InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ Unexpected ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
 
 
I'm sorry, Inuyasha and Kagome might be a bit OOC, I'll try too keep them in character as best I can, ok.
 
Disclaimer: The only characters that belong to me are the ones I made up, ok. Inuyasha and the gang will sadly never belong to me no matter how hard I try, but they do belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
 
 
It was a day just like any normal day for the gang. Miroku up to no good, as usual, with the ladies, while a fuming Sango threateningly tries to keep him in line, after all they were engaged. Shippo was playing tag with Sango's fluffy companion Kirara, his always cheerful laugh vibrant in the air. As expected, a gloomy aura that was from a certain hanyou, was sulking up on a branch of the Sacred Tree. Inuyasha was having a cow, all due to the fact that he was worrying over Kagome's safety, even if he never would admit this to anyone, not even to himself. He usually shunned all emotion toward Kagome, but sometimes his concentration would slip, especially when she got injured. Even though he trusted Kagome, he feared she would not come back. After all, her time was just as dangerous as his own time, excluding the demons. Just when he had made up his mind in going after her, she appeared over the lip of the well.
 
“Kagome,” he said gruffly, “what took you so long? I thought I told you only three days.”
 
While blushing Kagome sheepishly said, “Sorry, I just kinda lost track of the time and then I had some important thi…” Inuyasha stopped her midsentence. She gave him a perplexed look. She blushed when she realized at how close they where.
 
“Shush,” he whispered, “did you hear that?” His velvety dog-ears that stood atop his head swiveled toward the sound, only fifty feet from the well where they stood. Before Kagome could respond Inuyasha had already ventured toward the sound.
 
By the time Kagome got there his back was turned away from her, but she could tell he was holding something. He turned and in his arms he had a tiny infant. Kagome couldn't understand how someone who has the ability to cut down a fourth of a forest with only one swipe of his claws, could be so gentle and tender with something so tiny and fragile. It warmed her heart, looking upon the scene before her. It seemed so unreal to her. She had never seen him this way, but now that she thought about it he had used a similar kindness toward her. She saw the look in his eyes; she had only seen that look when he let his guard down, when he let his feelings slip through the cracks of his tough exterior. Except this look was a bit different. It was a fatherly look, much unlike with her, with her it was a look that made her blush especially since boys never really looked at her in that way except for Hojo but he made her feel nothing, well that wasn't all true Hojo made her feel uncomfortable if she said it made her feel nothing that would be a lie. Kagome could not understand her feelings toward Inuyasha. Sure she loved him, but would he ever love her back? She understood the relationship that he and Kikyo had, but could Inuyasha not understand that she was dead? Kikyo had loved and cared about him once upon a time, but she had not loved him enough, not the way that Kagome did. Kikyo only wanted Inuyasha human, Kagome loved him both ways in fact she would become anxious whenever he was in his human form. She did not want to loose him; he was more vulnerable in his human form. She loved any form he was in, whether he was human, hanyou, or full-fledged youkai she loved him all the same. Kagome's thoughts were interrupted when the baby stirred. It had first started with a whimper that escalated into a shrill cry making Inuyasha's delicate ears flatten against his scalp. Instinctively Kagome took the baby from Inuyasha, rocking her to and fro.
 
Inuyasha had never seen such a tranquil look on Kagome's face, such a tender expression, one of sheer happiness. The only times he had seen a similar look was when Kagome looked at Shippo and when his mother would look at him, a motherly expression. He didn't want to admit it and didn't think he'd ever be secure enough to say it out loud, but he loved Kagome and the scene unfolding before him made him realize this even more. He wanted to hold her, but didn't for fear of rejection, after all who would love a lowly hanyou. He felt worthless and disgraceful. He couldn't help the way he felt about her. Whenever she would flash her heart warming smile, his body would go numb and his heart would skip a couple beats. He just didn't understand her kindness towards him, ever since he was a child he had always been shunned and degraded, being called a filthy half-breed, this was why he thought that Kagome would never love him. Kagome tolerated him of course, no matter how many times he would go off to see Kikyo, Kagome would always stay by his side no matter how mad she got. He knew that Kagome liked him, but he doubted that she loved him.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha looked at each other, they both had the same question on their minds, “What do we do now?”
“He must be hungry Inuyasha, lets take him to Kaede's and we'll talk there about what to do next and see if we can figure out where she came from.” Kagome said without taking her eyes off the infant, deliberately not looking him in the eyes because of the look Inuyasha was giving her, well not that she didn't like it, she just wasn't used to him looking at her like that. Inuyasha only nodded, silently answering his okay about the whole situation.
 
When they arrived the monk gave a lecherous grin that was rewarded by a thunk on the head with the demon slayers abnormally large boomerang.
 
Miroku ignored this and continued to say “Well, well Lady Kagome, when where you going to tell us that you were pregnant and gave birth to Inuyasha's child?” he received a murderous glare from a certain hanyou and another thunk on the head from Sango.
 
Kagome could only blush at Miroku's comment because if anyone else had seen the tiny infant they would have mistaken it for Kagome and Inuyasha's child (if they had had one). The baby girl had a tuff of chocolate brown hair and when she opened her tiny eyes, golden pupils could be seen. While Kagome's mind wondered too the possibilities. Inuyasha went to say,
“We FOUND her near the well in the forest, we just brought her here so that we could discuss what to do and to find out where she came from!”
“That's easy my friend…” Miroku started to say.
“Really?” Inuyasha said with a hint of hope in his voice.
“ Yes, my good friend, it is simple, when two people love each other very much…” he was cut shot when a fist collided with his skull.
“That's NOT what I meant, you lecherous monk!” Inuyasha had gone three different shades of red in less than a second.
Both Sango, who had gone over to take a look at the infant in Kagome's arms, and Kagome looked at the hanyou and the monk argue, then looked at each other.
“Okay girls” they said at the same time.
“We need to figure out where and how she got here,” Sango said a tone of authority in her voice.
“And if you don't stop fighting,” Kagome forcefully said “so help me, I'll cause so much pain for both of you, neither of you will be able to sit or walk right for a week” this caused Inuyasha to quiver in fear, he knew that if he didn't cut it out now he would get S-A-T. Miroku in that instant stopped and sat as still as humanly possible making him seem as though he where a statue.
“Okay,” Kagome started “We need to start by going to the place where Inuyasha and I found her, but before we start she needs to eat so Sango and I will go see if the head mid-wife can help us out, okay, so behave yourselves.” Kagome and Sango stood up and left the hut.
 
 
Hope you liked it and tell me if I should continue this or not.
I fully accept criticism, but please no flames. This is my first fanfic so please go easy on me, but not too easy, K.