InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The Mishap ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. That privilege belongs to the one…the only…Rumiko Takahashi!
AN: Hey people! I've got over 300 reviews! Thanks so much! I feel so darn special::throws crowd cookies and chocolate: I love you all. I never thought this would be so popular…more or less.
I would've made this better but…:looks over shoulder nervously: my mother wants me to give the computer a rest…for a long period of time. :whimpers at the thought: She just doesn't understand that I need to write my chappie. This is why I need a laptop.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
The Mishap
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
“That low down dirty bastard,” Sango muttered grumpily in a state of semi consciousness as she entered the kitchen the following morning. “I don't know why I agreed to go out with him in the first place.” She jerked the refrigerator open and took out a carton of orange juice, unmindful to the inquisitive stares of an audience as they ate breakfast around the table. “I can't believe he did that to me, and in public no less.” She slammed the door heatedly. “Stupid lecherous monk.”
“Is something wrong with Sango?” Shippou whispered, looking up into the one whose lap he was currently occupying with curious green eyes.
Kagome glanced down at the kit, squelching the sudden urge to squeal and hug him to death. He was so adorable. “She probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.”
“It has nothing to do with Sango waking up in a bad mood. She is always mentally unstable after experiencing a harrowing event,” Ayame stated casually while sipping her tea. “I believe that her present condition may have something to do with what happened on her date last night with Miroku.” A playful smirk graced the wolf's visage. “Care to divulge in what came about on your date, Sango-chan?”
With righteous anger engulfing her entire aura, the taijiya in training gritted her teeth and attempted to subdue the explosive fury she was feeling at the moment. Taking a calming breath, Sango exhaled coolly, her pulse beginning to return to its normal pace. “Last night Miroku took me out to eat at this nice restaurant in down town Tokyo-”
“You mean you finally went on a date with that lecherous monk?” Ayame inquired with a sly grin.
Sango narrowed her eyes across the table at her friend. “It wasn't a date, just a friend taking a friend out to eat at a nice place.” She continued, ignoring the cynical glances exchanged between the wolf youkai and Kagome. “So he took me out on the specified terms that he would not concede into any acts of lechery in my presence. And everything was going fine at first. Miroku was behaving like the perfect gentlemen, opening up and closing doors for me and always telling me how beautiful I looked and how lucky he was to have a chance to take me out.” Her brown eyes hardened. “But then-”

 
“-the food came,” Miroku told Kouga as they walked down the corridor toward the kitchen.
“That doesn't explain why your eye is black and blue,” Kouga smirked.
“That's not the only part of me that black and blue,” Miroku muttered, inwardly wincing at the component of the male anatomy that was essential to his child bearing efforts, and momentarily forgetting that about the wolf youkai`s hypersensitive hearing. “So the waitress comes with our food and that's where everything starts to go downhill.”

 
“Up until this point everything was going fine,” Sango went on, her voice getting tighter by the second. “And that's when he began showing his true colors. After the food was set on the table, I catch Miroku's hand hovering over her ass as the waitress turns to go-”
 

 
“-and I saw a piece of lint on the back of her pants, so I reach up to remove it when Sango kicks me for no apparent reason in my shin.”
 

 
“-Luckily, the waitress didn't turn to turn around and kept walking toward her next table. So I figured the evening was pretty much ruined because of his perverted desires. I told him that nothing could exist between us because of his lechery and as I get up to leave, Miroku rushes over to me, gets down on is knees, and practically begs me to stay.”
 

 
“And I tried to reason with her on grounds that my lechery is hereditary.”
Kouga snorted disdainfully. “Hereditary? That's the best excuse you could come up with.”
Innocence and naiveté glimmered in the monk's violet orbs as they walked down the hall toward the kitchen. “It wasn't an excuse. It was a perfectly logical explanation. But for reasons unknown, she refused to accept my validation and began to walk off, unaware that her dress had accidentally become caught under my knees.”

 
“So as I turn to walk away, he grabs the hem of my dress in a last desperate attempt to get me to stay, and ends up ripping the entire thing off of me!” A deep shade of red crept onto her cheeks, mortification pervading her soul at the embarrassing memory, which quickly turned anger when her companions, even the small kit, tried unsuccessfully to hold back their giggles and snickers.
“Sango, what did I tell you about buying dresses from those bargain stores,” Kagome giggled.
The taijiya's anger rose yet another notch. “Those stores have really good deals,” she said through gritted teeth.
“Must not be good enough if the material rips so easily,” Ayame howled with laughter.
Sango's eyebrow twitched. Where was the sympathy? The understanding? “I didn't think that this was a laughing matter,” she growled. “That was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life.”
“At least he didn't do it on purpose,” Shippou pointed out grinning.
“Yeah right,” Sango said scowling. “Just like I didn't beat the crap out of him after it was all over on purpose.”
“Kagome my love!” All head turned in the direction of the newcomers that had just entered the kitchen. Kouga's grin threatened to split his lips at the sight of his woman. Kagome slouched in uncomfortably in her seat. Ayame's heart skipped a beat. Miroku's eyes widened in appreciation. Sango stiffened. Shippou observed the range of expressions on everybody's faces with keen interest.
Sango got up. “I'll see you guys later. I have…stuff to do.” She left the room by way of the exit opposite that of the one the object of her frustration had entered through.
“Wait Sango, I need to have a word with you,” Miroku pleaded running after her.
She whirled around before he could come within three feet of her, her face twisted in a mask of fury and indignation. “Just stay away from me!” the taijiya hissed, “I want nothing to do with you any longer! Leave me alone and stay out of my life! There will never be anything between us…ever.” Sango stalked off toward her room, oblivious to the hurt and pain that she left the monk standing behind in.
“Why don't you go talk to Sango,” Kagome suggested to Ayame, hinting that she needed to break the news to Kouga about the status of their relationship.
Catching the insinuation, Ayame excused herself and ran off after their pissed friend.
“Want me to go talk to the lech? I could give him some helpful advice on how to win the heart of Sango,” Shippou proposed grinning up at his caretaker for the time being.
Kagome smiled down at the kit. He was taking the death of his family very well for one so young of age. “You go do that. He needs all the help he can get.”
“Ok.” The red headed child hopped off of her lap and dashed off in the direction that Miroku had slunk off to.
Misconstruing the motive behind Kagome removing the people from the kitchen, Kouga slid into the nearest seat next to her and pulled her into his lap. He buried his nose in her neck, inhaling her intoxicating scent. “Kagome,” he murmured rubbing his nose along her neckline as a sing of affection. “I miss having you in my arms.”
“Kouga,” Kagome squeaked in surprise from his lap and struggled to extricate herself from his hold. “We need to talk.”
“I don't want to talk.” He nibbled on her earlobe.
“Stop Kouga.” Kagome pushed herself off of him and glared at him. “This is important.”
He gave her a lazy grin, and stood up with her. Before she could react, the wolf youkai had pulled her into another embrace and began planting tiny kisses on her jaw line. “It can't be that important.” His hands slid down her side so that they rested lightly on the small of her back. “Inukuro doesn't know how to treat you, love,” he whispered softly against her cheek, failing to notice that it didn't produce any kind of response from Kagome. “We should run away Kagome. From all of this. From your oppressive marriage. From your overbearing parents. From everything.”
Kagome felt like crying out of frustration, knowing full well that it was someone else's kisses she wanted placed on her skin and knowing that it could never happen. He didn't want her, not now, not ever. He had a thousand different women that he could choose from. All more beautiful, all more sophisticated, all more experienced than she would ever be. And of course there was the little insignificant fact that he was into two timing women and hated her guts.
`Maybe I should just give in to Kouga,' Kagome speculated sadly closing her eyes and allowing his hands and his lips to roam freely.
`But what about Ayame?' a small voice in the back of her mind prodded.
Blue eyes snapped open. Ayame loved Kouga. She didn't. Kouga would never mean as much to her as another special someone did. “Stop Kouga,” she commanded, her voice dead serious.
Kouga frowned and pulled away, recognizing something was obviously wrong, but kept his hands on her back. “What is it?”
Kagome squirmed her way out of his grasp. Now, how was she going to do this delicately? “Kouga…” she started, fixing her stare on the black marble countertops instead of looking him in the eyes. “We have to end things between us. Indefinitely. I can't be with you anymore. Things are different now. I`m married and I have to uphold my position as a wife to Inuyasha.”
A low growl ripped its way through the wolf's chest, denial flashing in his cobalt eyes. “That stupid mutt doesn't give a damn about you. He has a hundred other women running around all over the city. I'm the only one that can give you what you want, what you deserve.” He attempted to recapture her arms, but she dodged his outreached hands.
“That`s not necessarily true Kouga,” she said softly, reluctantly dragging her gaze to meet his fierce one. “You deserve someone who will treat you with equal love and commitment. I can't do that. I…I don't love you.” There she had said it.
The muscle in Kouga's jaw twitched, his ears refusing to believe the words that had just flowed from her mouth. “Kagome…you don't mean that.”
“I'm so sorry Kouga, but I do.” Pain clinched her heart seeing the hurt she was inflicting on him, but he needed to know the truth. “I don't feel anything for you on that kind of level. I've always thought of you as a friend and you always will be one to me. But we can never be anything more than that.”
Kouga backed away from her. “You mean all the time that we've been together, all four years, you've never felt anything even close to love for me?” he asked quietly, hoping the pain and betrayal he felt didn't show in his voice.
Kagome bowed her head in an attempt to hide the tears brimming her eyes. She hated hurting people, especially those close to her. She had deceived him after all these years, after all he had done for her, after all of the love he had showered on her. “It's always been love as a friend, but never as a lover. I'm sorry Kouga. You should be with someone that can return your love like I can't.”
He didn't say anything. And with his back facing her, Kagome didn't know what kind of affect her news was having on him. “If it helps any, Ayame is head over heels in love with you,” she hinted softly, a hopeful lilt in her voice. “She has been ever since the first time she laid eyes on you.”
Kouga's head immediately snapped up at the proclamation and for a second, Kagome believed that he felt the same way about her friend, but that was before he turned around, his cobalt eyes ablaze with anger and resentment. “She put you up to this didn't she?”
“No, that`s not what I me-”
A calloused finger silenced her flow of words. A small smile upturned the corners of his lips as he placed a gentle kiss on forehead. “You are so considerate and sweet, my Kagome. You're always thinking of the well being of others before yourself. That's one of the things I love about you. You don't have to lie to me because Ayame is in love with me. I love you and only you.” After kissing her nose, Kouga left a very frustrated Kagome in the kitchen.
“Leave it to Kouga to be so dense,” Kagome sighed. She had a feeling she had just made things worst rather than better. Now Ayame had even less of a chance of getting Kouga to fall in love with her than before. “I'd better go talk to him,” she mumbled and ventured out of the kitchen to find him.
She frowned, looking to the right and left of the hall. “Now where did he run off to?” Figuring that he had retreated to his room, Kagome headed for the foyer, arriving there just in time to see the front doors swing open forcefully.
Kagome blinked in surprise when Inuyasha stormed into the house and jumped when he slammed the doors shut angrily. She was even more surprised to see him sporting what he had left yesterday wearing, except now his black silk shirt and khakis looked a little worn for the wear. The beautiful hair that had been neatly combed and fashioned to perfection, was now tousled in tangles. How he managed to look incredibly sexy when he looked like hell was beyond her. “Inuyasha?” she called to him hesitantly, unnerved by his disheveled appearance.
Sharp golden eyes instantly focused on hers. “You!” he barked, fangs bared and ears flattened atop his skull as he started to slowly approach her. “You are the bane of my misery. Its your fault I'm confined to stupid human union. It's your fault I'm restricted to this stupid little house.” As he moved in closer, Kagome found herself backing up. “It's your fault I have to go to that stupid internship in Hawaii.”
The wall met Kagome's back. Her heartbeat increased. She had been cornered. Growling faintly, Inuyasha planted his hands on the wall behind her, effectively entrapping her head between his arms, forcing her to look directly at him. “And its your fault I couldn't screw my French fox last night,” he growled softly, but it had been enough for Kagome to hear and enough to spark flames of fury toward the hanyou.
“You bastard, how dare you insinuate that I had something do with issues that you obviously need to take up with your parents!” she snapped fervidly. “Especially with your sleazy sex slut!”
“Clarice is not a slut, bitch!”
“Don't call me a bitch, asshole! Why would I have anything to do with your mistress!”
Inuyasha brought his head in lower to hers so that their noses were almost touching. “Wench, because of you, I had absolutely no desire to take her last night.” Kagome shivered, his warm breath and sending frissons of pleasure throughout her system. `No, not this again.'
Turning his face slightly, Inuyasha began nuzzling her cheek, unhurriedly moving toward her right ear. “Even when she was naked and jiggling her goodies for me, all I could think of the way your body looked. How yours felt against mine. The way you made me feel,” he whispered into her ear.
Kagome gulped nervously as he shifted his body so that he was pressed partially against her. With his claws finding themselves tangled in her raven black locks, Inuyasha drew her closer to his long muscular length so that his body covered hers fully. He resisted the urge to smirk when he felt her shudder against him.
“I-Inuyasha,” she stammered slightly, unsure of what exactly was occurring, “what are you doing?” She peered inquisitively into the molten pools of gold swirling with a myriad of emotions, some of which repulsed, frightened, and excited her to some extent. Tentatively, Kagome lifted her hand and gently laid it across his warm forehead, searching for some indication as to why he was acting so strangely. Perhaps he was sick or had a fever or had drunk too much.
Inuyasha visibly relaxed with her cool hand splayed across his temple. It just felt so right to have her by his side. Maybe that was why he couldn't go through with having sex with Clarice, or any other chick for that matter. Although they had not done as of yet, he'd been planning on it for some time, but that all changed once Kagome entered the picture. He had driven around for hours trying to find some clarity on their complicated love/hate relationship, and was still no closer to the answer than he was when he had left the club.
For some strange reason, the slightest touch from Kagome could send him reeling, yearning for her warmth, her body, her passion and at other times was enough to calm his most turbulent of emotions. `Maybe we should just forget about the past and move on,' Inuyasha mused shutting his eyes as her hand slid to his cheek and inhaled the sweet scent of jasmine he fancied so much, but immediately stiffened upon realizing something.
Kagome, who was too wrapped up in enjoying the feel of the smooth cantors of Inuyasha's face, fell short of realizing the hanyou's sudden change in demeanor. “You treacherous bitch,” she heard him growl and was startled to see hatred flashing through his amber irises, which had only a moment ago been filled with desire and some form of affection and serenity.
“What are you talk about?” she questioned withdrawing her hand in confusion.
Inuyasha took another whiff of her scent, and wrinkled his nose in repugnance when the mangy wolf's pungent stench entered his nostrils. “Why is that wolf's odor all over you?” he demanded angrily, retracting his claws from her tresses. “You fucking slut! You slept with him didn't you?”
“I didn't sleep Kouga!” Kagome snapped indignantly, her anger spiking to immeasurable heights at the prospect of him assuming that such a thing could occur between her and someone she didn't love with all of her heart. “And where do you get off calling me a slut, you man whore! You're the one going out every night trying to see how many girls' panties you can get into!” She shoved him out of her way and walked toward the spiral staircase. “I'm going to finishing packing. You can take your dirty presumptions and go to hell!”
Red began to steal into his fiery golden orbs. “I'm not finished talking to you!” he barked and reached for her arm.
“SIT!”
The hanyou spewed an assortment of colorful phrases as he came crashing to the ground inches from her feet. “Stupid wench!” Inuyasha strained to glare at her from his prostrate position on the floor. “Why the hell did…” He trailed off as soon as he saw the steady trickle of tears stream down her face, guilt beginning to gnaw at his heart for making her cry.
“Inuyasha, you're such a bastard,” Kagome said in a voice barely above a whisper, her tone laced with hurt and underlying bitterness. “I told you before that I would never sleep with just anybody, but someone I love and trust with all my heart. Regrettably that person is not Kouga, though I sometimes wish it were so that I would be spared the pain and heartbreak from another. My virginity means a lot to me though I don't know if I can say the same for yourself. So I would appreciate it if you'd stop presuming that I'd just throw myself to anyone, yourself included.”
From his horizontal spot on the marble tiles, Inuyasha watched as Kagome walked away, her shoulders hunched and her eyes shielded by her bangs from view. A heavy sigh escaped him. The perplexity of his current circumstance was increasing tenfold with the passing of each day. He hated Kagome, that much he did know. Yes, he hated her for making his life hell when they were younger, but he also hated her for being a continual source of happiness and enthusiasm, for being a preppy little schoolgirl, for the way she made him feel, for the state of confusion she left his mind in every time they came across each other, for soothing his inner being one second and setting his blood on fire with desire the next, for being the one person he could trust to always be there for him even when the world was against him.
Growling at his last couple of thoughts, Inuyasha pushed himself off of the ground and to his feet, the subduing spell long since worn off. `Damn her.' She was always on his mind, a continual annoyance that he fell short of eradicating.
A deep scowl marred the hanyou's tanned features at this. He had a feeling that this little excursion to Hawaii would only make things worst.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
Kagome stared out of the tinted window of the limousine, silently watching the scenery fly by as they gradually made their way to the airport. She hated saying goodbyes, even if they were only for a short period of time. Four o'clock had come sooner rather than later. The limo had pulled up to the house a few minutes before three and a big, burly looking neko youkai with apathetic brown eyes, which happened to be the chauffeur that their parents had sent, stepped out and put their luggage into the trunk.
Inuyasha had got in without saying good bye to anybody while Kagome had spent the next twenty minutes saying her farewells to her friends, promising to bring back souvenirs and reassuring the small kitsune, who had begged and pleaded to go with them, that she would be back in a month or two and that her friends would watch out for him. The reassurance probably meant nothing to him.
Kouga, for reasons unknown, couldn't be found when it was time for her to leave. She had tried to talk to him after her encounter earlier with Inuyasha, but found that his Mustang wasn't in the garage. Kagome frowned. She had forgotten to speak with Ayame about the incident in the kitchen. Making a mental note to inform the wolf youkai before she made a move on her love, Kagome continued to look out of the window, ignoring the silence of the interior due to the thick tension that lay between the hanyou and herself.
Inuyasha shifted on the leather seats in an attempt to get more comfortable. The friction in the limo was enough to make his hair frizz. They hadn't spoken a word towards each other since that morning, which was almost certainly the fault of him since he couldn't form the words to act contrite. Although the remorse he felt for calling Kagome a slut lashed out unrelentingly at his conscious, he refused to give in. There was no way he was going to apologize until she did first for calling him a man whore.
So he contented himself with staring out the window until they arrived at their destination, which was pointless since the limo came to a halt. Anxious to get out of the friction laden vehicle, Inuyasha stepped out first and observed his surroundings with little amusement. “What are you, stupid or something fur ball?” he inquired dryly to the driver, who had began removing their things from the trunk. “This isn't the airport, it's an airstrip.”
“No shit Sherlock,” the neko youkai replied coldly, his hands full of bags as he approached the plane. “Your parents decided you two would want a little alone time so arranged for you to fly to Hawaii in their private jet. How nice of them.”
“Nice isn't exactly the word I had in mind,” Kagome muttered brushing pass the hanyou and following the chauffeur on board.
“Oh, now you decide to speak. I was beginning to think that the cat had your tongue.” A sneer upturned the corners of his lips. “Get it? Cat got your tongue? The fur ball driver had your tongue.”
Both Kagome and the neko youkai glared at him.
“You two have no sense of humor,” Inuyasha mumbled brushing pass them and entering the lounge area of the cabin.
“You are such an ass Inuyasha,” Kagome said sitting down in one of the plush chairs once the driver was out of earshot.
The golden eyed individual shrugged indifferently at the insult. “Comes with the territory babe.”
The appearance of another neko youkai, presumably the pilot since he was clad in pilot like apparel, stopped Kagome from coming back with another smart retort. “Hello young lovers,” he grinned, revealing a set of ivory fangs in an unthreatening fashion, his maroon colored orbs sparkling with enthusiasm and mirth. “My name is Arashi and I'll be your pilot for the duration of your flight. So you folks are going to Hawaii? Beautiful place if I do say so myself. I've been there a couple of times and it is absolutely gorgeous, a wonderful place to let loose, enjoy yourselves, and make love from dawn 'til dusk on the exquisite beaches.” He winked.
The newlyweds stifled their groans, but couldn't stop the red from coloring their cheeks.
“If you have any questions, comments, or fears, just let me know and I'll be sure to answer them to the best of my ability. Now if you're all set, buckle in and get ready for take off. Enjoy your flight kids.” With another wink, Arashi left them and returned to the cockpit.
“What a fruit,” Inuyasha snickered buckling his seatbelt.
Kagome disregarded his rude comment and strapped in. Hopefully this wouldn't be a very long trip.
“Have nice flight,” the chauffeur said icily while shutting the door, a glint of satisfaction flickering through his cold brown eyes before closing the exit entirely.
His tone, and something about the way he looked at them, sent shivers down Kagome's spine. There was something not quite right with that youkai.
Two hours after take off and Inuyasha was tapping his claws impatiently on the armrest. The movie playing on the flat screen TV was not worth his attention. Why the hell their parents would pick some sappy romance to show them on this long ass flight was beyond his comprehension. They knew he hated this kind of crap. Yawning loudly, the hanyou turned his attention to Kagome, who was already engrossed in the film.
“Oi wench.”
He frowned when he go no response. “I'm talking to you.”
Her blue eyes remained on the screen.
Irritated now, Inuyasha grabbed the remote and flicked off the power. Smirking haughtily, he glanced back to Kagome, who had put on her headphones and was now leaning back in the reclining chair, eyes closed.
“Would you listen to me!” He snatched the cd player out of her hand and yanked back her earphones.
Kagome's eyes flew open. There was no trace of anger, no trace of sadness, only weariness. The kind that came when one was fed up with putting up with ignorance and stupidity of all sorts. “What do you want Inuyasha?” she asked in an tired voice.
The heartstrings in his chest tugged a bit at the sound of exhaustion in her voice. Where was the anger? The passion? The hatred? “What the hell is your problem?” he demanded suspiciously.
A finely arched brow rose in response. “My problem? I have no problems, save for the one in front of me. Now would you please give me back my cd player so I can listen to my music in peace?”
“Not until you listen to what I have to say.”
“And what could you possibly have to say that I would be interested in?” she inquired sourly.
Inuyasha tried to push down the arising anger within himself. “I just wanted to…” Why was it so hard to get the words out? “I wanted to…apologize for earlier, when I called you a slut and assumed you slept with that mangy wolf,” he mumbled, keeping his eyes fixated on the floor.
Kagome sighed. “Do you really expect me to forgive you every time you spew harebrained accusations at me?”
“Why shouldn't you?” Inuyasha frowned. “I said I was sorry. That should suffice. Now accept it so my conscious can be clear.” He mentally slapped himself the instant the words left his mouth.
“So that's the only reason you wanted to apologize!” she snapped. “You only wanted to clear your conscious! I can't believe you! For a moment there I actually thought you had sprouted a heart! I guess I was wrong!”
“Dammit! I didn't mean it like that!” he shot back hotly. “What I meant was-!”
“I don't care what you meant! Just leave me alone you jerk! I-!” The sudden jerking of the plane caused Kagome to choke on her words, and concurrently, throwing her against Inuyasha, both of them ending up on the floor.
“What the hell is going on?” Inuyasha growled on the carpeted floor, one arm loosely draped around a whimpering Kagome. The unexpected fluctuation of the jet's flight pattern caused various objects in the cabin to come hurtling the floor and into the walls. Inuyasha tucked the frightened girl under his chin and cradled her in the security of his arms so that the lying objects wouldn't hit her.
“Inuyasha, what's happening,” Kagome said stifling a sob. This was scarier than swerving out of control in his Ferrari. At least then they had been on the ground.
“I don't know, but I'm going to find out.” Gently prying her arms from off of his waist, Inuyasha unsteadily came to his feet, then helped Kagome to hers. “Stay here, I'm going to check with Arashi,” he ordered pushing her against the wall.
Kagome nodded, unable to form comprehendible sentences in her state, and clung to the wall for dear life.
After seeing that she was safe, the hanyou shakily stumbled to the cockpit. Something was wrong. With his acute hearing, he had noticed that the jet was no longer on a steady course, but kept that piece of information to himself once so he wouldn't scare Kagome. Instead of flying in a horizontal direction, it felt as if the jet was doing a subtle nosedive. Inuyasha kicked open the door to the cockpit. “Arashi, what the fuck…” He trailed off once noticing that he was talking to himself.
Fear tightened in Kagome's chest with the passing of every second. The plane was plunging out of the sky. She could feel it. What was going on? Was there something wrong with controls? Relief filtered through her system when Inuyasha came back. She hated being alone. But the sense of relief quickly vanished after seeing the tightness in his facial muscles. “Inuyasha? What's happening to the plane? Where's Arashi?”
The hanyou didn't say anything for a moment. His golden orbs betrayed nothing of what he was feeling at the moment. “He's not here, neither is the co pilot.” He staggered over to where she stood.
A lump lodged itself in her throat. “Inuyasha?” Tears began brimming her eyes.
A surge of turbulence shook the cabin of the tiny jet, making Kagome loose her footing, but Inuyasha caught and pinned her against the wall of the cabin, bracing both of them so that they wouldn't fall with the other debris that littered the floor. “Kagome,” he began tensely, “the pilots are gone. There's no trace of them on this plane. It's like they disappeared out of thin air.”
Kagome's heart constricted. “But we can still operate the plane and radio someone to help us fly it to Hawaii…right?”
The muscle in his jaw twitched, his amber eyes hardened. “All of the controls…all of them are destroyed. The only thing that's left is bits and pieces of scrap metal and torn wires. Even the radio is smashed. It looks like someone had taken a baseball bat and beat the shit out of everything. I couldn't even find parachutes.”
If Inuyasha hadn't been holding her up, Kagome would've sunk to the floor. This couldn't be the end of her life. It just couldn't be. There were so many things she wanted to do, to experience. Hot tears rolled down her face. At least she got to say goodbye to everyone.
“Kagome…do you trust me?” Inuyasha asked softly to the girl in his arms, staring out of the window at the setting sun behind her.
Water filled blue eyes looked up at him in confusion. “What do you mean?” she choked back a sob.
“Just answer the question. Do you trust me?” he asked her somewhat edgily. Their altitude was decreasing…fast. She needed to make up her mind.
Kagome looked into his calm golden orbs. Sometimes he was so much like Sesshoumaru that it was scary. A part of her hated Inuyasha. A part of her adored him. He may act like an ass ninety percent of the time they were together, but whenever it came to her safety and well being, she knew that he would always be there for her and protect her unfailingly. “I trust you with my life, Inuyasha.”
He nodded, relief flashing in his eyes for a fleeting moment. “We're going to jump.”
Kagome stared at him as if he were crazy, all thought of him protecting her vanishing from her mind. “Are you nuts! That`s suicide! We could stay on the plane for that!” She screamed at him as he extricated himself from her grasp and moved toward the cabin door.
With a cocky grin on his face, Inuyasha kicked the door open. Kagome squealed and grabbed onto the chair when a sudden rush of air filtered into the jet, ripping and tearing and throwing everything out of the plane and into oblivion.
“You are one demented fool!” Kagome yelled over the ripping winds at the individual who was quickly approaching her.
Prying her hands from the chair, Inuyasha led her over toward the opening. Their hair whipped to and fro with the increasing speed of every passing second. “You said you trusted me,” he said smirking. “So hold on.”
Kagome latched on to his waist. “Inuyasha,” she started hesitantly.
His eyes softened at her timidity. “I won't let anything happen to you, you know that. So just trust me.”
Putting faith in his motives, Kagome let him guide her over to the edge of the door, or where the door had previously been. She buried her face deeper into his chest, the raging winds slapping and thrashing around them. Tucking her tightly into his muscular form so that she melded perfectly against him, Inuyasha, without a second thought or hesitation, jumped into the ocean.
.
.
.
.
.
End.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
AN: And I bet you all were waiting for them to go to Hawaii. Sorry for those that are disappointed, but I never really did intend for them to go to the islands…well those islands anyway.
I'm such a meanie for leaving this bad cliffy, and bad chapter at that. But then again, it is four in the morning and I do have to get up at eight for a road trip. :yawns and stretches: Forgive me for all of the errors and such. I'll fix it all after I come back from my little vacation in Virginia. -
Review and tell me what you think! Feedback is always appreciated. -