InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Bad Jaken! ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"I am so fucking scared right now!" Kagome shrieked as she aimed at the boar youkai directly in front of her with trembling arms.

Kagome flinched slightly while resuming a gentle hum as she realized that THAT could have possibly been the LAMEST battle cry ever uttered

As a miko from the future on a mission to find the scattered shikon shards, she had to face demons .....and evil......and evil demons on an almost regular basis. Such things were terribly frightening, as I'm sure anyone would agree, but she always faced her fears and put forth a brave front. Not once did she give her enemy the benefit of knowing just how badly she wanted to scream and flee like the young girl she actually was.

Now however, having voiced her internal fears, Kagome was feeling less then ready to engage the enemy.

"AHHHHHH!" Kagome screamed at the top of her lungs as she completely lost her senses and dropped her bow to the ground while running as fast as her legs could take her away from the lumbering boar youkai.

A dark chuckled rumbled through the clearing as the boar demon basked in the sound of the young girl's screams.

"Do not be afraid little one." The beast snorted as drool dripped from its tusks. "The pain will be excruciating but the pleasure will be worth it."

"Sesshoumaru!" Kagome practically cried as she once again screamed like a small child running from a spider.

The Taiyoukai in question stood at the edge of the clearing, a perturbed look twisting against his once stoic features, as he calmly stared at the hysterical young girl who seemed to run in circles within the clearing. THIS was the woman who pulled his father's sword? THIS was the woman who nearly purified him as she shot an arrow into his armor and effectively broke the clasp that held it together? THIS is the girl who travels through time and somehow puts up with his annoying half-brother while facing off against Naraku in her quests for the worthless shards every other youkai seemed interested in?

Sesshoumaru snorted as he once again stared at the almost comical display before him. If he hadn't seen it with his own eyes he would not have believed it himself.

'Was she always this terrified?' The Taiyoukai had to wonder as the girl circled around the clearing yet again, effectively causing the boar youkai within the small circle to shake its head to clear the dizziness caused from all the turning.

Sesshoumaru snorted again as the young girl finally broke off her circular retreat before hiding her body behind his as she twisted her trembling hands into the back of his kimono.

Perhaps, Sesshoumaru noted as he stared at the young woman through the corner of his eyes without moving a muscle, he hadn't given her enough credit. He had always assumed in the past that she was simply too dim to grasp the dangers she seemed to put herself in from day to day. Was it possible she was fully aware how close to death she really was and simply decided to stand her ground? If so, why would voicing her fears suddenly cause her resolve to falter?

"Dog." The boar youkai beckoned as he eyed the powerful demon before him distressingly. "I saw her first." It snorted as it raised its glistening snout in the air and sniffed. "Step aside and you can have her when I'm done."

Sesshoumaru fought the urge to sigh. What was it with boar youkai and bedding young ninjen women against their will? Surely it would prove to be the undoing of their race.

"Leave or die." Sesshoumaru snarled in an almost bored tone as he regarded the lesser youkai.

Much to the Taiyoukai's displeasure the boar demon lunged at him only moments after he finished his ultimatum. Why did they always pick die? Why did he even bother giving them an option anymore?

With a fluid gracefulness that could only be possessed by the elder son of the great dog demon, Sesshoumaru launched himself carelessly into the air as, turning mid jump while he pulled Toijin free of his hip, he descended upon the boar youkai's back and it continued to lunge at the girl who now screamed loudly as she lamented the loss of her large dog demon shield.

Kagome closed her eyes tightly as she awaited the blow of the boar youkai crushing up against her, slowly opening one eye when time elapsed and the blow never came. She flinched slightly as, instead of being greeted by the snarling head of a boar youkai, she was greeted with the tip of Toijin not two inches from her nose as it slowly continued to move down from it's place imbedded in the boar youkai's head; splicing it cleaning through the middle.

"Ew!" Kagome croaked as she took one step back from the gruesome scene, being far too close to her face, and allowed her eyes to settle on the Taiyoukai behind the rapidly descending spliced demon carcass.

Kagome sighed softly, her stomach tensing ever so slightly as the power and beauty of Sesshoumaru's moves were communicated despite his typical blank expression. He was...amazing...was the only word she could think of. He left her breathless. She didn't really understand why, but he did none-the-less.

Kagome's body ached to feel the power, he so openly displayed, first hand and she bit her lip harshly as she attempted to quell the ache. If he wasn't her enemy, and wasn't such a prick, she would have jumped him right where he stood and shown him just HOW grateful she was for the rescue.

Sesshoumaru's eyes met with hers, causing her stomach to lurch painfully.

Kagome's eyes seemed to widen in slow motion as she slowly came to realize WHY his eyes were locked with hers in the first place. She was talking. She had been talking the whole time, and not about the weather.

"Oh Kami." Kagome mumbled as she reached for her lips and attempted to cover them only to realize the damage was done and frantically try to salvage things the only other way she knew how.

Babbling like an insane person.

"See…that's why you should have let me worn the gag. That's all I do. Talk talk talk. I could've taken him you know…the boar I mean…I was just uh...lulling him into a false sense of security...He's not actually the first boar youkai I've taken down either. One time..Inu Yasha and I took on this boar who was bewitching women into bearing his child. Come to think of it...Maybe this boar youkai was doing the same thing…Like with a spell or…He could have bewitched me..Maybe I should.."

"Cease your hysterics." Sesshoumaru snorted as he silently wondered if she would actually turn blue.

"Do you honestly believe you are the first creature to find THIS Sesshoumaru attractive?" He questioned auspiciously while bending over to clean the blood from Toijin, off on the grass.

Kagome blinked several times as her eyebrow threatened to twitch into her hairline. 'Damn he's arrogant.' She huffed to herself while humming a song from New Kids on the Block. (Ha! Remember them?)

Kagome grimaced; the first thing she would do after the month was over was buy some new cds.

Sesshoumaru sighed softly to himself as his own words stirred up images of the last creature that found 'THIS Sesshoumaru attractive.' It would probably go down as one of the most disturbing moments of the great youkai's life, and far more damaging then the hair braiding incident if it ever got out.

Sesshoumaru resisted the urge to let a shiver run down his spine as he recalled the events of nearly a month ago.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Approximately one month ago at chez Sesshoumaru:

Sesshoumaru tossed and turned as he slowly allowed his body to relax while indulging in what he considered unnecessary, despite the fact that his body most definitely disagreed. He had to admit, even if he really didn't want to, giving into sleep at least once or twice a moon cycle often left him feeling energized and alive. The experience itself was also not completely unpleasant. It always seemed to take him awhile to really let go, but when he did, provided he felt safe and secluded, the feeling of complete and total relaxation was quite welcome.

It had been during one of these planned sabbaticals, however, that Sesshoumaru would experience perhaps the most terrifying encounter of his life.

As old as Sesshoumaru was, that was saying something.

It had started innocently enough; the sound of small footfalls padding over to the large wooden frame barely registering to his unconscious mind as it attempted to determine the source but gave no cause for warning.

Rin perhaps?

Perhaps she had another wolf dream?

Sesshoumaru's ears twitched softly as his unconscious mind continued to monitor the situation despite his state of slumber.

Then came the gentle rustling of fabric, but not of clothing, something bigger. The sheets of the bedding perhaps? Yes, that seemed logical. Perhaps Rin was too frightened to sleep in her own bed?

Sesshoumaru's brow furrowed slightly as his dream filled mind disapproved of his young ward's actions. He would just have to move her back when he woke. After all, it took so much effort to fall asleep in the first place; it would be shameful to waste such a gift on something that could be handled in the morning.

Another soft rustle of fabric registered to the Taiyoukai's twitching ears as he lingered on the edge of unconsciousness. Was she perhaps changing her mind and returning to her room? 'Good.' He nearly mumbled in his sleep as his body relaxed again. His ward was after all a bright child; only on rare occasions did he need to scold her instead of allowing her to find the correct path herself.

A cold and clammy hand against Sesshoumaru's bare chest set off warning bells within the great Taiyoukai's slumbering mind. Why was Rin so cold? His brow furrowed again as the feeling of the hand upon his chest seemed too uncertain to be that of his young ward.

'If not Rin then who?' The great Taiyoukai had to question before finally deciding to give up on sleep all together and opening his eyes to the most disturbing and horrific sight he had ever seen. The image, he supposed, would have haunted his nightmares, if he had them.

"JAKEN!" Sesshoumaru snarled as his clawed hand grabbed the toad youkai's throat, dangling him off the bed as he pushed him as far away from him as he could.

The toad youkai had been only inches from the demon lord's face and if Sesshoumaru didn't know better he'd swear the toad had been preparing to...KISS him.

"Jaken!" Sesshouamru snorted again as he shook the toad youkai vigorously and loosened his grip ever so slightly to allow his attache a chance to defend himself, despite the fact that it would most likely not spare his life.

"Good...Morning...My ....Lord." Jaken squawked simply as he fought against the wave of nausea that was quickly overtaking him.

Sesshoumaru scowled. Death was too good for the toad youkai. Obviously he had allowed his little obsession to flourish a little too freely. He knew the toad demon's preoccupation was dangerous, even if it did slightly boost his ego from time to time, but there were lines that WERE NOT to be crossed.

Soundlessly, as if discarding of a piece of rubbish left haplessly against the floor, Sesshoumaru rose from the bed, topless, as he deposited the squawking youkai into an empty closet at the end of the hall before breaking off the lock and returning to his chamber.

"What did Jaken-sama do?" Rin questioned the retreating demon lord as she slowly rubbed sleep from her eyes; the noises from earlier seemingly waking up the young girl and giving her cause to investigate.

"Do not release him." Sesshoumaru remarked hotly before slamming the door to his chamber and disappearing once again.

Rin stiffened slightly as the loud noise reverberated through the hall until only the gentle squawking of a toad demon, muffled through the wood of a large door reached her ears.

Curiously Rin approached the door as she placed an ear against it in an attempt to discern what was being said. She huffed audibly as she still couldn't make out the words, deciding instead to defend her master.

"Bad Jaken!" The young girl scolded as she kicked the door soundly and enraged the toad demon further. "You let Sesshoumaru-sama sleep!" She harrumphed before turning her back on him, just as the demon lord had done, and slammed her door accordingly.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~


"Can we go now?" Kagome huffed impatiently as she stared at the Taiyoukai who seemed to be lost in thought.

"Yes." Sesshoumaru retorted before slipping Toijin back against his waist and shaking away the disturbing day dream to once again resume patrolling.

Kagome hummed softly as she secretly wondered just how many women the Taiyoukai had been with. Were there hundreds? Thousands maybe? She never actually SAW him with a woman, but then again, she never saw him sleep either.

"So...how come you don't have a girlfriend?" Kagome questioned before she could stop herself.

"This Sesshoumaru has no need for ~friends~. He spat hotly without even acknowledging the woman beside him.

Kagome faltered slightly at the sharpness of his tone. She actually meant GIRLFRIEND, as in, kissing, dating, digging up bones, or whatever dog demons did....but no friend? Somehow that seemed so much worse then never having a girlfriend.

"Everyone needs friends." Kagome whispered softly to no one in particular.

"Come." Sesshoumaru ordered as he opted to change the subject and toy with the miko's young mind yet again. He supposed -the-game- as he often referred to it, appealed to some darker part of his mind. Possibly, the Taiyoukai noted, the same part that allowed him to give into the compulsion to spy on others when their guard was down.

Perhaps, Sesshoumaru noted as he eyed the girl warily, it was a bit underhanded, but the spike in the miko's scent every time he ~inadvertently~ steered her mind into the gutter was doing marvelous things to his ego.

"Couldn't you just say follow?" Kagome questioned in annoyance as she hastened her steps to catch up with the tall demon lord.

"Yes." The Taiyoukai retorted simply as he silently acknowledged that 'Yes' he could but 'No' he wouldn't

"We camp here." He added again after a short silence had passed and he smelled the gentle moisture of a slow stream hanging in the air.

"Thank Kami." Kagome groaned as she deftly pulled the straps of her pack off her shoulder and dropped it to her feet. "I'm starving." She whined as she bent to rummage through the pack. "You didn't give me any time to eat the last time we stopped."

"Rest easy miko." The Taiyoukai offered reassuringly as a slight smirk once again curled against lip. "This Sesshoumaru will not be departing until you are completely filled."

Kagome's eyebrow twitched as she loudly began humming unorganized notes frantically. "Of course you won't." She huffed quietly, not really intending for anyone to hear.

Another soft curl of the Taiyoukai's lip silently confessing...he had.