InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Twelve Days of Christmas Drabbles ❯ On the Fifth Day... ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I'm up on a school night at 11! *gasp* oh well, I blame you if I fall asleep tomorrow…
 
On the Fifth Day of Christmas…
 
Snow had begun to fall that night, blanketing the ground with the sparkly whiteness. InuYasha, who had always been ahead of the others, was staring solemnly at the snow that drenched his feet in coldness. The snow reminded him of the crystal—which he had just pulled out and was fondling lovingly—and the bells—which were hanging from his scarf, so every time he walked, the sound would ring beautifully in his ears. Yes…he thought he was content after so long…maybe it was time to start moving on…
 
<>^<>
 
Is he smiling? No…I thought I had caught it. InuYasha, my love…I only wish for that smile to stay there, and for you to be happy…even if it is not with me…It is very cold out, I just stepped in a pile of snow that rose up to my ankles. Are you cold too, my hanyou...?
 
<>^<>
 
He was cold, oh so cold…Why didn't he accept the fire down below? In fact, he could feel his body unconsciously reaching for the warmth offered below. But there'd be too many questions…he didn't want to deal with that now. Instead he turned back to the freezing cold until he heard something being slung on the branch near the ground behind him. He didn't see or smell the person…he wanted to thank them…but nonetheless, he dropped down and reveled in the warmth of his new beige blanket.
 
I have a beige blanket. It's soft and warm and fuzzy and it keeps me warm at night when the snow is coming to kill me like every year…*huggles said blanket*