InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Indignities and Humming ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome Hirugashi was a young woman from the future. If things had been different she'd be graduating from high school soon. If things had been different she'd probably be at home, talking on the phone, gossiping about the new ~super kawaii~ foreign exchange student or what she would wear to school the next day. It was, after all, what NORMAL girls did...wasn't it?

Unfortunately for Kagome she was far from normal, and the only gossiping to be had was against a Taiyoukai's belt, as it continued to bind her hands behind her back while depriving her of speech for the last three days.

Kagome had taken up humming as of late. It was silly perhaps, but the vibrations did wonderful things to her extremely sore jaw muscles and the action seemed to keep her mouth busy enough that her thoughts no longer escaped into the cloth of the sash. Not that the Taiyoukai that walked beside her seemed to notice; as he continued to ignore the absence of her typical mumbling, but at least it kept her muscles from overtaxing themselves.

Kagome groaned and blinked her eyes languidly once as a familiar pressure in her abdomen alerted her to a pressing need that she knew she'd all ready put off far too long. She hated asking permission for such a thing; it was humiliating.

Kagome hadn't asked permission to go to the bathroom in more then a few years. At least now he seemed to understand what her gentle whining and big puppy dog eyes meant, unlike the first time she realized the urge was there. She had pleaded with him for a full thirty minutes, pinching her knees together in protest as the demon lord seemed to ignore her gentle prodding against his shoulder and continued to trek on. What he thought she was attempting to communicate was beyond her. Ironically, her own actions reminded her of a dog whimpering at the door to be let out so it could do its business. You'd think a dog demon would pick up on such a thing.

Kagome whimpered at the Taiyoukai again as she gently bumped her shoulder against his to get his attention and turned to wiggle her tied hands in his direction as if saying "Untie me please."

Sesshoumaru paused momentarily as he halted his steps and untied the sash from the woman's wrist, not surprised at all when she sprinted in the direction of the bushes just out of the group's line of sight. It annoyed him to no end that he was now forced to untie and the retie the woman's hands every time she needed a brief respite in the bushes, or to eat, or to sleep. He had lost a limb only a few years back and he hadn't slowed down in the least.

But then of course, he was him, and she was ...human; a word he felt might as well be synonymous with weak.

A few moments later the Taiyoukai was pulled from his musings as the miko returned from the bushes and without saying a word (not that she could whilst still being gagged) turned her back to the demon lord, while holding her wrists together so that he could retie the sash.

Kagome bit into the cloth as she felt Sesshoumaru pull it taut; lowering his face a few inches from her back as he used his teeth to secure the length before tugging it firmly around her wrists.

A disturbing and completely unsolicited thought rolled through Kagome's mind as her body jerked slightly and the knot was finally completed; she liked being tied up.

Even more disturbing, she liked being tied up by ~Sesshoumaru~.

It wasn't something Kagome admitted easily and it hadn't been something she accepted when the notion first dawned on her. It had been gradual.

Over the past three days of having her wrists retied, strange little flips of her stomach and unexpected crops of gooseflesh caused her eyes to widen in shock while her mind supplied deviant scenarios in which she was not so much a victim, but an extremely aroused participant. She shook the feelings off for a full day, telling herself that she was afraid and it was confusing her fragile mind, but as one day turned into another and she realized it wasn't fear she was feeling, she surrendered to the idea that she was in fact being turned on, and by Sesshoumaru no less.

Kagome shook her head again as she fought against the strange feelings in her body. Maybe she was just a pervert? Maybe she just liked being tied up? After all, Inu Yasha never had the chance to tie her up before. Maybe it didn't matter WHO was doing the tying?

Kagome groaned as an image of Inu Yasha binding her arms and having his way with her didn't do as much for as she had hoped.

'How could he do that?' Her treacherous mind questioned, 'He'd be sat before he even got close.' It added as it burst the young woman's little fantasy and once again replaced the hanyou with the demon lord. What was she thinking? She couldn't have sex with Sesshoumaru................could she?

'No, no, no, no, no.' Kagome mumbled against the gag and continued to march beside the Taiyoukai. She needed to stop thinking about this, and NOW.

Sesshoumaru eyed the young woman beside him without moving a muscle in his face. He had gotten rather skilled at discerning certain words she often mumbled against the fabric in her mouth. What could she possibly been mumbling about before to so quickly degenerate into almost desperate pleas in the negative? It was perplexing to say the least, but at least she seemed to be working for some ounce of control over her thoughts.

Sesshoumaru's nose twitched as a soft alluring scent caressed against the wind and entered his sinuses. The compulsion to know what exactly was on her mind growing as his body reacted to the familiar scent of a female in ....distress. Was she thinking of his half-brother, or possibly ...himself?

Sesshoumaru exhaled softly in frustration as the question caused a strange sensation to creep down his spine.

What did it matter what she was thinking?

Of course she was thinking of him!

All women thought about him!

Hell even some men thought about...

Sesshoumaru huffed as he broke off his angry little internal rant and gazed at the woman again through corner of his eyes. It would be nice to know for sure. Even if he wasn't the cause of her current condition it would nice to affirm such things. He hated not knowing. After all, knowledge was power, right? Perhaps they could stop and he could remove the gag for a brief respite? Rin could probably use the company as well considering he had been ignoring all the questions the young girl threw his way for most of the journey.

She hadn't been as insistent with her questions after Sesshoumaru snapped at her, two days after binding the miko, in a dark voice stating, "Talk to the wench," briefly forgetting that Kagome was still bound.

"I can't" Came Rin's reply as she stared at her beloved Sesshoumaru-sama with big brown eyes. "She's been.. whacking off for two whole days." The young girl huffed bitterly while folding her arms over her petite chest in a show of agitation.

Sesshoumaru blinked languidly as he recalled the little scene. Why had he allowed himself to answer her question at all? How many years would he have to hear his ward confuse the profane phrase so completely? To be honest he wasn't quite sure himself. He hadn't really heard that phrase before, but based upon the context in which it was used, he had a pretty good idea.

Sesshoumaru was thankful he wasn't a seer; a person who possessed sight of the future, for he was sure there would be an uncomfortable meeting in store for him one day. Sometime in the future, when they came across a kidnapped woman or a shackled slave his young ward would ask them why they were engaging in such activity and they would be only so happy to enlighten her.

He'd just have to kill them, that's all.

The dead rarely pointed out little verbal slips like that.

"We camp here." Sesshoumaru stated evenly as he paused to take in their surroundings and gave the small clearing an appreciative glance. It was always nice to find a place to camp that had never been touched by humans.

"Miko." He bellowed causing Kagome to tense and freeze. "Come here." He ordered flatly, pleased when the woman approached him in a hesitant and unsure manner.

"I am reinstating your speaking privileges; do not make me regret my decision." Sesshoumaru offered hauntingly as he grabbed her shoulder and turned her in place so that he could untie her binds.

"You will feed Rin." He ordered magnanimously as the straps against Kagome's wrists went slack and she pulled the gag from her mouth reluctantly.

"Thanks." Kagome bit out sarcastically, her voice sounding strange as it drifted against the air for the first time in three days. Instantly, she began humming as she held back a few other choice words that threatened to spill from her full red lips and into the Taiyoukai's ears

Kagome hummed while she pulled food from her pack and gathered wood to start a fire.

She hummed some more as she cooked the food and filled a small bowl for Rin and then for herself.

She hummed even more as she ate her food, glancing to the Taiyoukai sporadically and wondering if he was hungry, but not voicing her concerns as she increased her volume.

"Must you constantly make noise?" Sesshoumaru questioned as he glared at the young woman from his place against a tree.

"It stops me from talking." Kagome explained briefly before continuing to hum to any, and every, song she had ever heard.

'NOW she controls her mouth.' Sesshoumaru groaned internally as his eyes continued to bore down at the humming woman. "You will desist immediately."

Kagome pouted slightly as she stared back at the Taiyoukai whom she now felt strangely comfortable with. "If I stop, I'll say something to piss you off."

Sesshoumaru snorted sharply at the comment. "If you do not, the end result will be the same."

"Fine," Kagome sighed as she set her now empty bowl down on the ground beside her while pulling knees into her chest. "But can we at least have some sort of conversation?" She whimpered the last part. "It keeps my mind from...wandering."

"Very well." Sesshoumaru conceded as he allowed the woman a small victory and decided to engage her in conversation; noting that his young ward was practically dozing off in her bowl.

A long silence stretched between the two before Kagome finally broke the silence.

"I guess I should say something?"

"Didn't you just?" Sesshoumaru countered, obviously finding her question unnecessary.

"Wow...thats... deep." Kagome quipped back sarcastically, a slight smile gracing her features.

Sesshoumaru released an indignant snort. They were barely talking and all ready she was getting on his nerves.

"So..." Kagome began, strangely finding her mind blank for some reason, "You let her braid your hair?"

The Taiyoukai snorted in response again, choosing not to answer.

"Mmm I'll take that as a yes." She quipped before continuing. "How come you took it out?"

Sesshoumaru stared at her coldly. "It did not suite me."

"Really?" Kagome questioned rhetorically. "I dunno I think it would look good on you."

Sesshoumaru fought back the urge to roll his eyes. Why had he agreed to this exchange again? "You're opinion is inconsequential."

"Mou...Don't be like that....I was paying you a compliment." Kagome retorted.

"Your compliments are inessential." He added.

"That's not the point you know." Kagome corrected. "You're supposed to say 'thank you' when someone gives you a compliment."

"Why would this Sesshoumaru offer gratitude in exchange for a worthless and unsolicited comment?" Sesshoumaru retorted blandly.

"Because!" Kagome offered back dimly realizing she had no more to add to the statement. "Because I said so."

Sesshoumaru arched one delicate eyebrow at this comment. "You believe yourself in a position to command a youkai of my stature?"

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Of course not. That wasn't what I meant."

"Given your current state I would tend to believe that is exactly what you meant HUMAN."

Kagome grimaced. "No wonder you never talk...you truly suck at it."

A long silence drifted between them as Sesshoumaru made no attempt to argue. He wasn't a great conversationalist, but then, what would a powerful Youkai ever need to discuss?

Kagome braced herself as a thought crossed her mind momentarily before once again crossing the threshold of her lips. "Why were you peeping on me?"

"This Sesshoumaru does not peep." He corrected in a flat tone that belayed none of the residual agitation he felt from their previous back and forth.

"I saw you." Kagome corrected calmly. "You can't just say ~No you didn't~ and expect me to agree with that."

"I do not deny my presence." The Taiyoukai retorted.

"Okay...fine...but then what were you doing there if not peeping on me?" Kagome questioned inquisitively as she waited for what she would assumed would be an excuse.

Sesshoumaru raised his head to the quickly darkening sky as he sought an answer to her question. He had no intention of divulging his secret to his brother's wench. It was, after all, a private thing. Some youkai thrilled for the hunt, some lusted after women (as his father had), and he... he found his excitement in the unguarded actions of others. The very nature of which was secretive and therefore something he did not wish to explain.

"You know what!" Kagome exclaimed suddenly as she rose to her feet as the dam of her mind threatened to spill again. "Don't tell me. If you tell me I'll think about it and if I think about it I'll talk about it and if I talk about it I'll...hmm"

Kagome cut herself off again as she engaged in another bout of humming.

"Woman." Sesshoumaru snorted; pleased that she had changed the subject for him. "I have all ready told you to desist in making that annoying noise."

Kagome made a face that almost looked like she was in pain as she turned to the Youkai to give her response. "I'll just put the gag back on." She spoke softly as she reached for the fabric tie only to have her wrist wrapped in a powerful clawed fist.

"It will stop me from talking." Kagome whined as she stared in confusion at the Taiyoukai who now seemed to be against the whole –tying-her-up- thing. She hummed softly again; his skin making contact with hers in such a warm and dominating way sending another fury of deviant thoughts through her mind

"What is it your hiding?" Sesshoumaru inquired far too inquisitively for Kagome's taste.

Kagome's heart began to beat loudly as her humming increased to almost deafening volume.

"Just keep humming, just keep humming, just keep humming." The mantra in Kagome's mind ran, causing her to falter slightly as she realized she had just said the words out loud. She had to get her mind off the 'sex gorilla' and back on to something she knew would be safe, like pissing off Sesshoumaru.

"What are YOU hiding?" Kagome questioned accusingly as she attempted to change the subject in her mind.

"Sneaking around when I'm bathing and then refusing to explain yourself?" She quipped before humming loudly again.

Kagome could really care less at this point, but she hoped the accusation would be enough to get the Taiyoukai to fall silent again.

Sesshoumaru released her wrist as if he had been burned. 'Back to this again?' His inner voice questioned as he eyed the girl with distain. As if the great Taiyoukai of the west would lower himself to look upon the naked form of a silly human woman.

"Ha! That worked!" Kagome quipped far too enthusiastically. She flinched slightly as she realized yet again she had voiced her thoughts allowed while receiving an almost surprised look from the Taiyoukai and quickly tying the sash around her mouth while smiling nervously.

Sesshoumaru snorted again as he narrowed his eyes dangerously at the female before him. She wanted to play games? Fine! Then tonight she would sleep with her arms bound. A sadistic smile curled against his lip as he grabbed the woman roughly by the shoulder, turning her as he had so many other times and retied the sash around her arms. Perhaps that would teach her to answer his questions in the future.

Sesshoumaru's eyes blinked twice in succession as the familiar musky scent from before began to tickle against his senses.

'Now?' Sesshoumaru's inner voice questioned almost humorously. What could possibly have set her off now? Their fight perhaps? Some females did respond to authority, all though he doubted that this one did. He finished the knot with his teeth and allowed his face to linger a few inches from the small of Kagome's back as it sought out the exotic fragrance. He sniffed slightly, noting the renewed mumbling against the gag as he slowly lowered his head to the girl's hips; holding her shoulder with one clawed hand as he continued to sniff tentatively. He fought the urge to roll his eyes back into his head as his nose moved in, only a few inches from nudging its way under the scandalously short skirt the woman constantly wore.

'How could a human woman smell this good?' Sesshoumaru's hazy mind questioned incoherently as he slowly became a slave to his instincts.

"Sesshoumaru-sama." Rin groaned as she rubbed at her aching eyelids; totally oblivious to the tension between the demon lord and the young miko. "Rin is tired, should we sleep now?"

Sesshoumaru turned to the young girl who swayed slightly as she fought against the throws of sleep. "Sleep Rin." He stated coolly before pulling his nose away from the mikos backside and giving her shoulder a less then gentle push; causing Kagome to stumble slightly.

Kagome turned to look at the Youkai as she noted her hands were still tied. She knew something about their encounter had been wrong, or at least strange, but she wasn't sure if the feeling was real or imagined. For a second there, she could have sworn he was looking up her skirt.

Kagome shook her head. They were fighting, after all, why would he do that? She mumbled something against her gag and angled her bound arms in a way that suggested she was attempting to ask. 'What about these?'

"You will sleep with your hands bound." Sesshoumaru stated coolly as he stared at the obviously flushed and confused woman.

Kagome groaned. He was punishing her. After he had INISISTED she talk to him, he was punishing her for what she said. She huffed indignantly in his direction as she stomped over to her bag and, pulling her sleeping bag out with the hands tied behind her back as she turned her back on it, glared at him defiantly as if to say 'I don't need your help.'(Not that he had any intention of offering it.)

It was awkward and more then a little embarrassing when Kagome would catch herself at a weird angle and almost fall against the ground, but once she had scooted inside she released a victorious sigh. She didn't care if her hands were bound. As long as the gag did its job then she supposed she could live with it.

Kagome glared at the great Taiyoukai who had by this time taken up his usual post against the trunk of a tree and stared into the nothing of the forest. She rolled onto her stomach to make herself a little more comfortable and continued to glare in his general direction, a few mumbled curse words thankfully disintegrating against the fabric of his sash.

He was such a bastard. How could she possibly be attracted to THAT? Obviously she had to have a crossed wire somewhere.

Sesshoumaru allowed his eyes to fall on the miko that openly glared in his direction while mumbling what he believed to be comments regarding his character. Perhaps if he listened more intently to the nonsense she mumbled all day long he could learn to decipher it and THEN learn what it was that evoked such a reaction? It had to be less infuriating then trying to speak with the woman.

Kagome continued to curse out the Taiyoukai as she stubbornly locked her eyes with his. Was he attempting to be intimidating? If so it wasn't working.

Kagome sighed as Inu Yasha once again entered her mind. Silently she thanked the gods for granting her the swiftness of mind to avoid the hanyou. As bad as things were with Sesshoumaru they were at least tolerable.

Kagome shuddered softly as she thought over all the horrible things she could have said to Inu Yasha without him having the benefit of gagging her. Yes, Kagome noted, despite all the indignities she seemed to be suffering lately, she had a feeling this particular situation was the lesser of two evils.