InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Twelve Days of Christmas Drabbles ❯ On the Sixth Day... ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

On the Sixth Day of Christmas
 
Who gives this kind of crap to a person?” A partridge in a pear tree”? What a weirdo…
 
I see you are warm, InuYasha. Now is my heart…and it longs for your warmth. But will you come down to us? I saw you looking at the fire longingly. It is okay, InuYasha I will keep you warm here. If you'd only come down…
 
<^>
 
“Inu…yasha!” the raven-haired girl said, her body lying crumbled underneath a demon's amputated arm. Her eyes were wide as her last three words escaped her mouth in naught but a whisper. “I love you…”
 
InuYasha with a bitten back scream, though he had screamed it so many times in the night that the others might not have worried anymore. He shook his head, trying to erase the images that plagued him. He shivered underneath the blanket in his tree. It wasn't from cold, but from sadness and longing. He was about to drift back to sleep when a Thwack! caught his attention and he jumped down to the tree. An arrow was embedded deeply into the tree so he pulled out in a smooth yank. Feeling the smooth shaft, he burst into tears. This was her arrow. Maybe the last one she ever fired. He held it to his chest tightly.