InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Invisible Tethers ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
We've all had situations that seemed to ingrain themselves into our memories. Maybe your first day or school, or your first kiss? Whatever the reason these memories have a tendency to haunt us. Not always in a negative way, but they follow us throughout our lives; causing us to laugh, sigh, grimace, and sometimes freeze to the spot as the thoughts themselves somehow shock our systems with a renewed sense of terror.

Kagome was decidingly having one of the later moments.

While she was sure she would probably look back and one day, recalling how she stood in the great Taiyoukai's doorway like a deer caught in the headlights, and laugh, she couldn't help but swallow as the air seemed to thicken around her.

Kagome had hesitated as she patted Rin's hand in a show of motherly affection before noting the setting sun on the horizon and, with great trepidation, made her way to the youkai's chamber.

Kagome wasn't sure what to expect in all honesty.

Perhaps they would kiss again?

Possibly, he certainly seemed to enjoy kissing her.

Perhaps he would finally explain what it meant every time she tasted the skin against his neck? Somehow she suspected that would be an awkward conversation, but her curiosity quickly overshadowed any preemptive feelings of embarrassment.

Kagome huffed as she realized JUST how far off her original presumptions had been. She had even, humorously, played with the idea that he might have just wanted her opinion on a new set of drapes, all though she seriously doubted it.

THIS, however, was not something she thought she'd be witnessing this evening, or even in her lifetime for that matter.

"Filthy human!" Jaken squawked from the corner of the room; pulling the young woman from her stupefied state. "What are you doing in my lord's chamber?!"

Kagome's heart flip slightly as a chuckle attempted to work its way up her throat; the scene before her making a little more sense. Slowly, she allowed her eyes to take in the scene as she restrained her mirth for Sesshoumaru's sake.

In the corner of the room Jaken had piled his master's clothing, obviously taking great care as he folded the fine silks into tiny separate stacks. The toad demon's face had reflected great contentment, moments before he stiffened at her intrusion, as he carefully caressed the creases in the clothing.

But where was the great Taiyoukai of the west: irrepressible force and unmistakable owner of said garments?

Lying, unclothed, free arm pinned against the bedding as if it were tied down by some invisible restraint, burning a hole into the ceiling with a gaze that promised death,while he refused to acknowledge her presence.

Kagome would have blushed hotly if a certain toad youkai would have stopped squawking at her long enough to allow her a chance to oggle the dog demon properly.

"Human! Have you no manners?!" The toad youkai squawked again. "Can't you see your intruding? Get out! Get out! GET OUT!"

Kagome flinched slightly as she, for a millisecond, actually wondered if she might have walked in on something that could possibly be consensual. After all, Sesshoumaru was a demon. Maybe this was the natural order of things? Procreation of the species and what-not?

"Purify him." Sesshoumaru ordered as he continued to stare at the ceiling with a look of deadly annoyance

"What?!" Jaken retorted indignantly, obviously taken aback by his masters callus order.

Kagome's hand went to cover her mouth as she successfully attempted to stifle a giggle.

Okay...so this was most definitely NOT consensual.

Kagome eyeballed the toad curiously as she began to size him up. She was unarmed, but then again, so was he. She noted this as she looked around for a familiar fire breathing staff and thankfully found none.

"Why..."Kagome questioned as her eyes once again floated to the demon lord. "Why can't you get up?"She finished as she realized Sesshoumaru still had not moved from the bed, despite his awkward positioning. It almost looked like he had sprawled out in the bed only to be tethered to it. The only problem with that of course being that there was an obvious lack of chains, ropes, or any other item that might actually hold a demon as powerful as himself.

"Purify him." Sesshoumaru ordered blandly again as he continued to stare at the ceiling with distain.

'Okay.' Kagome noted as she silently sized up her foe. 'Whatever is wrong with Sesshoumaru, he's not in mood to talk about it.'

"Are you sure you want me t-" Kagome questioned as she attempted to verify the order. After all, Jaken had been with him for YEARS, would he really want her to just....

"Purify him." Sesshoumaru ordered again more sternly; his eyes briefly fixing on hers as he attempted to communicate his seriousness in this matter.

"Mou, I don't have my arrows." Kagome pointed out as she slowly side stepped closer to the demon lord while focusing on an obviously distraught Jaken.

"Then restrain him." A baritone voice offered simply from the Taiyoukai's place behind the circling woman's back as she attempted to place her body between the demon lord and the toad demon. She didn't know why, but for some reason the placement seemed like a good idea, considering how distracted Jaken seemed to be by the naked dog demon's presence.

"Ew." Kagome winced as she stared at toad demon who now snorted indignantly at her; realizing of course that any RESTRAINING of said toad would require TOUCHING said toad.

She hated touching toads, let alone toad DEMONS.

Why couldn't Jaken have been a kitten youkai?

A derisive male snort echoed through the chamber behind Kagome as the demon lord seemed to agree with her sentiment whole-heartedly.

Another agitated squawk seemed to indicate that Jaken picked up on the little unspoken insult to his appearance while he crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes in an annoyed manner.

Kagome's heart flipped in her chest as it noted the toad demon had dropped his guard.

'Now or never.' She quipped to herself as she eyed a discarded blanket against the smooth stone floor.

For once in Kagome's life, her actions were too quick for her lips to betray her.

Deftly, making very little sound, she fisted the corners of the large blanket and, in one fluid motion, threw it over the toad youkai like a net; easily knocking him over as she closed the ends around him.

She did it.

She bagged Jaken.

Now where was a garbage can when she needed one?

"Closet." A baritone voice ordered from its place behind the triumphant miko.

Kagome blinked several times a she shook the bag soundly in an attempt to still the toad demon's squirming and then slowly began to drag it in the direction of the newly repaired closet door. She hadn't been around when it was fixed, but judging by the melted metal of the hinges, she had a good idea who had fixed it.

"Stop ....squirming...." Kagome ordered as she grunted with every tug of the makeshift fabric bag.

"Filthy human!" Came Jaken's strangled indignant cry from within his fabric prison.

"Hey..." Kagome grunted again as she neared her goal. "I'm not the one who.....what the hell did you do to Sesshoumaru anyways?!"

Suddenly Kagome wondered if perhaps the great Taiyoukai's 'honor' was less then intact.

What if she had caught them....during....instead of before like she had originally suspected?

What if she had decided to blow the whole 'meeting at sunset' thing off?

Human or demon, man or woman, no one should have to endure that.

Kagome shivered at the implications. No one, not even Sesshoumaru, deserved ....THAT.

"You BASTARD!" Kagome exclaimed as she soundly kicked the squirming mass of fabric in front of her. "What the fuck gives you the right ...to." She couldn't finish her sentence. It was too horrible and she was too angry. If Sesshouamru had been Eri, or any of her other friends from the future, she would have been furious, and little things like five hundred years of time and species aberrations were not going to ease her ire.

Suddenly, the fact that she found the scene funny at all was causing painful spasms in Kagome's stomach.

"Get in there!" Kagome barked loudly as adrenaline began to swim through her blood; allowing her to throw the, somehow lighter now, toad demon roughly against the back wall of the closet as she slammed the door shut soundly.

Kagome tested the doorknob; pleased when the door didn't open. Apparently the lock was still broken which was probably why Sesshoumaru suggested the space in the first place.

"I hope he lets you rot in there!" Kagome screamed at the top of her lungs before turning from the closet door, ignoring the painful whimper inside, as she moved back to the demon lord's chamber.

Kagome's steps slowed as she realized she would more then likely find Sesshoumaru still lying in bed without a stitch of clothing. She chewed on her lower lip as she realized there would be no squawking demon to deter her wandering eyes from ogling the tethered demon once she entered the room again.

Surreptitiously, as if worried the room itself would somehow see her coming, she snuck up on the open doorway, bracing her hands against it as she peered around the corner and stared at the unclothed demon lord.

Sesshoumaru was still staring up at the ceiling, but his expression somehow seemed less annoyed. He no longer seemed to strain against whatever was holding him down but there were still no obvious signs of restraints.

Kagome peered around the corner for a full minute; allowing her eyes a brief journey down his chest to his groin, before looking up again as her cheeks reddened hotly.

"What's holding you down?" Kagome practically whispered as her voice attempted to retreat back into her chest. She flinched slightly as her soft words only made it more obvious that she was a little more then intimidated by Sesshoumaru's naked body.

"Seals." Sesshoumaru answered mysteriously as he continued to stare at the ceiling of his chamber with a furrowed brow. It was embarrassing and more then a little humbling to be sealed to one's own bed by a lesser youkai. How could Jaken have planned such a thing in his very home without his knowledge? It was disgusting really, deviant intentions aside; it was disgusting that Jaken had been so successful. Apparently he had underestimated the toad.

"I don't see any." Kagome offered in a voice that was even softer. She fought down the urge to add, 'Not that I was looking!' but decided such things would be less then helpful at this moment.

Sessshoumaru snorted in obvious annoyance. Like he would have SEEN the seals and decided to willingly fall into the toad's trap?

"They are hidden." He offered in annoyance; his words obviously suggesting that she should perhaps LOOK for them.

"Oh." Kagome offered dimly from her place pressed against the doorframe; making no real move towards the restrained dog demon.

A delicate eyebrow rose into Sesshoumaru's hairline as he allowed his eyes to fall upon the girl across the room for the first time. Was it possible HE was the first unclothed male she had ever seen?

"Woman." He bellowed as he pondered silently. "What are you waiting for?"

"Huh?" Kagome questioned as she again held her position.

"Do you intend to release me or not?" Sesshoumaru barked.

"OH!" Kaogme retorted as his harsh words finally broke the spell she was seemingly under. "Sorry..." She began as she attempted to offer some sort of explanation. "It's just ...you're naked."

Sesshoumaru snorted again, his eyes locking with those of the advancing and flushed woman while addressing her indifferently. "I would hope that much was obvious."

Kagome's nose crinkled as the Taiyoukai was once again making her feel....well..stupid.

"It's a little TOO obvious," She huffed as she attempted to act casual, "You could at least have the decency to blush."

Sesshoumaru fought the urge to snort again as his arm flexed against an unseen restraint against his wrist. "Are you suggesting that THIS SESSHOUMARU should be ashamed?"

Kagome rolled her eyes. There was the Sesshoumaru she had come to know...and...well know. Tied helplessly to a bed and still dripping with arrogance.

"You have got to be the cockiest bastard I have ever met." Kagome mumbled, silently wondering if it had been the flowers or her own words, but no longer able to tell.

The corner of the great Taiyoukai's lip curled delicately as the miko stood at the edge of the bed, making a point to stare anywhere but at his groin, as she eyeballed the bed looking for hidden magical totems.

"Is that not what you find so appealing?" Sesshoumaru questioned in an amused and seductive tone. After all, if this strange incident hadn't occurred at precisely the wrong time, he had a pretty good idea what they would be doing right at this moment.

"Don't be cocky about being cocky." Kagome scolded as she met his eyes momentarily before rolling her own. "You might pull a muscle." She offered dimly as she buried an arm under the Taiyoukai's shoulder looking for tell-tell scraps of paper.

"Interesting choice of words miko." Sesshoumaru drawled out in a sensuously dangerous tone as her delicate hand slipped between the fabric of the bedding and the bare skin of his back.

"Whatever hentai." Kagome huffed as she rolled back on her haunches and gave the entire bed a quizzical expression. She wasn't finding the seals, if there were seals, and it was starting to seem hopeless.

"Perhaps the spell must reach ~completion~ before it will release its victim." Sesshoumaru offered auspiciously as he once again gazed at the ceiling, this time in an amusement.

Kagome scoffed audibly as she noted that the Taiyoukai's statement should have been preceded by a 'wink wink' or 'nudge nudge'. Honestly, if she thought that the spell wouldn't let him up until he reached ~completion~ he might be there for awhile.

Well, at least a week.....

Okay, possibly two days...............................but only if he begged.

"You know..." Kagome offered hesitantly as she lightly stroked her chin in a contemplative way. "If it would set you free...I suppose I could..."

Suddenly Kagome had Sesshoumaru's full attention. Perhaps his current position had its perks?

"Go get Jaken....and let him finish where he left off." Kagome quipped without loosing her contemplative façade.

'Perhaps not.' Sesshoumaru sighed as he released an annoyed snort and continued to stare at the ceiling.

"I suggest you continue looking." The Taiyoukai ordered as he refused to react to her obvious lure.

"If you insist." Kagome grinned as she once again began to scan the room. "Now....if I was a teeny green toad....bent on raping my..."

Kagome paused momentarily as she realized she still had a question she wanted answered.

"He didn't..."She fumbled with her words as she attempted to put some delicacy behind them. Sesshoumaru didn't seem on the verge of tears, but then again, you never know.

"I mean obviously he got your clothes off." Kagome continued as she eyeballed the naked demon. "But I mean..did he...erm...did he..."

"No." Was Sesshoumaru's short and decisive response as he decided he didn't even want to HEAR the end of her question.

"Good." Kagome practically sighed with relief before attempting to be more supportive. "I mean.....that's good ...that he didn't."

"Yes." Sesshoumaru answered back noncommittally as he seemingly agreed with her that such things were, in fact, good, but didn't see it necessary to dwell on them

"Not that ...if it had been consensual" Kagome babbled as she attempted to stay as politically correct as possible "I would have had an issue with it....cause whatever people .....do..in the privacy..."

"WOMAN" Sesshoumaru ordered as he pulled her from her bout of rambling. "Find the seals."

"Right." Kagome responded with so much enthusiasm that only saluting could have made her agreement any more militaristic.

"So..." Kagome began softly again. "If I was a squirmy little toad demon...where would I hide my..."

"AHA!" Kagome exclaimed as she rested her cheek against the floor and peered under the bed frame. Sure enough, hanging from the underside of the bed were several glowing scraps of paper; obviously overtaxed, as they attempted to hold the mighty demon lord against the bedding.

Kagome's hand reached under the bed as she sought to pull the pieces of parchment free before a gentle voice teased the back of her senses. She pulled her hand back as her inner voice once again reminded her, 'When will you ever get a chance like this again?'

The miko from the future nibbled her lower lip as she sat up and eyed the Taiyoukai curiously. When WOULD she get another chance like this again? He always seemed to duck answering her questions before; he certainly couldn't duck them now.

Sesshoumaru's eyes once again fell to the young girl's face as she seemed to pause in her search. He could be mistaken, but he assumed her exclamation of 'Aha!' had insinuated that she had found the seals and had intended to release him. So, why was she now staring at him in the most peculiar way?

"Sesshoumaru..." Kagome began as she realized she once again had the Taiyoukai's attention; deciding now was a good a time as any.

"What does it mean when I lick your neck?" She finished with a guarded smirk.

The demon lord bristled visibly. He had intended to have this conversation fully clothed, unrestrained, and possibly while standing. Now however, given that he was decidedly nude, tethered, and horizontal, he suspected things might not end well.

"And what were you doing when I was bathing in the forest if not peeping?" Kagome finished auspiciously; no longer able to hold back the grin that slowly grew against her features.