InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Summon a Mate ❯ November 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha and I am not making money off this story.
 
Nov. 1
 
Kagome slowly woke up, the annoying peal from her alarm clock jarring her out of her comfortable sleep. Deciding to ignore it, she sighed and snuggled closer to the warm body who held her tight, not wanting to get up just yet.
 
Inuyasha's irritated growl rumbled through her soothingly as he reached across her body to smash the clock, the alarm giving off a dying squeal as it was pounded into her desk.
 
Kagome smiled lazily, happy Inuyasha had taken care of the problem so easily for her and prepared to fall back asleep.
 
Inuyasha's hand began to slowly started to rub circles on her back, his purring keeping her awake, but relaxed. His leg slid down from where he had thrown it across her hip so he could turn her onto her back, his lips finding the skin of her neck quickly.
 
Kagome arched slightly into him, still half-asleep but becoming more aware with every passing second of Inuyasha's tongue introducing itself to her pulse. He slid one arm behind her head so it supported her neck and the other one busied itself with pulling up her shirt and exploring her stomach.
 
Kagome slowly opened her eyes to see Inuyasha staring intently down at her, making note of every expression that crossed her face. His golden eyes boring into hers, he leisurely drew his hand on her stomach up, his fingertips just toying with the front clasp to her bra.
 
Beep, beep, beep
 
Kagome furrowed her brows, annoyed by the faint noise coming from somewhere in the house.
 
She blinked. Souta's room. It must be his alarm.
 
Alarm…
 
Inuyasha's claws flicked the first catch, distracting her.
 
Wait… there was something she should be remembering…
 
Alarm….SCHOOL!
 
She gasped and jerked her head over to where the sad remnants of her alarm clock laid. Broken pieces of wire and plastic littered the desk.
 
She screamed, the memory of last night coming back to her in a whirl. Inuyasha…that man! She corrected herself fiercely was…
 
“You ASSHOLE!” she yelled, scrambling back. “How dare you!”
 
He growled, reaching for her. She kicked his wrist and tumbled off the bed, hitting the floor painfully.
 
“I didn't hear you complaining before.” He barked, pissed off.
 
Kagome got up, pulling down her shirt to cover her stomach, panting slightly. “I was complaining last night when you attacked me and without explaining anything made me sleep next to you.” She snapped, trying to get a hold of her frazzled nerves.
 
He rolled his eyes, “You're my mate, what's there to explain?” he asked dismissively.
 
Kagome glowered at him, “Plenty!” she snarled back, eyeing the door.
 
He narrowed his eyes at her, “Don't even think of it.” He sighed and fell back on the bed, lacing his hands behind his head, smirking as she blushed at the full view of him. “It's very simple sweetheart. You-” He pointed to her. “-Let me out of the mirror where I've been imprisoned for… what year is it?”
 
“2008.” Kagome informed him tensely,
 
“So for about 500 years, give or take. Freeing me therefore makes you-” He paused for dramatic effect. “Mine.”
 
Kagome crossed her arms across her chest, “Nice story, why are you really here?”
 
He arrogantly raised an eyebrow, a smirk covering his face. “My pretty mate doesn't believe me?”
 
Kagome gasped, feeling something click in her mind.
 
He lazily trailed a hand down his neck, Kagome's knees going weak when she felt the same touch on her own body. He watched her, his smirk getting wider as his hand trailed lower.
 
“We're connected, you and I.” His hand flirted across his/her collarbone, sending Kagome clutching her night table for support.
 
Can you really deny it? He whispered in her head.
 
“You feel it too, don't you?” He asked, sending her shuddering when he lightly teased the top of his chest, the responding fluttering right on the curve of her breast.
 
“This is…this is crazy. I don't even know your name.” Kagome gasped out brokenly, hearing a strange roaring in her ears.
 
His finger traced along the swell of chest, her nipple tightening. Nothing had ever felt so good and he was barely touching her. “Don't you sweetheart?” he asked.
 
You know who I am mate, just as I know you…Kagome.
 
Kagome stiffed a moan, his fingers so damn close.
 
“Who am I?” he asked, a strange look in his eyes. He panted slightly, sweat glistening on his chest.
 
At least she wasn't the only one who felt it.
 
Tell me mate, say it.
 
Inuyasha! Her soul cried out in return, InuyashaInuyashaInuyasha!!!
 
Her mouth went dry, his finger circling the place she needed him. She had never felt like this before. Her entire body was on fire and weak from wanting…needing…something.
 
Who am I mate?
 
“Inuyasha!” she said on a moan, his fingers finally sliding over her nipple. His hand spread over his own chest, giving her the phantom sensation of being cupped while the pad of Inuyasha's finger gently rubbed her nipple.
 
Kagome used both hands to hold herself up; worried she wouldn't be able to support herself on her own feet. Watching her, Inuyasha took his free hand and laid it on his lower stomach, driving her crazy from the lack of movement.
 
Beep, beep, beep
 
The noise slowly woke Kagome up from the drugged daze Inuyasha had dragged her into. She clapped her hands over her head, blushing.
 
”Get out of my head!” she ordered, trying to block him out.
 
Rip.
 
She paused, making sure she really didn't feel the phantom touches on her body and it wasn't a trick. She looked up to see Inuyasha staring at her in shock.
 
“You pushed me out!” he accused, startled.
 
Kagome panted back, unable to break her gaze from his. She licked her dry lips, trying to get control of herself. “I have to go to school. Stay here.” She told him, her words filling the sudden silence of the room strangely.
 
She didn't move for another moment, panting quietly still before forcing herself to turn away, “And another thing, get some clothes!”
 
Kagome shut the door behind her and collapsed against it, her eyes wide and unblinking from shock.
 
Oh dear God.
 
Did that seriously just happen?!?
 
She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She didn't have time to deal with this right now, she had to get Souta up, start breakfast and make sure he was ready for school.
 
She would deal with the man...with Inuyasha later.
 
Preferably in long underwear, overalls, a down jacket, chastity belt and an aluminum helmet covering her head to protect her mind.
 
For being some weird, freaky, guy-trapped-in-a-mirror thing, he was hot.
 
Kagome shook her head, pushing herself up from the door. Bad Kagome. She had to stop before this would drive her insane. But she couldn't have him running all over the house when she wasn't there, so she stuck one of her grandfather's ofadu's on her bedroom door. If it had been 500 years he probably wouldn't know how to unlock the windows.
 
She frowned on her way to her brothers room. This Inuyasha thing hadn't been something he and Dr. Saito had come up with, had it? As a further extension of their joke last night?
 
But if it had been could Inuyasha have...linked mentally to her like that?
 
She wasn't sure what to think anymore. If Inuyasha's story was true, her life had been completely changed all over again.
 
She pushed her brother's door open, the alarm still going off. His bed was empty, the sheets still neat from when Kagome had made them.
 
She tapped a finger on his doorframe, annoyed. He was probably asleep in front of his altar, still waiting. She should have insisted he go to sleep in his own room last night even though she was angry about the joke he played.
 
And now it slightly bothered her she had no idea what time Dr. Saito left, or if that goddamn shrink had left at all.
 
She closed the door after switching the alarm off, blushing slightly at the thought of what happened to hers. She would have to pick a new one up on her way home from school.
 
Kagome pointedly ignored her mother's room, knowing it was unlikely her mother would be up yet and continued downstairs, hearing her brother snoring from the living room.
 
She scanned the room, Souta curled up on a cushion in front of the altar. Burned candles and slowly wilting flowers surrounded him, the broken pieces of glass still where she had left it last night. Dr. Saito was nowhere to be seen, thank God.
 
She knelt down beside Souta, nose wrinkling from the smell of the food that had been sitting out all night. “Souta, time to wake up.” she shook his shoulder, watching as his eyes slowly opened.
 
He jerked up, looking at the altar eagerly. She didn't know what he had expected to find, but his shoulder's drooped, obviously disappointed in what hadn't happened.
 
“Go get changed Souta, we have school in an hour.” Kagome got up, wondering what kind of food there was to make for breakfast.
 
Souta looked up at her, sending her his best puppy eyes. “Can I stay here today Kag? What if dad comes while I'm gone?”
 
Click
 
Kagome shook her head, unsure if she had heard something, “You have to go to school Souta, you know how important you getting an education was to dad.”
 
“But I haven't seen him in so long, he won't mind if I miss just one day. The books Dr. Saito gave me say this might be his only chance to see me to.” Souta argued back.
 
Kagome closed her eyes, wishing not for the first time that she could cause some serious damage to that crackpot.
 
Just tell me who to kill mate, and it's done. Inuyasha's voice echoed in her head, squeezing her hand softly.
 
Kagome shuddered, unsure of how or when he had joined the party.
 
“Souta go get changed, you're going to school.” Kagome ordered, her tone allowing no arguments.
 
“Why just me, you aren't changed either!” he shot back.
 
Kagome looked down at herself and nearly groaned. She was still wearing the same clothes as yesterday.
 
I suppose that means you have to come back and change then? Inuyasha purred. Here, allow me to help you sweetheart by picking out your outfit for you. ...Christ, why the hell do you dress like you live in a nunnery?
 
“Souta.” Kagome growled warningly.
 
His lower lip stuck out, “I hate you!” He yelled before stomping upstairs in a fit.
 
Kagome sighed, suddenly feeling weary. She was supposed to be Souta's sixteen year old sister but felt like his mother instead.
 
Don't worry mate, I don't view you as my mother. Inuyasha pointed out helpfully, In fact, you're the hottest little-
 
Kagome slapped her hands to her head, “Get out, get out!” she ordered.
 
Rip
 
She waited a moment, enjoying the sudden silence. Then she glanced down and studied her clothes, really not wanting to go up and face Inuyasha. She remembered leaving some of her clothes in the laundry, maybe she would get lucky and they would be clean.
 
Her stomach rumbled, reminding her that clothes weren't the only things that needed to be taken care of.
 
Oh crap, would Inuyasha need to eat to?
 
She rubbed her head, feeling a headache coming on. This was going to be a long day
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
“And so, the Battle of First Bull Run ended with a Confederate victory, to which the Union responded with-“
 
I don't understand mate, you left me alone to listen to this? Inuyasha whispered in her head, driving her crazy.
 
Kagome looked longingly at the desk in front of her, wanting to beat her head against the surface until Inuyasha was forced out. She had already `pushed' him out three times today, but the bastard always sneaked his way back in.
 
A feather-light touch teased the back of neck, making her jump.
 
“Is everything all right Ms. Higurashi?” The teacher paused in his droning to ask her.
 
Kagome nodded rapidly, forcing a smile on her face. “Of course.” she said brightly, ignoring the looks other students were sending her. She knew she had been acting strange, but could she really be blamed? The hottest, guy-stuck-in-a-mirror ever had been talking in her head and touching her all day. The only thing more distracting would be if he was actually here.
 
And maybe she was the one who needed to be sent to an asylum.
 
Mmmm, that could be fun. Big padded room, you all nice and bound so you can't hit me. Sounds like a good time.
 
Kagome's hand shot into the air when she felt his hand going lower, “May I go to the bathroom?' she squeaked.
 
The teacher raised an eyebrow but thankfully didn't ask questions. “Make it quick Ms. Higurashi.”
 
Kagome shot out of her seat, knowing she was probably looking like an idiot. She raced to the bathroom as soon as her classroom door swung closed behind her.
 
She slapped her hands to her head like she had this morning and all the other times Inuyasha decided to bug her.
 
Ah come on sweetheart, don't be like that. Inuyasha complained, Just a minute more, I'm so bored. Here, let me make it better-
 
Kagome groaned out loud when Inuyasha started massaging her shoulders, trying to pound out a knot for her. Her hands fell down and her head bowed forward, the massage nearly better then the groping this morning.
 
“That feels so good.” she gasped, his fingers feeling like magic.
 
He chuckled inside her head, It's not so bad to have me around, now is it? He asked teasingly.
 
“You might have your uses.” Kagome mumbled. “We're still talking when I get home.” she threatened. “That lame story isn't good enough.”
 
Inuyasha sighed, You have so little faith mate. His hands started creeping down her back again, Come home soon. I don't like you gone so long.
 
Kagome immediately tensed up again. “That's enough. Out.”
 
Inuyasha sighed as he was pushed out, and Kagome was glad to see she didn't have to slap her hands on her head like a moron to get rid of him.
 
Kagome turned one of the faucets on, the cool water calming her. She studied her face in the mirror, wondering if she looked like the type of girl who could call her soul mate out of a mirror. Didn't books and movies usually describe them as being gorgeous, kind, over worked beings with some kind of tragic past?
 
Well two out of four probably wasn't bad...
 
...she had called someone out of a mirror...
 
Kagome lost the strength to stand and dropped to her knees, the events finally sinking through. It was obviously real, there was no way she could `hear' or `feel' Inuyasha otherwise. She leaned her forehead against the cold porcelain sink, trying to catch her breath.
 
Did she really have a...a mate?
 
She groaned. She didn't have time for anything as big as ever-lasting love, she couldn't even have a boyfriend. Her father was dead, her mother's mental state questionable, her brother was probably going to be forced to truly deal with their father's death once his `spirit' didn't show up, and now she had to take care of some guy who had been stuck in a mirror for 500+ years.
 
Goddamn it, why couldn't some other gorgeous, kind, overworked being with a tragic past have gotten stuck with this?
 
She closed her eyes and tipped her head back, trying to think rationally. She hadn't know Inuyasha long but there did look like there were a few side benefits.
 
She blushed, her body tingling in remembrance. Inuyasha hadn't even physically touched her, what would it be like when he did? If she had felt like she was fire before, would she burst into flames?
 
She lightly hit her head on the sink. She had been trying to think rationally and now she was wondering if Inuyasha would make her combust. She shouldn't even think about having sex with him until she knew more about the guy. She wasn't even sure if he wasn't some weird demonic thing that was planning on eating her soul.
 
She drew her knees up and rested her chin on them, frowning. The mirror had come from Dr. Saito. The shrink was fucking crazy, who knew where the mirror had come from? What if she really had released some kind of evil demon into her home? Were her mother and grandfather safe back at home?
 
Kagome glanced down at her watch. 12:36. She had two more hours at school, and since she had just talked to Inuyasha her family was probably safe. She would stop at a church on the way home and see if she couldn't get some holy water and maybe a bible. The alarm clock could wait a day.
 
Inuyasha would probably only end up smashing it again anyway.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------
 
137 wipe...138 wipe...139 wipe...
 
The church door ringing open distracted Miroku from polishing the wooden pew. He sighed, annoyed at having lost count.
 
A girl hesitantly stepped inside the church, looking around warily. Miroku's heart softened for the frightened creature, who was obviously nervous about something. Her cheeks flushed as she jerked and violently shook her head, breathing deeply.
 
Miroku looked at her in sympathy. Poor child. “Excuse me miss, the battered women's home is down the hall. I would be more then happy to talk to the director if you're shy or scared.”
 
The girl's mouth dropped open, “I'm not being abused! I don't even have a boyfriend!” she paused, “Um, I think.”
 
Miroku crocked his head at her, “The shelter for prostitutes isn't open until tonight. If you're interested in taking some kind of class for a second career, I can put you on the waiting list.” he shook his head. They were really starting young now.
 
“I'm not a whore either!” she stopped herself and took a breath. “I would like a bible and maybe some holy water. Possibly a rosary if you have one. Or a cross.” she thought for a moment. “Is it possible to have a stake blessed?” she asked very politely.
 
Miroku stared at her, not sure what to suggest now. “I can give you a bible, yes.” he said slowly. “We don't give out holy water or crosses and the last time I checked, we were fresh out of stakes.” he joked, not sure she got it when she looked as serious as ever. He sighed, “Come this way.” he threw the cloth down, glad for a break from the stench of the cleaning solution.
 
She followed him out of the church and into a hall, bright children's paintings covering the walls as he walked to his superior's office. The soft paperback bibles given out to the homeless laid in neat stacks on the window stills for them to acquire easily. While his superior believed the homeless were actually reading them, Miroku knew the majority were using them as kindling for fires. Which was why he had wanted to use the money on blankets...
 
He shook away his frustrations and picked up a bible, curious as why she wanted it. The church didn't get many high-school girls visiting just to read the word of God.
 
“Feel free to come back if you have questions on any passages or just want to talk to a pastor about God.” Miroku invited, holding the book out for the girl.
 
She reached out for it, smiling slightly. “Thank you very-“
 
She stopped when Miroku grabbed her wrist and forced her palm up. “What are you doing?” she yelled, trying to pull her hand away.
 
Miroku refused to let it go, studying the mark intently. “When did you get this?” he demanded.
 
“Get what?...oh.” she looked down, her eyes widening, “That wasn't there before.” she breathed.
 
In the center of her palm was a black crescent moon, right over a pinkening slash mark. A flame burned at the tip of the moon, as if it was on fire. Miroku rubbed a thumb across it, jerking away from the magic infused it.
 
“You've been playing with some serious rituals miss.” he warned. “Do you have any idea what you think you're doing?”
 
The girl stared up at him, her mouth open, “Doing? What do you mean? It's a tattoo. I don't see the big deal.” she lied quickly.
 
Miroku rolled his eyes and let go of her wrist. “That bible isn't going to help you any.” he walked over to the desk in the center of the room, opening a drawer and rooting around while the girl clutched the bible to her chest.
 
“Here.” he tossed something a necklace at her, the girl catching it automatically. She looked down at the blue beads and white teeth in her palm. “You'll need those.” he nodded his head at the necklace. “And I hope you come back and talk to me. I'm always here when you have any questions.”
 
The girl continued to stare at him blankly.
“Well go on, you can't leave the demon alone for long.” Miroku ordered, not wanting to take care of any city wide attacks. Demons got testy without their mates for long. And the black marking meant this was a special case.
 
“Thank you.” the girl squeaked, turning and running out of the room.
 
Miroku shook his head, before opening his own palm and restudying the mark there.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
 
You're closer. I can sense it. Inuyasha cooed into her mind as she jogged up the temple's steps, feeling slightly guilty of bringing a bible into her grandfather's home when he still fiercely believed in the ancient religion. But if a demon/hell thing had been able to be summoned on the temple grounds, then maybe Kagome needed to find a stronger power.
 
She nearly tripped when Inuyasha teased her naval, grabbing the railing just in time to avoid her chin splattering on the pavement.
 
Come mate. Inuyasha purred, focusing his attentions on her hips.
 
“OUT!” Kagome screamed, getting some satisfaction from watching birds scattering. She so did not need this now. She had ten billion things to do and she desperately needed to avoid Inuyasha for the time being.
 
She opened the kitchen door and assumed her grandfather was out since his coat wasn't on the peg. Hopefully getting grocery. She saw Souta's leg from the doorway to the living room, in front of the altar again. She didn't go in, worried what she was going to do tomorrow when their father didn't come. Instead she set water to boil, and measured out her mother's favorite ginseng tea, hoping she would be well enough to drink it.
 
She sat down while she waited for the water, absently flipping through the bible she had taken from the church. If the monk/priest/altar boy/whatever was to be believed, she had summoned some kind of demon. But didn't that just make matters worse. Demons were supposed to be evil right? And why did he act like he knew what was going on.
 
She looked down on her palm, wondering when that mark had appeared. Probably another thing to ask Inuyasha about.
 
The teapot screamed and Kagome jumped to get it, wanting to get her daily visit with her mother over with. She mixed the water and the tea carefully before walking upstairs, nearly tripping over Souta's toys. She would have to get those later.
 
She took a breath before knocking on her mother's door and opening it, her eyes squinting in the sudden darkness.
 
Her mother lay in a crumbled ball on the center of her bed, her eyes sightlessly staring at the closed window blinds. Wads of blankets covered her tiny frame, and she had tucked her hands under her cheek as if she were a child. She would blink a little bit, but otherwise she didn't move at all.
 
Kagome padded softly into the room and set the cup of tea on her mother's night table, taking the still full cold tea off to dump later. “Hi mama.” she whispered as she settled on the floor next to her mother's head. “Yesterday I summoned a demon. He gave me my first kiss, first groping and left this weird mark on me. That doctor you send Souta to is insane by the way. Souta thinks dad's spirit is coming back now. I'm annoyed I'm going to be the one to deal with the falling out while you hide up here.” Kagome informed her mother, looking for any clue she was listening.
 
She blinked once.
 
Kagome stared at her mother, “Grandpa wants to send you away mom.” she leaned forward and grabbed her mother's shoulders, “You have to get better. Do you want to get stuck in a mental hospital like your some crazy person?” Kagome shook her, hoping for some kind of reaction.
 
She didn't even twitch.
 
Kagome sat back, knowing it was hopeless for today. Maybe for tomorrow...
 
She took the cold cup of tea with her as she left, dumping it down the sink in the bathroom in the hall. She took the empty cup to the kitchen, needing another minute before dealing with Inuyasha.
 
Click
 
Kagome yelped when a hand slid down her spine.
 
Then again, dealing with Inuyasha could wait.
 
AN: Please review!!!!!!!! They put me in the mood to write! :)