InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The Move ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer::Holds up sign: Me no own Yasha. :retreats sadly to the recesses of house:
AN: I love snow days! This day off gave me a chance to update. I'm also really happy that I received my very first acceptance letter to college! I am so happy. I guess I won't be living at home for another year after all. And I'm also very happy that I got my report card and I actually did good. I love my 4.11 GPA. Maybe if I keep this up my mother will finally buy that laptop I've been wanting. - Anyway, sorry for being so slow with the update. But you know me. Procrastinator extraordinaire..
.
.
.
.
.
The Move
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Inuyasha and Kagome sat at opposite ends of the couch back in the hotel room, silently awaiting the chewing out that they both deserved by their parents. Inuyasha's ears twitched in annoyance and impatience as he waited for them to say something. He didn't see what the big deal was. So what if he spilled a little wine on the wench's dress and she had came at him like a rapid animal ready to devour him whole.
He glanced down at his tattered shirt, in which had been literally slashed to shreds by her long, manicured fingernails. And he could still feel the stinging in his cheeks where she had raked her talons along his skin, producing a warm flow of blood that was still caked to it. Ok, maybe they did take it a little above and beyond with the whole hating thing, but that didn't warrant for harsh consequences, right?
"I am thoroughly ashamed of you two," Megumi scolded first, eyeing the bride and the groom with barely concealed frustration as they dejectedly slumped further in their seats. "I have never been so embarrassed in my life. I know that you two have a strong dislike toward each other, but that does not give you the right to make a total fool of yourselves as well as us."
"This type of behavior makes us look bad as parents and employers," Ryo stated wearily. He was at his wits end. It had taken three grown full blooded youkai to remove Kagome's death grip from her husband's neck. He had never seen his daughter act so volatile. 'Whatever happened to the times where Inuyasha brought out the good in my daughter?,' he reminisced.
"Inuyasha, throwing wine at Kagome was uncalled-for," Inutaisho growled, shooting a fierce stare at his son, golden eyes in narrowed slits. "You are supposed to respect and appreciate your mate, not humiliate and ridicule her in the presence of her friends and family. I should punish you for your actions toward her and for the way you made a mockery of the Takeda name." The taiyoukai cracked his knuckles, restraining himself from beating his son to a pulp. "You are no longer a child, but an adult, more or less. So you will be disciplined as such."
"And don't think you're off of the hook young lady," Hitomi rebuked at her daughter upon seeing Kagome fight back a sneer. "You are in as much trouble as he is. I also am ashamed at the way you behaved today. Your manner as a lady and a wife was absolutely horrendous. I raised you to be better than that Kagome and I expect you do conduct yourself like you have had some home training."
"But Mama, he started it," Kagome whined in an attempt to take some of the heat off of her. 'It's not my fault that Inuyasha is a complete ass,' she thought sourly to herself. 'I believe that fault derives from the union of his parents..'
Hitomi held up a hand. "I don't want to hear who started it. Today, I'm ending it. As of now, you two will be residing together, under the same roof, in a house not to far from the Takeda's mansion."
"WHAT!" they both screamed in unison jumping to their feet, eyes wide with surprise and outrage.
"I don't want to live with him! That would be like committing matrimonial suicide!"
Ryo rubbed his temples. He could feel an oncoming migraine pulsing in the back of his skull with a vengeance. "Kagome calm down. It won't be suicide. You don't even have to share the same room."
"I can't live with her! Do you now what that will do to my rep? What all of my will my women say?" Inuyasha growled at his parents. This was not happening. He could deal with being married to her, if and only if she remained as far away as possible from him. "I thought I would live in my home and she would live in hers!"
"Inuyasha, you're married now. That means no more free loading women, no more staying out all night getting drunk at bars, and no more clubbing, unless of course you take Kagome with you," Megumi stated matter of factly, though she seriously doubted they would be doing that together any time soon.
The hanyou plopped back onto the couch angrily. "I have officially died and gone to hell."
"What`s that supposed to mean!" Kagome barked at him irately.
"Living with you will be like dwelling with flesh eating, soul sucking, slaughter-loving demons from the underworld," he admitted deprecatingly.
Before she could launch herself at her husband in wild rage, Ryo seized, with some level of difficulty, his daughter by the waist. "Kagome," he said in a strained voice as he tried to detain her from molesting the hanyou any more today, "control yourself. Didn't your mother just tell you to that you need to act more like a lady?"
Hating the fact that he was right, Kagome stopped swinging and kicking and sagged against her father in defeat. When did her life start its downward spiral into oblivion? Oh right, the moment she said 'I do', no wait, it had to have been the moment he stepped back into her life.
"Its not like we're asking you to elope and bear us grandchildren…yet," Hitomi added and almost grinned when she saw horror and fear replace their livid expressions. "All we want you to do is remain respect and civil to one each other."
"Or at least in public," Inutaisho grumbled folding his arms.
"Please," Megumi pleaded with both the bride and groom, "if not for the sake of the company, then at least for us." She gave them the puppy dog eyes. Nobody could resist her puppy dog eyes.
'Damnit, I hate when she gives me that look,' Inuyasha thought in a huff. He loved his mother and would do anything to make her happy. Slowly he felt his resolve ebbing away. Crossing his arms in a fashion similar to his father's, he answered uncaringly, "Keh. I'll live with her, but I refuse to share the same bed with her."
"Like I would want you to," Kagome muttered crossly.
"And what about you, hime?" Ryo asked taking her hands in his. "Will you do this for me?"
She squirmed uneasily under everyone's heavy gaze. Kami, she hated being put on the spot. "Fine. I will live with him and I will be courteous to him when we are in public," Kagome replied reluctantly. Why did it feel as though she was selling her soul to the devil?
Both Megumi and Hitomi squealed in delight, ecstatic that their children had finally come to terms with one another. Inutaisho slapped the hanyou on the back grinning in pride. "You've made your old man proud, son!" he bellowed in a deep hearty voice as Inuyasha coughed and struggled to regain his composure after being struck by his father's powerful blow.
Ryo leaned over and brushed his lips across his daughter's cheeks. "You've made me the happiest man in the world just now. Thank you, hime."
Kagome shrugged indifferently. As the adults danced around, praising one another on their accomplishments and patting each other on the back, her gaze slid to the uptight dog-eared husband of hers. His wary golden eyes flicked from the idiotic antics of their parents only to lock on to the guarded azure irises of his wife. An unspoken truce passed between the two, going unnoticed by the others. Though there would always be an underlying abhorrence for each other, they would remain civil towards one another in public and only in public for the sake of their parents' sanity.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
It had taken a couple of days to settle into their new home. Under the watchful eyes of their parents, the newlyweds kept their promise of not creating any type of disturbance whatsoever. They didn't fight over who would get the master bedroom, in which was Kagome, they didn't argue over who would get the last piece of bacon, which was Kagome, and they didn't bicker over who would get the Aston Martin that was a gift from one of the board members, in which was Kagome. In fact, the place was so big that they barely saw each other although their rooms were on opposite sides of the hall. After observing that there would be no further conflict between the two, the parents then decided that it was time for their departure.
"And remember to behave yourselves," Hitomi reminded them as their limo pulled out of the winding driveway.
Kagome put a smile on her face and waved. "I will Mama! Take care! Bye!"
"Inuyasha, don't you disappoint me boy!" Inutaisho yelled out of the window as their limo followed the Higurashi's. “Stay out of trouble whelp!”
"Keh. Whatever old man," Inuyasha snorted, arms crossed in defiance. The old taiyoukai was becoming senile in his old age.
"I'm warning you! Don't make me come back up here and kick your…" His booming voice faded away as the limo exited the gates of their new estate.
Paying no heed to the girl beside him, Inuyasha reentered the mansion and took his cell phone from his pocket. "Oi, Miroku. Party at my place tonight at 8. Tell everybody."
Without waiting for a response, he flipped the phone back in its original state and headed to his room. Just because he was married didn't mean he couldn't have any fun.
Kagome gritted her teeth as she followed him in. "And what if I don't want a party here?"
Pausing at the base of the spiral staircase, he turned around and stared at her coldly. "It doesn't matter what you want or what you don't want to do. Now that our parents are gone, I don't give a damn what you want." He strode up to her so that he towered over her small frame. "While our parents were here, I appeased them by giving you all that you wanted. I spoke to you politely and I let you have your way. I even let you have the Aston Martin. But now all bets are off. I don't like you. I don't want you here. You have been a thorn in my side ever since the day I met you. So in other words…" Inuyasha jabbed her shoulder in a threateningly manner. "Stay out of my way wench."
Unruffled by his little speech, Kagome insolently glared up at him. "If you want to keep that finger, I suggest you remove it. We wouldn't want a repeat of what happened at the reception."
Inuyasha snorted. "Bitch, I let you win that little scuffle. If I really wanted to fight your puny ass, you would've been in a coma by now."
The hanyou yelped in surprise when she boldly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and jerked him down so that they were face to face. "Listen here you cocky bastard," Kagome forced through clenched teeth, "I am not one of your handmaids and I do not have to do what you tell me. You are not the boss of me and I don't have to listen to a damn thing you say. I will do as I please whether you like it or not. You stay out of my way unless you want another ass kicking."
Recovering, Inuyasha pried her hands from his shirt and glared at down at her. "Your empty threats mean nothing to me." He tightened his grip on her wrists. "I could shatter all of the bones in your wrists if I wanted to. And I wouldn't even feel the slightest shred of remorse."
Kagome winced inwardly as he applied even more pressure on her delicate wrists, but displayed no outward appearance of what she felt. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing her in pain. 'That's going to leave an ugly mark, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let this jerk get the best of me.' With this in mind, a renewed sense of determination overcame her.
Replacing her glare with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, Kagome stared sweetly up at him and batted her eyelashes. "Oh Inuyasha…" she trailed off, waywardness danced in her sapphire depths.
Taken aback by the sudden change in persona, Inuyasha began to get nervous. What the hell was wrong with her? "What?"
"I just wanted to give you my wedding gift, from me to you." Then, with all of the might the good Kami-sama bestowed upon her, Kagome rammed her knee into his groin with surprising speed and accuracy.
She smirked when his eyes transformed into giant saucers. "That'll teach you to mess with a Higurashi." His hands slipped from her wrists as he sunk in a boneless heap on the floor, clutching his precious crotch in obvious discomfort.
Guilt and concern gnawed away at Kagome as she left him in the middle of the floor writhing and moaning in pain. Maybe she went too far. She bit her lip. Kneeing a guy in his family jewels was a bit extreme. She glanced at her wrists, in which were now beginning to sport ugly blue and purple bruises from where he had gripped her wrists, and snubbed the worry she felt for the hanyou.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
"What is that all of that noise?" Ayame asked in annoyance. "You didn't throw a party and forgrt ask your best friends did you?"
Kagome sighed as she talked with her friends three way over the phone. "It's not my party. It's Inuyasha's," she replied spitting out his name like it was blasphemous to even be mentioned. "He called up all of his little friends as soon as our parents left and told them that there was a party at his place."
"Is this before or after you drove your knee into his nuts?" Sango asked innocently, though the underlying sarcasm was apparent to all.
"I believe that it was before," Kagome responded with mock haughtiness. "Besides, I don't think it could have been after seeing as though he wouldn't have been able to speak."
The girls on the opposite line laughed. A part of Kagome's spirit sank. She hadn't seen her friends in three days. She missed hanging out with them like a normal teenage girl. She should be out having fun instead of being holed up in the hellhole she was in with Lucifer himself. "I miss you guys," she whined in a pathetic voice.
"We miss you too. We would've come out to visit you but that's like a half hour drive and my mom simply will not let me borrow her car," Sango said dejectedly.
"Well maybe if you stopped using up all of her gas and forgetting refuel after you're done cruising the streets she would let you drive it more often," Ayame drew to attention.
"Don't get on my case," Sango retorted in an attempt to defend herself. "At least my license isn't suspended. I'm not the one that drives like a bat out of hell and runs over little old ladies."
"I didn't run over her," Ayame replied stiffly. "She jumped out of the way just in time. It was her own damn fault if you ask me. The elderly shouldn't be out at all hours of the night."
"It was 5 in the afternoon," Kagome put bluntly.
There was a pregnant on Ayame's end of the line before she spoke up again. "So Kag, when are we going to get to see your castle?" she asked smartly changing the subject. There was simply no need to dwell on the past. What was done was done.
A sudden idea struck Kagome. "Hey, why don't you guys come out here and stay for the summer? You all aren't doing anything and your company is so much better than my Inuyasha's."
Sango squealed. "That sounds so fun! Count me in! I need to get away from the house. Kohaku's friends keep asking me to be their girlfriends and trying to me to go on a date with them."
"Wow Sango, I think that's the first offer for a date you've had in a while," Ayame snickered good naturedly.
'Well I'm not the one pining over my best friends' boyfriend,' Sango thought, but wisely held her tongue. She had known Ayame had a thing for Kouga ever since the beginning, but had never commented on it. It wasn't her place to say anything and it would only result in heart ache and the possibility of their friendship disintegrating.
"So will you come Ayame?" Kagome inquired hopefully.
"Yeah, yeah. I've got nothing better to do anyways. And it would be fun to spend our last summer together before we go off to college."
"Good. I'll send the chauffeur to pick you guys up in the morning."
"K, and be sure to enjoy the party Kag," Ayame sang.
"But stay away from the alcohol," Sango warned. "We all know what happened the last time you got drunk."
Kagome grinned sheepishly at the thought of what happened at her bachelorette party. "It won't happen again. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Bye!"
They all said their farewells and hung up. In a better mood than what she was in before she called up her friends, Kagome slid off of the bed and stretched. The music that was playing downstairs had gotten increasingly louder by the hour. Now four hours later, the walls of her room were shaking and resounding with the deafening sound of their music.
More than a little pissed that she couldn't get any peace inside of her sanctuary, Kagome stalked out of her room. Wrinkling her nose in disgust at the stoned, the drunk, and those making out all along the hallway, she brushed pass them all without a second thought and headed down the steps and to where the life of the party was.
Kagome found that the foyer of the manor was littered with empty beer cans, trash, and people that had passed out. "I am going to kill him," she muttered angrily while stepping over the debris that had besieged the fine mansion.
The dining hall was in a worse shape than the atrium. Kagome stared in disbelief at the scene that lay before her. None of the parties she had been to had ever been like this. The beautiful golden tapestries, the striking embroidered table clothe, the rich taupe color of the carpet, and the stunning portraits that she had revered upon first sight, were all ruined. The tapestries lay in tatters under the feet of the people that were moving to the beat of the music, the table cloth had been ripped, the carpet was stained with dirt and beer stains, and the portraits had been either slashed or painted over with spray paint.
The pure destructiveness of it all was enough to give her a heart attack. This only added fuel to the inner fire that had been steadily been building within Kagome. Furious azure eyes sought the object of her wrath. As she scanned over the dancing mob of delinquents, until she found him sitting with some bimbo on top of him on the ten thousand dollar couch beside his friend Miroku, who was busy fondling some chick as well.
Miroku just happened to see the seething wife of his best friend enter the room. Sensing impending doom, he released the girl's rear and nudged his partner in crime. "Inuyasha."
The hanyou ignored the monk.
Annoyed now, Miroku tried again to get his friend's attention. "Inuyasha," he said louder and again was disregarded. Sighing regretfully, he turned back to the girl. "How about we finish this later? I have something to do first."
She smiled at him. "I'll be waiting Miroku-sama," she said and kissed his cheek.
Somewhat reluctant to leave the girl's side, Miroku weaved in and out of the crowd until he was face to face Kagome. "Kagome-sama, how nice of you to join us," he greeted her pleasantly.
Kagome snapped her attention from the scene on the couch to the smiling monk in front of her. "Move Miroku before I add you to my hit list." She tried to bypass him on the right.
He blocked her path, a smile still gracing his features. "Kagome-sama, have I ever told you that violence is never the answer."
"It is in this case! Now move!" She shoved him aside and continued walking toward her husband.
Miroku sighed heavily after apologizing to the couple he was thrown into and watched as the enraged woman approached his best friend. 'I guess Inuyasha is on his own. Hopefully this will end peacefully and without any incident.' Even to himself, he didn't sound very convincing. One could only hope for the best in this situation.
Inuyasha grinned seductively at the petit and intoxicated brunette in his arms. "You're so beautiful baby," he whispered softly into her ear and ran his claws down her forearm.
She shivered in response to his ministrations, then began giggling. "Oh Inuyasha, aren't you married now?" She giggled again when he began to place gently kisses on the back of her neck.
"Who lied to you?" He murmured into her skin and continued kissing her. "I'm a bachelor." He nuzzled her earlobe. "And you're the sexiest woman I've met in my life."
More giggling and hiccupping. "You're so gorgeous and charming Inu-kun."
"Charming my ass!"
Inuyasha jumped up at the sound of his wife's voice, resulting in the brunette falling off of his lap and to the floor. The rage blazing in her sapphire eyes made the hanyou gulp and inwardly cringe. Why the hell didn't Miroku tell him she was coming? He glanced to his right to see the opposite side of the couch unoccupied. Where the hell was he?
Steeling himself against her fury, he glared at her. "What the hell are you doing down here? I don't think I invited you to my party," he said over the music with false bravado.
Kagome's temper flared. This idiot had the audacity to question her right to be in her own home. Pissed, she yanked the remote control from his hands and switched off the music that had been booming from the giant amplifiers. Ignoring the protests and complaints from the occupants of the room, she fixed her glare on the hanyou in front of her. "What the hell did you do to this place? Don't you have any respect for your home?"
"Don't you have any respect for my balls which were practically sent up to my throat!" he shot back, his anger rivaling hers.
"I don't respect anything about you!" she spat throwing the remote against the wall.
People had begun creeping out of the room, afraid of the consequences that would befall them if they stayed to witness the wild woman's rage. "Look at what you did to this place! It's ruined."
Inuyasha rolled his eyes in irritation. "Calm down and stop having a damn hissy fit. It can all be replaced wench"
"That's not the point. I refuse to live in a pigsty and have all of my things ruined by your stupidity and ignorance!"
The brunette came out of her stupor and stood clumsily to her feet. Blinking in confusion at what just happened, she cocked her head to the side to get a better look at the clearly infuriated female. She tugged Inuyasha's shirt. "Hey, Inu-kun, what is her problem?"
The hanyou stared at his wife and smirked. "She's just angry because she can't get laid. Not even by her own boyfriend." The instant the words left his mouth, he instantly regretted it. Her face fell, her anger being replaced with a hurt that cut him to his heart.
Inuyasha shrugged off the brunette and took a step forward to apologize. "Kagome, I-"
Miroku, and everyone else that was left in the room, winced as the slap reverberated off the walls.
"I hate you Inuyasha," Kagome said bleakly, her face bowed so that her bangs hid her tears. "I wish I had never met you." Then she ran from the room, leaving a stunned and fairly hurt hanyou behind.
"Kagome," he murmured quietly, ignoring his throbbing cheek where she had slapped him and watched her retreat, "I didn't mean it."
.
.
.
.
.
.
End.
.
.
.
.
.
.
AN: Wow. Inuyasha can be a real jerk can't he? I feel so sorry for Kagome and what she has to put up with. Now I'm going to go work my other fic in which I have really neglected these past couple of weeks. Oh wait, I have another essay to do. :sighs dejectedly: Maybe I'll have to put it off again. :smacks forehead: Wait, I have to go study so I can get my learner's permit. :sighs again: I've got too many things to do.
Review and tell me what you think.
Next chapter: Will Inuyasha's apology be accepted? How will Kouga react when he finds out Kagome has been hurt?