InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The Reception ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: You know the deal. I don't own Inuyasha, only in my dreams. :sigh:
AN: Thanks so much for the reviews people! I'm loving the love from both and ! And I would've put up review responses but I'm so tired and I am swamped with homework. Hehe, I guess that's what happened when you have three AP classes. -- Anyway, I updated as soon as I could so here it is. Enjoy!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The Reception
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Get your claws off of me!" Inuyasha snapped as his father and brother tried to stuff him into the limo. "I don't like being within ten feet of that wench, let alone in the same vehicle! Why can't we take separate limos?!"
"Kagome is now your mate, Inuyasha," Inutaisho responded through gritted teeth while trying to extricate his son's hands from the doorframe, "so you need to get used to each other's presence and there's no better time for that than the present. Now shut up and get in the damn limo and stop acting like such a baby!"
Inuyasha glared at Miroku, who was watching with immense amusement behind them. "Stop gawking and do something!"
"I would love to Inuyasha," Miroku began, grinning at his friend's predicament, "but you really do need to take this time out to get to know your wife. I wouldn't want to interfere with the much needed bonding process."
Inuyasha howled in pain as Sesshoumaru drove his claws into his arms in an attempt to remove his grip on the doorframe, but the hanyou refused to let go. His ears twitched at the sound of Kagome's protests, who was being carried by her father. He would have laughed at her had he not been in the same position.
"Daddy! How can you do this to me?" Kagome whined from overtop of his shoulder as they approached the vehicle. "I thought I was your little girl? How can you subject me to such cruelty and injustice?"
"It's for your own good, hime," Ryo replied sullenly.
Her eyes searched for familiar faces amongst the crowd that were now exiting the church in hopes that someone would rescue her from her cruel fate. "Sango! Ayame!" she called to her friends and waved her hands frantically. "Sango, Ayame, help me!"
Ayame shook her head sadly as they walked after her father. "Sorry Kag, but Hitomi-san made us promise to keep out of this."
Sango picked up Kagome's veil, in which had been angrily discarded after her father had thrown her over his shoulder. "Think of it this way Kag, if you two make friends with each other now, there won't be as much blood shed at the reception."
Ryo opened the door and quickly placed her in before she could escape. "Now be a good girl and be nice to your new husband." He closed the door before she could speak or try to run away again. Sighing, he glanced to the opposite side of the limo where Sesshoumaru and Inutaisho were still trying to put a struggling hanyou in. "You need some help over there?"
"No, we've got it." Inutaisho yelped when his son sank his fangs onto his wrist in his last desperate attempt to flee. Growling in irritation, the taiyoukai backed up, then rammed all 190 pounds of himself into his son, sending Inuyasha flying onto the floor of the limo in a stunned daze.
Smirking at his idiot brother's dilemma, Sesshoumaru slammed the door shut and signaled the driver to go.
Megumi wrung her hands nervously as the limo sped away. "I do hope that they are able to make peace before the reception."
Hitomi sighed and hung her head. "That would be wishful thinking. The most that we can hope for is that they at least start seeing eye to eye. I told the limo driver to the circle the city a couple of times to give them some alone time and time for us to prepare at the reception."
Sango lifted a brow. "Umm, Hitomi-san, are you sure that's a good idea?"
"The lady is right, my dear Sango. We all know that those two need this time together to work out their differences," Miroku pointed out while observing her physical attributes. 'Hmm,' he thought to himself, 'lady Sango isn't as puny as she was a couple of years ago.'
The last time he had seen her was four years ago when Inuyasha dragged him to one of his father's company balls. The Higurashi family had been invited as special guests and Kagome had brought Sango along for the ride. Then, she had tall, wiry, and somewhat underdeveloped. 'Now…' Miroku hid an approving smile. 'She has filled out in all of the right places and looks like a goddess. A goddess that I must have.'
She lifted a brow at him, as if seeing him for the first time. He had grown a lot since the last time that she'd seen him. No longer was he skinny with those thick framed glasses and pasty skin. Sango noticed that he had filled out quite nicely and had a wonderful bronze skin tone. And without those glasses she could see his gorgeous violet eyes shining with amusement. "I suppose your right, Houshi-sama."
"It has been a long time, my lady Sango." He bowed and advanced toward her, taking her delicate hands in his. "Perhaps we should get together sometime, oh say, tomorrow evening for a candlelit dinner at this wonderful French restaurant I know of."
Flustered, Sango nervously shifted her weight as she tried to come with a liable excuse. Dates weren't her thing, especially the best friend of her best friend's adversary. And she would never betray Kagome like that. "Umm..." All train of thought ceased when she felt one of his hands slip from wrist, down her back, and finally settle on her backside.
"Hentai!" Embarrassed and outraged, Sango launched her fist into his nose with all of her might. Nobody had the right to touch her like that and get away with it, especially some perverted monk.
Caught off guard by the surprising force of the blow, Miroku was sent sprawling to the ground in an undignified heap. 'Hmm,' he speculated wiping the blood from his nose, and watched the pissed girl stalk away, 'I was definitely right about those curves.'
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
Kagome sat with her back against the door, glaring at her new unwanted husband. Inuyasha sat with his back to his door, glaring at his new undesired mate. The tension was thick. The silence was deafening. The air was suffocating. Confused by the lack of love between the newlyweds and clearly disturbed by the hatred between the two, the driver had put up the partition just in case objects started flying.
Tired of staring at the object of her disaffection, Kagome shifted her gaze to the window. The passing scenery was easier on the eyes than the hanyou's scowl that was permanently plastered on his face.
"What? Am I not good enough for you to look at now?" inquired the hanyou distastefully and crossed his arms.
"Au contraire, I think that you're the epitome of virtuosity," Kagome retorted dryly still staring out of the window. "This unworthy one does not deserve your attention."
Inuyasha felt himself bristle as his anger piqued, something that always seemed to happen when she was in his presence. "What the hell is your problem? You're so damn prissy and conceited that it's nauseating."
She whirled around to face him, her sapphire eyes darkening with outrage. "You're calling me conceited and you're the one that's sleeping with every chick you lay eyes on?"
His eyes flashed dangerously as he bared his fangs. "I don't fucking sleep with every girl I meet! Unlike a certain somebody that likes to screw mangy wolves I do have some morals!"
"I haven't slept with Kouga!" Kagome screamed indignantly and tried to punch him in the face for even fathoming such a thought.
Inuyasha caught her fist before it could come into contact with his face. His father had already attacked him once today and he wasn't in the mood for being physically abused a second time that day. "Really?" he scoffed with narrowed eyes. "I thought otherwise when your stinkin' wolf came charging into the ceremony like he was about to have his heart ripped out."
Pissed that she couldn't pry loose her hand from his tight grasp, Kagome fisted her free hand in his thick mane and yanked, resulting in them both toppling on each other on the floor. "Well some relationships are based on love and trust instead of ass and breasts!" she snapped irately from under him.
"What the hell is that supposed to mean!" Inuyasha growled as he tried to pry her hand from his hair.
"Exactly how it sounds you arrogant bastard!"
"Stupid wench!"
"Immoral jerk!"
"Prissy bitch!"
"Untrained mutt!"
"Stop yanking my damn hair!"
"I will when you take your disgusting claws off of me!"
"Well if you hadn't tried to hit me then my claws wouldn't be on you, now would they?"
"Well if you hadn't assumed that Kouga and I slept with each other I wouldn't have hit you!"
Inuyasha blinked at her in confusion and mild amusement. "You two have been together for four years and haven't hit the sack once?" A part of him, deep, really deep down, was relieved to hear that she was still untouched, just as she had been.
Embarrassment, irritation, and slight mortification resulted in red creeping onto her cheeks as she desperately tried to think of a retort. "And you've been with who knows how many women and haven't slept with one?"
Now it was his turn to start blushing. "Keh. I told you I had some morals."
By now they were both nose to nose in each other's face. Both were panting and their cheeks flushed with color. It was only then that Kagome took notice of his beautiful golden eyes that she had always loved to gaze into, in which were now full of fire and passion. His silvery-white tresses had somehow broken free of their bondage and were now strewn about his face in a wild and sexy manner, framing the perfectly chiseled face that hovered inches above hers. With his hard body was pressed against hers, she could feel his heart beating furiously in his chest. Kagome felt her pulse quicken and butterflies fluttering in her stomach. `No, no, no! This isn't right! I don't want to fall for him all over again.'
Inuyasha raised a brow when he didn't hear another retort come from her pouty lips. 'What? She ran out of sarcastic comments already?' He started to smirk, but stopped when he caught sight of the swirl of confused emotions stirring within her mystifying blue eyes. Her long raven black tresses were fanned around her head and were a stark contrast to her flawless, crème colored skin. Beneath the softness and fullness of her breasts, he felt the pace of her heartbeat speed up. Inuyasha gulped when her endless pools of blue locked on to his gaze. 'Damn her for being so beautiful.'
But hating each other was the farthest thing from their minds as they searched one another's eyes, feelings long denied quickly arising to the surface of the depths they were once buried beneath. Kagome shivered in unexpected delight when his breath caressed her face gently. Kouga had never made her feel this way before. Maybe it was partly because she never allowed herself to.
Inuyasha slid a claw lightly over her wrist. Her skin was so soft and silky. He licked his lips hungrily, resisting the sudden urge to start nibbling on her flesh and mark her as his own. He had never let any girl get under his skin, ever. She was the only one that had done it. What made her so special? Why did he have this unexpected desire for her to become his mate?
They both were abruptly wrenched from their thoughts when the door to the limo opened.
Inuyasha growled at first, pissed that someone had interrupted their moment, but stopped after realizing that they had arrived at the reception. 'I didn't even notice that we had stopped.'
Miroku poked his head into the vehicle, a knowing smile curving onto his face after noting the position that they were in. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? You two could have waited until the honeymoon to relieve your sexual urges."
Kagome snapped back to reality. "Get off of me!" She released her hold on his hair and pushed him away, her face feeling as thought it were engulfed in flames.
"Bitch, you were the one that pulled us down on the floor in the first place," Inuyasha growled standing up.
Somewhat unnerved by the situation that had just taken place, Kagome took Miroku's outstretched hand and came to her feet. She had to grip his arms to steady herself, her legs feeling like jello.
"So what exactly transpired between you two?" Miroku questioned with a grin. He was most interested. Never in his wildest…well maybe in his wildest, dreams would he imagine these two hooking up so quickly.
"Nothing!" they snapped in unison though red began to tinge their cheeks.
Miroku held up his hand in innocence. "Just thought I'd ask. Come on. Everybody is waiting for you."
Eyebrows raised as the two newlyweds entered the main dining court with disheveled appearances and flushed faces. Now what could have possibly happened in a twenty-minute limo ride to change their attitude toward each other when only an hour earlier they loathed one another with a passion? Thoughts of lechery crossed the minds of some and wooing crossed the minds of others.
"I didn't try to seduce you, you imbecilic jerk!"
"The hell you didn't!"
The thoughts of love and lust of the bystanders immediately fled as the couple made their way to their table.
"I take it that the limo ride did nothing to bring you two together," Hitomi commented as her daughter sat down in a huff next to her.
Kagome only grumbled to herself irately and started to shred the napkin that had been in front of her, pretending that it was Inuyasha's big head. Who did he think he was saying that she tried to come on to him? It was enough to make her vomit. She smirked. Maybe she should get drunk again just to barf all over him again. With this in mind, Kagome grabbed her glass full of champagne that had been placed in front over her, and took a long swig. Ignoring the bitterness and burn of the alcohol as it coursed down her throat, she continued to drink until the glass was empty.
Glaring at his mother, who had insisted that the bride and groom sit together, Inuyasha sat down stiffly beside Kagome. This was the last place he wanted to be. "Stupid stuck up schoolgirl," he muttered crossing his arms and glanced angrily at her, who had just asked the waiter to bring her more wine. "I hope you don't plan to have a repeat of what happened this morning," he snorted.
She gave him a sour smile. "Actually, that's exactly what I plan on doing. I hope you have a change of clothes."
Inuyasha jumped out of his chair in horror. "Mom-!"
Megumi snatched the tail of his suit jacket, forcing him back into his seat. "Inuyasha shut up and sit down," she berated him under her breath. "Do remember that we are in the presence of many of our employees and future clients. Stop acting like a child."
Kagome coughed in order to hide her snickers. This was just too funny. Big bad Inuyasha being scolded by his mommy like a 2-year-old. 'I wonder if any of his girlfriends know he's such a momma's boy.'
The hanyou scowled at her. "Puke on me again and I'll kill you, drunk monkey."
Kagome ignored her husband and smiled sweetly at the cute waiter who had brought her a bottle of wine. "Thank you so much," she said batting her eyelashes after he poured her another glass.
A flash of possessiveness and jealousy flared up in Inuyasha, but was quickly extinguished. Why should he care if she flirted with other guys? He had long since eradicated any feelings he had had for her. In fact, that was exactly what he wanted her to do. Then it would give him a chance meet and date other chicks that wouldn't be such a pain in the ass.
The resonant sound of a utensil striking a crystal glass brought everyone's attention to the middle of the floor where both Inutaisho and Ryo stood.
"I'd like to make a toast to the bride and the groom," the taiyoukai announced grinning up at his son and daughter-in-law, who had begun to sink into their seats in discomfort.
Megumi and Hitomi pinched their children, wordlessly ordering them to sit up and look attentive.
"Inuyasha. Kagome." Inutaisho lifted his glass. "I'd just like to say that I'm very proud of you both for being mature and sensible about this whole arrangement." He went on, ignoring the various coughs and snickers from the audience. "I know that both of you had your whole lives ahead of you and being bound together at such a young age is something that both of you despise."
Inuyasha's amber orbs narrowed. Despise was putting it lightly. He despised mushrooms on his pizza. He despised when he was in his Ferrari doing 100 mph and people going 50 cut in front of him. Kagome, on the other hand, was in a class by herself.
"There will be trials and tribulations that the both of you will have to overcome."
Kagome guzzled down another glass of the wine. The only tribulation she wanted to overcome was this stupid reception.
"But," Ryo spoke, "we know that you both can do. You can make it, but only if you work as a team and put aside your differences. Only as a team will you be able to make this new merger thrive and prosper and only as a team will you be able to come to terms your relationship and hopefully develop love for each other."
The bride and groom snorted softly to themselves. As if.
"Which is why this toast is for you." Inutaisho looked at them, pride shining in his amber orbs. "May all of your dreams and wishes become a reality."
Kagome closed her eyes, reopening them a moment later. Well her wish didn't become reality. She was still here.
"And most importantly, may you two live a long, healthy lifespan, full of love and trust and happiness." Ryo presented his glass. "To Inuyasha and Kagome Takeda."
"To Inuyasha and Kagome Takeda," the audience repeated, then drank from their glass.
Hitomi snatched the flute of wine from her daughter before she could bring it to her lips. "I think that you've had enough wine for today. After what happened this morning, I think that you should lay off the alcohol for a while."
Inuyasha snickered when Kagome began to pout. An idea struck him. "Mmmmmm…." The hanyou lifted the glass to his lips and let the warm liquid slide into his mouth, then swished the it. "Tasty." He smacked his lips.
Kagome internally berated herself for letting his mocking antics get to her. Huffing, she crossed her arms and looked away. 'Jerk.'
To evoke her even more, Inuyasha began gargling with the alcohol just to spite her.
Suppressing the impulse to choke him to death, Kagome clenched her teeth and scooted over in her chair toward her mother. 'Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.' An idea formulated in her head. Hiding a grin, Kagome inched toward him until she was at the edge of her seat. Still gargling, Inuyasha hadn't noticed what Kagome had planned until he felt one of her elbows ram into his ribs.
Kagome laughed when wine spewed from his mouth and nostrils. Damn she was good.
Megumi stopped talking to one of her clients to glare at her son as he tried to suppress the coughs that racked his body. "For once Inuyasha, for once, I would like to see you act with some sense instead of like a fool."
"But…" He was overtaken with more coughs and couldn't finish his sentence.
Kagome's mirth was brought to a halt when she felt the hairs on her neck stand at attention. She immediately sunk into her seat. "Sorry Mama. Won't happen again."
Hitomi stopped glaring at her daughter and returned to her previous conversation with on of the board members.
"That was uncalled for," Inuyasha growled softly once he regained control of himself.
"You asked for it. Next time don't tempt me."
"If my mother wasn't sitting right next to me-"
"Or what?" she questioned shifting her gaze from the crowd to his annoyed golden eyes. She felt her heart skip a beat when he reached over and took one of her hands in his. The annoyance in his eyes melted into softness. He brought her hand to his lips, and brushed them gently across her knuckles. The caress of his warm and soft sending shivers of pleasure racing up her arm. Kagome bit her lip to try and calm herself when he gazed up at her again with those deep, meaningful amber eyes.
"Kagome…" he whispered with a small smile, eyes still locked on hers. A flicker of mischief appeared in his eyes, but she failed to detect its presence until it was too late.
Kagome shrieked when she felt the wine stream down the front and the inside of her dress. Inuyasha howled with laughter and threw his empty wineglass onto the table. Now this was funny.
All talking ceased and all eyes focused on the scene that lay before them. Kagome didn't move or say anything. Her head was bowed, her bangs hiding her eyes.
The hanyou stopped laughing when he noticed that nobody was joining in. He turned his attention to the drenched wretch that lay before him. The gown was ruined. The tawny colored wine streaked the front of the dress and was still dripping onto the floor.
Inuyasha felt a pang of guilt. Maybe he went too far. He only wanted to make her mad, not cry. "Uhh, Kagome?"
Her head snapped up at the sound of her name. Angry tears stained her face. Hatred, pain, and a myriad of other emotions swirled in her turbulent sapphire eyes. And before he could even say a word, she launched herself at him screaming like a wild banshee. Nobody humiliated Kagome Higurashi and got away with it.
.
.
.
.
.
End.
(of this chapter of course)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
AN: So? What do ya think? Kouga will probably be in the next chapter so be ready for some good butt kicking. I'm still pondering on whether or not to include a little Kouga/Ayame in this…probably will. They're a cute little couple. Of course Kouga will have to get over Kagome first. :sigh: I wonder how I'll work that one out.
Anyway people, REVIEW! The more reviews, the faster I update. Even if it means putting off a couple of homework assignments.
Next chapter: I wonder what will happen when Kagome and Inuyasha are forced to live together, not only in the same city, but under the same roof?
Until next time people, Ciao baby!