Law And Order - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Close to Home ❯ One Too Many ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Year and a Half Later
"Did I really just play good cop back there?" Alyssa asked Landon as walked into the squad room.
He slightly nodded. "Yeah and you were actually good at it." They stood next to their desks.
"You're starting to soften me up and I making you a bad ass." She sat down as she started to laugh. Elliot and Olivia gave each other a look as they watched the two.
"I think we finally found the one." Olivia whispered to Elliot.
"We can only hope." He answered.
Fin and Munch then walked in with Alex hot on their heels.
"So we finally got the confession. No broken noses or claims of police brutality to add to it?" Alex asked as she looked at Alyssa.
"Hey it only took us one hour and I played good cop for once." She answered. "I actually ad to hold Landon back. I thought I was going to have to use a leash. I was a good girl Aunt Alex."
"See the government has finally implanted a chip in her brain. Our dear little Alyssa Stabler is softening up." Munch stated.
"Hey I'm still bad ass Munch. Those perverted bastards don't stand a chance against me. Remember that one perp two weeks ago? I flatten him after five minutes in that room."
"And you're proud of that?" Fin asked her.
"Damn straight, pervs don't get...no they have no right to hit on me."
"She's your daughter alright." Elliot mumbled to Olivia who shot him a glare.
"Hey, I can be a jerk to people I haven't slept with. I'm just that good." Alyssa proudly stated.
"Thank you for those unneeded mental images." Landon said to her.
"Perv." She muttered. "Only you imagined that."
"So anyway, what's the moral of the case kiddies?" John asked.
"Overall? Drug addicts are idiots because they break down only after a few minutes." Landon said as Alyssa nodded.
"Agreed." John said as he and Fin sat at their desks. Alex on the other hand went into Cragen's office as Olivia and Elliot went back to paper work.
"Hey I was going to go to my brother's tonight; I was wondering if you wanted to go. No big deal if you don't." Landon said to Alyssa in a low voice.
"Sure I never met your brother yet. What's his name again?" She asked.
"Zachary and yes he's single." He told her.
"Oh don't worry; he has to pass my test for me to consider him." She said to him as she looked at her watch. "Well it's already 7:39. Don't you think we should go?"
"Oh don't worry he won't care, he's use to long hours."
"Where does he work?"
"He's a Fed."
"Oh, let's go then. I feel like sleeping sometime tonight and no. Not with a person you perv." She said to him as they grabbed their coats off their chairs. "Hey Mom." She grabbed Olivia's attention. "If the Cap asks where we are. Tell him we went home for the night."
"Sure, goodnight." The two waved goodbye to her and Elliot.

Zachary's Apartment
7:56 p.m.
"Hey Zach open up already." Landon said knocking on his door.
"Well sorry if I what to look at least half way human." They heard as the door opened. Zachary looked exactly like Landon except his hair was dirty blonde.
"Oh please you were never human. Didn't Mom tell you? You were born in a test tube." Landon teased as Zachary put him in a headlock.
"Come on little bro, you can't win this one. Say it." Zachary ordered.
"Never!" Landon gasped. Alyssa frowned as she cleared her throat.
Zachary looked up at her and released Landon. "Well now who is this?"
"Alyssa Stabler, I'm Landon's partner."
"And very beautiful. Please come in." He said more to Alyssa then Landon as he closed the door on his foot.
---5 Hours Later---
Alyssa downed her third shot with a gulp. She already had two glasses of scotch, a beer, and now three shots of vodka and was feeling beyond buzzed. "I know how to handle my liquor gentlemen." She slurred. "You should see when my Mom gets drunk and man it's hard to get her drunk. She's a riot though." She snorted and then hiccupped as she playfully slapped Zachary's shoulder.
"I'll take her home. We still have work tomorrow and she'll bitch about her hangover so I'll be back after I drop her off." Landon said to Zachary as she was now passing out on his shoulder. He picked her up in his arms and walked out.

Alyssa's Apartment
1:23 a.m.
Landon opened the door maneuvering the passed out Alyssa in his arms. He first laid her on her couch so that he could find her bedroom which he did. He then slung her over his shoulder and went into her bedroom. He laid her in her bed and pulled the covers over her as she rolled over in her sleep and started to softly snore.
"Well I can tease you for snoring now." He said under his breath as he locked the door to her apartment and went back to his brother's.