I think stories can thrive off of it, or die under it. There has to be a carefully balanced amount of it. How do I deal with writers block? Good question. I've been working on a story since 9th grade (an original story, of course). I finished it then and in my freshmen year of college I revised it…or at least began doing so. When I found myself lost, I printed out copies and gave them to my friends to get feedback. I think that's why I'm so addicted to mmorg and reviews. It can give you the incite of someone you don't know reading your work. I've continued writing the story of course, going heavily back into it this past summer, my senior year in college. I managed to luck out, actually and find a publisher who is willing to publish the book in England when I'm done with it, which is great….now I just need to stop writing 450 pages of InuYasha stories and I'll be good… just console your friends, or a favorite teacher, who would be willing to read your work and offer you constructive criticism.

Bscs143- glad to know your enjoying the story. I was going with the martini to be the couth James Bond type of air about the demon lord…besides; Martini's are vodka…mostly. ::sigh:: I would buy Sesshoumaru anything he wanted….one would be crazy not to. Hehe. Sorry for the grammatical errors, its hard to concentrate while writing in a sled in the basement of radio city music hall (I shit you not.) LOL. I work there….and when there is nothing to do, I write there…or on the bus…so yeah, sorry bout the slips. Hope you enjoy it never the less.

Inu_rika83- yes, yes my dear, I have a feeling I do know you. How fortuitous that you came across the story. ::attempts to blink but cannot:: hehe. Stupid witches bringing stupid Kikyo back to freakin life.

Aitu- lol, its great to see that you reviewed my story. You always see all the people who reviewed Suerics `Chronicles' (those who have not read this story, do so, its absolutely amazing) and wonder what else they read. I was really pleased to see you picked mine, and liked it. Thank you for the wonderful review. They shall have a society by time the story is done…which mind you they still have tons of more time before June. Tons of time to get in tons of trouble. Thanks again.

Inu lover 2004- wow…. this review means a lot to me. Not just cause it contains such praises but you really depicted what you liked about the story. Thank you so much, and I'll try not to disappoint you in the outcome. It's hard for me to write a story without a lot of detail, which makes my future projects hard to do. Hmm…. we shall see what happens. Thank you so much again!