InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Til Death Do Us Part ❯ The Island ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Look at chapter 1 for if you're confused about who owns what.

An: You know your feedback and insight and comments make my day. Especially since my life is so hectic as of now. At least I had a bit of a break in Norfolk, Va. with my grandfather's good cooking and satellite tv. Sorry about the late update, but its that time of year. My prom is in a couple of weeks, as are my finals and AP exams, all three of them, so I have to put in major study time. It doesn't help that my AP biology teacher got knocked up at the beginning of the school year and had her baby a couple of months ago, making us students miss about 2 ½ months of instructional time. Wonderful.

Anyway, thanks guys for your continual support and patience. You're going to have to be especially tolerant with me over the next couple of weeks since I'm about to get out of school and need this time to prepare to graduate. I do appreciate all of the feedback you guys bestow upon little ole me. I hope you enjoy the chappie you all have so patiently waited for.

The Island

With her legs folded beneath her in classic Indian style and her fingers continuously massaging her temple in circular motions as an attempt to assuage her headache and the stress that had accumulated over the past couple of days, Sango inhaled deeply, held it for a moment, then exhaled. "Oooooossssaaaa," she breathed, releasing all of the negative thoughts and feelings that had bogged her down, or in other words, the memories of the date with Miroku and the embarrassment, in public no less, he put her through. Even though a day had passed since the incident took place, the mortification was still fresh in her mind.

Sango bristled at the cogitation, but kept her upright form from slouching, her eyelids remaining shut though she desperately wanted to open them and glare at something just to make her feel better. 'No. Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.' She relaxed as images of purple ponies and white unicorns filtered into her mind.

Sucking in yet another lungful of air, Sango held it for a moment before letting it all out in one breathy sigh. "Oooooossssaaaa," she exhaled once more, and was pleasantly surprised when some of the tension that had been knotted in her upper back muscles uncoiled, leaving her with a sort of contentment and inner peace. 'Ayame was right. This meditation stuff isn't half bad at all.' Somewhat uplifted by the diminution of her high strung state, Sango continued her breathing exercises, unaware that she had an audience.

Shippou cocked his head to the side with inquiry, the wheels in his mind slowly turning in an effort to fathom what in the world his current caretaker was doing. Slightly amused and slightly disturbed by her antics, the young kit tentatively approached the cross legged girl, his ears twitching every so often at the breathy, jumbled words that passed through her lips that even his sensitive hearing couldn't decipher the meaning of.

Placing his small claws lightly on her knee, Shippou peered curiously at the muscles in her face that noticeably relaxed every time she inhaled and exhaled, all the while repeating the same foreign string of words he was unfamiliar with. The kit cleared his throat to announce his presence and waited expectantly for her response.

Neither opening her eyes or even sensing the presence of another in the room with her, Sango continued her meditation, unmindful to the tiny child before her.

Frowning when she failed to acknowledge his presence, Shippou clambered on top of his caretaker's lap and stood on his hind legs so that they were eye level. "Oi, Sango?"

The sound of a child's voice drifted into her subconscious, momentarily disrupting her train of thought and shattering what little concentration she did possess. Confused as to why her focus was broken, Sango opened her eyes to find herself face to face with cherub faced, green orbed sprite that was standing on her lap. Screaming, the taijiya in training, whose ancestors had braved the fiercest of youkai twenty times their own height and the perils of an undomesticated time era, smacked the creature off of her lap, rolled onto her side and scrambled behind the nearest sofa.

"Oww Sango! What did you do that for?" the tiny kit wailed from his face up position on the floor.

"Shippou?" Perplexed, she peeked out from behind the sofa, relief instantly replacing the apprehension that had graced her features only a few moments ago. "Its only you." A sheepish grin upturned the corners of her mouth as she emerged from her temporary hiding place. "Sorry about that. You just kind startled me." She rubbed her eyes. "That idiot has really got my nerves worked up."

Recovering, Shippou hopped to his feet. "What were you doing?"

"Well," she began, reclaiming her former cross legged position on the floor she once had before an interruption presented itself in the form of a kitsune, "I was trying to alleviate my stress and tension through steady repetitions of controlled breathing patterns while relaxing my muscles and letting my mind wander to another place and time in order to achieve the maximum stress relief environment."

Shippou stared at her blankly.

"In other worlds, I'm trying to calm the turmoil in my inner being," she offered upon realizing that he didn't have a clue what she was talking about.

Understanding dawned in Shippou's eyes at this. "Because Miroku embarrassed your inner and outer being when he tore off you dress in public?" he questioned in an innocent manner.

The hairs on the back of her neck stood up, suppressed anger beginning to bubble within in her. "Yes, because of that," she said in a tight voice. "Why don't you go play with the toys Kagome bought you. I'm sure that's by far more interesting than watching me sit here and breath."

Shippou's ears and tail wilted sadly. "I miss Kagome. We played together yesterday before she left. She was fun to play with. Nobody plays with me like Kagome does."

Sympathy replaced the anger as Sango looked at the kit. Her brown eyes widened as an idea struck her. "How about I play with you in twenty minutes, right after I'm done with my meditation? Would you like that?"

Shippou immediately perked up. "Really? You'd do that for me?" he asked, happiness shining in his big green orbs as he bounced up and down with barely contained enthusiasm.

Sango laughed at his childlike display of glee. "Anything you want. I promised Kagome that I'd look out for you while she was gone and I will."

The kit squealed with joy. "Thanks Sango! I'll go wait for outside! I'll be real patient and quiet so you can get done soon!" He bounded out of the room in a flash, ecstatic that he had a new playmate. He wouldn't be lonely without Kagome after all.

Chuckling lightly to herself, Sango closed her eyes and returned to her previous activity. Mentally preparing her mind to enter a state of complete relaxation, Sango took in a deep lungful of air. "Oooooossssaaaa."

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Growling at the unwelcome intrusion, Sango's eyelids snapped open irritation. "Kouga? What are you doing here? And why didn't you say good bye to Kagome and Inuyasha before they left?"

The wolf youkai smirked cockily as he leaned on the doorframe of the room. "I had important business to take care of."

Sango's eyes narrowed. This guy was just too much. "More important than saying good bye to Kagome, who will be gone for the duration of the summer?"

Kouga grinned and waved a white envelope in the air. "I didn't say farewell because in a couple of days, I'll be joining her." His grin widened at the girl's bemused expression. "I went to pick up my ticket to Hawaii. You didn't really expect me to sit back and let my woman go to the islands all alone with mutt face did you? So yesterday, I put in the call to the airline services and ordered a one way ticket to Hawaii."

There was a pregnant pause on Sango's part as she digested this new information. There was never a dull moment in this house. "Umm, Kouga? Didn't Kagome already talk to you about where your….relationship stands as of now?"

His grin faded, his cobalt orbs becoming clouded over with some inexplicable emotion. "Actually, we did have a heart to heart the morning before she left, and I learned some very disturbing things," he revealed solemnly, his thoughts turning to what Kagome had said earlier about Ayame's infatuation with him, which inevitability led to Kagome's lying about her feelings for him in order for her friend to get what she wanted.

'So Kagome did tell him that she didn't love him after all,' Sango mused, thinking that Kouga now knew that Kagome didn't love him as he loved her. "I see that you've taking this surprisingly well."

The wolf youkai shrugged indifferently. "I'm just glad everything's out in the open now and not behind closed doors." He shook his head broodingly at the thought of the extent of Ayame's jealousy and greed. "I would've never have guessed that about her. That just goes to show you that people aren't always what they seem."

Sango nodded in agreement since she could relate, then changed the subject. "So what are you going to about Ayame? Are you going to tell her how you feel about this whole situation?" She inquired, ignorant to the fact that they were both on different pages.

"I don't know. Its just a lot to deal with right now. I've always thought of her as a friend. I had no idea she was harboring such strong emotions for me." Detaching himself from the doorframe, Kouga stretched. "Well, I'm going to start packing. My plane leaves tomorrow afternoon and I don't want to miss it. I'll catch you later."

"Bye." 'Wait, why would he be going to see Kagome if he knows that Ayame is in love with him?' Confusion stirred her mind, prohibiting her from sinking back into the mental state of relaxation and peace that was necessary in order for her to be in a stress free environment. With construing the complex love triangle between her friends bringing about another round of headaches, Sango decided to drop the confounding issue for now and closed her eyes once more. 'Maybe now I will be able to do my meditation without any hindrances.'

No sooner had she began shutting her mind off to the world, when a subtle knock on the doorframe of the entrance brought her back to reality. "What now Kouga?" she asked not bothering to open her eyes.

A throat was cleared in uncertainty and light footsteps began making their way into the interior of the meditation room where she sat cross legged on the floor. "Sango? May I have a word or two with you?"

The taijiya's back stiffened at the sound of the monk's silky voice. "And what do you want?" she asked coldly, opening her eyes to glare at the nuisance that made it his business to inconvenience and hassle her as he cautiously approached her, his hands behind his back. Ignoring the way her heart began to beat wildly when the scent of his musky, tantalizing cologne wafted into her nose and the way the guilt and remorse his mauve colored eyes pulled at her heartstrings, she retained her erect position as he stopped a few feet in front of her.

Miroku offered a small smile to signify that he meant no harm, his hands remaining in their concealed position behind him. "Why hello my dear Sango. How are you faring this fine morning?"

A reproachful glare was all he received in response.

The monk shifted nervously in his spot. Somehow he didn't expect an apology would be so hard to get out, and it wasn't helping that Sango looked like she wanted to jump up and tear his spleen out with her teeth. Miroku inwardly winced at the thought. Putting on one of his best award winning smiles on his face, he took another bold step toward the sitting taijiya. "Sango, I come to you today in peace and in hopes that we can put the incident at the restaurant behind us and move on with our lives."

She continued to stare at him in disdain.

He silently groaned in frustration. Why did the woman he fancied have to be so stubborn and pig headed? Not to be deterred from his mission, Miroku persisted with his appeal. "And this humble servant of Buddha would like to offer you a gift as a way of saying I'm sorry for what happened the other night."

The muscle in her jaw twitched. "Do you really thing you can just buy me off with one of your cheap gi-" Her flow of words ceased to spill from her lips as he brought his hands from behind her back and presented her with a token of his affection and as his act of contrition.

The tiny neko youkai in his hands opened her crimson eyes slowly to stare at her new master inquisitively. Lustrous beige fur covered her lithe frame, save for her ears, which were splattered with black, and the bottoms of her paws that seemed to have been dipped in black. Double striped tails wagged to and fro in enthusiasm as the feline cocked her head to the side, a black diamond shaped mark gracing the center of her face.

Unable to contain her excitement and further, Sango squealed in delight and jumped to her feet. "She is so beautiful," the taijiya exclaimed ecstatically while taking the tiny creature from his hands, her anger at the monk forgotten in her blissful state.

'Not as beautiful as you, Sango,' Miroku thought grinning as he gazed at the object of his desires while she danced around with neko youkai in her arms. After Shippou had suggested that he should give her a present for humiliating her in public the other day, he had immediately assumed that she would love something cute and furry. And the neko youkai he had seen at the pet store the previous day seemed perfect for her. It was the least he could do to still the turbulence he sensed within her spirit.

"Thank you so much Miroku," Sango voice brought him back to reality. "This is the best gift anyone has ever given me. Thank you." She rose on her tip toes and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek, obviously too caught up in the thrill of having a pet to notice who exactly she was showing affection to.

A light blush stole across his cheeks. He definitely hadn't been expecting that. "Uh, you're welcome Sango dearest. I'd do anything to see that big beautiful smile of yours," Miroku smiled, glad to see that her usual scowl had departed from her captivating face.

"I think I'll name you….Kirara," Sango said stroking her velvety ears. "A pretty name for such a pretty creature as yourself."

Kirara mewled cutely in response, as if to agree with her master's words on both the name and the pretty comment about herself.

"Come on. I want to show you around and let you meet the household. Shippou will be so pleased to have a new playmate." Without a second glance to the beaming monk or a second thought towards her meditation, Sango left with her new pet in her arms.

Miroku pouted. No more kisses and hugs for him? No declarations of love? His brows knitted together in frustration and confusion. Instead of praising and lavishing him with attention, she was bestowing it all upon the small feline. Perhaps he should have rethought his choice of gifts. The only up side was that she was no longer angry at him for "accidentally" ripping off her dress.

'Maybe if I give her a dog she'll agree to go on another date with me,' Miroku thought to himself as he departed from the meditation room, a smile lighting up his features as he explored the possibilities of his options.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The pounding of waves crashing onto a shoreline extracted a sleeping hanyou from the depths of unconsciousness. The first thing Inuyasha noticed as the haze of fogginess that cloaked his brain retreated back to whence it came was the smell of salt water that teased his senses. Warm rays of the sun permeated through his soaked clothing and infused his energy deprived body with heat, giving him the will to come to his senses.

Vaguely aware that something lay on top of him and that something gritty lay under him, Inuyasha opened his eyes and immediately regretted it as the intense emission of the sun penetrated his sight. Waiting until the momentary blindness wore off, Inuyasha lay there with his eyes closed again as he tried to recall what happened the previous day and why the hell he was laying on a beach. His face scrunched up in concentration. Hawaii. Plane. No pilots. Destroyed controls. Jumping into the ocean with Kagome…Kagome.

Slightly panicked, his eyes snapped open instantaneously at the thought of her as he disregarded the piercing light from above. Did she make it? Had he lost her at sea? Did she survive the jump? Remembering the light weight on top of him, the hanyou glanced hurriedly down and relaxed when he saw her sleeping form still cradled in his arms. Wisps of damp hair clung to her pale face. Her delicate arms were still tightly wrapped around his torso, as if afraid he would leave her.

'She looks like a sleeping angel,' Inuyasha observed with a small smile as he brought one of his claws to her face and gently brushed the raven locks that were plastered to her face back behind her ear. But his smile quickly turned upside down, his blood turning to ice in his veins. 'Shit. She isn't breathing.' Swiftly extricating himself from her constricting grasp, Inuyasha turned the girl on her back all the while keeping his fear in check. This wasn't the time to panic.

Fumbling for her arm, the hanyou checked her wrist for a pulse and cursed in frustration when he couldn't find one. "Fuck, Kagome you had better not be dead." Restraining the anxiety that had steadily began to run rampant within himself, Inuyasha placed an ear above her left breast and mentally breathed a sigh of relief when he heard her heart quietly pounding in her chest. It was faint, but at least it was there. His relief increased tenfold every time that her weak heartbeat strengthened and every moment that her breathing evened out.

A subtle pressure against her body drew Kagome from the dark abyss that had shrouded her mind in a haven of slumber. Cringing inwardly at the bright sunlight overhead as her eyes slowly fluttered open, Kagome waited patiently until her blurred vision returned to normal. As the last remnants of sleep faded away, Kagome stifled a giggle as something furry tickled her chest. Glancing down, she discerned a dark form hovering above her breasts and immediately assumed the worst.

Thinking that it was some kind of molester trying to take advantage of her and not even taking into account that she only knew one person that had a flowing mane of silver hair, Kagome screamed for all she was worth and kneed the strange man with all her might.

Howling in pain, her assailant rolled off of her, giving her the opportunity to get up and run. Unfortunately her body thought otherwise. Waves of nausea flooded her senses as she sat up abruptly, causing her vision to swim and her head to undergo a series of dizzy spells.

"Bitch! What the hell did you do that for?"

That voice. Kagome squinted through the sunlight and swirling scenery at the figure who had tried to molest her and was at present clutching his stomach in obvious pain. "Inuyasha? Is that you?"

"Of course its me wench! Who else would it fucking be?" Ignoring the spikes of pain in his lower abdomen where she had landed a powerful blow, Inuyasha stood and glared at the pale girl on the sand beside him. "What the hell were you thinking kneeing me like that? Do you know what kind of pain I'd be going through if you had kneed me any lower?"

With the nausea receding and the dizziness wearing off, Kagome came to her feet unsteadily to glare back at him. "I thought you were a molester," she said tartly.

"You thought I was a fucking molester! Here I was trying to see if I needed to do CPR on your stupid ass and you want to knee me in my stomach. You are one ungrateful bitch."

Kagome felt her anger sky rocket. "Don't call me an ungrateful bitch you jerk! It's not my fault I'm slightly disoriented in the morning!"

He smirked at her trying to stand on wobbly legs and crossed his arms. "Slightly? That's a laugh."

"Listen here you dumb jerk, I…" Kagome trailed off as she became aware of exactly where they were arguing. Sunny skies. Beaches. Palm trees. Her brow furrowed in bewilderment. "Are we in Hawaii?" She didn't remember landing and getting off of the plane. Did she have one too many drinks on the plane? This scene was very much similar to one she had had not too long ago involving stripping men and too many martinis.

Inuyasha snorted at her perplexity. "You are the dumbest bitch I've ever laid eyes on, you know that? Let me give you a little recap of yesterday. We were flying on a private jet to Hawaii. The pilots disappeared. The jet began to plummet for the ocean. I looked out the window and saw this small island in the distance. We jumped out. I swam all the way to the shore of this deserted looking island with your unconscious ass in my arms. Remember now?"

Kagome's anger at the hanyou immediately dissipated as she dredged up the memories of yesterday. All of the excitement, fear and anxiety she had felt the previous day was brought back from the recesses of her mind where she had unconsciously pushed them to. The last thing she could vividly remember was Inuyasha's strong arms enveloping her tightly in a protective hold as they plunged into the shadowy depths of the ocean, where she proceeded to faint from sheer trepidation. "You really swam with me all the way to this island? That was really brave and sweet of you Inuyasha," she asked in a soft tone, a soft blush gracing her cheeks at the mere thought of him rescuing her from unparalleled doom.

Inuyasha fought the urge to flush at the compliment and inwardly berated himself for loving the way his name rolled off of her tongue in a way that touched his soul. The tinge of pink on her face made the butterflies in his stomach flutter in a flurry. Why was she the only girl who could do that to him? "It wasn't brave or sweet in the least. I had to save you or else our parents would've killed me for letting your weak ass drown. Don't take it personal," he scoffed in an attempt to cover up his own discomfort at the way his body was reacting her.

She bit her lip to refrain from saying anything nasty. After all, he did rescue her from impending death, jeopardizing his own life for the safety of her own. It wasn't his fault he didn't take appreciation very well. The least she could do was let him win one of their inane argument. "Thanks Inuyasha, for saving my life. Sorry for biting your head off…and for kneeing you," Kagome thanked and apologized to him at the same time, gratitude shining in her sparkling eyes.

Flustered by the way her depthless pools of blue were affecting him, Inuyasha suppressed another rising blush and responded with his trademark "keh".

"Umm, Inuyasha?" Kagome surveyed their surroundings hesitantly. "So, there are other people on this island, right? Like people with phones or radios so that we can call our parents and tell them to come pick us up from here."

Scowling, Inuyasha's furry ears rotated atop his head, searching deftly from some sign of intelligent life besides himself, while he sniffed the air to see if there were any lingering scents of humans or youkai alike. His scowl deepened when he failed to pick up anything remotely akin to civilization. Presently, there was only wild life inhabiting the land mass. "There are no people on this island."

Kagome felt her heart skip a beat. "What? What do mean there's no people on this island?"

The hanyou turned his irritated gaze from the green forest beyond the beach to the fairly panicked female in beside him. "There. Are. No. People. On. This. Island."

Kagome put a leash on her annoyance and exasperation toward her companion's lackadaisical disposition concerning their current dilemma. "So, oh calm one, what do you suppose we do?"

Inuyasha plopped down on the sand, ignoring the throb of his lower stomach where she had kneed him in and folded his legs and arms in an apathetic manner. "We wait."

"Wait for what?"

His ear twitched in annoyance. "Wait for someone to come pick us up stupid. They know we were en route to Hawaii and when they realize that our jet hasn't arrived there yet, they'll send a search and rescue squad to come find us. This island shouldn't be very far from the plane's coordinates so they'll be able to pinpoint our location easily."

"Aren't you Mister Know-It-All," Kagome muttered sitting down next to him, somewhat embarrassed by her lack of common sense and that she had been outsmarted by Inuyasha of all people. That was definitely not something to be proud of.

They sat together in comfortable silence for a moment while watching the waves collided into the water's edge, neither having anything to say to the other.

Kagome began drumming her fingers on her knee in boredom, disliking long, drawn out silences. "So how long do you suppose we'll be stuck here?"

Inuyasha shrugged as he stared at the seemingly endless blue ocean. "Probably within the next couple of hours. I seriously doubt that we'll be staying here overnight." He shifted his gaze to Kagome, who had leaned in toward him, curiosity dancing in her mystifying orbs. His heart did somersaults in his chest at their close proximity. "What?" he snapped.

"Why are you acting like you're the embodiment of equanimity?" she questioned with a tilt of the head.

He rolled his eyes. "Common sense is not so common," he muttered, but was loud enough for her to hear.

The vein above her eye began to tic, but she said nothing. It was bad enough that she was stranded on some deserted island with nobody but Inuyasha as company and she wasn't in the mood for another pointless dispute. Burrowing her feet beneath the warm surface of the white sand, Kagome brought her knees to her chest and rested her cheek on her legs and let the series of events that led up to their being marooned on this island run through her mind.

A frown tugged at the corners of her lips as she reflected on what transpired on the plane. If there happened to be a malfunction with the plane, shouldn't there've been parachutes just in case of an emergency? And where did the pilots go? Did they jump out of the plane after seeing that the plane was out of order? And if they did, why didn't they warn her and Inuyasha as well? The frown on her face deepened. And why were all the control smashed? "Inuyasha, why-"

"I don't know," he replied before she could finish her statement, as if reading her mind. Silver eyebrows knitted together in deliberation. "At first I thought it was another one of our parents ploys to get us to like each other, but I don't think that they would risk our safety in order to ensure that this merger works out. This would be a little extreme even for them."

Kagome snorted. "Are you sure about that? My parents have worked their asses off for this company and I'm sure that they're not about to let us ruin the corporate empire that they've strived so hard to build." A bitter smile appeared on her face. "The company was their life. It's so important to them."

"More important than their daughter?" Inuyasha inquired, his golden orbs finally leaving the aesthetic beauty of the ocean of water to meet her troubled sapphire orbs.

"I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours," she responded monotonously, however her companion could detect the tension in the undertones of her voice, but chose not to remark on it, knowing that it was too sensitive a subject to explore at the moment. And from judging her agitated façade and the lack of enthusiasm that was usually dancing in her eyes, he decided to not to provoke her any further on the matter, and therefore kept quiet.

The muscles in his jaw tightened as he thought about what had happened. If it hadn't been their parents who set the crash up, though he seriously doubted they would take things as far as that, who had done it? Who was desperate enough to want them dead? Inuyasha only hoped that it wasn't one of the hundreds of girls that he had blown off and whom had decided to take it upon themselves to kill him as some sort of reprisal.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"How do you think they're doing right now?" Megumi asked twisting a long strand of her ebony hair around her forefinger.

"I'm sure they're fine koishi," Inutaisho answered as he scribbled away on his pad of paper.

"Are you sure that they're alright? I told that idiot of a son of ours to call once he arrived there." Pushing away the stack of forms that had yet to be filled out due to her worried state of mind, Megumi tapped one long manicured finger upon the desk. "Do you think something could have happened to them?"

"Maybe the flight was delayed sweetheart," the taiyoukai offered not bothering to lift his head from the tremendous amount of paperwork that needed his attention at the moment.

Megumi stared jadedly out of the full length windows that oversaw a great portion of the magnificent city of Tokyo due to the enormous height of the building. "What if their plane crashed?"

"Then we would've heard about it on the radio or television."

"What if it has been hijacked by terrorists?"

"Then I would have been informed of such developments by now."

"What if-"

"Koishi," Inutaisho began, finally glancing up from his work to look his worried mate in the face, "if you are so concerned about this matter, why don't you call Inuyasha's cell phone and find out instead of waiting impatiently for him to call."

A bright smile spread across her features. " Now why didn't I think of that?" Before she could reach across the table for the phone, it rang, the shrill sound piercing the stillness of the plush office area with its high pitched timbre. Slightly agitated that she wouldn't be able to call her son right away, Megumi picked up the receiver. "Yes Suki?" She listened for a moment. "I'll talk to him, put him through."

The taiyoukai lifted up his head from his paperwork again upon noticing the abnormal silence that seemed to pervade the enclosed yet spacious room. A low growl rumbled in his chest when the smell of anxiety and fear began to emit from his mate's aura. Wrinkles creased his forehead as she hung up the phone in an almost zombie fashion, her eyes glazed over in shock and confusion. "Well? Who was it? What did they want? If it was those damn telemarketers again-"

"Inuyasha and Kagome never got on the plane," she cut him off, her voice laden with anxiety and distress.

Something flickered through his golden orbs before they returned to their usual composed state. "Are they that desperate to evade this trip? I thought they would be excited about going to islands."

"Taisho, the limousine service that was supposed to pick them up just reported that the chauffeur that was scheduled to drive them to the airport was found murdered this morning in a ditch not too far away from main highway. "

"What are you talking about? I called the limo company last night and talked with the chauffeur personally and he confirmed that they had boarded the plane."

Both of their eyes widened in realization. If the driver that was scheduled to pick up their son and daughter in law was found murdered, someone else had lied to them, saying that they had gotten on the plane, and they had failed to check in with their parents as of yet, then what had happened to the newlyweds.

"Shit."

End.

AN: See, that wasn't such a bad cliffy for those of you who despise them. ^-^ I'm not particularly happy with this chappie, but hey, revisions and such will be made later. Probably after prom. Hope you enjoyed this chappie and since I can't guarantee that I'll be updating within the next week, here's a little preview of what is to come.

Next chapter: Confrontation between Kouga and Ayame. Confusion, fear, guilt, and panic between the parentals. Inuyasha and Kagome….trying to get along on a secluded island…cut off from all civilization with nobody but each other for company….oh what shall they do?

Until next time people. Now I'm going to bury my head in one of my many textbooks and go do some quality studying time. What fun that shall be. T_T