Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sleeping on Sasuke ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The chakra waves emitting from up ahead were tremendous. Kakashi was racing towards this beacon on the horizon as fast as possible. The source of these immense charkas were none other than his very own students. Impossible circumstance had lent them strength beyond what should have been capable of them. And with the way they were clashing, Kakashi knew that one or both of them couldn’t last much longer. He wasn’t willing to lose a student and so his steps became even faster as he raced towards them.

Upon cresting a hill, Kakashi was able to spot them finally. Standing in the middle of a lake in front of two enormous statues and a waterfall were Naruto and Sasuke. Just as he spotted them, he could make out that they were charging towards each other with their most powerful techniques. Naruto was facing away from Kakashi and running towards Sasuke with a raesegan in hand, while Sasuke challenged Naruto with the Chidori. Too far away to stop them, Kakashi could only watch as, at the last minute, Naruto faltered and Sasuke succeeded at blasting the chidori straight through Naruto’s right shoulder. Naruto’s raesegan goes out and he slumps forward.

Sasuke looks in horror at his arm protruding through his best friends back and the Chidori fades swiftly. Kakashi jumps down the hill and quickly, but cautiously approaches his students. Naruto slowly raises his head and Kakashi can see relief flash through Sasuke’s eyes. Naruto whispers something in Sasuke’s ear, and though he is too far away to hear it, Kakashi can see Sasuke’s panicked reaction to whatever the blonde said. Sasuke begins to struggle to pull away from Naruto, but the shorter boy is holding tight with his still-working left arm wrapped around the Uchiha. Naruto leans closer to his panicked teammate, impaling himself further onto Sasuke’s arm and dips his head to the point where Sasuke’s neck meets his shoulder. From Kakashi’s angle, it looks like the boys are in some sort of morbid embrace.

Suddenly, Sasuke throws his head back towards the sky and screams out in gut-wrenching pain. Kakashi has finally arrived at the scene only to be thrown back by a blast of red chakra as it pours off the blonde. Naruto turns towards Kakashi and for the first time he can see his students face. He expected to see the feral red eyes of the Kyuubi. He expected to see anger or at least pain. What he didn’t expected was to see the calm blue eyes that were staring at him. He didn’t expect them to look so sad. And he most defiantly didn’t expect to see Naruto’s mouth dripping with blood as he spat out a chunk of Sasuke’s shoulder that contained the curse seal. Sasuke stopped screaming and returned to normal as he lost consciousness. Naruto too passed out as his eyes rolled back in his head. Having been released of the hold his teammate had on him, Sasuke fell backwards, arm finally coming free from Naruto. Kakashi caught both of them and moved off the lake, placing them carefully on the ground. After bandaging them the best he could, Kakashi dashed back to Konoha, carrying the boys as gently as possible.