Law And Order - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Close to Home ❯ FBI, IAB, and the ADA...Oh My! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Internal Affairs Bureau's Interrogation Room
1:57 p.m.

"This is ridiculous." Alyssa deeply sighed. "It's been over an hour Tucker. Get in here already."
The door opened as Tucker walked in. "You're impatient. At least you stayed."
"You're very funny jackass." She spat as she raised her hands only about two inches before the handcuffs restricted her motion. "Is this really necessary?"
"Interrogating you?" He asked.
"No you prick the handcuffs. You cuffed me to the freakin table. And don't give me the, it's standard procedure bullshit. I only see this with dangerous perps. How do I classify as dangerous?" She eyed him.
"Your father is Elliot Stabler. The man's known for bashing people's head in. Taking precautions."
"Cap what the hell is going on?" Elliot asked as he and Olivia ran up.
"Tucker's questioning her. He even cuffed her to the table."He replied.
"Didn't she call for her lawyer yet?" Olivia asked. Cragen shook his head.
"So detective are you single?" Tucker asked.
"Are you questioning me or asking me out? Because if you are, I don't date old guys."
"That same behavior got your mother in trouble plenty of times. I'd watch the insults if I were detective."
"That sounded like a threat Tucker."
Tucker looked around the room. "No cameras, no recording devices so I can say you were the one that threatened me."
Alyssa snickered. "You're really as stupid as you look. You know that? Cragen and my parents are out there right now watching this. You think you can honestly get away with that shit? Either you interrogate me or I'll leave."
"You killed a FBI agent and his brother is still missing. What did you do last night?"
"I don't remember." She said as she sat back.
"Interesting, why not?" He mockingly asked her. "Really why?"
"You're a bastard." She glared into his eyes. "I was drunk last night and I passed out."
"Convenient."
"What evidence do you think you have on me?"
"Your gun, you left it at the crime scene. We're going to compare the bullets and the blood we found. You're prints are on the gun too so what more do you want?"
"I want my lawyer."
"You better have a pretty damn good one." He said to her as he left the room. He turned to Cragen. "Until further notice, Detectives Stabler and Benson are also suspended and are not allowed to have any connect with the suspect or become involved in the case."
"WHAT!?" The two exclaimed.
"Tucker, don't do this." Cragen said but his plea went on deaf ear as Tucker walked away.
"This one I actually don't agree with, IAB wanted it that way. I disagree with them on this case." They heard a voice say. They saw Dean Porter walking up.
"Dean, you think she's innocent?" Olivia asked him.
He nodded. "She's like you. I can see that look in her eyes, she couldn't have done it. I think she was setup."
"Just cause Liv was doesn't mean Alyssa is." Elliot said as he looked at Olivia, who looked like she was about to shoot him. "What? She was drunk. Anything she says can be fabricated by hallucinations. I'd love to believe her Liv but I just...I just can't."
"Look all of the FBI was advised, by the Chief of D's, to stay out of this but considering who's daughter she is, I'll risk it. I'll question her with you two in there acting as bodyguards. Right now Tucker is going to cry to his boss for a search warrant on her apartment. We have at least twenty minutes."
"Do it, I got to get back to the precinct. I have a feeling leaving Munch and Fin in charge isn't working." Cragen said as he left.
"First we need her lawyer in there." He said.
"Why?" Elliot asked.
"Well if the rats walk in, it has to look like FBI is interrogating her."
"We're going to lie to IAB? Are you nuts?" Olivia asked him.
"No I'm going to get her out of here. Just go along with it." He said as he took out his phone. "Hey Liz, it's Agent Porter. I need a good lawyer for a homicide case. No-no, not for me. Uh for Alyssa Stabler. Right, thanks." He hung up. "Judge Donnelly is sending an A.D.A. Apparently she was just brought in."
"You got her a kid?" Olivia asked as Elliot held her back.
"Me and Liz are friends, she wouldn't send a smuck. I got someone better than that."
---17 minutes later---
"Someone call for an A.D.A?" A woman asked as they turned around.
"Casey Novak, you got Casey Novak?" Elliot asked Dean. "Weren't you disbarred four years ago?"
"I'll be reinstated pending on what I do during this case. It's either make it or remain disbarred. What do we got?" She asked.
"Lyss is being charged for murder and kidnapping." Olivia told as she sighed.
"You're kidding me, right? That sweet kid kill anyone?" She asked dumbfounded. "Who do they think she killed and kidnapped?"
"They think she kidnapped her partner, Detective Landon DeLano, after killing his brother FBI agent Zachary DeLano. Right now we're going to fake an interrogation. The four of us." Elliot said as they looked through the one way mirror.
Casey sighed as she twitched her lips. "Well no time like the present." She said as she opened the door and walked in.
"Tucker if you're here to harass me again, I'll just call lawyer." Alyssa said without looking over to see who walked in.
"I thought you would have been happy to see us at least." Casey said as the other three walked in.
"Casey, Mom, Dad; what the hell are you guys doing here and who's he?" She motioned to Porter.
"This is FBI agent Dean Porter." Elliot said to her.
"Great, let me guess you're going to do the guilt trip on me?" She asked.
"No, I'm here to help you." He said as he sat down. "Right now we're going to fake an interrogation, play along." She nodded. "Ok do you remember what you did last night? Beyond going to Zack's, like what and how much you drank?"
"Uh I think it was a beer, two glasses of scotch, and three shots of vodka." She listed.
"Oh my god Lyss, you can barely drink a glass of wine without getting a major buzz. Did you honestly think you could have drank that much without passing out?" Olivia asked her. "What were you thinking, were you even thinking!?"
"I was drunk. I drank myself under the table." She admitted. "The one thing is, I wasn't carrying my gun."
"You didn't have it with you at all?" Casey asked her.
"Landon dropped me off at my apartment right before we went to his brother's and I left it there." She told them.
"Then how did your gun get there?" Elliot asked.
She sighed. "I...I don't know."
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE!?" Tucker yelled as he slammed the door open.
"I'm interrogating the suspect for the FBI, Dean Porter." Porter said as he took out his badge.
"Bull, you don't need the Stabler pair for that or the A.D.A. reject." He fumed. "She's the suspect of IAB and us only. The feds will have to wait their turn."
Porter looked over at Alyssa who slightly nodded. "Miss Novak is her lawyer. Olivia and Elliot are here as bodyguards."
"Bodyguards?" He asked. "Because Miss Stabler here is cuffed and can't move. Take your shit somewhere else Mr. Porter because Miss Stabler here is going to Central Booking." As he uncuffed her from the table.
"I'm taking her in custody for the FBI then." Porter said.
"I don't think so, the Chief of D's ordered for her to be sent to central booking." He said as he recuffed her and walked her out of the room.
"Dammit." Porter muttered.
"Great plan." Casey sarcastically said. "My turn." She then walked out.