InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time and Time Again ❯ What's With the New Girl? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*AN: So sorry! I am a very slow updater. I need someone to stand behind me and tell me to stop being lazy. If anybody is getting really pissed at me for not updating, just send me a review or e-mail or something and tell me to get my lazy butt in gear. Anyway, my birthday was on the 27th *blows on a kazoo* and I've been sick as a dog for the past two days. I swear, I woke up last night and was positive that I was either dead, or someone had shoved a hammer up my nose. Yeah. Not fun. In any case, thank you SO much for all of your super nice reviews. It's almost pathetic, how happy those things make me. <^-^> \/

Don't worry! Shippou and Kirara will be making an appearance later in the fic. Also, I am in desperate need of names for Naraku, Kohaku, Sesshomaru, Kagura, Kanna, and Rin. Oh yeah, and a tissue. I went through a whole box yesterday, so now I'm all out.

NOTE: You can just kip the next part if you want-it's all 'thank yous

**To the people of FanFiction.net:

Shiari­-Don't worry, I'm working on it!

dark-wolf-soulX-Shippou will be coming soon!

Japanese-Dragon­-Thanks! I wanted to use original names because I Kikyo and Kagome are named differently as well. Later, however, I will do something with the other reincarnations that never happened with Kikyo and Kagome.

fay-of-faerie-Thanks for the names! I'm glad you like the story; I've read a lot of yours, and I gaped at my computer for a while when I saw your username on my review page.

Sesshomaru's Wifey-Don't worry! The new update is here! You have no ides how glad your reviews made me. If I'm affecting people that strongly, it means that I'm doing a good job. Thank you! <^-^> \/

swtanimelvr-Thanks! I personally like sad stories (dunno why-maybe I'm a little strange. Okay, okay, a lot strange) and your review let me know that I'm dong a good job. Merci! (I'm a little obsessed with French too, although I can only say 'thank you')

Kaaporae-I know that my chapters are short, but thanks for telling me. I'll work on making them longer, okay? Thanks!

**To the people of Animespiral:

none-Thank you! Don't worry, I'm working on it.

Never_Me_1213-Thank you so much! *blushes* I'm working on getting my updates out faster.

inu's#1fan-That's a good thing! Merci Beaucoup (again, the French obsession)

**To the people of Mediaminer: Sorry, no reviews from you guys yet! I have no one to thank yet.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha in any way, shape, or form. I just happen to own all of the volumes that have been translated into English, although most of them are my little sister's and in my room for 'safe-keeping.'

********************************************************* *************************************************************************** *****************

Saku looked confused as he watched the black-haired girl's retreating back.

"Who was that?"

Kyo was still trying to puzzle out what exactly had happened, so Saya answered with an equally confused expression. "She's a new student. I was assigned to show her around today, but she's a little weird, I think."

"What, did Kyo give her the 'will you sleep with me' line?"

"Saku, I cannot believe that you would accuse me of asking the new girl that. Besides," Kyo said with a grin as the trio picked up their lunches, "you know that I'm waiting for Saya here."

Saya grabbed her lunch tray with both hands and smacked him in the head with it as hard as she could, knocking him to the ground. "Pervert," she muttered, blushing wildly. She purposefully stepped on Kyo as she went to grab a pizza.

Saku helped his friend up with a smirk. "Idiot."

"Hmph. You're just jealous."

"Of what? Every girl you've asked that has either a) slapped you or b) screamed."

"Not true."

"Oh yeah? Give me one example."

"Saya." Seeing his friend's incredulous look, he elaborated. "She knocked me out with her brother's baseball bat the first time I asked her."

"Feh, that's not what I meant. So, what did the new girl do when you asked her?" Saku grabbed a hamburger as he spoke

"I didn't." Kyo replied, grabbing one as well.

Saku stopped in his tracks. "What?"

"I didn't ask her."

Why not? You ask every girl that comes through those doors," he exclaimed, gesturing to the main doors of the school, "it's practically expected now. Why the hell didn't you ask her?"

Kyo frowned. "There was something . . . I don't really know. She looked at me . . . like the sight of me hurt her. Not like it disgusted her or anything, but . . ." He sighed. "Did you see the look she gave you when you looked at her?"

Saku frowned as well. "Yeah . . . kinda."

"Well, it was like that, but not anything as strong. I don't get it though! She's never met any of us, and the way she looked at you . . ."

Saku snorted derisively. "Look, Kyo, I'm not going out with anybody, no matter what-"

Kyo wave the hand that wasn't holding his lunch tray wildly. "No no no, not like that. She looked at you like you broke her heart or something."

Saku shrugged. "Well, I've never met her. Maybe she's just weird."

"Maybe," Kyo responded distantly. However, there was something tugging in the back of his mind, telling him that that wasn't it.

The two boys joined Saya their usual table outside, enjoying the warm air.

"Hey boys. What were you talking about?"

"Nothing," said Saku, at the same time that Kyo said, "the new girl."

Saya raised her eyebrows at Saku, who rolled his eyes and growled, "The new girl."

"Well, what about her?"

"Just how weird she is, that's all."

Kyo rolled his eyes at his white-haired friend. "We were talking about why she seemed so heartbroken when she saw Saku."

"So you noticed too, huh? Did you catch what she said?"

Kyo looked up from his lunch with interest. "No, what?"

Saya shrugged, leaning back on the bench. "I'm not sure; I was asking you. But it looked like Inu-Yasa or something."

"Hmm . . . Inu-Yasa . . ." a faint memory stirred in the back of the teenager's head. "Do you know if she said anything else?"

"Yeah. When she first saw me, she called me Sango, then said that I looked like someone she used to know. And I'm not sure if you caught it, but when she saw you, she called you Miroku."

"Hey Kyo," Saku called, taking a break form stuffing his face, "Aren't those names from one of your godfather's scrolls?"

Kyo snapped his fingers. "Of course! I thought I'd heard the name 'Kagome' before! My godfather and I live at an old temple, remember?" Saya nodded eagerly. "Well, when I was younger, I liked to go through the old scrolls and read the stories, and I remember that there was one that Saku and I found that I liked. It was about this priestess named Kagome who had to join with a half demon to find some ancient jewel. I can't really remember the details, but I do remember that Kagome and the half-demon also joined with a Buddhist monk and a demon exterminator. And get this . . ." Kyo paused for dramatic effect before continuing, "The demon exterminator's name was Sango, the monk's name was Miroku, and the half-demon's name was Inu-Yasha!"

Saya grinned. "Bingo, then."

Kyo leaned in with a smirk. "Okay, I propose that after school, we all go over to my house and take a look at this scroll thing. Maybe it has something to do with our mystery girl."

Saya nodded.

Saku snorted, "You two are crazy."

Saya made a face at him. "Oh come on, Saku, don't be such a spoilsport. Let us have a little fun with this."

"Feh."

Kyo gave Saku a smile. "Oh come on, Saku. Besides, I have ramen."

Saku perked up at that. "Ramen?"

"Yup."

"Feh. I'll come."

The three friends finished their lunches and walked back to class. Just before history started, Saku let his thoughts drift back to the new girl, Kagome. I wonder what kind of perfume she wears. He thought lazily. She really smells nice.

********************************************************* *************************************************************************** *****************

Kagome slid into her seat just as bell rang. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a mass of silver hair. Her heart clenched painfully and she closed her eyes. Why? Why did they come back? She opened her eyes to find the teacher looking at her with a concerned expression.

"Are you alright, Miss HIgurashi?"

"What? Oh . . . y-yes. I mean . . . I'm alright," she stuttered in obvious embarrassment.

"If you need to go to the nurse's office, you may," the teacher said with a kind smile, "I was informed that you missed a lot of school last year because you were sick."

"I'm fine."

"Okay then. Class, this week we will be studying ancient legends. At the end of the week, you will have chosen a legend and will present it to the class. You will also write a paper on why this legend may have come into being, and what kinds of events may have spurred it into being."

As the teacher explained the assignment, Saku watched Kagome. So she was sick, huh? As he watched, he noticed that she was shaking. Carefully, so the teacher wouldn't see him, he slipped into the empty seat behind her and touched her shoulder. "Hey, you alright?"

She turned around and her eyes widened. She spun around and refused to look at him, only replying with a small, "I'm fine."

Now Saku was really confused. Kyo was right; she did look at him like he had broken her heart. He didn't like it, so he decided to get her back. Leaning forward, he whispered in her ear. "Who's Inu-Yasha?"

Whatever Saku had expected her reaction to be, what happened next was not it. Suddenly, she froze and Saku her heard a small gasp escape her. She threw her hand up into the air and gushed, "Teacher, I'm feeling sick, may I leave?"

The history teacher gave her a confused nod and Kagome raced out of the room, leaving her yellow backpack behind.

Saku watched her leave with a confused expression. What the hell was that?

********************************************************* *************************************************************************** *****************

*AN: Poor Kagome. She's had a rough day.