InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Summon a Mate ❯ November 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha and I am making no money off this fic.
 
Nov. 2
 
Kagome blearily opened her eyes, her neck aching. She blinked, unsure of why her living room was upside down.
 
As she became more awake she realized sometime during the night she had thrown her leg over the top of the couch, her other leg over the arm and her head was hanging over the side. She carefully lifted her head up and dropped it on the pillow, moaning when the blood in her head started to shift down. Why was she on the couch again?
 
Oh right. She was to scared of facing Inuyasha so she had camped out on the couch.
 
She winced over the soreness in her back. This was pathetic. She was scared of her own room just because some weird demon thing was staying there?
 
...ok, maybe not so pathetic.
 
She looked down and sighed, knowing it didn't matter anyway. She needed new clothes and she didn't have any left in the laundry room.
 
Besides, her desperately needed Halloween candy was still in her bedroom.
 
She looked over to see Souta spread out in front of his altar again. Her throat tightened, still having no idea what to tell him or how to comfort him once he was awake. She glanced at the clock on the wall, dreading waking him up for school.
 
Kagome slowly sat up, her entire body tender.
 
“Kagome!!!” Souta said excitedly.
 
Kagome jerked her head over to him, nearly getting whiplash. When had he woke up? And why was he so happy?
 
“Kagome, Kagome, guess what!!!” he jumped up and down, his eyes eager.
 
“I don't know, what?” Kagome asked cautiously.
 
“Dad came! I saw him in my dreams!” Souta hugged his body, his grin taking up his entire face. “He talked to me and told me all kinds of stuff! But you don't get to find out. Dad says I can`t tell you yet.” Souta stuck his tongue out at her. He glanced at the clock, “I'm going to go change for school, I'll clean this up later.” he jumped out of the room without a backward glance, having more energy then Kag had seen him with in months. Still, Kagome was going to be really pissed if she had Dr. Saito to thank for this change in him.
 
Kagome sighed and stood up, body shaking. Maybe instead of sending her mother to a mental hospital she could convince her grandfather to buy a new couch.
 
She stood in front of the steps and took a breath. Now or never.
 
Well, she would prefer never, but that wasn't a good option anymore.
 
She walked up the steps and down the hall, her room unfortunately getting closer with every step. She stopped in front of her room, the ofadu untouched. Without letting herself think about it she ripped it off the wood and went to open the door.
 
The door swung open and Inuyasha grabbed her, pulling her hard against his chest. He glared down at her, his golden eyes angry, as he forced her into the room and slammed the door shut.
 
“You left me alone.” he accused, one hand across her back and the other on her neck. “I've been in that fucking mirror alone for 500 years and my own mate couldn't spend an hour of her time with me.” he hissed before kissing her.
 
Kagome moaned, that familiar heat settling over her. His tongue and teeth played over her lips before sweeping inside. Her head swam and any aches from before were ignored.
 
“Don't lock me in here again.” he ordered, letting her breath while he attacked her neck with his lips. “Or better yet, stay with me.”
 
Kagome panted, her breath ragged. “I have to, I have school. I can't-oh God-“ she moaned when he hit a sensitive spot.
 
He smirked against her skin, “Close, but I suppose my mate can call me Inuyasha.”
 
She swallowed, trying to focus her thoughts, “I can't let my family see you!” she gasped. “Or anyone else until I'm sure you're not dangerous. And I have...I have to talk to you.”
 
“We're not talking now?” he murmured, his hand sliding under her shirt.
 
Kagome hissed, the heat nearly scorching her, “There are things I need to know. Like why-“
 
“Don't worry about them.” he ordered, before whipping her shirt off her head.
 
To fast! “Inuyasha, wait.” she stuttered, trying to push away.
 
Inuyasha growled, not letting her go. “You're so fucking soft. And gorgeous.”
 
His hand drifted back over her hip, toying with the hem. His fingers brushed the pocket that held the beads she had gotten from the monk guy.
 
Before she could blink, the beads were out of her pocket and traveling up his arm. Inuyasha drew back and watched as they glided up his chest and formed a circle around his neck. “What the hell is this?” Inuyasha demanded as they rested on his neck, glowing faintly.
 
Kagome shrugged innocently as she curiously watched the beads the monk/priest guy had given to her earlier before ducking out of the way as Inuyasha made another lunge at her.
 
“Stop! Halt! Geez, SIT or something!” Kagome said in desperation and annoyance…
 
And then watched in shock as Inuyasha did a face plant on the floor.
 
“Kagome.” he growled, chocking on a bit of carpet lint, “What the hell was that?!”
 
Uh-oh, Kagome thought as Inuyasha started getting back up again, God he looks incredibly hot and sexy when he gets mad like- wait no, bad Kagome!
 
“What the hell are these things?! Are these subjugation beads?!” Inuyasha looked, attempting to pull them off with no success. “How the hell do these work?”
 
“Um, I don't know,” Kagome said honestly, “All I said was to stop right? Maybe they work on my will?” She wondered out loud. “I mean, you did do that face plant right after I said Sit-”
 
PLUNK!
 
Kagome stared wide eyed as Inuyasha once again plummeted to the floor. “Huh, well I guess we know how they work now!” she said cheerfully before rushing to the other side of her room, leaving a somewhat dazed Inuyasha behind her.
 
“I'm sorry but I have to lock the door again, my gramps might try to hurt you if he sees you.” Kagome told him, quickly going through her drawers for clothes, easily avoiding him as he tried to get up. “I'll come straight home though and we are talking even if that means you become real close with my carpet.” Kagome let him know, before escaping.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
The cold wind pulled and tugged at Sango's hair, threatening to make a mess of her neat pony tail. She stood on the ledge of the skyscraper, looking out on the people below. Her hand constantly twitched, and she had to force herself not to reach for the sword that no longer rested on her hip.
 
She resisted the urge to pace, not sure why she was so damned twitchy. Restlessness had been plaguing her for the past two nights, allowing her no rest, not even when she was at home. It was nearly as bad as when she was stuck in the personal hell of her own creating.
 
She allowed herself to sit, her legs dangling over the side. She breathed deeply, taking in the smell of the city into her lungs. Smoke, pollution, chili dogs and pocky intermixed with the scents that went unnoticed by mortals. Greed, fear, hopelessness, cruelty, kindness, charity and other smells engulfed the humans and they didn't even know it.
 
She breathed again, closing her eyes and sorting through all the scents. There...magic was high in the air and-
 
Her eyes flared open. He had been released.
 
Sango's hand fisted over where her hilt should have been.
 
Not only had was he loose, but he had been found by her.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
 
Kagome ripped the odafu off the door after patting her pocket to make sure her list was there. She fixed her helmet so it lay flat on her head and opened the door.
 
“Sit.” she ordered as soon as she saw Inuyasha's hands reach for her and stepped over his body. She sat down on the chair next to her desk while she waited for him to get up, the bed being much to inviting.
 
She slid her list out and opened it with a flick of her wrist, reading over it quickly to make sure she had gotten everything she wanted to ask. Goddamn it, she was determined to do this rationally even if it killed her.
 
“I have a few things I want to talk to you about.” Kagome began as Inuyasha slowly raised his head, his eyes dark and angry as he glared at her.
 
Inuyasha shot up in a blur, hand outstretched.
 
“Sit.”
 
Kagome studied the floor, wondering if the house's structure was strong enough to hold up to this kind of abuse.
 
“Kagome.” He snarled, “Stop fucking doing that.”
 
“Stop running for me.” Kagome shot back, no patience for this. “I need to talk to you before...this continues.”
 
He slowly got up and sat against the wall opposite her, his anger hardly appeased by her blush. The bastard still hadn't put anything on.
 
He blinked as he finally got a good look at her, “What are you wearing?”
 
Kagome stopped pulling at her collar, so many layers of clothing making her hot. The long underwear might have been a bit much but at least she hadn't gone so far as wearing a chastity belt. Her overalls were still going to chafe her legs though. The aluminum helmet was also bound to give her bad hat hair...
 
“Clothes. Maybe you should try it.” she said obviously, hoping all the crazies were right and the aluminum would block his brain waves from intercepting hers. Or was that just for aliens?
 
He stretched out, “Nah, clothes are much to...confining.” he waved a hand, “Go on, get this over with so we can move onto more important things.”
 
Kagome unclicked her pen so she could uncheck things as she went. See? She was going to go about this very rationally. “Who are you first of all?”
 
He raised a eyebrow, “Inuyasha?” he guessed, not really answering her question. He sighed at her stare, “I was a prince. My older brother was Lord of the West. Now that you know I'm royalty, can we move on?”
 
“SIT ASSHOLE” Kagome screamed, offended. “I am not going to sleep with you just because you're some kind of prince, what kind of girl do you think I am?”
 
“Like other women I met before I was imprisoned.” Inuyasha mumbled into the carpet.
 
Kagome gritted her teeth, hackles still up. “Well I'm not one of those girls. Jerk.” she gave half a check mark next to the question. She sensed there was something there but didn't want to push it.
 
“So what are you then?” she asked, moving on.
 
“Demon.” he rolled his eyes when she froze, “Not an evil, baby eating, resides in hell demon. Demons are sort of like an upgraded, stronger, faster, better human.” he tried to explain. “We live a lot longer then humans, we're practically immortal. Once we're officially bound, you'll latch onto my lifeline and live as long as I do.”
 
Well at least he wasn't a vampire or werewolf. She was still going to check with that monk guy on whether or not demons were that simple. Check. “How did you get into the mirror?”
 
Inuyasha settled back against the wall, lacing his hands behind his head. “There was a powerful priestess who hated me, Midoriko. She wanted me, but I knew she wasn't my mate so I refused her. She tricked me and sealed me away in the mirror until my mate could come and free me.” he looked at her, a small smile playing on his lips. “And you did.”
 
Check. “Do you know how you ended up with Dr. Saito?”
 
Inuyasha shrugged, “Dumb luck? Fate?” He guessed.
 
Hmm, check with monk guy. "Why are you so sure I'm your...um, mate?"
 
Inuyasha closed his eyes and breathed deeply, "I can smell it." he purred. "You smell like vanilla and cherry blossoms, like spring." he growled, "It's so fucking delicious."
 
"So because I smell good I'm your mate?" Kagome asked, skeptical.
 
Inuyasha opened his eyes, his golden stare pining her to the chair. "Of course not. It goes much deeper then scent, mate. Whenever I look at you, my instinct is screaming, she's mine. No one else's but mine." his gaze refused to let hers go as he slowly stood up, stalking her. "It wants me to take you, to touch you, to drive you insane until the only thing left for you to do is scream out your agreement. And then start all over again and again until you can't breath without feeling the imprint, the feel of my body on yours." He kneeled by her feet, and rested his hands on her knees, Kagome feeling his heat even through the layers of fabric separating them. "Is there anything else sweetheart?"
 
Kagome swallowed, chills going up and down her body while her heart pounded madly, "Just a few." she squeaked when his thumbs began to stroke over her knees. "Is there a-"
 
"My turn first." he interrupted. His hand reached up to gently smooth his fingertips just under the metal foiling crowning her head, "What's with this silver stuff?"
 
"It's called aluminum foil." she shivered when his fingers busied themselves by stroking her hair. "I've heard covering your head in it will keep other people out." she confessed.
 
Inuyasha chuckled, a dark smirk spreading across his face. "Ah mate." he said affectionately.
 
Click
 
"In my time, we might not have had this 'aluminum foil'"
 
But there is no way for you to ever hide from me.
 
His hands slid up her thighs, his golden eyes as hot as lava.
 
Don't you understand? There is no one else for me, for us.
 
His claws toyed with the edge of her parka, not sure how a zipper worked.
 
I can never let you go. If you ever run I would chase you down-
 
Kagome shook her head. Rationality damn it! This wasn't smart!
 
-lay you flat on the nearest private surface-
 
She tired to scot her chair away, trying to focus again. But how could she when he was so close?
 
-and take you so many times you forget why you ever wanted to leave me in the first place.
 
Kagome frowned, something finally occurring to her fogged mind as Inuyasha figured out the tab was meant to open the zipper but was pulling it the wrong way. This really wasn't like her. She wasn't the type to get all hot and bothered with a few pretty words and some light touching. Was something wrong with her or was Inuyasha like a Super Stud?
 
"Nothing's wrong with you, mate." Inuyasha informed her, amused.
 
You're my mate. You can't help your reaction to me. When you touch me, I'll feel the same.
 
Inuyasha sat back on his heels, frustrated with the zipper and instead ran his hands down his own chest.
 
Kagome leaped back, practically cowering on the table. "Enough! Out, out, out!!!"
 
Rip.
 
Inuyasha sat with a sullen look on his face, annoyed again. "If you're done, I have a few questions of my own."
 
Kagome checked her list, trying to catch her breath. "I have a few more." She stared blankly at her writing, trying to remember how to read. “Umm...”
 
Inuyasha reached over and plucked the list from her hand, “`What exactly is that mind-reading-feeling thing'?” he read off the list. “Demons refer to it as mind melding. Mates and family can do it. You reach out for your mate or relative, and you're able to talk or touch them.” he explained, glancing back down on the list.
 
“Why were you so shocked when I...pushed you out?” Kagome asked suddenly, not sure if she had written it on her list.
 
Inuyasha looked up before breaking eye contact with her, gaze faltering. “I was just surprised. You didn't look that tough.”
 
A nagging feeling entered Kagome's chest, Lie. Lielielielie. Something in her seemed to say. But why would he lie about something like this?
 
“What's a mate exactly?” Inuyasha read off the list quickly. He gave her a toothy grin, “I would be more then happy to show you what a mate is sweetheart.”
 
Kagome held him back with a foot on his chest, “Don't make me say sit...oops. Sorry, I didn't mean to say it that time.”
 
“Fate gives all demons a mate, the person they're meant to be with.” Inuyasha growled into the carpet. “Demons have mates as a way to control the population. It's impossible for a demon to get any woman but his mate pregnant.”
 
Inuyasha gave her a smothering stare, “Demons have large sex drives. Without mates, demons would overpopulate humans.” he gave her another slow smirk as he got up, the floor groaning.
 
“What happens if you don't find your mate?” Kagome asked, curious even though she was wondering if she shouldn't be freaking out over talking to a demon.
 
Inuyasha shrugged, “Not sure, I've never heard of a demon not finding his mate. Fate throws them together sooner or later.”
 
He raised a eyebrow, “How old are you?” he thought for a moment. “I was around 120, 125 before I was enslaved, plus the 500 years around 620 years I guess.”
 
Kagome's mouth dropped, “I'm only 16! Does the phrase, robbing the cradle mean anything to you?!?”
 
“Demons grow slow. I'm around 18 or 19 years old in human years.” Inuyasha gave a glum look at the list, wondering how much longer this was going to go on.
 
A smug grin found its way on his face as he read the last question, “Does he like to-“
 
“I didn't mean to write that!” Kagome gasped, lunging for the list, cursing herself.
 
Inuyasha held the list away from her reach, “I think this is a very valid question mate.” he said innocently, sniggering.
 
He grasped the arm that was desperately trying to snatch the list out of his grip and gave her finger a little nibble. He smiled as charming as the devil. “I not only like it-“ he kissed her palm, “I love to.” he purred, sucking a finger into his mouth.
 
He threw the list over his shoulder, tongue playing across her finger. “I believe I have a few things I want to ask as well mate.” he cooed darkly before pulling her off her chair and flat on the ground, quickly caging her in.
 
His body hovered above hers, hands resting on either side of her shoulders. His silver hair hung down over his neck, tickling her chest. He peered down at her, the bedroom light making his eyes look like molten gold. “Just where the hell did you get this binding necklace mate?” Inuyasha growled down at her.
 
Kagome tilted her head, slightly distracted with Inuyasha so close to her, “What's a binding necklace?” she asked, even though she had a pretty good idea what it was.
 
Inuyasha bared his teeth, “This damn necklace that sends me crashing to the ground whenever you command it.”
 
“Oh.” Kagome said eloquently, wondering how much to tell him. Did she want him to know about the monk guy? He might be her only source of reliable information.
 
Kagome shrugged, “I saw it at my grandpa`s gift shop at the shrine, I thought it was nice and picked it up.” she said casually. “I had no idea it would do that to you.”
 
He raised a silver brow, “Uh-huh.” he said unbelievingly.
 
Kagome blinked up at him, “Yeah-uh.” she agreed, “I guess I should tell grandpa to add a warning label to his products,” she finished in what she hoped was a convincing voice, praying he would drop it.
 
Kagome let her eyes wander over his face, while he frowned down at her. He really was gorgeous. She looked at his hair, noticing something in the silver mass. Something white?
 
She reached up just as he opened his mouth and he froze when she buried her hand in his hair. She ran her fingers through it, sighing over how soft it was. She ran her fingertips over his scalp until she found a small fuzzy piece.
 
Almost immediately, two little white dog ears popped up.
 
Inuyasha moaned, arching his head into her hand. He stopped, his eyes going wide and he looked at her, looking as if he was afraid of her reaction.
 
“They're so cute!!!” Kagome breathed, both hands reaching for his ears.
 
Inuyasha looked shocked then...touched? Before he closed his eyes and sighed in pleasure. “That feels so fucking good.” he groaned as she rubbed them.
 
Kagome grinned at his purr. “I love your ears. Why didn't I see them before?”
 
“Didn't know if you would like them.” Inuyasha sighed, pushing his head into her hands. “Keep doing that and I'll make you come so hard you black out.”
 
Kagome let his ears go as if they had burned her and scooted out from under his body. “So if we're done I'm going to go make dinner, do some chores.” she said, standing up fast.
 
Inuyasha stayed on the floor, ears twitching and his eyes locked on hers. “Um I'm really glad we had this talk-“
 
Faster then she could see, Inuyasha sat her on her desk and kept his hands on her hips so she couldn't run away again. He leaned close enough she could feel his breath on her lips. “Mate, I'm hungry.”
 
Kagome blushed, “Look Inuyasha, I'm still not totally comfortable with-“
 
Growl
 
Inuyasha grinned when she turned scarlet. “Let me come downstairs with you.” he brushed his nose with hers lightly. “I'll help you cook.” he offered.
 
Kagome bit her lip, Inuyasha following the movement with his eyes, “Look, I don't know how to explain you to my family. And you're going to need clothes.”
 
Inuyasha frowned, backing off slightly. “Then find me some. And make up a story they'll believe. I don't intend to trade one prison for another.”
 
He let her go, stepping back. “Be back soon with food. And take the aluminum off.” he turned around and sat down on her bed, stretching out. “And for your information, you're sleeping here tonight. With me.”
 
Kagome gulped, wondering where her snowsuit was. Even that probably wouldn't be enough of a barrier against him though. She hesitated at the door.
 
“There's one more thing I wanted to ask you about.” She held her hand up, palm up. “What does this mark mean?”
 
Inuyasha stared at the mark, his entire body tense. “Kagome.” He growled, “Do not ask me unless you want to be thrown against the wall and fucked within an inch of your life.” he stared at the mark, and licked his lips, “Leave.”
 
Kagome didn't just leave, she ran.