Law And Order - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Close to Home ❯ He's dead, He missing, She's hungover ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thought I should mention this. In the story Olivia is 44, Elliot is 45, Alex is 34, Casey is 32, Fin is 40, Munch is 57, and Cragen is 62. It takes place in 2009 as we just started 2010.

"Ow." Alyssa moaned as she woke up. "What the hell? What did I do last night and how did I get here? Ow." She groaned as she held her head. She looked over at her clock and sighed, 7:49 a.m. "Oh shit..." She jumped out of her bed to make an offering to the porcelain god, her toilet. Then she got in the shower, made another offering, then got dressed to only make another offering soon after. Alyssa was finally ready to go to work. She even drank five cups of coffee trying to reduce her hang over and nausea. Alyssa called Landon's cell twice but with no avail. She grabbed a bottle of Tylenol and popped one in her mouth and eventually decided to bring the whole bottle with her. She walked out of her apartment building as the sunlight burned her eyes. She growled and covered her eyes. "Jesus Christ!" She cursed as she walked down the sidewalk and tried to call Landon again with no answer.

16th Precinct9:06 a.m.

"Hey Liv has Landon or Alyssa come in yet?" Fin asked as he and Elliot walked out of Cragen's office and sat down at their respective desks.
She shook her head. "No and neither of them called yet."
"Hey everyone guess who I found!" Munch proclaimed excitedly as he appeared in the doorway. "And behind detective number one is..." He moved out of the way as Alyssa hastily walked past him. "By the way, how's that hangover?" Munch teased, saying it loud enough for everyone to hear. She sat down as her face turned bright red and she avoided her parents' gazes.
"It sucks." Alyssa mumbled with a sigh into her folded arms. She still hadn't forgiven herself for getting drunk last night; she didn't think she would ever forgive herself. She pinched the bridge of her nose as she dropped her head and took another Tylenol.
"Drink this." he instructed as he set a coffee cup down by her hand.
She looked up and groaned "Do you know how much coffee I've had this morning?" She asked incredulously. "I think it's stopped working completely and it made me pee like a racehorse." She stared into the cup of questionable brown liquid "Besides," she looked back up at Munch "...did you make this Munch?"
"I resent that!" Munch said, holding his hands to his chest and feigning an expression of hurt. It was well known that John Munch made, perhaps, the worst coffee on the whole island of Manhattan but that didn't stop him from making it every chance he got.
Alyssa turned to Olivia. "What did I do last night?"
"Um you left with Landon and I don't know where you went." She told her.
"Oh that reminds me." She took her cellphone out. "You son-of-a-bitch you better answer, this is the fourth time I'm calling you! You better call me back and get here now!" She hung up the phone as the four stared at her.
"What's the last thing you remember from yesterday?" Fin asked her.
"Uh Alex coming in and oh I remember I went to Landon's brother's, and those bastards must have let me get drunk until I passed out!" She angrily shouted. "That asshole could've stopped me!"
"I doubt he wanted to get you drunk. He took you back to your apartment at least." Elliot said to her. "We can't even stop you when you drink, that's why we don't let you. How is he supposed to stop you?"
"I don't-" She stopped in mid sentence as she covered her mouth and darted to the bathroom.
Olivia sighed as she grabbed a water bottle and hair tie off her desk and followed her. As she entered the bathroom she heard sounds of vomiting from one of the stalls. She found her on her knees in the second stall puking her guts out. "It's like you're five years old all over again."
Meanwhile Cragen walked out of his office.
"Where's Alyssa?" He asked in a stern voice, he looked upset. The two walked out of the bathroom moments later and looked at Cragen. "We have a problem."

Zachary's Apartment9:38 a.m.

"My god." Fin said as he and Munch walked into the apartment. The apartment's floor was splattered with blood as Zachary's body was lying lifelessly on the floor. Melinda stood up and walked to them. "What happened?"
"Zachary DeLano, 32. The person who did this was sick. He shot him in the stomach twice and the chest three times. I'd have to say he died around two in the morning. We also found blood on the coffee table. We'll test it to see if it belongs to him or someone else." She told them. "Have you heard from Landon?"
"No; Alyssa's trying to get a hold of him still while Olivia and Elliot are going to Landon's apartment after they tell Alex." Munch told her. "What's the chances of the blood, on the coffee table, being Landon's?"
Melinda sighed and shrugged. "Mr. DeLano here probably died within seconds of being shot. We do have the gun though. The idiot who did this left it. I'm going to put a rush on the prints. I'll call all of you guys when I get them." She stated as she left.

Landon's Apartment10:26 a.m.

Olivia and Elliot opened the door to the apartment as they walked in.
Olivia scanned his kitchen. "All I see in here is cereal, expired milk, a lot of junk mail, and wow didn't expect this." She held a picture frame in her hand.
"What?" Elliot asked.
"A picture of Alyssa during paperwork." Olivia smirked as she put it down.
Elliot saw the light on Landon's answering message blinking. Elliot read the time the messages was received.
"Landon got two messages, five minutes apart. Both from Alyssa." Elliot told her.
"Play them." She told him as he pressed the button.
"Hey um I gave up trying to call your cell. Maybe it's off or charging. You'll have a dozen messages when you turn it on so um...I guess you're asleep or you got as plastered as I did last night and you're passed out." They heard her give a slight sad laugh, then a sigh, and what sounded like crying. "Listen Landon please just call me back." Was she really crying? "I need to hear your voice and know you're ok. I can't let myself lose another partner."
Olivia looked at Elliot with disbelief.
"I've never heard her cry like that." He said to her as the next message went on.
"I don't know if I did something stupid when I was drunk and embarrassed you so I'm sorry about last night." They heard her sharply inhale with stifled sobs. "I know this isn't any of my business but never mind Cragen will probably call you so um just at least text me and tell me you're ok."
"There's nothing put a girl crying on the phone for her friend, we're wasting time." Elliot said.
"What the hell's wrong with you!?" Olivia exclaimed. "That's not some girl El, that's our daughter. She needs us. She has no one but us to look for comfort." As her phone rang. "Benson." She nodded her head. "Warner ran the prints and they immediately popped up."
"Who was it?"
"She said we need to see it because she said we aren't going to believe it."

NYC Office of Chief Medical Examiner10:52 a.m.

"What is this a party?" Elliot asked as Fin, Munch, and Cragen were in the room.
"I wish wish I could say that." Melinda said as she walked over to the computer, its screen was off.
"So what piece of shit did it?" Olivia asked.
Melinda inhaled as she sighed. "I have to apologize in advance, it was hard for me to do this. I had to give the evidence to the FBI when they came."
"Warner just tell us who did it already." Cragen said.
"I have to warn you though, you might want to hold onto something." As she turn on the computer screen.
"Oh my god." Munch and Fin muttered.
"No, no it can't be." Elliot shook his head.
Olivia's voice cracked. "You got it wrong somehow. Y-you ran the wrong prints. Please tell me you ran the prints Melinda."
"I wish I could Olivia." Melinda said as she looked at the screen.
On the screen flashed prints identified above that was a picture of Alyssa.
"Don, where is she?" Olivia asked.
"I told her to take a nap. I thought it would help her remember what she did last night. She's at the station, in the cribs." He told her as she started to walk towards the door.
Elliot grabbed her arm. "Where are you going?"
She yanked her arm at of his grasp. "I'm not going to let those rat-bastards arrest her."
"Liv they'll arrest you if they find out you hid her." Fin said.
"Fine you can tell them this. Screw you." She said as tears ran down her face. "You're not going to stop me."
"No, we're going with you." Cragen said as they left.

16th Precinct11:13 a.m.

"Who dialed 1-800-Weasel?" Munch said as they walked through the squad room doors to find several IAB agents skulking around.
"Hey you!" Fin grabbed one of the agents. "What're y'all here for?"
"The owner of this." The man replied as he held up a gun in an evidence bag. "And here they come."
Ed Tucker came walking down the stairs with Alyssa, who was handcuffed. "Alyssa Stabler, you're under arrest for the murder of FBI agent Zachary DeLano and the kidnapped of Landon DeLano. You have the right to an attorney. If you can't afford one, one will be appointed to you. Have you understood these rights as they were explained to you?"
"Tucker! What the hell is this!?" Cragen yelled.
"Stay out of this Cragen! When your detectives decide to kill FBI agents, it's my business and my job to make sure lowlifes like her stay off the streets!" He said as he stormed out, yanking Alyssa behind him.