InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time and Time Again ❯ Isn't it Just a Legend? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*AN: Okay, first of all, I am really sorry for the long delay. Gomen nasai, Anteeksi and all that. Hopefully I'll be able to update sooner, but I had a bunch of school stuff and cello stuff that I had to do. Not to mention a bunch of tests and finals.

Okay, now that's out of the way, ((expletive) mediaminer. Not showing me my (expletive) reviews) I am back at home with my lovely, lovely bed. I love my bed.

Now, I'VE BEEN GETTING SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STORY THAT I WILL NOW ANSWER. READ THIS! These questions were asked by tawen-whitefire and Mara Roberts. I'll have to think of a really good way to thank you two. <^-^>\/

1) In chapter 6, I said (wrote), "There was something about that window and tree that was uncomfortably familiar." The tree is NOT the Goshinboku (God tree). Kagome just picked a room in her new house that had a tree outside the window, for familiarity purposes. (Also because I wanted to mess with Saku's mind)

2) Fujita, the name of Shippou's reincarnation, means 'field.' Like the foolish twit that I am, I forgot to mention this, but the kind reviewer Mara Roberts pointed this out. (Thanks!)

3) Kagome's family moved partly because Kagome got 'mugged' and they decided that it was no longer safe. The other reason was that Kagome all of a sudden got very depressed, and the family decided that it would be better for her to leave. Thanks for pointing this one out; I didn't explain it very well.

4) As for Saku questioning why Fujita lived there, Fujita has red hair and green eyes, while Kagome and her mother (both of whom Saku met) have dark hair and eyes. Plus, Fujita started to get mad at Saku, so Saku got irritated, and when you're angry, you don't quite think straight.

5) Kagome convinced her mother to let Fujita to live with them because . . . I said so. Just kidding. There's a whole scene about that that I haven't written yet, but it will come. Don't sweat it; there aren't any just-accept-it-because-I-said-so bits in this story.

6) Okay, about the uniform thing, I actually thought about this while I was writing the second chapter. Kagome wears the haori over her school uniform, and doesn't get in trouble for it. (Something kind of like this goes on with me. We used to have a P.E. uniform, but the teachers let me wear my jacket over it-no matter the weather-so long as I changed into my uniform) I figured that as long as Kagome actually wore her uniform, she wouldn't get into trouble. As for Kyo and Saku, (or Miroku and Inu-Yasha) they don't seem to me to be the kind of people to conform to rules readily, so I decided to have them ditch the school uniforms. In America at least, you get in trouble for not wearing the uniform, but there isn't much that they can do about it. I don't know how it works in the Japanese schools, so I'm running with the idea that it's pretty much the same. Thanks go to tawen-whitefire for this one.

7) This one was posed by my little sister, han-chan. Kagome didn't really recognize the Thunder brothers when she first saw them because they were both human, whereas in the series they were demons. She got really angry because she remembered that they had tried to kill Inu-Yasha. She normally wouldn't have done that, but she is under major stress.

The thank-you section:

Fanfiction

Gizmo369: Thank-you! I hope this chapter is as good.

EH: CLASSIC SAUERKRAUT IS AWESOME! Thanks for the compliments, and I had a great time at Winter Park. I highly recommend it, but not this late in the season. Anyway, Dankeschön for the reviews. (That's the only German I know)

Sesshoumaru's Wifey: Woohoo! One of my favorite reviewers! Here's the update; I hope you like it! Oh, and you don't have to ask every time; I'll keep e-mailing you unless you ask me to stop. Merci Beaucoup!

sammy13712: Dzienkuje! (Thanks in Polish. It's kind of pronounced Jen-qwieh, I think)

demented-squrriel: Thanks for the support. Oh and I have to ask . . . why demented-squirrel? Wish I had thought of that one.

Mara Roberts: thank-youthank-youthank-youthank-youthank-youthank-youthank-youTHANK-YOU FOR ASKING QUESTIONS! I LOVE it when people ask questions, because then I can make sure that I get things figured out. BIG COOKIE FOR YOU! (change it to your favorite kind) ( : : : : : : :)

dragonstargirl: You're psychic! Thank-you so much for all of your nice compliments! I was thinking about having Saku/Inu-Yasha save Kagome, but I thought that having her get herself out of trouble would fit better for the stories. Plus, it would require her to have severe flashbacks, and I don't want her to fall apart quite that much so quickly. Don't sweat it though; I'm working on some major I've-got-to-protect-Kagome stuff for Saku/Inu-Yasha. Domoarigotougozaimasu! (Don't know if that's really supposed to be one word. Oh well. Anyway, it's the super-polite way to say thank-you in Japanese)

Nicole: <^-^>\/ Thanks! There are a few others that I've read with a plot like this one, but not many. Thanks for the suggestion for the fight scene. Dankeschön!

Bulma, Queen of Saiya-jin: Takk! (Either Danish, Swedish or Norwegian. I forget which. Oh well here are the other two anyway) Tak! Tack!

swtanimelvr: *blushes* Thank-you very much! Gracias!

han-chan: Very corny, little sis. And yes I'm updating, so quit barging into my room and telling me to get off my computer! Thanks anyway Hansui. (Note to all: not her real name-it's my nickname for her)

tawen-whitefire: Your response is under the mediaminer section. Thanks though!

Animespiral

firewitch: Domoarigatougozaimasu! (Japanese) I'm too lazy to sign in half the time too. <^-^>\/ Thanks for the high rating! And don't worry, Kagome will get happier . . . maybe. (MWA HA HA HA HA)

none: *blush* thank-you very much for the compliments!

Reveiwqueen: Here it is; you'll find out soon! I'm really glad that you like the story. Thank-you so much for the nice review! I'm really happy that you like the story. I hope you like it!

me_123: *salutes* Right on it! Thanks!

anime#1fan: Ummm . . . It's not a sess/kag fic, and they don't have a kid . . . It's an Inu/Kag . . . sorry to disappoint. Thanks anyway though!

Iyayuma: Dankeschön! (German) Here's the next chapter; I hope you enjoy it!

Shippo: Gratzie! (Italian, but I didn't spell it right) Thanks for the compliments!

shaun: Thanks! I'm flattered! I hope you like this chapter!

holly: Thanks!

mamasama: *Sigh* Yes mother. (No, seriously, this is my mom reviewing) Just kidding Mom. Luv ya!

Mediaminer

tawen-whitefire: Muchas Gracias for the questions, and don't worry; I don't think your reviews are repetitive. In fact I'm flattered that you like the story so far (why do I like the word 'flattered'?). You were close on where I live though. I live in Minnesota now, but I lived in Helsinki and Espoo, Finland for a long time. (I was born in Helsinki-Finland's capital) I really love it there *sigh.* Happy Easter to you too! I had to chase my little sisters around with a pillow 'cause the little dorks woke me up so they could start searching for goodies. Also, I think it's a little weird about the Super Mariokart too. (I just love getting three red shells . . . BWA HA HA HA HA!) Thank you so much for reviewing so many times! It makes my feel like I'm doing a good job! Kiitos! (That's thank-you in Finnish. Now . . . how many ways can I say thanks?)

inufan: Happy Easter to you too! I'm sorry about not updating. I think mediaminer hates me. I'm glad you like the story so much; I hope you like this chapter! Sorry! Here's the update, and don't stress out! (Could you cool it on the death threats though? The monster thing was fine, but the rest make me really nervous. Thanks) Again, I'm really sorry for not updating sooner. <^-^>\/

Kachie-chan: Gratias tibi ago! (Thank you in Latin-I'm starting to run out of languages) I'm glad you like it so much!

Those of you who weren't thanked in this chapter will be thanked in the next.

SORRY FOR THE REALLY LONG AN, BUT I REALLY NEEDED TO SAY SOME THINGS. I'M ALSO SORRY THAT THIS WAS KIND OF LONG IN COMING, BUT I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH DECIDING HOW TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER

****************************************************** ******************************************************************

The next day found Kagome outside Kyo's house. To Kagome, it was uncomfortably enough like a temple or a shrine and, though she tried, she couldn't help being reminded of Miroku. Damn it . . . why . . . why can't I just deal with it . . . She shook her head uneasily, stomped up to the door and knocked. The door was answered by no other than . . .

Mushin?!

"Thur in th' su'y," he slurred and waddled off, beer in hand.

Still a drunkard Kagome mused as she folded her arms into the red haori, fingering the fabric gently. She followed the only other voices in the house until she came to a fair-sized room. Saya was typing away at a mile a minute on a computer while Kyo and Saku were stuffing their faces full of ramen. She watched them silently. Ramen . . . he could like oden or sushi or shrimp . . . anything else and it'd be okay . . . but why in Kami's name does he have to like ramen?

Saku finally looked up and saw Kagome staring at him. He gulped down the noodles in his mouth and put his chopsticks down. "Hey Kagome. Glad you could come."

"Yeah . . ."

"Oh good, Kagome's here," Saya said happily, "we can get started. How far are you two?"

"I know the legend." Kagome said distantly, sitting on a handy cushion as she did so. "I . . . kind of have it memorized."

"Great," Kyo said, swallowing the last of his noodles. "The first thing we need to do is answer questions about the legend, so I've written some up. I'm going to ask everybody some questions and you need to answer them, okay? We'll go from Saku, to Saya, to Kagome, and if you don't get the question right, the next person has the option of answering. Now first-"

"Wait a minute, how come you don't get asked questions?"

"Because I wrote them, idiot. Okay first question: Name the Six main characters."

Saku shrugged his shoulders with a 'feh,' so Saya answered, "Sango, Kirara, Miroku, Kagome, Inu-Yasha, and . . . dang, starts with a 'sh' sound."

"Shippou."

"Correct Saya and Kagome. Next: who was the first demon that Kagome and Inu-Yasha defeated?"

"Ooh, that freaky hair-witch person. What's-her-name . . . Yura!"

"Right. And Kagome, who did Inu-Yasha think Kagome was the first time he met her."

"Kikyou."

The questioning went on for a few more rounds with Saku missing most of the answers, Saya getting most of them, and Kagome answering with short, but constantly correct answers. That is, until her last question.

"Okay, Kagome, how did Inu-Yasha die?"

Kagome could feel her heart twist as she tensed.

"Well?"

What do I do? I could . . . I could lie . . . I could say that I don't know . . .

"I can't remember."

Kyo raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "You can't remember?"

"No."

"But Kagome," Saya protested, "You even knew the name of the little bat hanyou that gave Inu-Yasha the Red Tetsusaiga power. How could you not know the ending of the story?"

Kagome dug her fingernails into the heels of her hands and all but snarled, "I said I can't remember, okay?"

Kyo looked at her apprehensively. "All right, who else knows?"

Saya shot Kagome a questioning look before answering, "He was killed by Naraku when Naraku threw him into a tree."

Kagome shot up at these words, trying to hide the tears in her eyes. "Kyo, where's your bathroom?"

"Uh . . . down the hallway and to the left."

The three friends watched as Kagome disappeared from the room. "Okay," Kyo said, "is it just me, or was that a little weird?"

"It wasn't just you," Saya replied. "Uh, Saku . . . what're you doing?"

Saku was crouched where Kagome had been standing a few seconds ago. "Take a look at this." He lifted his finger into the air to reveal the red drop on it.

Kyo frowned in confusion. "Is that . . ."

"Yeah, it's blood. And unless one of us is bleeding, it's Kagome's blood."

"She's bleeding?"

"Yeah. I don't know if you noticed, but when Kyo asked that last question, she clenched her fists. I think that she dug her fingernails into her hands."

The three friends were silent as they processed this information. "That's it," Saya said firmly. "I'm going to go make sure she's alright."

The tall girl stormed off after Kagome, determined to find out what was wrong.

****************************************************** ******************************************************************

Kagome managed to find the bathroom, even though the tears in her eyes blurred everything. She locked the door and curled up in front of the sink, sobbing quietly. Kami, why are you doing this to me? Isn't it enough that I saw him die? Why can't I get over this? How come every time I see Saku it's like I watched Inu-Yasha die yesterday? Kagome sat there and tried to get her crying under control. "DAMMIT, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?! WHY CAN'T I JUST FORGET THEM?! WHY DIDN'T NARAKU KILL ME TOO?!"

Outside the locked door, Saya stepped back, staring at it. 'Why didn't Naraku kill me too?' I guess Saku was right, but . . . Kagome said 'them' not 'him.' So . . . there were others . . . Sango and Miroku . . . Determined, Saya produced an unfolded paperclip from her pocket and proceeded to pick the lock. I guess some of Kyo's talents have rubbed off on me she thought ruefully. She felt something in the doorknob catch and opened the door.

Kagome was huddled up in a ball, sobbing.

Saya crouched down near the younger girl and hesitantly put a hand on her shoulder. Living with a stoic father and a little brother all her life never really gave her a chance to learn how to comfort people, even if her little brother was a little sensitive. At the touch Kagome started and looked up into Saya's magenta eyes. "Uh, Kagome?"

"Y-yes?"

"Are . . . are you okay?" Saya asked, feeling incredibly stupid.

Instead of answering, Kagome just put her head back into her arms and shook her head, her shoulders shaking. Saya looked helplessly back at Saku and Kyo, who had heard Kagome's shout and had come to see what was going on. Kyo was looking forlorn and Saku was looking at Kagome with an indescribable expression on his face, as if he was trying to remember something. Saya looked back at the crying girl and gently pulled the younger girl into her arms.

The minute she did that, however, Saya go an intense feeling of wrongness, as did Saku and Kyo. No . . . all three realized at the same time It's not wrong . . .

It's just . . .

supposed to be the other way around . . .

********************************************************************** **************************************************

AN: Finally! Okay, in case it was confusing, what they all meant by 'it's just supposed to be the other way around,' was that Kagome was supposed to be comforting Saya/Sango. It's a reference to the tenth/eleventh/twelfth book (I'm not sure which) when Sango betrays the group to get Kohaku back and they tell her she can come back. After they tell her this she starts crying in Kagome's arms.

Also, starting on the 28th, I will at a Finnish language village for a month *dodges objects thrown by readers, especially inu-fan* Hey! Don't sweat it though, I'll write while I'm there, so I'll have at least one chapter ready by the time I come back home.

HAPPY SUMMER VACATION, EVERYBODY!!! <^-^>\/