InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Rocks in the Road ( Chapter 33 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~ Chapter 33 ~<>~ rocks in the road

 

InuYasha pulled the car into the parking lot just as first period had let out. Kagome jumped out of the car and ran into the building, Rin at her heels. InuYasha laughed as he watched then run like bats out of hell to gym to be on time. Laughing he tired to call to Kagome but she was out of hearing range. Shaking his head, he waited for the door to the school to swing shut. Significantly sure she was halfway across the property by then, InuYasha pulled out his pack of cigarettes and stuck one in his mouth. He glanced at the carton of Newport's for a moment, turning the box over in his hands. `I thought this was a brand new box…when did I open it?' shrugging he stuck it back into his pocket and whipped out his lighter. With a sigh, he lit up the cancer stick and inhaled sharply. With a satisfied groan, he blew out the smoke. "hell yeah this is what I've been missing." He blinked rapidly as the nicotine worked it way into his system. But there was something else...something that made his blood flow a little faster and gave him another jolt. He shook his head, gathering back up his senses. He could feel his pupils dilate with the flow of energy and took another drag before prying the stick from his mouth to stare at it. `I didn't lace these…I don't think I did. Shit, maybe I did. No…defiantly not weed in them. I know that feeling. This isn't it.' He shook his head and took another drag. `Note to self, keep these away from Kagome.' He finished off the cigarette leaning on the side of the building before dropping it on the ground and wandering off towards the gymnasium.

Throwing the doors open he walked into the school with a mellow grin on his face. InuYasha made his way through the hallway, strolling his way to class. Looking into trophy cases as he neared the gym, he stared to wind down from his nicotine-induced euphoria. `I wonder if my father went to this school.' He managed a small laugh. `Its hard to imagine my father and Kagome's mother being friends…we're they like the four of us when we hang out? Did they get along like Kagome and me, or like Sango and Miroku? Did they laugh? Was my father a good friend?' he felt a pang of jealousy begin to tie knots in his stomach. `Did he ever win any of these trophies? Did he have his name shouted from the bleachers after winning a football game…a baseball game…was he a jock? Was he a loner?' he paused, his gaze falling onto the last state championship photo of the football team. It had been taken about twenty-two years prior. Though he didn't see his father in the image, he could imagine he was there. `I never knew him…I know nothing about him. Sure, I remember what he looked like…he looked like that bastard brother of mine. He seemed so cold…so distant. He must have been under so much pressure with Diegosan by time I can remember him…he died. Did he ever tell mother about It, about Diegosan? Did she know?' he sighed and looked to the floor, then let his head roll back to rest the back of his neck on his shoulders. `I never had a family…I never had the closeness that Kagome wants…that Kagome needs. Do I even know how to give it to her? Can I really give her a family?' he scrunched up his face at the questions her mother asked him. `She's not carrying a pup…I would know…Sesshoumaru would know and he wouldn't leave me alone about it. No…if she was…I guess that would mean we would need to take care of it…' he closed his eyes and sighed.

"Oi, Muttface, what the fuck did you do to my woman?"

InuYasha snapped open his eyes at the voice and rolled his eyes. "Kouga…" he turned on his heels to glare down the hallway in which he heard the wolf demon. Standing at the end of it was a rather angry looking Kouga. With two seconds, the demon was suddenly in front of InuYasha. InuYasha took a step back and crossed his arms, "Sure you're well enough to be in school, wolf shit?"

Kouga glowered at the boy and took another step towards InuYasha, their faces less then a foot apart, "I still owe you for that shit!"

InuYasha sneered, "take another step towards me and I'll give you another weeks vacation, got it?"

Kouga retorted venomously, "I'd like to see you try that shit again!"

InuYasha wanted to pound his face in…he wanted to make sure the wolf wouldn't get up this time but he couldn't. If he were suspended, it would leave Kagome at the mercy of these animals. Turning on his heels, he threw a hand over his shoulder and strolled towards the gym, "I don't need to waste my time on the likes of you! You're pathetic, Kouga!" pausing, he turned around slowly to give Kouga a death glare, "and if you go anywhere near Kagome, I'll kill you."

Kouga snapped back, "get the fuck back here, we're not done Inukuro!"

InuYasha gave the boy a menacing growl, "the hell we're not. I'm gone."

Kouga met Inuyasha's growl, "keep away from my Kagome…I don't know why she smells like you but I'm gonna fuckin change that!"

InuYasha had Kouga by his neck in a second. Turning the demon, he slammed him into the lockers with an echoing thud. "If you touch Kagome, so help me god I will rip your beating heart from your body and shove it down your throat! I will kill you so don't tempt me. She's mine…she's been claimed!"

Kouga narrowed his eyes, "the fuck you did! Kagome would never let something like you defile her…"

InuYasha dropped him to the floor and took a step back, a smirk rising to his lips. "Oh, you'd be surprised at the things Kagome would let me do. As for defiling…fuck you."

Kouga rubbed his neck and shot up to his feet. "The only thing Kagome would let you do is jump off a fuckin cliff! I know Kagome, unlike you dog shit! I know that she wouldn't just give herself up like that!"

InuYasha couldn't help the grin that now spread across his face. He turned away from Kouga before he said anything that would get him in trouble later. He couldn't help the burning need to comment. Knowing he would regret it later, he called over his shoulder, "twice actually…once being in my pool." He could only imagine Kouga's expression and the knowledge that the wolf demon's jaw must have hit the floor. He didn't bother turning around, he just grinned wildly and entered the locker room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

InuYasha got onto the track twenty minutes before the class was over. He had told Floydd that he had overslept, and being the star player on the team currently, it was overlooked. He then took his time finding Kagome and Rin in the class before joining them on the track…more like watched them from the sidelines. There were only a few people on the indoor track…everyone was spaced out. Kagome and Rin walked at their leisure around the track, gossiping about the day. He watched them from the shadows with a smirk plastered to his face. he could hear everything that was said.

Rin glanced at her friend as they walked the oval. "Wait, let me get this straight, you dropped me on the couch and went upstairs to take a shower…and he followed you in?"

Kagome nodded slowly. "Yeah, he didn't give me much of a choice…" quietly she added, "not that I objected…"

Rin giggled and shook her head, "its just not fair! You get the time to be alone…me and Sesshoumaru…we haven't gotten a minute to ourselves…and when we do, someone ruins it." she smiled and shook her head slowly, "when InuYasha interrupted us the other day…calling to Sesshoumaru from outside the barrier, I thought Sesshoumaru was going to attack him again. He had the sword and all. It was kind of scary." She laughed softly and shrugged, "but he didn't."

Kagome nodded slowly. "But wait, this morning gets better."

Rin laughed loudly and stared at Kagome, "I would be to think sex in a shower would be a pretty damn good morning."

Kagome blushed profusely and blinked a few times, "well…yeah…but still…it kind of came to a crashing halt when my mom banged on the door and InuYasha answered her."

Rin's eyes doubled in size as she stopped walking. "Are you kidding me? She walked in on you two? Damn, I thought my dad was embarrassing enough…"

Kagome rolled her eyes and slowly added, "well, she didn't walk in exactly…but I would be to think if she was anywhere in the house when we were…uhh…you know…then she had to have…uhh…heard."

Rin gasped and put a hand to her mouth. After a moment, she asked in a fit of giggles, "How loud were you two?"

Kagome screwed her eyes shut and grimaced. "I thought we had woken you up."

Rin slapped a hand to her cheek and doubled over in laughter. "Your mom must have had aneurysm! Oh my god! I mean, my dad caught us before we got any where near that point…"

Kagome exhaled sharply, "yeah, my mom caught us right after that point."

Rin scowled then laughed again. "So you mean…"she laughed again, "that your mom knocked on the door right after you both…uhh…finished?"

Kagome nodded slowly, her face slowly turning red. "Yeah…and if she didn't get the idea right away, well….I'm sorry."

All traces of laugher died on Rin's face as she narrowed her eyes at her friend. "Why?"

Kagome chewed on her bottom lip and shuffled her feet, "well…InuYasha thought my mom was you and kind of…uhh…restated what just happened."

Rin's eyes widened as she grabbed Kagome's arm. "What did he say?"

Kagome laughed lowly and shrugged, "you want his exact words?"

Rin nodded, though a part of her dreaded what Kagome was about to say.

Kagome took a deep breath then mimicked InuYasha, "'Oi Rin, go back to fuckin sleep! We don't bother you when you're fuckin around with Fluffy,' or something to that accord."

Rin's face had lost some of its color as she glowered at the girl, "what? God, your mom is going to think I'm a whore!"

Kagome sighed and looked at her feet, "she basically called me a whore…I thought InuYasha was going to flip out on her! He really almost did."

Rin blinked a few times and shrugged, "it must be something that runs through the family. Sesshoumaru nearly took out my dad, though I really wish he did."

Kagome frowned, "it hurt to hear my mom think that I've become a whore…I had to convince her that I really care about him. I think she finally understood by time we left. You know…I told her…I've never felt this way about anyone before…I told her that I'm in love with him."

Rin gasped and stared at Kagome, "are you? You admitted that in front of him?"

Kagome nodded slowly, "and he told her the same…yes of course I'm in love with him."

Two hands suddenly attached themselves around her waist. She let out a shriek, as did Rin. "She better be in love with me. After the shit we went through this morning…"

Kagome jumped and turned to find InuYasha behind her, grinning like a fool. She sighed and wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him lightly on his lips. "Yes, I do love you…and you know this."

InuYasha kissed her back then kissed the side of her neck. "Yes, yes I do. Now how bout me and you get out of here and…"

Kagome pulled away from the boy and gave him a playful shove. "Don't even think about it, dog boy. Not happening…"

InuYasha pouted and blinked slowly at Kagome, "come on Princes…it could be fun." He gave her a small smile and winked.

Rin laughed as Kagome blushed. Rin shook her head slowly, "Sesshoumaru was right…you really can't keep it in your pants, can you?"

InuYasha scowled at the girl then at Kagome when Kagome answered shortly, "no he can't. He forgot what we did an hour ago." she gave him a short smile and rolled her eyes.

InuYasha grabbed Kagome around her waist and pulled her into his chest. Leaning down, he let his lips slide over her neck. She gasped and tried to pull away but he wouldn't give. Latching onto the one spot he knew he could get to her with, he let his tongue tease the skin. He could instantly tell his plot worked. Kagome became putty in his hands as he let go of the spot and kept kissing her over her neck.

Rin rolled her eyes and tapped her foot on the track. "Come on you two…lets move it along before I need to shove you both under the shower to cool you off…oh wait, that's right…you two have a fetish for water."

Kagome gasped at her friend, her eyes snapping open. "Rin!"

InuYasha gave Rin a snide smile as he let go of Kagome's neck for a moment, "Rin, I could take this girl at any point or place. There ain't nothing sacred…"

A deep cough interrupted the three from their private conversation as they turned quickly. Hojo and Eri stood behind them, their eyes slightly wider then normal. Hojo looked very disgruntled. He coughed again and seemed to be fighting with himself to not say something. "Excuse us…you guys are blocking the track…"

InuYasha glared at the boy as he pulled Kagome out of their way by her waist, his mouth still attached to her neck.

Rin glanced from Kagome to Hojo then back to Kagome and sighed. She made sure to give them room to get by.

Hojo walked by with Eri in tote and glanced back at Kagome, "I warned you Higurashi."

InuYasha let go of Kagome for that one. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean, homo?"

Eri sneered at InuYasha as if he were a piece of gum on her shoe and reached out and grabbed Kagome's arm. "I'm gonna borrow her for a moment, excuse us." with a yank, she pulled Kagome away from the hanyou before he could get his say in. she pulled Kagome half way around the track, giving Rin a look of `follow us and I'll throw you off the track' then paused. She glared at Kagome as if she were a stranger. "What the hell are you doing Kagome? The things I've heard…bad things…god Kagome, what happened to your neck?"

Kagome put a hand to her neck and blushed. She felt the anger welling in her body but she couldn't bring herself to start yelling. "What have you heard, Eri?"

Eri paused and looked over her shoulder towards the angry hanyou who was in a yelling match with Hojo. She would have to ask Hojo about it later. Glaring back at Kagome, she narrowed her eyes, "stuff…look, people say that you and that boy were…well…lets just say I've heard not so flattering stuff about you two, midnight and a pool."

Kagome blinked for a moment, taking a very deep breath. If Eri had told her this three weeks ago, she would have freaked out, cried…maybe even passed out. Now…now it just seemed so trivial. `I let two years of my high school career be ruined because of what people said…because they believed that slut Kikyo was me. I let it bother me…and now that the gossip that people are spreading is true…and I don't care. I…I just don't care.' She smiled in her sudden self-enlightenment and leaned to look around her seething friend to see that InuYasha was doing the same. She gave him a small wave with a rather enchanted smile. `It doesn't matter…it just doesn't matter. I know who we are…I don't need someone to tell me that. I love him…I really love him.'

Eri looked at Kagome then turned around to see InuYasha giving the girl a shallow smile then returning to his verbal spat with Hojo. She whipped back around and stepped into Kagome's line of sight. "Kagome, focus here. Your reputation is about to be put to shame if you keep going around acting like things are going on between you two…so answer me…are they?"

Kagome sighed deeply and gave her friend a rather annoyed smile. "Tell me Eri, if I said that everything you heard that happened me and InuYasha was a lie…what would you say?"

Eri let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. "I would say thank god because he's shit! I mean it Kagome, I heard that he raped some girl back in his other school and that's why he was kicked out. We were worried he was going to do the same to you." she narrowed her eyes when Kagome's suddenly darkened. "I mean he's really trouble Kagome…then Hojo told me that you agreed to go out with him and I was ecstatic. Then you blew off poor Hojo for that bastard again! Come on Kagome, he's a drug dealing piece of shit…"

Kagome stomped her foot on the ground, her eyes mere slits. "Look, you don't know him, Eri, so stop talking trash about him. I'm glad to know that you are looking out for me but you just assuming you know him, doesn't do it. If you want to know the truth, then ask. If you want to know who he really is, spend time with him. You might actually like him."

Eri pulled back and stared at the girl. "Kagome…he's a hood! A hood, Kagome! We don't talk to them, remember? They are called hoods for a reason!"

Kagome groaned and nearly shouted, "Because they wear a fuckin sweatshirt! Come on, it's a hoodie! If people called us by our clothing…we would be like the skirts…or legs."

Eri rolled her eyes and held out her hands like the answer was obvious and Kagome was stupid for not seeing it. "They are trouble; drugs, parties, drinking, failing in life, being assholes…come on Kagome…you're a Perfect and belong with such. Like Hojo…he really likes you still, regardless of the fact that you've blown him off like a thousand times now!" she grabbed her friends hands and held them tightly. "Please tell me that everything I heard was wrong."

Kagome tilted her head towards her shoulder and licked her lips slowly. "You heard that we just had sex in his pool, didn't you?" she knew that she wouldn't live down the rumors…but it just didn't matter. With InuYasha by her side, she could conquer an army. She was happy with him and there was nothing anyone could say to change her mind about that.

Eri nodded as if the weight of the world was on her shoulders. "Tell me its wrong…please Kagome, tell me its wrong."

Kagome gave her friend a warm smile and slowly began walking back towards InuYasha. She gave her friend a smug grin as they walked the track. "It is wrong…it's very inaccurate actually."

Eri sighed out in relief and shook her head, "I thought so…I mean, I never figured you to be the kind of girl to just sleep with some…"

Kagome cut her off as she gave InuYasha a smile. She didn't even look over her shoulder as she walked away from Eri. Calling over her shoulder, she shouted, "the pool wasn't the only place."

~*~*~*~*~*~* ((meanwhile))))

InuYasha couldn't hold back his growl as Eri grabbed Kagome from his arms. He reached out to grab her and for a moment wondered exactly who would notice if he hurled the bitch off the track. He narrowed his eyes as he reached out to grab her arm. "I'm going to borrow her for a moment, excuse us." he growled louder at this statement yet remained where he stood. `She has to handle this by herself. If I keep jumping in, they are going to think I'm forcing her into a relationship. I can't force her against her friends…' he let his gaze wander back to Hojo and he frowned, `even if they are pompous pricks…'

Hojo watched the girl's disappear around the track before he turned to face the hanyou. It was something he didn't want to do…it was something he was actually afraid of doing. The boy always seemed so aggressive…so malicious. Holding his spot and his breath, he glared the boy in the eye and declared, "I think you need to stay away from Kagome."

The hanyou, who had been watching Kagome be dragged away by the overzealous bitch, turned very slowly to stare at the boy. Rage boiled under his skin and he had to force himself not to reach out and strangle the nigen. "Come again?"

Rin's mouth dropped open. She was going to try to stay out of the conversation…it was something that needed to be had with the two of the boys but for Hojo to have the brass balls to say that to InuYasha, she cringed at the expected reaction from the boy. `Man, Hojo's going to need a miracle to get out of this one alive.'

Hojo nearly cowered under the angry gaze of InuYasha. He cleared his throat and tried to stand a little taller, trying to mask his fear. "I think you need to stay way from Kagome."

InuYasha felt himself sneer at the boy. Narrowing his eyes he took a step closer to Hojo, "and I think you need to mind your own fuckin business. Kagome's a big girl, she can take care of herself." Shaking his head slowly, he let out a rather pretentious laugh. "Didn't we talk about this a week ago, hobo? I think the conversation went something like this, `you can't keep me from her, she's mine…' and then you retorted something pointless about your friends who could kick my ass. Then I did this." he reached out and grabbed Hojo by his shirt and turned and slammed him into the wall.

Rin jumped off of the railing she had been leaning on and grabbed Inuyasha's arm. "Yash, no, put him down. This isn't the way to get your point across." When InuYasha didn't budge, Rin let aggravation slip into her tone, "InuYasha, put him down. Now!"

Looking to his right, InuYasha made direct eye contact with Rin. "Rin, please, I need to have another conversation with our dear Homo here. So if you would be so kind, back off."

Rin frowned then walked to where there were some chairs and sat down, just in hearing range of the boys with a frown plastered on her face.

InuYasha let his eyes thank her before glaring back at Hojo. "Now where were we? Oh yes, then I informed you that I do what I want, when I want. Now I have something to add to that conversation. Kagome and me…see we have something that no one can get in the middle of. Trust me, people have tried…they all ended up in the hospital. Ask Kouga…ask Dachi…they all tried to put their paws on Kagome. She's mine, Hojo…got it?"

Hojo swallowed hard. Sure, when he approached InuYasha two and a half weeks ago he wasn't afraid of the boy…but since then he heard everything that had happened. The four boys he had put in the hospital, the girl he had raped…he didn't want to mess with this guy and get on his shit list, but it was for Kagome. `She'll come around; she'll have to. I mean, what can this guy give her?' putting his hands on Inuyasha's, he tired to pull away. "Look, put me down. We can talk like civilized people, can't we?"

InuYasha growled but let the boy go never the less. "Look, I'm only going to say this once, I love her. Did you get that Hoho? I'm in love with Kagome…and she is in love with me."

Hojo rubbed his neck while slightly shaking his head. "That's foolish…you just met her. I, on the other hand, know Kagome quite well and can honestly say that she would never do anything brash…then suddenly here you come and she's a different person. I heard rumors…things that have been whispered from people who went to your party. They say you and her…not Kagome, Kagome would never do something like that."

InuYasha took a deep breath…it was the only thing he could do from pounding this human into a bloody pulp. He could feel the anger overtaking his soul. How dare this boy take part in rumors about Kagome? Closing his eyes, he tried to center himself. He glanced over the boy's shoulder to see if Kagome was having the same problem with Erin…or whatever her name was…on the other side of the track. He was surprised to see her staring towards him with a stupid happy grin plastered on her face. That sight might have saved Hojo's life. He sighed and gave her a very thin smile before returning to his argument. With a step towards the boy, he pointed his finger at him, "Listen up, Hojo! Stay. Out. Of. It. got it? Stay the fuck away from us. Kagome said something to me the other day and I'm starting to realize that I don't think I'm the only one it applies to. You don't know her at all. You know the front that she's put up in school. You don't know the girl behind it. You don't see what she does when she's alone or for that matter, you don't see us together because you don't want to. She's lived with me for the past three weeks…I think I know her pretty damned well and honestly, she's a completely different person out of school."

Hojo took a step away from InuYasha, his eyes wide with fear and contempt. "Kagome was a good person, a good student before you came in. she never missed school…she never…"

InuYasha let out a loud growl that shut the boy up. Grabbing him again by his shirt, he pulled Hojo two inches from his face. "She is still a good person, she is still a good student. She just has a life now…that's something you should look into getting."

Hojo shook his head, "having sex with boys she hardly knows in pools in the middle of October doesn't classify as having a life. That's just wrong…and it's something I would expect from Kikyo…not Kagome."

InuYasha was about the throw the boy. He heard Rin stand up from her chair and could hear her running for him but it didn't matter. She wouldn't reach him in time. He lifted Hojo a foot off the ground and was honestly ready to send the boy over the second story track into the wooden gym floor below. What he heard from behind him froze his blood as well as his actions.

""The pool wasn't the only place."

InuYasha dropped Hojo to the floor and whirled around, shock running deep in his eyes. `Did my Kagome just admit that we had sex in the pool…and then some? Did she really just put that bitch in her place?' he glanced down at Hojo who was sitting on the floor dumbstruck…apparently he must have heard the comment as well. With a beaming smirk InuYasha took a step towards the approaching girl. He looked behind Kagome to where the girl who had so rudely dragged her away froze in mid step, her mouth hanging open. Kagome didn't seem to mind though. InuYasha let the smirk slide into a smile as Kagome changed from her nonchalant walk to a mild jog. InuYasha reached out and grabbed her by her hips and swung her around in a circle then pulled her down to rest his lips on hers. It was more of a kiss for show then for pleasure. They both wanted the others to understand and they made their point perfectly clear.

Two gasps echoed from either side of the couple but they didn't care…the kiss that was meant to show off had turned the heat on between the two. InuYasha kissed her deeper, pulling her flush against his chest. She, in return, wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself even closer.

Eri watched the two carefully, her eyes wide in realization. Slowly she shook her head then turned and walked towards the exit of the track. "Come on Hojo, apparently our friend doesn't want to be saved…she's already gone." She sneered at the two then grabbed Hojo, who seemed reluctant to give up, by the arm and yanked him behind her.

Rin smiled as she watched Kagome give in to her heart for once and nodded slowly. Blinking, all amusement was gone from her face as she turned to storm after Eri. Pushing open the door behind the two who had just left, she cleared her throat. Putting on the most demanding voice she could muster, she called out to her `friends' halfway down the stairwell, her voice echoing off the bland yellow walls. "Eri!"

Eri paused in mid step and Hojo nearly knocked her over. The pair turned around, shocked, and stared at Rin. Eri pushed past Hojo and crossed her arms, defeat and the aggravation that accompanied that knowledge etched across her face. "What is it Rin?"

Rin took two steps towards the two then leaned on the railing. "Do you want to help Kagome?"

Eri seemed interested and was baited easily. "Of course but she has it stuck in her mind that…"

Rin held up a hand to stop the girl and glared at her. "Then leave her the hell alone. You say you're a friend but in truth, you're not. You've never been. I've been with Kagome through thick and thin and let me tell you, she's the happiest I've ever seen her. Ever. Hands down." Taking another step towards the pair, her eyes darkened and her tone became very threatening, "and if you think for one fucking minute that I'm going to sit back on my ass and watch you try to come in between her and the object of her affection, your dead wrong. I will kill anyone who tries to hurt Kagome. Leave her alone. Got it?"

Eri shook her head slowly, staring at Rin like she had grown a third head. "You know, give a mouse a cookie…"

Rin's eyes widened and she took another step towards Eri, her hands clenched at her side. "What the fuck are you implying?"

Eri's eyes flashed with a fiery rage as she closed the distance between her and Rin. "I'm saying, Rin, that both you and Kagome suddenly think you're untouchable, that because you're with these badass dudes that you're the shit. Let me tell you something, you've both become trash."

Rin reached out and slapped the girl across her face. Eri turned with the blow and grabbed her face, tears filling her eyes. "How dare you? You don't know shit Eri! What grief do you have with InuYasha besides for the fact that he managed to take your friends heart?"

Eri stared at Rin, her eyes filled with a mix of sadness and anger. "I can't believe you just hit me…"

Rin crossed her arms, ready to defend herself against any blow Eri could dish out. "you are so out of line…"

Eri shook her head slowly, "what about us Rin? When did we become roadside luggage that you can just drop at the slightest whim to only pick up weeks later when your hearts are broken? What are you going to do when these jerks finally show their true colors?"

Rin slowly shook her head, a mix of amazement and irony twisting circles in her eyes. "Is that what this is about? You're jealous?"

Eri crossed her arms and stuck out her chin. "I'm worried Rin, scared for my so called friends…not jealous."

Rin laughed a very cynical laugh. "You're fucking jealous! My god, why didn't I see this earlier?"

Eri grabbed Hojo's arm and turned on her heels with a huff. "I'm not jealous, Rin, of your trashy, arrogant, self diluted boyfriends. I just think they turned you both into whores…and that is what you're going to remain when they dump you like yesterday's trash. And that is what you will be to every person in this school; trash."

Rin called on all the power she had to not attack the girl at the bottom of the stairwell. Instead, she focused her anger into swinging the door open. She called out loudly, "backstabbing bitch!" She let the door pound closed behind her as she reentered the track. InuYasha and Kagome were just as she had left them and Rin let out a low groan. "can you two please not do that in front of me until Sesshoumaru can come back to school?"

Kagome pulled away from InuYasha and glanced about, confusion overtaking her face. "where…where did Hojo and Eri go?"

Rin stared at Kagome dumbfounded for a moment then began to laugh hysterically. She walked while laughing, tear brimming in her eyes, and pushed her way between the two. Stretching up, she wrapped her arms around Kagome and Inuyasha's shoulders. "That was priceless. Absolutely priceless."

The three walked off the track laughing, not taking notice to the other three who sat at the opposing side of the track, glowering at them as they walked off.

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*

The rest of the day flew by rather quickly for the three. Kagome had thought it was going to be hell on earth, facing the school that knew of her tryst in the pool. But with Inuyasha's hand in hers, she just turned her cheek to the one's spreading the rumors. Lunch was a little difficult…the minute the three entered the cafeteria all conversation died. It was like walking through a crypt. InuYasha put his book bag down on the lunch table and pulled out his cigarettes. He glared about the cafeteria and sighed. Turning to Kagome he slowly shook his head. "I need a fuckin smoke…I'm going outside. You want to come?"

Kagome scowled at the boy and shook her head profusely. "That's disgusting," she said in a matter of fact tone while staring at the stick in his fingers.

Someone snickered a few tables away and Kagome could just about hear, "sure she sucked him off…" from someone's mouth. Her cheeks flushed and InuYasha noticed immediately. He began to growl and glare about for the offender. Kagome reached over and took his chin in her fingers and turned him to face her. "Don't worry what shit they say, they don't know what they are talking about."

InuYasha blinked once then sighed. Nodding slowly, he leaned down and pecked her on the lips. "I'll be back."

Kagome smiled as he pulled back and waved before grabbing Rin's arm and pulling her towards the lunch line. They stood silent, watching people stare at them like they were some type of exhibit in the museum.

Two guys, seniors who they did not know, turned around and smiled at the girls. One, a blond with dark eyes, smiled at Kagome and gave her a wink. "InuYasha threw a nasty party…tell him that if he's gonna do it again, to let the senior class know. It was wicked nice." He slowly let his eyes linger over Kagome, undressing her with his gaze, then smiled, "and if you feel like giving out anymore freebies in the pool baby, you call me."

Kagome's jaw fell open and the other boy, a long black haired boy with cold brown eyes, laughed and patted his friend on the back. He glared at Rin and smiled, "there's always the empty bathroom for us baby…I know how you've gotten freaky in there with Naraku a couple times…"

"will you just shut the fuck up Ming and get your fuckin food so you can feed that fat mouth of yours? Has anyone told you that you're an asshole?"

all four turned around to find Eri standing at the entrance of the line, her hands planted on her hips. Kagome and Rin stared in complete confusion as the boys stared in shock. They grabbed their trays and waded off into the crowd, their heads hung low.

Kagome gave Eri a half smile before turning her full attention to Rin. Rin's face was pale and her eyes filled with tears of hatred. She threw down her tray and pushed her way past Eri out of the line. Kagome ran after her, pausing at Eri. She gave her one slow nod of gratuity then asked with a scowl, "how widely known is the rumor of her and Naraku?"

Eri returned the nod with a soft smile then sighed, "I heard it the first time this morning…I think it started going around when people learned that you and InuYasha were…well…you know." She grabbed Kagome's arm as she brushed past the girl and timidly said, "I was really out of line…I'm sorry Kagome. I don't know why I've been so nasty about it and I really am sorry. I shouldn't have tried to interrupt without really getting to know him. I'm sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me…"

Kagome put her hand on Eri's shoulder and gave her a small smile. "it's okay…but we need to find Rin. Eri…Rin never…" she paused, not wanting to expose Rin's secret. People tended to treat rape victims different…like outsiders. She didn't want to see Rin's whole life go in that alley.

Eri was by Kagome's side walking towards the direction that Rin fled. "Rin never what?"

Kagome sighed and looked at the girl. "Look, you need to stop that rumor. I know that you're a main focus of the rumor mill…don't deny it. I'm not trying to accuse you of anything but you have to stop that in its tracks. She never…."

Eri nodded quickly as they reached the hallway. "She didn't sleep with Naraku, I got it." The two gazed about the hallway and noticed the girl's bathroom door swinging slightly on its hinges. Eri nodded towards the room and they slowly approached it.

Kagome put a hand on the girl's shoulder and stopped her. "look, Eri…what exactly is the rumor that is circling about her and Naraku?"

Eri seemed hesitant to tell her and Kagome gave her a hard stare. Crumbling under the pressure, Eri shifted her weight on her hips. "Yara Zhang was told by Julio Suarez that got it from Numi Jio that she saw Naraku leave the girl's bathroom about a week ago and then like five minutes later Rin ran out of the bathroom, looking through the hallways as if she thought someone was would see. So when Numi told Julio, he asked Naraku who didn't deny it and actually said that Rin had been sucking…"

Kagome held out a hand and stopped her friend's rant. She didn't want to hear it. with what came out as a growl, Kagome peered at Eri, "Eri, Naraku raped Rin."

Eri's mouth fell open for the fourth time that day as she digested the news. "what? Are you sure?"

Kagome nodded sternly. "I'm positive, trust me. he probably had forced her to…well…you get the picture. That cannot be allowed…"

Eri clenched her fists at her side and shook her head slowly. "I'll put that bastard in his place. How dare he lay a hand on Rin?" Eri gasped and put a hand to her mouth. "That's why Sesshoumaru handed Naraku his ass in the library?"

Kagome nodded slowly, "he apparently walked in on Naraku trying to force himself on her. Sesshoumaru was hurt pretty bad…but not as bad as Naraku."

Eri's face dropped and she really looked like she could have cried. "I feel like such an ass. Sesshoumaru stood up for Rin and was nearly killed for it. God, I'm so sorry Kagome…"

Kagome gave her a smile that slid from her lips instantly. She looked at the door that she was sure Rin had run to and sighed. "Maybe you should stay here…"

Eri shook her head no. "I have to apologize…we had it out in the stairwell and I said some really bitchy things."

Kagome sighed then nodded. The two wordlessly entered the bathroom. Kagome walked up to the single closed stall door and held her breath. She could hear Rin sobbing inside of it. Tapping lightly on the steel door, she tenderly called out, "Rin, its me…open up."

Rin sniffled and called out in a voice Kagome had hoped she wouldn't hear again from the girl…a voice that was so broken, so hurt. "I need time, Kagome…please."

Kagome leaned on the door and sighed. "Rin, Sesshoumaru would be very disappointed in you right now, you know?"

Rin sniffled again then opened the door. Her eyes were red and tears streaked the girls face. "I don't care."

Kagome gave her a smile and pulled Rin into a hug. "Don't lie to me Rin…I know you do. You can't let the gossip get to you. We know its not true…and he's gonna go down for that shit as well…just wait till Sesshoumaru gets down wind of it. He'll rip Naraku's balls off."

Rin let out a stifled laugh and leaned her head on Kagome's shoulder. "How can anyone think I would touch that bastard? That's…ugh…that thought alone makes my skin crawl!"

Kagome nodded in agreement and understanding, "I'm so sorry Rin. I wish I could hurt those guys…" she gave her friend a warm smile, "do you want me to sick InuYasha on them? He'd do it you know?"

Rin laughed and wiped her eyes. "You're right, this is stupid for me to cry over. They don't know shit…they don't know what I've been through…" her eyes fell on the girl behind Kagome and her face suddenly turned impassive. She blinked once as the girl slowly approached her. "What do you want? Are you happy? Is your day completed now that you got to see me cry?"

Eri chewed on her lip, tears filling her eyes. "I'm sorry Rin…I'm sorry for everything I said, for everything I did. I'm sorry for what Naraku did to you…I swear to god I'm going to set everyone straight if I have to scream it from the rooftops. I want to help…I feel so bad. I'm sorry…I'm so sorry…"

Rin glared at the girl for a moment before looking at Kagome. With a small smile, she asked Kagome, "So what do we do? Do we accept her back or make her walk the plank for mutiny?"

Kagome smiled and hugged Rin again. "I think we all have betrayed each other at one point or another. I think we need to start clean…start new. I think we need to do away with these stupid cliques while we're at it."

Eri gasped but chose to keep her mouth shut, which didn't go unnoticed by the other two girls. Eri cautiously walked up to the other two and gave them a pleading look. "Are we okay?"

Kagome gave Rin a smile and she slowly returned it. Holding out a hand, Kagome pulled Eri into the embrace. "Yes, we're okay."

The three hugged for a moment before pulling back and Eri sighed. "Now what?"

Kagome laughed and grabbed her friend's hands. "We eat lunch, I'm starving!"

The girls fell into a fit of laughter as they walked out of the bathroom just like old times…old times that had been forgotten with the passing of time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*

 

InuYasha leaned against the brick wall of the school, savoring in the blissful toxins of the cigarette in his hand. Taking another drag, he put his head onto cold bricks and frowned. `This have been to quiet in school. With Kouga back and with Naraku having to be lurking around here somewhere…something has to be going on…I'm missing something and I know it.' he took another drag and blew the smoke into the frigid air. The nicotine helped ease his worries…helped let his mind clear. He wanted to say that the cigarettes had something in them…maybe a sedative he had laced them with. He was sure to check the one before he lit up, just to be sure that it wasn't anything to bad. In fact, he hadn't been able to find anything. He chalked up the reason for his euphoria to the simple fact that he hadn't smoked in a week or so. Its not that he needed it…but it sure as hell felt good. He closed his eyes and slid to the ground to sit. Finishing off the first smoke, he was tempted to light up another before a voice cut through the air.

"yo man, I'm glad to see you're still breathing!"

InuYasha opened his eyes to find Koi leaning on the doorframe of the school, tints of worry lining his face. "Yeah, I'm still alive and kicking for now." he picked up a stone and threw it, way off course, at the boy. It fell to the ground by his foot. "you bastard, you high tailed it out of my place like a bat out of hell! What happened to cleaning up?"

Koi raised an eyebrow and kicked the rock back to InuYasha. "Dude, your brother went postal! You really think I'm gonna hang around when your brother was wielding a fuckin sword? Are you nuts?"

InuYasha shook his head and rolled his eyes. "He didn't hurt anyone…"

Koi raised an eyebrow and seemed shocked. "Dude, he impaled you! That's when I was out, when he stuck that thing through your chest! How are you still alive?"

InuYasha frowned and turned to look away from the boy, glaring out into the parking lot. He had managed to snag a baseball cap from Souta and was in no hurry to take it off. "He got me in the shoulder, not the chest. Sure, hurt like a bitch but I'm fine."

Koi snorted and sat down next to the hanyou. "I'm sure it did…but InuYasha…he got you in the chest, I know what I saw!"

InuYasha sighed and glared at the boy, "and I know where the fuck I was wounded. Are you done yet?"

Koi gave him a sly smile and shook his head. "Not nearly. Okay, so you were stabbed in your shoulder by that manic, fine. What's this now that I heard about the pool?"

InuYasha laughed ruefully and shook his head. "I know I shouldn't have done that then. I should have fuckin waited."

Koi gave him an all-knowing smile, "so it is true! Dude, that rocks!"

InuYasha shrugged and lit up another smoke, trying to hide the pink tint to his cheeks. "Yeah well…"

Koi's grin widened as he prodded InuYasha with his elbow. "so you and Higurashi, huh?"

InuYasha nodded once, his feet becoming his main focus point.

Koi let out a scoff and shook his head. "I don't get you man. One minute you're telling me and the guys that she's a perfect angel and no one can touch her, then you're telling us that she's a slut and a bitch then you're fuckin her in your pool. You gonna tell me what the hell that's about?"

InuYasha shook his head and shrugged, "love can do funny things to you. Can really fuck with your head, ya know?"

Koi's jaw fell open as he stared at InuYasha. "Love? Love! Tell me man that you did not just say you're in love with her!"

InuYasha grinned slightly and inhaled on the cigarette. "Yeah, I did say that and yes, I am."

Koi smacked a hand to his forehead and shook his head rapidly from side to side. "no, no, no! You're not supposed to fall in love with her! Dude, cheerleaders are fuck toys, not girlfriends! I thought you figured that out when you laid claim to her. I thought that's what you wanted her for. You know, the three f's! Find em, fuck em, and forget em. Relationships, let alone love, should not factor in!"

InuYasha couldn't help the growl the slipped out of his mouth. It was a very possessive, very non-debatable growl. "I, in no mind frame, ever had the intentions of committing the three f's with Kagome. I'm serious man, don't even say that. That could so put me in the dog house if she thinks for one moment that was my intention," he turned to glare at the boy, "which it wasn't. Ever. So get it out of your head."

Koi shrugged and slowly stood, brushing off his jeans. "Girls like that are nothing but trouble. She's a Perfect, dude! You can't in your right mind want that! they are all materialistic…all mushy hallway couples. You know…the kind that only kiss in public and you really think that's as far as their relationship goes."

InuYasha gazed up at the boy, a smirk on his lips, mischief in his eyes. "I think Kagome and me have already proved more then a `hallway couple'. Pool, remember?"

Koi gave him a grin of his own and shook his head. "I still can't get over the fact that you nailed little miss Pristine in the pool…or at all for that matter, and in a matter of a week. Dude, I bow to you."

InuYasha laughed and shrugged. "She's not a bad person Koi."

Koi nodded once. "I never said she was. I know she's not. I really like Kagome, she's a nice girl. A very nice girl with a very hot body, might I add? So, you got with the queen bee…do you think you could set me up with that fine piece of tail that follows her around. You know, the other cheerleader?"

InuYasha felt the grin spread across his face as he slowly stared up at the boy. "You mean Rin?"

Koi nodded swiftly, "yeah, she's hot."

InuYasha laughed once, rather scornfully. "Sorry dude, she's taken, claimed, and way off limits. And if you like your heart beating in your chest, I would really suggest for you to drop that thought like a bad habit."

Koi looked rather depressed at the news as his shoulders slumped forward. "by who? Who managed to get to her before me?"

InuYasha shook his head and laughed. "My brother."

Koi punched the air and sighed. "shit man, what's with your family? Tell me he nailed her as well? Well…not that she hasn't given it up before him…"

InuYasha stood up slowly, his eyes narrowing. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Koi shrugged and gave InuYasha a quizzical look. "Dude, back down, I'm just saying. I've heard things, ya know? Gossip and shit like that. Next to the blooming, and apparently true, rumor of you and Kagome in your pool has been Rin screwing Naraku in the…"

Before the boy could finish his sentence, InuYasha had him by the collar. He turned and brought the boy an inch from his face, a growl resonating from his throat. "listen hard and listen good Koi, I'm not going to say this again. Rin never, ever, slept with Naraku! Not on her own accord. If I ever so much as think I hear you thinking that she did, I will personally shove my foot so far up your ass, you'll be tasting dirt, got it?"

Koi gasped as he was hauled from the ground. Here he was, a two hundred pound boy who was at least six feet three inches tall being suspended in mid air by a boy who couldn't' have been more then six foot with maybe a hundred and seventy pounds on him. Koi pulled at the boys hands, trying to breath but to no avail did InuYasha let up. Finally Koi simply nodded in agreement and was set back down gently. "Dude, what the fuck?"

InuYasha dropped his cigarette to the ground, a rather bitter taste forming in his mouth. `Poor Rin, its bad enough that she had to live through it, now it's a fuckin rumor that she was sleeping with the fucker? Son of a bitch!' he blinked once, menacingly at Koi. "Naraku is scum…if you see him, honestly, beat the living shit out of him. That's all I'm saying."

Koi must have understood for a look of enlightenment then apprehension then disgust played across his face like a movie. "tell me you're joking? He…Naraku raped her?"

InuYasha scowled at the boy as he pushed past him, ramming his shoulder into the boy's as he passed by. "not saying anything…just don't spread that shit…it's disgusting." He turned to go into the building and froze mid step. Four police cars were parked by the entrance to the school with four armed cops dragging a boy from the front door. The boy didn't seem to be fighting the arrest. InuYasha took a step closer and gasped. "Ah, Fuck!" he jumped into a run and made his way towards the cops. He was about ten feet away before two guards intercepted him with guns aimed. "Wait a god damned minute, why are you arresting him? What's the charge?"

One cop, lowering his fun slightly, glared at the boy in anticipation. He had to think InuYasha was going to attack him. With a scowl he jerked his finger at the boy, never wavering his attention from InuYasha. "Are you family?"

InuYasha widened his eyes slightly then nodded and lied, "I'm his brother in law…his mom's away and sister is sick."

The second cop, who had put away the gun, turned on his heels and growled; "stop by the station with the real family, we'll tell them then."

With a growl, he flicked one ear under the cap to hear what the others were saying. He clenched his teeth and sighed deeply when he heard the words. `Shit, what did the kid get himself into now?'

The cop behind the boy pushed him against the car and read him his Miranda rights, "Souta Higurashi, you're under arrest for the murder of Diegosan Omigumo…you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say…"

InuYasha met the boy's gaze and nodded slowly. `He needs Kagome and he needs Kagome now!' turning on his heels, InuYasha was gone in the blink of an eye.

 

~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, I know, a little dark but it's gonna get hella-complicated. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

 

Reviews:

 

MMORG

Lynnec114- I'm starting to get the feeling you don't like Kikyo? I mean, its just a thought…hehe. Good deal with the French project (I took five years of it from middle school to high school and can't remember a damn thing.) as for it being over soon…this installment is slowly coming together. I have a whole school year planned out for them (and into the next year)…I mean, we have the play to do and a winter vacation…you get my drift. I'm just not sure if I'm going to open a new story off of this one or just keep it with curse. Hmm….what do you suggest? Thanks for the reviews!!

 

Lovin Sesshoumaru isn't easy(offline)- yes, I love A fierce lime. Its great, its one that I am looking forward to seeing you update! No, they aren't staying in a motel…its three steps UNDER a motel. LOL. I thought it was great…all the high and rich people got to sleep on cots. (hey, everyone does at some point in life). The motel was a long running idea for them but the huts…I couldn't pass it up. besides, you'll understand later on in the story why I needed them. it's not so much that her mother walked in (rin's dad walked in on them) but her mother heard…and what was coming out of that bathroom was enough of a mental picture. ::does an evil grin:: thanks for the review.

 

Shaid- hope the update was good, I've decided to move the chapter a little faster along to try to cover what's going on with Naraku and the whole sha-bang. Not that the story has any end in sight….hehe…..

 

Aurora17- yes, their mother who hasn't been home for a long time really came home at the WRONG time. that's going to be a contributing problem along the path, I've come to decide, though. Hehe…god bless the writers for coming up these characters.

 

Aitu- thanks for the review. I thought the shower would keep the water idea alive…hehe…so many ways to play that out. Hehe. Yes, yes, lots of esssplainin to do, but you're right, her mother did take it rather well…I think because she was thrown off by the whole `guess who my pop is' deal. Come on…can you really see InuYasha (let alone the InuYasha personality I've developed to the show's InuYasha) really listening to `stay away from my daughter' routine. I have plenty of very evil thoughts planned out for that deal. MUHAHAHAH…..sorry……

 

Bsc143- glad to know you're still reading…even just a dropped message works good. Thanks for the review.

 

New Yorker- of course I take it as a compliment, and thank you for it! its great to know that people are enjoying this. (I write it cause one I'm addicted to InuYasha and two, because I get the reviews of people who enjoy it. I should actually be writing the book that's going to be published…not this stuff but what can I say, I'm addicted to it). thanks again for the review!

 

Kagome_Fan: yeah….i think I would die of humiliation if my mom caught me in the shower…then again, shower's aren't exactly my thing. Scary thought though. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I shall try my best.

 

Zonza: yeah, when I first wrote it, I really wanted her mom to blow up at her but that wouldn't have sat well with Yash, I came to realize. Yeah, the whole mom and dad thing was a great decoy to get them out of the house…a good distraction. I was thinking of playing around with the thought they had but that would go to territory that should not be covered. ::shivers:: epp. You know, you're the first person to write wondering if it was Souta…I guess it's known now……….or is it? ::evil happy dance:: nothing is ever how it seems.

 

SpitFYER20- glad to know you like the story…did you read it all in one day? Wow…I've spent like four hours reading stories like that….it kind of is amazing when you look at the clock and are like, `oh crap.' Thanks for the review!!

 

Sesshy81- glad to know you like my story…really, thanks for the words. Reviews keep me going.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

FFNET

Moovache- I tried to link the mediaminer link into the stories time in and time out but I just can't do it. for some reason, it blots out the whole opening tag. I don't know…maybe if I try to upload it in HTML format. Any suggestions. If you want to read the lemons, go to www.mediaminer.org (mediaminer.org) and type in curse of the dragon in fanfics under InuYasha and make sure the rating is on NC-17. then go to the chapter you're looking for. Sorry its so complicated but I'm trying.

 

TanWen-Whitefire- wow…lot's of questions…where to begin. LOL…the hoods don't really have blowtorches………or do they? Hehe….like I said above, nothing is as it seems. But your right, fire did cover all…of what they know of the crime.

Kagome: ::piping up from the back:: wait, how many times was Diegosan shot?

You know, I was the same way about the `This Sesshoumaru' thing cause they don't have him talk in third person on the VIZ rendition (the adult swim). But at one point I downloaded a music video (I have like 50 of em) with songs based to InuYasha clips and in the subtitles, he was talking like that. it annoys me to no end…if you can't tell.

Meh, china is to close to where they need to bust Naraku's ass to…I was thinking Flordia…nice and far away…how about St. Maarten? (hehe…remember that.)

I really wish Kikyo would die but she's such a static character that I need to use her…cause I can warp her to be the perfect bitch tool. Hehe. Wow….::blinks rapidly:: there's a subliminal message? Uhh…let's all get along? LOL. I read this and sat blinking for a while at my computer screen trying to figure it out myself. LOL.

Kagura isn't exactly evil…she's manipulative…just like in the show. She gets mad when she doesn't get what she wants and what she wants is Sesshoumaru….wait, did I just say that out loud? Damn…

I know you, as well as half of my readers, were lost with the blood from the eyes. You actually can bleed from your eyes when you're overly stressed, so I read. But for Sesshy…well….do you really ever think we'll see Sesshoumaru cry? ::slowly shakes head:: I figured might as well make it dramatic…so yeah, he cried blood.

Thanks for all the reviews and I hope you like the updates!!

 

AnimeAngelz- UHH…::gulps while slowly walking backwards to the phone:: I hold little power over updating…I write when I sit in the big fluffy sled…blame the patrons of Radio City for going to the shows and interrupting me….::runs and hides:: I don't know how I come up with it…I close my eyes and see it. I don't know…guess I'm strange. You should hear some of my real novel ideas. Those are random.

 

Drinking8cid- uhh…read above at moovache's review answer. I wish I could post the lemons but I can't cause ffnet sucks. Go to mediaminer.org and type in curse of the dragon and make sure the rating is nc-17.

 

Hellkeeper: glad to know you like the story. ::smiles::