InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Hurts...in a good sorta way. ❯ The Truth Hurts. ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome groaned as a masculine set of shouts pulled her from blissful slumber; her eyes groggily seeking out the light that was denied by the blanket that haphazardly hung over her face.

She assumed it was more then likely early in the afternoon, since she had taken to the habit of sleeping in lately. She knew, considering she would soon have to rejoin Inu Yasha, (that was ~IF~ he somehow forgave her for running off with his brother more then a month ago)that she would eventually have to get used to getting up early again, but indulged herself and basked in the lethargic past time.

Kagome wasn't lazy at all, of course, and technically her bad habit of sleeping in wasn't completely her fault. If a certain demon lord (who shall remain nameless) didn't enjoy messing with her head so that he could....gain access to other parts of her anatomy, then she wouldn't have allowed herself to hide in bed in the first place.

Kagome groaned for the second time as her hips protested any and all movement. Whether the soreness there was because she made love for the first time so soon after her 'time of the month' or possibly because Sesshoumaru recently decided that little things like STANDING meant she was ready for another round, Kagome couldn't ascertain.

It had been three days since their initial .....session.....and Kagome had lost track of the number of times the demon lord had taken her.

'Let's see.' Kagome queried internally as she attempted to recall just how many times they had copulated in the last three days to distract herself from her aching muscles.

'Soo...bed, bed, bed, floor, bed, ~hallway~, bed, ~Jaken's closet~, hot springs....wait...does that count as one... or two?'

Kagome grimaced; this wasn't working.

Another loud shout thankfully drew her attention as she slowly pulled herself free to the covers and took several measured steps across the room.

Was that coming from outside?

Was someone here? Were they under attack?

Kagome's footsteps hastened despite her protesting muscles.

Somehow she felt she knew who was outside screaming his head off at Sesshoumaru, and it was causing her stomach to fluttering in a bout of unpleasant nervousness.

As she reached the front door; opening it carefully as she peeked around the slowly creaking wood, all questions of WHO might be on the other side were quickly displaced into the abyss of nothing by one angry syllable.

"Kagome!" Inu Yasha barked; obviously more then a little agitated as he stood, several yards away, with Tetsaiga brandished in his brother's direction.

As to what they had been previously screaming about, Kagome was unsure, but the disturbing look of distress on Inu Yasha's face seemed to communicate it hadn't been a pleasant exchange.

"Inu Yasha..." Kagome tone softly as she pushed the door open and regarded the hanyou warily.

He wasn't pissed?

He had to be!

Why did he look like someone just took the Tetsaiga?

"What are you doing here Inu Yasha?" Kagome questioned casually.

Inu Yasha seemed to blink several times in confusion before finally answering the young miko's question.

"What am ~I~ doing here??!"

'Ah.' Kagome's inner mind laughed nervously, 'There's the anger.'

"What the fuck are YOU doing here?" Inu Yasha growled in agitation; his gruff tone hiding the relief that washed over him in finding his friend unharmed. "Do you know how long it took me to track you down?!"

"A month?" Kagome quipped humorously, noting the none-to-pleased expression on her hanyou friend's face, as she smiled wryly and took several large steps in Inu Yasha's direction. She nibbled her lip fiercely as she noted Sesshoumaru's protective posturing beside her.

Did he honestly think Inu Yasha would harm her?

Had that been what they were screaming about before she came out to investigate?

Kagome placed a comforting hand on Sesshoumaru's forearm as she past him; completely missing the way he seemed to reach for her as she took a few more steps in the hanyou's direction so she could stare him in the eye.

"I'm so sorry." Kagome admitted; shrinking slightly as Inu Yasha seemed to bristle in her presence. "I didn't want to just leave you like that...but.....I mean...put yourself in my shoes."

Inu Yasha seemed to eye the woman's footwear momentarily causing Kagome to continue her response before he had a chance to make some comment about her pathetic human feet.

"What I mean is." Kagome offered again. "How would you feel if every thought you had about me..and Kikyou..and....What if you couldn't keep that stuff to yourself?" She finished; noting the way Inu Yasha seemed to flinch when she mentioned the undead miko and realizing she'd made her point. "What if I couldn't stop myself from saying ~IT~"

"You didn't have to...." Inu Yasha offered, catching Kagome off guard with the gentleness of his tone."I would have understood...."

"I'm not a TOTAL baka." Inu Yasha whispered softly as Kagome fought against the tears that welled up within her irises.

Who was this person and what had they done with Inu Yasha?!

"Oh Inu Yasha!" Kagome exclaimed as she threw her arms around her long missed friend and wrapped him in a tight embrace. She had missed him so much. If she hadn't been so worried about facing an extremely angry hanyou she probably would have sought him out a week ago when the flowers effects had began to wane.

Kagome's heart fluttered as her mind reminded her that a week ago...she was still a virgin.

What would happen now?

She obviously had a responsibility to gather the jewel shards, but where did that leave Sesshoumaru?

Kagome grimaced as she contemplated the demon lord as she continued to embrace her long lost hanyou. Sesshoumaru probably couldn't care less. After all, he wasn't a virgin. (She finally came to accept this fact after experiencing his....experience ....first hand) As good looking as he was he probably slept with a different woman or demoness every other week.

Kagome sighed softly as the phrase 'flavor of the week' seemed to ring true within the confines of her head. Did she honestly think that she was enough to keep a man...or demon like Sesshoumaru?

She didn't regret a thing they had done, and in truth even if the well had allowed her to go back in time a little further to change things in her own life, she wouldn't.

How many girl's got to lose their virginity to a silver haired adonis with beautiful golden eyes?

A low growl resonated through the air from directly behind Kagome as she suddenly snapped back to reality and realized she had been hugging Inu Yasha for an elongated period of time.

Kagome offered the Taiyoukai a reassuring smile as she recalled his aversion to human sentimentality. Her overly gooshy greeting was obviously making the great dog demon uncomfortable.

"I guess." Kagome offered softly as she looked to her slightly pink hanyou friend and then to her demon lover. "I should get my things..." Her eyes fell to Sesshoumaru as the growling ceased and his stoic mask once again settled over his features. "and get out of your hair."

"You will not leave until the morning." The Taiyoukai ordered bluntly; standing his ground as he shot his half brothera disgusted look over the young woman's shoulder.

"But..." Kagome began only to be cut off by another terse order from the Taiyoukai.

"You would leave before bidding a proper goodbye to Rin?" Sesshoumaru practically growled, causing Kagome to flinch.

He was right of course.

How could she be so thoughtless?

She was going to leave without saying goodbye to Rin?

Kagome nodded softly in agreement as she slowly went to collect her things and left the two dog brothers alone once again.

"We ain't spending the night in that place." Inu Yasha snorted as he allowed his hand to rest over the hilt of his sword; the unconcealed action communicating just how much the hanyou really trusted his half brother.

"Where you sleep is none of this Sesshoumaru's concern." The Taiyoukai retorted, glancing at his brother through the corner of his eyes warily as his focus remained on the door the young miko had recently disappeared behind.

"She's not staying with you tonight either." Inu Yasha pointed out casually as he allowed his claws to flex against the handle of Tetsaiga.

"I believe..." Sesshoumaru glowered as he turned his head to look at his half brother in a contemptuous way. "That is up to the miko."

"~The miko~" Inu Yasha barked in a mocking tone. "Does what I tell her to do." He finished with a wry grin.

"You would dare challenge my claim?" Sesshoumaru questioned as he raised an eyebrow into his hairline; obviously ready to fight if he didn't like the answer his question recieved.

"What claim?" Inu Yasha snorted back.

"So you fucked her..." The hanyou bit out gruffly as a sadistic grin twisted against his boyish features. "You didn't exactly CLAIM her now did you?"

Sesshoumaru stiffened as the truth behind his brother's words caused an uncomfortable pain to clench within his chest. He hadn't claimed the miko. He had fully intended to, on more then one occasion, but he just couldn't bring himself to do such things without at least explaining what it meant.

Why hadn't he said something in the last three days?

Had he been afraid?

Ridiculous!

What was the worst that could happen...she'd say no?

She'd say no and then...

Sesshoumaru blinked languidly as the disturbing scene played over in his mind. For all his power and strength, for all his wisdom and tactics, for all his arrogance and audacity....he, the mighty Taiyoukai of the west, was a coward.

And now, Sesshoumaru noted as he took several slow and heavy steps in the direction of the forest, he would pay the ultimate price for his cowardice.

"Truth hurts...doesn't it?!" Inu Yasha barked at his brother's retreating form as he placed his hands against his hips in triumph.

Sesshoumaru mentally flinched as his brother's words seemed to resonate with a painful sort of wisdom.

His annoying little half brother never missed an opportunity to rub salt in the wound..did he?

One good thing about losing your human mate simply because you weren't callus enough to mark her without her permission; the hanyou population would most definitely NOT be increasing, at least, not as far as they were concerned.

Another pain twisted it's way into the Taiyoukai's ancient and troubled heart. He despised hanyou as a matter of principle, but somehow, when he envisioned the children Kagome would inevitably bless him with, he didn't see a litter of disgusting hanyou.

A young cub with silver hair and the bluest eyes, perhaps, but there would be nothing disgusting about her.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!" A young female voice chirped, causing the Taiyoukai to wonder if his day dream had somehow become a hallucination.

"Rin." Sesshoumaru answered, a little agitated to find her once again playing in the forest without her usual green chaperon, but too preoccupied to chastise her.

Rin's eyes shined brightly as she regarded her master. He seemed withdrawn somehow when she had spied him from her place within the trees and she hoped that perhaps she could find a way to brighten his spirits.

"Where is Kagome-chan?" The young girl questioned; surprised to find her master alone when he and the young miko had practically been inseparable as of late.

"She leaves us in the morning." The Taiyoukai retorted as he noted his young ward's softening features. She would miss Kagome as well and it was his fault she was leaving.

"Rin will pick some flowers for her!" The young girl offered enthusiastically as she seemed to shake off whatever melancholy temporarily took hold of her heart.

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow at his young ward's sudden change of mood. If only he could so easily change his heart. If only he could find a way to make the woman stay without...

"Rin." The demon lord bellowed as a thought suddenly struck him with force while he called after the girl who was all ready skipping off in the forest to collect a bouquet that she felt would somehow be worthy of the miko she had come to love as a mother.

"This Sesshoumaru will assist you."

"Hai!" The young girl beamed; grinning from ear to ear as her master followed her through the forest.

~o~o~o~o~o~

Kagome sighed as she stared off into the darkness from her place beside the campfire. She had been thankful when Inu Yasha informed her they would make camp just outside of Sesshoumaru's dwelling. Not because she held issue with staying there, to the contrary, she often thought of the small dilapidated structure as a second home, but more to the issue of the sleeping arrangements.

There was no way in Kami she'd be able to sleep with Sesshoumaru (not that they slept much) with Inu Yasha just down the hall...or even..outside. Also, she noted as she shifted uncomfortably in her sleeping bag, she needed to get used to THIS again.

It had been awhile since she had sat next to the warmth of a fire without a tall, ethereal, creature sitting off in the distance, and she found herself silently wondering if she would ever feel completely comfortable without him.

It might have been a easier transition, Kagome noted, if the Taiyoukai hadn't avoided her all day. She, more then once, went back to his chamber under the guise of forgetting some innocuous item only to find it empty.

Where had he been all day?

Was he angry at her?

If he was so anxious to be rid of her then why would he insist she stay until morning.

"Get some rest." Inu Yasha barked grumpily from his place crouched beside the slowly dying campfire. "We leave FIRST thing in the morning."

"Hai." Kagome whispered as she remained laying against the earth and stared off into the darkness.

'Doesn't Sesshoumaru care that I'm leaving?' She wondered softly before finally closing her eyes to the blackness and allowing her body to relax.