InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ Bad Puppy, No Boner. ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The next morning was over too quickly for Kagome.

She wasn't EXACTLY sure why, but somehow, things just didn't seem right at the time.

Kagome spent most of her time bidding her fond farewells to Rin; giving the small child a hug and a promise that, if she could find a way, she would come back to visit. The small bouquet of flowers the young girl presented as a departing gift was by far the most beautiful she had ever received.

'There wasn't a color missing in the bunch.' Kagome noted for the second time as she recalled the tight embrace she had given the small child before she had turned to face a particularly disinterested demon lord.

Kagome had fidgeted then.

Kami how she wished she could have said something....ANYTHING!

There were just so many things she WANTED to say to him.

Instead, Kagome just stood there, staring at him blankly before offering an uncomfortable, "Well..." to the silence that lingered between them.

She sighed softly as she eyed the back of the hanyou that stomped angrily in front of her. He was still huffing over her decision to walk instead of opting to be carried.

For some reason Kagome wanted to put as little distance between herself and Sesshoumaru as possible.

She knew it was pissing off Inu Yasha; trailing behind at a slow pace that was JUST short of walking backwards while allowing her mind to analyze the events of that morning, but she needed to think.

Something just felt wrong.

Kagome was never good at solving puzzles, but she hoped, if she just kept replaying the odd interchange in her mind, she might be able to identify the odd feeling in her chest and finally feel like herself for the first time in.....when WAS the last time she felt like herself?

~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Approximately five hours earlier:

"You will take this." Sesshoumaru retorted blandly, shoving a small bundle of cloth roughly into her arms as she blinked several times in confusion.

A present? HE was giving HER a present?

That couldn't be right ...could it?

"What is it?" Kagome asked.

"It's....!" Rin began enthusiastically before the demon lord cut her off.

"Rin." Sesshoumaru ordered roughly. "Find Jaken."

"Hai!" The young girl retorted, waving to Kagome once more as she sauntered off in a childish fashion while lazily singing:

"Jaken-sama where have you gone?

Jaken-sama wha'd you do wrong?

Jaken-sama why do you cry?

Jaken-sama's an unusual guy....."

Kagome blinked softly as the song continued on while the girl disappeared through the front door and could no longer be heard...at least...not by human ears. For a fraction of a second the young miko wondered what the next verse would be, admitting, at least to herself, that it had a catchy tune, before shaking away such thoughts to focus on the demon lord in front of her.

"Do I...Should I open it now?" Kagome questioned meekly. She wasn't used to getting gifts like this. Well, from anyone other then Hojo that is.

"No." The Taiyoukai offered in cold tone. "You should open this when...."

Kagome blinked as the demon lord seemed to pause uncharacteristically. What was he trying to say?

When what? When she thought of him? When she wanted to come home? When she was HUNGRY?

Kagome was on the verge of pulling her hair out as the possibilities brought about a small wave of dizziness. The anticipation was growing lethal.

"When you are ready to visit Rin again." Sesshoumaru finished in a tone that was far too casual as he nodded once in her direction and quickly departed.

Kagome's mouth gaped as she stared into demon lord's retreating back.

THAT was it?!

No...I love you Kagome?

No...Don't go Kagome?

No...I'll call you sometime Kagome. *wink wink*?

Perhaps she was being a little ridiculous to think someone like Sesshoumaru would fall all over himself for someone like her...but....damn.

'He didn't even kiss me goodbye.' Kagome grumped; flinching slightly as she realized the hanyou behind her probably wouldn't tolerate or approve of such things.

"Are you gonna stand there catching flies all day or are we leaving?" Inu Yasha groused, right on queue.

"Y-yeah." Kagome faltered in a tone of disbelieving shock. That was it. That was their great and powerful goodbye. Somehow, it wasn't nearly as romantic as she expected it to be.

'Damn...that sucked.' Kagome noted dubiously.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

"Inu Yasha." Kagome whined as the soreness in her hip suddenly pulled her from her disturbing thoughts.

"Can we stop for a moment?" She questioned while absentmindedly rubbing at the throbbing muscles as she stood in place.

"Fucking fantastic." Inu Yasha snorted.

"You fuck the FUCK out of my fucking bastard brother, and now I have to fucking stop ever five fucking seconds while you fucking recover."

Kagome's eyes grew wide as a chill suddenly ran up her spine.

He knew?

How the hell...

"Inu Yasha..." She offered softly. "You know?"

"Of course I fucking know." The hanyou answered in agitation. "I can fucking smell it on you...........FUCK."

Kagome closed her eyes tightly as she fought against the urge to wilt into a pile of quivering miko bits. If he could SMELL it on her ...then....one could only imagine what it was ...that he was smelling.

Kagome raised her hand as she stopped the hanyou in front of her from continuing on with his little tirade.

"First off." She offered as she quickly got the words out. "Don't say 'fuck' so much.....that first sentence...barely made any sense."

"Secondly.." Kagome continued in a softer tone, a little surprised she even had the guts to ask such a question. "You aren't mad?"

She was really asking for it wasn't she?

"Fu---Hell yeah I'm mad." Inu Yasha offered in a slightly raised tone. "You screwed my brother." He turned and took a step closer to the girl that stared at him in disbelief.

Despite his obvious anger, he was far more subdued the Kagome expected him to be, and the oddness of his actions was reflected in the quizzical gaze she gave him.

"I mean...fu—damn Kagome." He offered again, this time lowering his ears against his head as he gave her a soulful puppy dog look. "If you wanted to fuck....you should have just asked me."

"S'cuse me?" Kagome's eyebrow twitched. Did he just say what she thought he said?

"To be honest," Inu Yasha explained; completely oblivious to the grave he was digging for himself. "I never thought you were that type of girl."

A far too lecherous grin twisted against the hanyou's features as he took advantage of Kagome's deer-in-the-headlights state and grabbed her hand in his.

"But now..." Inu Yasha continued, lightly stroking the back of her knuckles with his thumb as she continued to stare at him like a fish.

"All you had to do was ask." He finished suggestively; lowering her hands against his body with his as he pressed her hesitant palm against the bulge in his hamaka and released a rudimentary grunt to puntuate his sentence.

"I know how to pleasure a woman." Inu Yasha growled out roughly. "Like I said...I'm not a COMPLETE baka."

'Holy hell!' Kagome's mind screamed. 'Inu Yasha wants to......to.....with me? But....wait....did he just call me a slut? Wait......(again!).....THAT'S what he meant when he said he would have understood?!?'

"Inu Yasha!" She finally managed, pulling her hand free of his groin as she recoiled with disgust. Did he honestly think that she just slept with ....well..... EVERYONE?

"What bitch?!" Inu Yasha barked in response, obviously not pleased with the way she pulled away from him. "You fucking spread your legs for my fucking brother. You better believe your days of freeloading are OVER!!"

And with that Inu Yasha carved out the kanji on his tombstone.

"O-S-W-A-R-I-I-!" Kagome screamed as an angry temple spasmed against the side of her brain.

'Freeloading?...FREELOADING?...FREE-loading?' Kagome's mind repeated, with variations of emphasis, as it seemed to sputter out of control. She barely even flinched as her hanyou companion slammed roughly into the ground.

She spread her legs for his brother and so.....now...he thought....he expected her to spread her legs...for....for?

"I am not a prostitute!" She finally screamed; abruptly shattering the silent mantra in her mind.

A low grumble against the earth caught Kagome's attention.

She wasn't sure...but after careful analysis she THOUGHT she heard 'He paid you didn't he?'

All though, given Inu Yasha's current position, she supposed it could have also been. 'I think I broke my knee.'

Kagome harrumphed as she decided saying ~it~ again without knowing exactly what he said would be cruel.

She would just have to wait and see if he limped once the spell wore off....and if he didn't...TO THE DIRT WITH HIM.

A soft sigh and a few angry foot steps echoed through the clearing as Kagome decided to wait out the spell on the trunk of a recently fallen tree.

Had Sesshoumaru paid her?

Was that what the present was....some sort of payment?

Kagome's stomached lurched painfully at the admission. She MIGHT be a prostitute. There was only one way to be sure, she noted as she eyed her pack and nibbled her lower lip fiercely. She had agreed at the time not to open it until she was 'ready to visit Rin again', whatever that meant, but surely a little peek wouldn't harm things?

After all, if she was a prostitute she should know right?

Kagome mentally berated herself as she secretly wondered just how much her ~services~ would be worth.

That wasn't the point at ALL.

The point was NOT to be a prostitute.

'He is one dead poodle if there isn't a significant amount of yen in here.' Kagome scoffed; silently chiding herself again as she carefully pulled the bundle from her pack and delicately pulled at the strings that held it together.

"Bitch!" Inu Yasha barked as the spell apparently wore off and he rose to his feet. "We ain't fucking stopping here."

"How's your knee?" Kagome questioned while raising a delicate eyebrow without taking her eyes off the package in her lap.

"Wha..." The hanyou questioned, his own eyebrow shooting up into his hairline in confusion before he finally answered the seemingly nonsensical question. "Fine...what the fuck are y--!"

"Oswarii." Kagome answered back, cutting the hanyou off mid rant, as she gently pulled at the loose bow that held the bundle together.

She just HAD to know if she had been paid.

If she was, in fact, a-lady-of-the-evening she would deal with that in her own time. She'd still sit Inu Yasha of course....

'Maybe I should charge him now?' Kagome thought momentarily as she shot the grounded hanyou a sarcastic comical glance before turning back to the carefully wrapped answer that laid simply in her lap.

"Well." The young potential prostitute crooned as she pulled the layers of the silky fabric back carefully. "Let's see was the going rate for miko virginity is these days."


Both Kagome's eyebrows disappeared behind her bangs as her hands seemed to hover in mid-air over the item that now seemed to glow an iridescent yellow against the milky pearl fabric that crumbled beneath it.

"What the fu--?" Kagome began to curse uncharacteristically as she grasped the single yellow flower and allowed the smooth wrapping fabric to pool at her feet.

A flower?

A single flower?

It was pretty, she supposed, but why would Sesshoumaru give her a single...

":Achoo!:" Kagome sneezed; pinching her nose in an awkward way as eyed the pollen that hung heavily against the petals.

It was strange, she noted, flowers didn't usually make her sneeze...

Well...all except...

"Shinjitsu flower!!" Kagome screamed as she rose to her feet, her eyes practically popping from their sockets as she dropped the offensive plant and looked to her hanyou friend horrifically.

"What the fuck are you screaming about?" Inu Yasha gruffed as he once against pulled himself free of the earth; looking a little worse for wear then before.

"Holy fucking hell!" Kagome screamed as she buried her fingers into her hair and whimpered like a small child before collapsing to the earth.

Inu Yasha's eyebrow twitched as he contemplated the miko's odd behavior. Was this that PMS thing again?

"Inu Yasha!" Kagome screamed, looking like a woman dying of thirst in the desert as she practically threw herself at the hanyou's feet for just a taste of water.

"Why would your brother PURPOSELY expose me to the Shinjitsu flower..AGAIN?" She questioned him with pleading eyes.

Inu Yasha scoffed. "Cause he's a bastard."

Kagome's shoulders slumped in defeat. "Kami, you're stupid." She mumbled.

"Hey!" The hanyou retorted; obviously affronted by her casual comment.

"Hey!" Inu Yasha barked again as he attempted to gain the young woman's attention; noting that she was turning away from him as she mumbled on at a frantic pace and more then likely was not listening to a word he said.

"Why?" Kagome mumbled as she continued to walk away from the obviously irate hanyou. "Why why why why why? Why would he do this to me? What could he possibly gain? Is he mad at me? Is he punishing me? Ooooo Did I do something wrong? Was I .....bad ......and he just didn't have the heart to tell me?"

Kagome's eyes grew large as the last question fumbled from her lips. She was a virgin. What IF she was bad?

"Hey!" Inu Yasha barked for the tenth time; finally gaining the young woman's attention as something he said seemed to turn a light on within her mind. "You're not going back there."

"What?" Kagome whispered hesitantly. "What did you say?"

"I said you're not going back there." The hanyou repeated. "If he thinks he can just have you back ..because....because..."

Inu Yasha shut his mouth so soundly that his jaw popped from the swift motion.

The telling smile growing on the young miko's face said it all.

She may not be willing to fuck him, but by Kami, he had just fucked himself.

"OF COURSE!" Kagome beamed as she spun in around in a tiny display of glee.

"Of course!" She offered again as she giggled with elation while simultaneously giving her hanyou friend a hug.

"He wants me back!" She beamed.

"He wants ME back!" She reiterated.

"You're not fucking going!" Inu Yasha responded angrily as the woman withdrew her embrace and stared at him with a big goofy expression.

"Oh Inu Yasha." Kagome began as she gave her friend a look full of friendship and understanding.

"Oswari." She chirped out gleefully.

"Bitch!" Inu Yasha grunted from his place against the ground.

The steady thumping of Kagome's heart as she wistfully skipped to her backpack and flung it over her shoulder thankfully drowned out any of the choice words the hanyou held for her.

"Where are you going?" Inu Yasha whined as he strained against the rosary in an attempt to reason with the obviously insane young woman.

"I'm going to fuck your brother." Kagome responded in an unashamed tone of wistfulness.

"You can't just leave me here!" Inu Yasha retorted, flaring his nostrils as he panted against the dirt. "What about the shards?"

Kagome paused momentarily as she stared at the wiggling hanyou over her shoulder.

"You know." She began in a thoughtful tone as she lazily walked over to the hanyou's location; pausing momentarily as she reclaimed her beautiful yellow flower from the ground and continued on to stand not two inches in front of the grunting dog demon's nose. "I've thought about that a lot lately...and...well...I'm sure Sesshoumaru wouldn't mind helping me get a shard every once and awhile....and....if you're a good puppy.." She continued condescendingly as she lowered herself into a kneeling position in front of him. "..maybe we'll let you come with us?"

"Wha---?" Inu Yasha began, only to be cut off as Kagome stuffed a bright yellow flower into his offensive dirty mouth.

"Until then ....why don't you go find Kikyo?"

An aggravated sneeze was Kagome's only response as she tilted her head in a forced consolatory gesture.

"If your mouth gets sore," Kagome offered.

"Humming works wonders!" She finished as she rose to her feet to walk away.

"Whore." Inu Yasha spat; his ears flattening against his skull as the vocalized thought seemed a bit extreme, even to him.

Kagome shot him a knowing smile over her shoulder as she paused to offer him some sort of parting words.

"Did you know..." Kagome began as smiled at him a little too sweetly. "Your brother's package is HUGE?"

"Shut the fuck up!" Inu Yasha whined; pushing himself up as the spell finally wore off while making no movement to stop her as she slowly walked away from him.

"Humongous!" Kagome remarked again, this time facing the trees, as she slowly lumbered away and held her hands apart in a suggestive way.

"I said shut the fu - -!" He retorted again, his voice fading into nothingness as Kagome disappeared into the forest; heading west.

"ENORMOUS." A woman's voice echoed through the forest in a teasing tone, causing the hanyou to flinch once more as he eyed the discarded and now crumbled yellow weed that lay against the ground in front of him.

"First things first." He mumbled as he growled at the innocuous little flower with distain.

"Stupid weed." Inu Yasha growled as he quickly dug a hole, and without so much as a eulogy, buried the accursed thing like a bone he had no intention of ever retrieving.