InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
I am so sorry it's been over a two years since I have posted a chapter but I got caught up in life but now I have enough time to update whenever I write up a new chapter :)
Disclaimer: The only characters that belong to me are the ones that I make up. Inuyasha and the gang will never belong to me no matter how hard I try. They belong to the amazing genius Rumiko Takahashi.
As Kagome and Sango head to the mid-wife to see what can be done about the baby that Kagome and Inuyasha found, Kagome can't help but wonder What if Inuyasha and I raise this baby? Kagome and the infant had already bonded in the short time they had been together and she just wouldn't be able to part with her. As all of this is running through Kagome's head, she and Sango arrive at the mid-wife's hut.
“Ohiyo gozamaz Kagome-sama, how may I be of assistance?” greeted the mid-wife.
“Ohiyo gozamaz Chiuri-san, Sango and I had a few questions concerning the infant Inuyasha and I found by the well” stated Kagome.
“Of course, may I see the child? I just want to make sure the child is not ill.”
Kagome nods and gently hands the baby girl to Chiuri. Chiuri carefully examines the child and stops to comment with Kagome.
“Kagome-sama, are you aware that this child is no ordinary child? This child is hanyou, what do you intend on doing with her Kagome-sama?” Chiuri hands the child back to Kagome. Kagome willingly accepts the child.
Kagome thinks for a second before responding. “Well honestly right now I have no idea but I will be responsible for her well-being.”
“Kagome-chan, are you sure you really want to be responsible for a child you just found?” asked Sango.
“Of course Sango-chan, I did the same with Shippo.” answered Kagome with complete resolution.
“I know Kagome-chan but Shippo was much older when you found him. This is a baby. She will depend on you all the time. Don't you think you should at least think about it for a bit?” reasoned Sango.
“I understand where you're coming from Sango-chan but someone put this baby by the bone-eaters well for a reason, I just know it!” to make her point she held the baby to her chest.
“Inuyasha is going to have a hissy fit when you tell him that you want to keep this baby.” stated Sango, Kagome just rolled her eyes.
“Well since that's been decided for now, what would we be able to do to keep this baby feed Chiuri-san?”
Throughout this whole discussion Chiuri had just sat there listening to the both of them.
“First things first Kagome-sama...milk.” she said matter-of-factly.
“Of course Chiuri-san but from where? I'm obviously not lactating.”
“Haha, of course, of course Kagome- sama, I was merely stating the fact. We will find a solution but for now we will use rice water to feed this child.”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
While Inuyasha and Miroku were left behind, Miroku attempted to interrogate Inuyasha.
“So is it true that you found the infant or was that just a ruse to cover up Kagome-sama's pregnancy?” This unnecessary question earned the lecherous monk a knot on the head.
“Baka. Of course we found the pup.” Inuyasha blushed profusely. “When Kagome came through the well we heard a cry. I ran toward the sound and there she was. End of story.”
Miroku turned serious. “Are you sure that that's the end of the story? Are you not thinking about what will happen to the infant from now on?”
“Well I hadn't really thought of it.” This made Inuyasha ponder the possibilities. “I wonder what Kagome will want to do with her.”
“Knowing Kagome, she'll want to keep her Inuyasha.”
Inuyasha froze. Keep her? We still need to collect the rest of the jewel shards and defeat Naraku...but that look on Kagome's face...she would be heartbroken if I told her she couldn't keep her. His ears lowered at this thought.
Miroku could see the emotional turmoil on Inuyasha's face. So before Inuyasha could stress himself out he plainly stated
“Do not fret Inuyasha whatever Kagome choses I'm sure she'll do it because she feels it is the right thing to do. If you and Kagome found the infant by the well it must be because whoever left her there knew about the well's power.”
“Maybe...but who could it have been? The pup smells of inu-youkai and human. And the inu-youkai smells familiar...like mine...not like Sesshomaru (absolutely not Sesshomaru) but similar.
“So the child is hanyou.” stated Miroku.
“Yeah, I knew from the beginning but at the moment I didn't think about saying anything.”
“You never think about anything.” mumbled Miroku.
What did you say?” asked Inuyasha through clenched teeth.
“Nothing.” chirped Miroku.
WHACK
“Feh.”
Throughout this whole exchange Shippo and Kirara had been asleep due to their time playing in the field. While Miroku nursed his third bump that day Kagome and Sango walked through the huts entrance.
Kagome entered with the sleeping infant in her arms. “Well we'll have to feed her rice water for the time being but Inuyasha and I will have to go to my time to find some suitable formula to feed the baby.”
“Wait...WHAT?? But you just got back!” argued Inuyasha.
“Well she has to eat Inuyasha and keep it down. She just fell asleep.” Kagome glared at Inuyasha. She dared not raise her voice for fear that she might wake the baby.
“...Feh,” grunted Inuyasha. “So...we have to go to your time for her food?”
“Yes Inuyasha...but now that I think about it what are we going to do with her? And what should we call her? We can't just call her 'the infant' or 'the baby' all the time.”
At that moment Shippo woke up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
“What's all this noise about?” he asked still half-asleep.
“I'm sorry Shippo, we didn't mean to wake you.” said Kagome in a tender tone.
Sniff Sniff “What's that smell?”
As he sniffed around his eyes landed on the baby in Kagome's arms. His eyes went wide as the realization hit him.
“How long was I asleep?!” he screeched.
Knowing full well what Shippo meant Sango tried to calm him. “Shhh Shippo, it's all right. Inuyasha and Kagome found the baby. ” explained Sango.
Inuyasha and Kagome blushed at the insinuation. Inuyasha had thought about popping the runt on the head but thought twice about it because he knew that Kagome would S-I-T him.
Sorry for the extremely late update (a few years to be exact, so sorry). Hope you liked it. Please comment and no flames please.