InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Experiment ❯ Five - Kagome ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
 
Five - Kagome
What the Hell does dad want me to do? He didn't say anything to me in the car and now he's gone and left me alone with Inuyasha. I look up at him.
 
He's wearing a pair of converse, baggy jeans and a Muse t-shirt. His silver hair is flowing down his back and, if it's even possible, his eyes seem even brighter.
 
I can't think of anything to say to him, so I smile slightly and resume looking at my thumbs.
 
I look back up at him to see him looking at his own thumbs.
 
“So,” I say and he looks up at me. I find myself getting nervous, “I noticed you like Muse?” I ask, gesturing to his t-shirt.
 
“Oh. Yeah. Do you?” He sounds nervous and continues to look at his thumbs.
 
“Yeah, they're cool. Uh, what kind of music are you into?”
 
“Mainly indie or punk or rock. Stuff like that. You?” he sounds interested but still quite nervous. I don't blame him. Eighteen years without talking to someone his own age and now suddenly he is; I'd be nervous too.
 
“Same here, although I do like some grunge.” His ears twitch.
 
“Awesome. Not many people like grunge. Nirvana?”
 
“Mainly, yeah. Do you like grunge?”
 
“Mainly Nirvana.” He looks up at me, our eyes meet and we blush, smile and quickly look away from each other.
 
The conversation stays on music for quite a while and when he reveals that he's never been to a gig before, I feel a pang in my heart and it reminds me how no-one in the lab. actually treats Inuyasha with respect.
 
“Do you live in this building?” I can't help asking.
 
“Well, the East Wing is kinda like my apartment but, yeah, I live in this building.” He replied and I felt myself getting glummer after every word that left his mouth
 
“Oh. Have you ever left this building before?”
 
“I did. Once. When I was eleven or so, but I got into so much trouble that I haven't tried to leave again.”
 
Tears form in my eyes and I fight furiously to stop them from falling. Inuyasha obviously notices because he asks “Why are you crying?”
 
My hand quickly flies to my face and I rub my eyes. “I'm…I'm not crying.” I say quietly. He hesitantly stands up and sits in the seat that my father had vacated. He looks at me.
 
“I can tell when you're lying. Why are you crying?”
 
I sniffle and look at him. His face is so beautiful. “How can you tell that I'm lying?”
 
He points at his ears. “I can hear your heart-beat race and that usually means someone is lying.”
 
I look at his ears. “Really?” He nods. “Cool.” And suddenly, I can't help myself. I reach out and start to rub his ears. His face looks completely shocked and he quickly pries my hands off of his ears and returns to the seat that he was originally sitting in.
 
“Um…what are you doing?” He says in a slightly aggravated voice.
 
I blush violently and look down at my hands. “I'm sorry. I couldn't help it.”
 
“Uh huh. Okay…” He sounds confused.
 
Then the door opens.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My muse came back!
Please review!