InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Let the games begin! ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"It's human nature." Kagome squawked into the night from her place beside the warm and bright fire.

Her explanation seemingly came from nowhere as she discontinued an ineffective bout of humming. Over the weeks she had come to realize that she would eventually run out of songs, and now that she had accidentally 'spilled the beans' to Sesshoumaru as to where her mind was most of the time, did it really matter what she said in front of him?

Sesshoumaru snorted distastefully from his place against a large tree trunk. Apparently she felt the need to explain herself, which of course meant she expected him to reply.

"Your inability to remain quiet does not require an explanation." He pointed out matter-of-factly as he hoped she would again leave him to his gentle musings.

"No... Not the humming." Kagome corrected, "Before ... what I said..." She offered in a faltering tone. "When you killed the youkai."

Sesshoumaru fought the urge to roll his eyes as he allowed his gaze to fall upon the fidgeting girl. So she found him attractive. He WAS attractive. Did she really think that her infatuation with a youkai as powerful as himself was that unusual?

"I just don't want you to get the wrong idea." Kagome offered before the Taiyoukai had a chance to pose his unspoken questions.

'Apparently she does.' Sesshoumaru noted with an internal sigh as the young miko continued.

"It's human nature..." Kagome repeated herself as she attempted to explain further. " To erm...feel or think things... things that you would have NO intention of ever acting upon."

"Are you suggesting that if given the opportunity, you would not act on such impulses?" Sesshoumaru questioned defensively in a tone of disbelief. After all, HE was the one denying HER, not the other way around. It was HIS reluctance to bed a human that was keeping her virginity intact. Surely she had to realize this.

"Exactly." Kagome smiled brightly as she finally felt the Taiyoukai across form her understood what she was saying; flinching slightly as his features twisted into a look of pure annoyance.

"If I WERE to bed you HUMAN." Sesshoumaru barked out decisively. "You would be begging at my feet." Honestly, why did she insist upon denying things he had heard from her mouth no more then a few hours before?

"No ...I...wouldn't." Kagome faltered as the flower's influence communicated the uncertainty in her statement.

"Should we test the theory?" Sesshoumaru bluffed as he pulled at the sash tied against his waist and made a move to stand; letting his wounded pride override any past reservations he would normally have regarding such behavior.

"No!" Kagome almost screamed as she raised her hands up in a defensive gesture; as if that would keep the demon lord at bay.

"No?" Sesshoumaru questioned with amusement as he noted the quickness of her response. "Would my touch so completely shatter your resolve?" He drawled on with pleasure. "Perhaps not as sure as you once were?"

Sesshoumaru smirked softly as he recalled all the times the girl's scent had spiked in his company. He knew the effect of his touch upon this woman.

Kagome narrowed her eyes as she scowled at the obviously -quite-pleased-with-himself- arrogant youkai. Who did he think he was?

"You know..." Kagome argued back with venom. "As much as I'm sure YOU would enjoy it, I'm going to have to decline."

"Sorry." Kagome finished in a very unapologetic tone.

Goading him probably wasn't the wisest course of action, but HE was the one who peeped at her while she bathed, HE was the one who was dropped these double entendres everywhere (even if it was HER mind that supplied the deviant images they evoked), and now HE was the one suggesting they test some 'theory' which of course, coincidentally, required the removal of her clothing. If he planned on suggesting that she was some silly human girl who threw herself at an unwilling demon lord, he had better think again.

Kagome huffed as she resumed humming again to stop her angry mind from offering her silent accusations to his ears.

Sesshoumaru stood stalk still as he stared at the woman before him. "This Sesshoumaru does not desire humans." He stated blandly before reclaiming his place against the trunk of the tree as he fell against the ground soundlessly.

"Good." Kagome scoffed as she eyeballed the Taiyoukai before her distrustingly and crossed her arms over her chest,

"Because this Kagome," She mocked, "does not desire arrogant demon lords."

A long silence resonated through the forest as only the soft sound of wood cracking within as the campire consumed it provided evidence that the area was inhabited. Both the demon lord and the young priestess that resided beside the fire refused to look at each other as they stared off in opposite directions and scowled silently.


Sesshoumaru was the first to act, as without saying a word, he pulled his luxuriant hair over his shoulder while simultaneously loosening the collar of his kimono to expose a little more flesh then he typically would. Lightly, he ran his claws through his own hair as he stared at the young miko through the corner of his eyes and attempted to remain nonchalant.

Kagome's irises snuck to the corner of her own eyes as she regarded the Taiyoukai through cover of her bangs; his movement, or any movement, seeming unusual since he typically sat stone still. Her eyes narrowed slightly as an angry tune quietly vibrated off her lips. So he thought openly preening was going to make her throw herself at him?

Kagome huffed at the absurdity of his arrogant mind. Well, Kagome noted as she narrowed her eyes dangerous, two could play this game.

Softly, Kagome released a small sigh suggesting she was growing tired, or bored, but obviously unaware of the Taiyoukai's activity, as she joined the game; reaching up to pull her hair free of it's tie as she leaned back and let her midnight ringlets drop against her shoulders while leaning back on her hands as she arched her back in a way she knew would elicit a response.

Kagome fought the urge to smirk as she attempted to remain nonchalant. It really was a strange situation, and she wasn't exactly SURE how one would win such a game, but she wasn't about to back down now.

Sesshoumaru stifled a breath as the woman before him 'innocently' bared her throat. So she knew this game? He fought the urge to growl as she seemed to gain the upper hand in the silent war they soundlessly waged. Did she honestly believe she had any chance at victory?

'Preposterous.' Sesshourmaru's mind snorted as he decided to up the ante.

Once again, keeping things as casual as possible, Sesshoumaru stood, stretching muscles that would never need stretching as he flexed in front of the seated woman and pulled his armor off as if it was hindering him somehow. He growled softly as he continued to flex, rolling his neck slightly and placing his clawed palm against the trunk of the tree he reclined against earlier, suggesting that his muscles were sore, even though they weren't.

Kagome glowered as the muscles straining within the confines of his kimono both excited and aggravated her while she continued to stare at him through the corner of her eyes. A soft smile twitched against her lip as she curled her legs out in front of her and curled her toes. So he thought a few quick stretches would cause her knees to go weak? Heh, she could do better then that!

Working the smile off of her lips Kagome's hand softly pulled at the fabric of her skirt, slowly hiking it up as she nonchalantly picked at an invisible piece of lint, before she leaned back again. A gentle song continued to fall from her lips as she made certain the hem of skirt came to rest just at the top of her thighs. After all, she was trying to entice him, not flash him her panties.

Sesshoumaru growled low as the miko flashed scandalous amounts of leg flesh in his direction. Her skirt barely covered her legs before and now with it crumbled loosely against her waist he had to wonder if perhaps this wasn't the first time the young woman had played this particular game. Perhaps she made it a habit to seduce youkai she couldn't defeat in battle; distracting them with her desperately short skirt before purifying them into oblivion?

Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed dangerously as he seemed to be losing the 'game' once again. He was, after all, the great Taiyoukai of the west, something he felt should be synonymous with undefeatable. If he intended to win, drastic measures would have to be taken.

A deviant smirk curled against the great Taiyoukai's lip as he turned to face the tree his palm still rested against and, while arching his back, flexed the muscles in his ass in the young miko's direction.

"Oh come on!" Kagome exclaimed as his actions became far too blatant. They never actually discussed the rules of the little back and forth between them, but she had assumed that some level of pretension was implied.

Blatantly flexing one's butt cheeks was definitely cheating...wasn't it?

"Do you concede?" Sesshoumaru questioned in an amused tone as he adjusted the fabric of his kimono back into place.

"Please..." Kagome huffed in annoyance as she rolled her eyes at him again. "You were so obviously trying to get my attention."

"As were you." Sesshoumaru pointed out while arching one delicate eyebrow and turning to face the young miko. They both knew they were playing a silent war of seduction, he noted internally, whether his actions were blatant or not should be irrelevant. Perhaps she misunderstood the terms of the game?

"Was not!" Kagome retorted dimly as she once again folded her arms against her chest, sitting rigid against the ground as she angrily pulled her skirt back down to her knees. Admitting to the fact that either of them had been playing was most definitely against the rules as well, she decided silently.

Sesshoumaru snorted in response as he once again lowered himself into his usual stance against the trunk of the tree.

"WAS NOT." Kagome emphasized as she hugged her knees against her chest and stared at the Taiyoukai across the fire with contempt.

"You know..." Kagome spat hotly as her mind demanded she put the Taiyoukai in his place, "I come from five hundred years in the future." She explained contemptuously, "mankind has come a long way." She finished in a tone that suggested he might be missing something.

Sesshoumaru snorted loudly at the unspoken accusation in her words. She couldn't honestly be implying... sex was sex after all, no matter the era. All though, he noted as his resolve faltered ever so slightly, five hundred years was a long period of time. He supposed it was possible that over the years humans COULD have discovered some new form of pleasure, however, he noted as his pride once again swelled, it was also possible, and much more likely, that they had forgotten some things as well. Humans, after all, had rather short memories.

"Are you suggesting that THIS Sesshoumaru does not know how to make a woman scream?" Sesshoumaru questioned defensively as he finally sought to stomp down her accusation.

"Not at all." Kagome offered as she quietly pondered that Sesshoumaru could probably make anyone scream, all though not in the way he was implying. "I'm sure for THIS era ...you are...erm.." She faltered slightly as she attempted to quell a giggle that was bubbling up in her chest. "...quite proficient." She finished as she noted she really didn't want to embarrass him, just take him down a peg or two.

"I would hold you down and run my tongue along every curve of your body until you trembled." Sesshoumaru promised darkly; lightly running the tip of his tongue along his thin upper lip as if demonstrating he had experience with such things.

'Hello!' Kagome's mind hummed as she swallowed roughly while her mouth fell open and her eyes became transfixed upon the thin pink tip of flesh that darted so smoothly from the Taiyoukai's mouth.

"I would..." Kagome faltered slightly as her mind quickly inserted 'let you.' before she cleared her throat in order to destroy the thought and allowed her mind to go blank for possibly the first time since coming into contact with a certain enchanted flower.

"Why so quiet miko?" The Taiyoukai smirked knowingly as her scent completely betrayed that he was in fact the victor to this particular battle.


"I would..." Kagome faltered..."I would..." 'let you.' Her mind whispered again as it attempted to betray her.

"L-Like to take a bath now." She slurred slightly as she quickly changed the subject before her words had a chance to seal her fate.

Another snort from Sesshoumaru suggested he was less then delighted with her answer; remaining otherwise quiet as Kagome quickly fumbled wit her bathing supplies and fled in the direction of the stream.

Sesshoumaru blinked several times as he cleared his senses and stared at the empty clearing. A familiar urge began to build within him as he noted that his only traveling companion had departed several minutes before.

Perhaps she would allow her mouth to run again as she bathed?

The scenario definitely had possibilities, Sesshoumaru noted, before giving into his impulses and circling around the stream's location as he went about finding the perfect viewing location.

As you might suspect, not many things could surprise a Taiyoukai such as Sesshoumaru.

After all, there was very little he hadn't seen, and very little he hadn't experienced, sometimes whether he wanted to or not.

So, to say that Sesshoumaru was shocked when he finally settled into the branch of a tree near the edge of the stream and peered through the cover of the leaves, would be no small admission.

Kagome's naked form was most definitely something he had expected, and had seen on several occasions, and so was not the cause of his abashment.

Likewise, the gentle mumblings that tumbled so freely from the woman's lips were nothing new, as she spoke almost constantly due to the effects of the flower.

The cause of the great Taiyoukai's bewilderment was the activity the young miko was currently engaged in.

A scene, he decided, was not AT ALL unpleasant to watch.

There, on the banks of the stream, as the water lightly lapped at her extended legs, the young maiden he came to know as Kagome laid back into the haphazardly splayed grass and slowly worked the middle finger of her right hand delicately over the folds of her womanhood.

'Well,' Sesshoumaru's inner voice cooed as his eyes widened and his ears twitched in an attempt to capture every subtle nuance that played out before him,

'Not so unaffected after all.' He mused to himself as his pride practically swelled beyond the confines of his body.

Sesshoumaru's eyes fell closed, for more then a few moments, as the gentle breeze carried the young woman's alluring scent to his quivering nostrils.

Subconsciously, his clawed hand grasped at the front of his hamaka as he stared as the flushed female before him and attempted to calm the ache building within his body. Apparently he was not completely unaffected either, all though, the miko need never know that.

Kagome's head lulled to the side as she ran a delicate finger over the nub hidden at the center of her body.

"Damn him." She whimpered as she writhed against the ground.

How was it possible that a few words, uttered only to prove a point, could cause such an undeniable ache within her body?

Kagome grimaced as her lust filled mind momentarily relinquished it's hold and allowed her to regain her senses, if only for moment. She was acting like a wanton slut. Or at least in a way she always assumed a wanton slut WOULD act. Why couldn't she get him out of her head? Or at least, keep herself from telling him exactly what she wanted him to do to her?

Kagome moaned again as admission that the demon lord KNEW what she was thinking caused an electrical surge to run up and down her spine as she continued to finger her throbbing button. She hated him, or at least, immensely disliked him most of the time. Why would she be obsessing over sleeping with someone she hated?

Kagome let out another loud moan as her body began to tremble against the slick friction her persistence digit delivered.

"Maybe if I just got him out of my system?" Kagome groaned out loud as she closed her eyes and envisioned a large demon lord on top of her, thrusting into her slick passage as she grabbed fistfuls of grass to anchor herself against the onslaught.

'Would he be gentle or rough?' Kagome's mind questioned.

'Quick or desperately slow?' It questioned again as the young girl's cries became more desperate.

"Just have to get him out of my system." Kagome mumbled breathlessly again as she felt her body begin to tense.

Somewhere in a nearby tree the subject of the young girl's mental struggle was dealing with a similar dilemma.

Sesshoumaru grunted softly as he carved at the wood of a branch with his hand while resting his forehead against the back of it. His breath was beginning to hasten, despite his attempts to calm his nerves. Perhaps he had been the teensiest bit hasty in suggesting her affections were completely one sided.

Sesshoumaru had to admit, she wasn't half bad looking.

For a human, that is.

Sesshoumaru tentatively nibbled at his bottom lip as he leaned back and once again attempted to relieve some of the pressure in his groin, this time from the inside of hamaka. Such things of course hinted at earlier accusations that he was, in fact, ~whacking off in the bushes~ as the miko so delicately put it, but he most definitely did not engage in such things, and besides................he was in a tree, not the bushes.

"Oh Kami!" Kagome groaned as she felt her entire body burn against the cold ground. She was so hot. It was a good thing she was alone, she decided as she squirmed desperately against the ground, because if someone showed up right at this moment she seriously doubted she could have stopped.

Maybe barked at them to leave, but definitely not stopped.

Sesshoumaru snorted softly in annoyance as his clawed hand began to take on a faster and more suggestive rhythm within the confines of his hamaka. What could he do? He huffed softly as he attempted to salvage some dignity in the fact that he most definitely wasn't hiding off in the bushes somewhere, silently wondering why he wasn't more adverse to masturbating while ~peeping~ on a female who pleasured herself by a stream.

A human female no less.

My how the mighty had fallen.

Sesshoumaru snorted again as he shook away his self deprecating thoughts and focused on the matter at ....hand. His length was hard and all ready slightly slick as his hand squeezed against it. A few more humiliating thrusts and he could surrender to sweet oblivion and rid himself of the painful side effect of the female's distressing cries.

Kagome's eyelids fluttered as she strained to keep them closed; her merciful imagination supplying exactly what she needed in order to scale the insurmountable peak she so desperately wanted to jump from.

"So close." Kagome groaned as she squirmed against the earth while her body pleaded for penetration.

"So close." She moaned loudly as she felt her heart begin to swell with anticipation.

"Yes." She cried as every muscle in her body began to tense.

"YES!" She finally screamed as her entire body shook with intensity that suggested she should have been in pain, as it delivered nothing but exquisite pleasure.

"Sesshoumaru!" Kagome moaned as the last few spasms shot through her small frame, her stomach feeling as if it would collapse in on itself.

A loud inhuman snarl echoed through the clearing causing Kagome's eyes to widen with worry as she shot up to her trembling legs.

"What was that?" She questioned out loud as the influence of the flowers continued to voice her inner thoughts. Her abused heart beat trepidatiously as her brain slowly analyzed the noise while she lowered herself behind a low stone. Was it an animal dying possibly? It certainly sounded as if it was in some sort of pain.

Kagome faltered as she toyed with the idea of going to investigate. Whatever had inflicted THAT kind of pain on an animal would surely have no problem tearing apart a naked and unarmed miko.

Kagome sighed as she braced herself against the boulder in an attempt to let her overtaxed muscles relax.

If Sesshoumaru heard it, which he undoubtedly would, considering how loud the cry had been, he would surely take care of it.

For now she needed to bath, and fast.

Kami only knew when another boar youkai would stumbled through the forest to once again threaten to take her innocence, and the last thing she wanted was it to make it that much easier on them by being naked and smelling of sex.

Shivering slightly, Kagome lowered herself into the cold waters of the stream.

"A quick bath and then back to camp." Kagome noted through chattering teeth as she hastened her movements. A perfect plan if ever there was one.

Somewhere within the silent majestic trees a very satiated Taiyoukai was slowly regaining his breath as he soundlessly rested his back against the upper trunk of a large tree.

Sesshoumaru stifled another breath as he attempted to calm his nerves. He hadn't expected the intensity of the moment to overwhelm him like that. He had nearly given his position away as his strangled cry, upon reaching orgasm, echoed through the forest. For once he was glad the young miko seemed to have enough self preservation instincts and did not chase after every strange noise that escaped from the confines of the dense system of trees.

Now that crisis seemed to be averted, and Sesshoumaru was sure his little jaunt in deviance had gone undetected, he found his mind disturbingly riddled with confliction.

He had pleasured himself, and to a human. The implication would, of course, require further reflection.

Soundlessly Sesshoumaru decided this was something he could do as he ~stood guard~ while Kagome bathed.

After all, he had all ready come to terms with THAT particular behavioral abnormality long ago.